[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of you crashing a helicopter if your co-pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: PHELCI_01.jpg (282KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
PHELCI_01.jpg
282KB, 1200x800px
What are the chances of you crashing a helicopter if your co-pilot is experienced (decade+) and you're a greenhorn. We're talking like a standard surveillance copter like cops use.
>>
>>34872723
Depends, how prone are you to panicking and what are the visibility/wind conditions?
>>
>>34872723
Depend on if you are a fucking retard or not. My guess tho is that they dont let retards touch the stick.
>>
>>34872723
Realistically very low. The fact that those two cops crashed during the protests was an extremely lucky coincidence.
>>
>>34872723
a plane wants to fly. even unpowered, the wings will still give lift and you can glide

a helicopter wants to crash to the ground and you as a pilot spend all your time and effort preventing that.
>>
>>34872776
Go read about autorotation.
>>
>>34872776
with modern fly by wire thats totally untrue
helicopters are naturally stable
>>
Very low. But there's a lot of choppers in the sky, so you'll have a few dropping down every now and then.
>>
>>34872723
In the military, and even just regular civilian flying, I assume the pilot did his due diligence because he doesn't want to die. If the pilot is half dressed and smells like whiskey and shit, then you might have a problem.
>>
>>34873005
>modern fly by wire
that makes an f-16 stable
>>
>>34873005
active electronic stabilization != naturally stable
In fact, they're pretty much the exact opposite.
>>
>>34872723
>>>/n/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.