[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So kommandos with more k/onlage then me on mp40s tell me why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5445.jpg (154KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5445.jpg
154KB, 1024x680px
So kommandos with more k/onlage then me on mp40s tell me why the gsg mp40 repos and mecanicly complety different and why the fuck they wouldn't use original pattern mags. As far as I know the new mags don't share compatibility with any other exsisting gun. So if they are going to make new mags from scratch then why not make them original patten? Are they substantially more expensive? Are the mp40s that expensive to produce that they warrant this kind of fuckery?
>>
>>34869575
There needs to be a redesign to make an open bolt gun into a closed bolt gun, and if a manufacturer is gonna build from scratch anyway, they might as well build it how they want to. As for the mags, it could be a consequence of the redesign, or it could be inexplicable, or maybe they just want you to depend on them for extra mags.
>>
It's mechanically different to keep the ATF from breaking in and shooting all their dogs.

The mags are different because fuck it, it's not like there's piles of originals laying around as far as I know. And besides, as long as they haven't cocked it up royally (and knowing them, they very well may have), modern mags should be better anyway.
>>
Century did this with their 9mm m1 carbine clone for some reason. It was total shit, but that probably had more to do with century than the redesign
>>
>>34869619
I know it needs to be a closed bolt system. But why not just do the closed bolt conversion then manufacture it like that? Kinda like how they rebuild parts kits.
>>
>>34869850
Because it's easier to design a gun on your own convenience than to reverse engineer then redesign a preexisting gun. It's not like there are MP40 blanks out there.
>>
>>34869648
As I understand there are a decent amount of old mp40 and repo mags that would at least warrant making them comatable. And didn't sten mags work in mp40s? There are still quite a few of them laying around.
>>
>>34869898
I don't think they're compatible, they both just work on the same flawed single column feed system. Anyway, you've got to consider that maybe they just want you to have to buy their mags=more money in their pockets.
>>
>>34869575
>MP40 repro
>Not chambered in .40 S&W
Dropped the ball
Captcha tuckahoe arcade
>>
>>34869915
>not chambered in .454 Casull
>>
File: IMG-20170619-WA0006 - Kopie.jpg (280KB, 1271x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170619-WA0006 - Kopie.jpg
280KB, 1271x717px
>>34869575
GSG MP40s & mags are constructed to hold the bolt open after the last round.

While most original magazines do fit the GSG, sometimes they will activate the BHO upon insertion.
However this can be easily fixed by cutting away a little piece of mag (where the follower cutout for BHO sits on the GSG mag).

The same can be done with the much cheaper (5-15€ a piece) Vigneron M1 magazines.
However they require a bit more modification.
In addition to disabling the BHO, you need to alter the holfing notch on the right side of the magazine. It needs to be further down by couple of milimeters. This can be achieved by milling the notch a bit wider and then add a new stop at the upper part (I made a small cut and bent it upwards with a screwdriver, size can be slightly adjusted that way).

I know it must all sound vague as fuck, but sadly I still have all the converted mags at work, so no pics right now.

>>34869898
MP40 mags supposedly work in a Sten, but not the other way around without some fitting.
>>
>>34869935

>Not chambered in 10mm to satisfy the nogunz trolls and Fallout fans on here.
>>
>>34869575
the american tactical logo looks a lot like the appalachian trail logo...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>34869950
Thanks good to know. Do you think the gsg mp40 is a good buy? I've been tempted but haven't seen enought reviews on it yet. And yes I would sbr the fuck out of it.
>>
>>34869968
Fucking this

Mein fuhrer, make this happen!
>>
I had an American Tactical Yugo AK. Their quality is sub-par. Nice ass milled receiver, but canted sights and a surplus bolt that shattered after 400 rounds leaving me with an expensive headspace fix.

Needless to say, as much as I want an MP40 I won't be buying anything else from them.
>>
>>34869575
apparently the old mags wouldn't work in the new gun
>>
>>34870082
It's loads of fun, but be aware that it's a mixed bag.
2 of 3 guns we had in our store worked perfectly, but the third (mine of course) wouldn't eject, because the ejector was canted. The cases would either get dragged all the way back and jam up the mechanism or push the new cartridge into the chamber and then get crushed. Sent it in for warranty work and now it works perfectly.

tl;dr it's a lot of fun, but definitely inspect it before buying

Also where I'm from, there are no SBR laws. It's either a handgun or a long gun. Therefore the stock is standard and it's classified as a rifle.
>>
i have one but yet to take it out and have fun with it.
too busy working and raising brats. =/
>>
I wish they'd make one with a 16" barrel so you could have one with a stock.

Yes it's not period accurate but it would be more convenient than doing paperwork for an SBR and having to fill out ATF forms if you travel out of state.
>>
>>34870792
I think their was something about putting a fixed long fake suppressor on it, to bring it to legal length.
The box mine came in has the shape cutout just like that.
>>
>>34870344
How is accuracy, fit and finish, etc?
>>
File: IMG_20170606_175159.jpg (3MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_175159.jpg
3MB, 3968x2976px
>>34870851
*there

>>34870853
Accuracy is good. At 25m you could hold 5 shot palm sized groups with ease from a standing position.
Fit and finish could be better. The stock on mine got some wobble and I would've preferred some parts to be metal, but it works that way.
>>
>>34870851
>>34870914

Nice. I look forward to seeing it on the US market!
>>
>>34871257
You can currently get the pistol version right now. I don't know if the fake suppressor one is here yet though.
>>
>>34869648
These guns were first released years ago in germany as blank firing only guns. It was recently they decided to recycle the shell and put .22lr then 9mm guts on the inside
>>
>>34870792
did they say when they are releasing the folding stock?
i gotta get mine sbr
>>
File: 49627113.jpg (102KB, 1300x1236px) Image search: [Google]
49627113.jpg
102KB, 1300x1236px
>>34869575
>those screws
>>
File: MP38#2.jpg (63KB, 649x996px) Image search: [Google]
MP38#2.jpg
63KB, 649x996px
>>34869575
>zink potmetal "MP"40
>500$

>tfw no BD38
>>
File: PPS43PIS12D.jpg (35KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
PPS43PIS12D.jpg
35KB, 800x583px
>>34869575
>pot metal bolted pretend MP40

I'll stick with my PPS43c
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.