[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when is this gonna finally start shipping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: 0520161737c-660x371.jpg (50KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
0520161737c-660x371.jpg
50KB, 660x371px
when is this gonna finally start shipping?
>>
>>34868872
Its already shipping
>>
File: Untitled.png (396KB, 1679x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
396KB, 1679x1050px
>>34868877
>shipping soon
>shipping
well which is it HMG shill?
>>
>>34868872
1.2K more is a steep price when the only improvement from its competitor is quality of steel.
>>
>>34868904
Well seeing as they already sold out, maybe send them an email asking them directly instead of /k/?
>>
File: STG44.jpg (245KB, 911x574px) Image search: [Google]
STG44.jpg
245KB, 911x574px
Lmao they look nothing like the original
>>
File: 67.jpg (143KB, 864x907px) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
143KB, 864x907px
>>34868949
sure it is for 1.7K
Plus they are not using tin for their trigger housing so they dont have to reinforce it.
>>
>>34868980
I still can't get over how bad the trigger housing looks on the HMG
I understand using the G3 trigger, but they didn't even try at all to make the lower housing look like a real StG

loses that cool industrial age feel without the crazy dumpling
>>
Inb4 antifa cucks throwing a tantrum over its existence.
>>
>>34869021
obsessive-compulsive wehraboos are now "antifa"?
>>
>>34869021
More likely /k/ autists screeching about how """totally different""" it is.
>>
I love all the butthurt on /k/ about this gun. It's very existence just seems to drive some people up a wall. I can't seem to get enough of the autistic screeching about how this or that is different than the original! I'll probably buy one eventually just to shitpost on here about it.
>>
>Rich wehraboos would just buy a real one
>Poorfag wehraboos would buy one of those .22 ones, which are incidentally better repros than this
>People who want a rough visual approximation of it bought an arsenal AK years ago
>People who want a "futurized" STG would buy an HK93, since that's effectively what it is
>Started adding bullshit feature creep, like offering it in memeout of all things
>Presumably due to this feature creep, release is now 4 months overdue
Still dont really know what they were going for here.
>>
>>34869012
They can do it but you have to pay for the stamping dies.
Oh right nobody wants 3K clone.
>>
>>34869100
>4 months overdue
Try like a fucking year.
>>
>>34869100
>which are incidentally better repros than this
Aside from being single-stack blowback .22's in a diecast shell body.

While the HMG operates on gas, has an actual tilting bolt and will be available in the actual 7.92x33mm cartridge.
>>
>>34868872
2K for something that looks equally as shitty historically and in quality as that airsoft company making that 9mm MP-40.
>>
>>34869184
plastic magazines that are too big front to back
different front end
different trigger housing
different selector and placement
mag catch on wrong side
many other small details fudged

GSG sucks and I wouldn't say it's better than the HMG, but the HMG is no good either

too bad PTR fucked up the PTR44 so bad and nobody else has partnered with SSD to import their BD-44s
>>
Stop calling it a repro. It was never supposed to be one.
>>
>>34869100
You'd have to be pretty damn rich to buy a real one, and one of those .22lr models isn't going to be satisfying enough for anybody when they actually shoot it. The HMG hits a sweet spot in the middle where most people can afford it, while still basically being an STG.
>>
>>34869282
They tend to go from $20-25K, which is pretty affordable for transferables if you are disciplined with money.
>>
>>34869330
>$20-25K
>pretty affordable

Pick one
>>
>>34869351
>for transferables
you have no reading comprehension
>>
>>34869378
That's great, your example only caters to people well off enough for transferrables. I could say 400k for a beach house in Cali is a great deal, but that doesn't make it fucking affordable.
>>
>>34869233
What is it then supposed to be?
>>
>>34869159
Is much rather pay more for a faithful reproduction, than less for a "reproduction."
>>
>>34869415
A lookalike for people who weren't gonna be totally autistic about the details.
>>
>>34869459
HMG hedged their bets on assuming most gun buyers wouldn't be autists who reeeeee over everything that they notice that isn't what they expected.
>>
>>34869159
Didn't they already have to pay for stamping dies? Why not make them better when they first ordered them?
>>
>>34869476
That's not how manufacturing works. There isn't a "lol, we ordered dies that don't look the way they could have."

Pretty much every faggot that's whined about the inauthenticity of the gun make it repeatedly clear that they don't get how reverse engineering or manufacturing works..and it's understandable when those people complaining probably work at gas stations.
>>
>>34869415
A "modernized take" on the StG platform. Their words.
I.E., something more like an StG-44 mod.1950 than a straight copy. Half of the point was the interchangeable barrels and calibers.
>>
>>34869489
You sound awfully like a shill or someone who bought this abortion of a STG. Do you try to justify it to yourself that you shelled out 1700 bucks for this "reproduction"?
>>
>>34869412
400k for beach house in Cali is a fucking steal of a deal. Most of those go for well over 1 million.
>>
Looks nothing like a real one, just a shitty reproduction, i'd rather pay 3000$ for a good one than this.
>>
>>34869536
No, and I'm not buying one. But I have worked a lot in manufacturing, and I can tell you guys that what you expect from those guns isn't doable whatsoever without the cost going up very significantly.

>>34869539
Yes it is, but that doesn't mean it's affordable. It's cheap in a very relative sense, but you were arguing that that relativity in cost wasn't a factor, and that 25k is cheap. Cheap for what it is, but still not cheap.
>>
>>34869539
Ok lemme just pull a spare $400k out of my ass. It'll go nicely with the $25k I also don't have
>>
Should ship right after the MDR
>>
>>34869378
Affordable for a transferable is like paying $9000 for an Uzi or a Sterling, that's affordable, that's a good deal, they usually go for a good few more thousand dollars.

$20000 is usually M16 or AK territory, I've seldom seen Stg44s listed for that much, usually a fair bit lower, because while they are history, they are also junk that aren't easy to enjoy.
>>
>>34869939
whats funny is, there was some word about the "first customer to get his mdr" about a month ago. i look on desert techs site and they have a 17 mintue long video about how they brought him out to their factory to tour and shoot guns. you know whats missing? thats right, he doesnt get his rifle.
>>
Modernize it by making the guts better (straight rip off the AK bolt and carrier instead of the stupid tilt lock) and keep the outside the same... There is no market for this abortion...
>>
>it still hasn't shipped
I'm convinced this product is a jewish plot to defraud hitler enthusiasts.
>>
>>34869542
Good luck finding one for 3k
>>
>>34869990
That would still require plenty of reverse engineering and redesigning to make an AK action fit in a shell that looks like an STG...similarly difficult to what they already did.

Your idea is literally just as time consuming and difficult.
>>
>>34869415
Spiritual Successor
>>
>>34869536
Why are you calling it a reproduction
>>
>>34868904
1800 is ridiculous
1200 would be the highest I'd ever pay
>>
people who say this gun looks fine are the same people who say galils are good AKs
>>
>>34870131
Technically speaking based on the way stamping technology works: if this gun were successful and sold enough examples to pay for the startup costs for the dies and machinery, the gun could actually be produced pretty cheaply and the gun could be sold for less. But stamping is always really expensive at first, and only becomes cheap after mass production commences.
>>
>>34870145
What exactly is wrong with the Galil?
>>
>>34869415
a clone
you're just super autistic
>>
>>34870154
(You)
>>
>>34870150
>implying a greedy company making bank on this shitty gun would have the moral upstanding to lower the price after they acquire the means to make it even cheaper
I would be willing to bet they make these at under 500 a unit. and when I say it's shit, I'm not sperging out that it's not a 100% perfect historically accurate copy like the rest of /k/. it's just mechanically shit
>>
File: 1501697873085.gif (1MB, 480x344px) Image search: [Google]
1501697873085.gif
1MB, 480x344px
>>34869330
the problem with that is most Americans can't afford transferables

plus making it in both its original cartridge and three other widely used, easily affordable, practical cartridges means more variety and use that a .22 plinker
>>
>>34870196
I didn't say they would, I was just saying they could. And no, they aren't that cheap at first because the machinery and dies still have to pay for themselves through production, because stamping machines are fucking expensive as are having dies made.
>>
>>34870296
>a gun manufacturer has to face expected initial expenditures in order to do the thing they're supposed to do
oh wow what a fucking surprise who could've seen that coming?
it's not like every other fucking manufacturer in the world has to do the same damn thing.
>>
>>34870196
Lrn2economics, your post is really retarded
>>
>>34870154
nothing
it's just not really an AK>>34870173
>>
>>34870406
You're acting like you didn't know that. Because your previous statement implied that startup costs weren't a factor in pricing somehow.
>>
>>34869012
Watch their videos you dingus. They explicitly say they could not replicate the original housing because that would require it to have cuts for an auto-seer which would make it illegal. Even with no parts or holes cut, the indentations in the housing are enough to make it illegal to sell.
>>
>>34872495
>Watch their videos
This. I swear the loudest voices against the thing are the people that know nothing about the process.

The biggest crime HMG committed was being way too optimistic with their completion and delivery dates. Even they underestimated how hard it is to reverse engineer and subsequently redesign something, and invent new tolerance parameters for each part.
>>
>>34870529
>go to hardware store for screwdriver
>walk into isle
>screwdriver A is $5
>screwdriver B is $5
>shitty screwdriver C is $80
>ask employee how such a shitty screwdriver costs so much
>"oh you know it's a new company so they have to charge that much because they just bought machinery to make the screwdrivers"
that's not how the real world works
you are defending a shitty greedy business for reasons based in falsehood
and as much as I hate the word, you are the textbook example of a SHILL
>>
>>34872707
Obviously you think making a screwdriver is comparable to making a gun, in addition to there being an over 1,000% cost increase.
>>
>>34869100
>Still dont really know what they were going for here
Then you must be retarded, since it's close enough for most people and if they only offered it in 792 kurz or say 762x39 then people would say "oh I woulda bought one if it was in 300nig etc etc."

But hey, you apparently know what people want, so when is your design coming out?
>>
Man you autistic faggots need to OD on some pills

>the trigger well looks slightly different and the fencing on the has slightly different contours!
>>
Anybody wondering why companies don't make new reproduction SMiLEs or K98s or every other beloved old wood and steel gun, look at this thread. Its either autists that spurg out because everything isn't exactly the same, or its poor foxes whining the grapes are too expensive.
>>
>>34872858
I used to dream of doing this, but the market would be tiny: only a select few collectors would want a totally unoriginal weapon that's somewhat commonly available anyway.

But yeah, I think it'd be cool as hell to buy a brand new K98k in .270, or a new Enfield in .30-30 or some shit.
>>
>>34872707
>that's not how the real world works
If you're going to talk about the "real world" you need to use a real world example.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.