[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (6KB, 408x123px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 408x123px
Hey I'm a Aussie here looking for a good well priced bolt action rifle I've found the American by ruger and was wondering if anybody had one and can give me a review or any other suggestions thanks heaps
>>
>>34873914
I've heard good things but I don't know as much about the ruger american specifically

Savage Axis II with scope combo is really popular in the states and people swear by them. I held one at a gun store a few months ago and the bolt was SO stiff i had to slap it around but who knows, could have been a lemon

Also I hear that the Compass by Thompson Center is actually a way better gun than the savage but I don't think there are any scope combos
>>
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
>>
>>34873914
They are a budget rifle, and for the price they are in the US, they are a good value. A savage or Remington in the same price range are also equally as good of a value, but have the added benefit of a much broader aftermarket.
>>
File: IMG_2505.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2505.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I've got the predator
>>
>>34873914
Don't be a pov cunt, get yourself a tikka.
>>
>>34873992
I've found the ruger American navy in 308 with 2 10 round magazines and a vortex 4-12/40 scope for 990$ which seems to be a very nice price
>>
>>34874313
Gotta budget I got a norico jw15 package for 250 shoots like a beast just looks a bit rough
>>
>>34873914

If you're willing to pay a bit extra I've heard phenomenal things about the tikka t3x (upgraded t3). I'm considering one myself for a stock moa creedmore rifle. Neither have a large aftermarket, so dont expect much upgrading if any. You'd have to get a remington 700 for that and replace all the remington shit on it except the receiver
>>
>>34873914

I have one in .300 MEME.

It's a good gun at the entry level. Shoots when you tell it to, doesn't shoot when you tell it not to. Accuracy is pretty much standard for what you'd expect out of an off-the-shelf bolt action, which means it's probably better than you.

What I like in the American over other bolts in the same price range is a) the trigger being adjustable, much like a Savage, and pretty smooth after breaking it in, and b) it's fucking LIGHT. Whole reason I bought it was as a stalking/scout/brush gun, and it works well for that purpose.
>>
>>34873914
Please take my advice when it comes to guns.

Buy Once, Cry Once.

Save up a little more for what you really want, which is a really nice bolt action rifle with a really nice scope. Not just something that is sort of passable until you finally get a little more money and then buy what you wanted in the first place and realize that you wasted hundreds on the first purchase.
>>
File: howagrs.jpg (17KB, 750x141px) Image search: [Google]
howagrs.jpg
17KB, 750x141px
>>34873914
Been seeing a package deal around some gunstores for a Howa 1500 Heavy barrel with a GRS berserk stock and usually a cheap scope like a Nikko Stirling.
Howas are decent guns and have good variety of after market stuff you can do to them and GRS stocks are pretty great tier.
>>
>>34873914
I've got two of the 22 versions.

Cool guns for $200.
>>
>>34874398
I like the sound of the trigger and being light is a bonus a very good one we do a fair bit of walking up tight gullys and through scrub after goats
>>
>>34873914
check out bergara. spanish made rifles that are pretty accurate and they are built on a remington700 footprint so you can change out the stock, trigger, and scope base with readily available parts.
>>
>>34873914
>Ruger American
went shooting with one of my dad's friends. he had one with a scope in .223

fine gun, i was shooting my ak and my vz58 at the time so recoil felt really light.

its a bolt gun, hard to go wrong with those.
>>
File: 1494093861954.png (520KB, 975x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494093861954.png
520KB, 975x542px
>tfw you're a giant pussy and your .308 Ruger American hurts your shoulder
Kill me.
>>
File: 1502770387285.jpg (164KB, 1200x694px) Image search: [Google]
1502770387285.jpg
164KB, 1200x694px
Depends what caliber, and what for. .22? Probably okay but have a good look around, for .308? Sure, if you can find a nice deal.
>>
>>34877467
haven't shot yourself in the shoulder with enough 308 to build tolerance.
>>
>>34874073
cucked cucked cucked
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.