[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Careers in intel agencies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: 1502528640506.jpg (98KB, 1024x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1502528640506.jpg
98KB, 1024x1006px
What does /k/ think about this? Is there operator potential in agencies like CIA, FBI, FSB, Mossad etcetc, or is it simply pen pushing for 80% of the agencies employees?

Asking for a friend.
>>
They seem to be recruiting for a lot of hi-tech/IT people now, from what I see at career fairs anyways.
>>
>>34867243
I work for an agency like the ones you listed, the opportunities to deploy are there, but you have to be able to grab them. I've had one that got canceled due to money, and the second got pushed back so I'm re-applying. This, of course, is not going to be the same for every agency as they are all different.
>>
File: 1359057789521.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1359057789521.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
You really wanna operate all over the world? Start applying to PMCs and other defense contractors. I work on jet turbines as a contractor with the Marines and have been sent to the middle east 2 times in the last 3 years. I just maintain jets, but the same company that employs me also employs security personnel and they deploy just as much all over the world.

pic sort of related. I worked on GE 404s last time i was in qatar.
>>
File: cia.png (580KB, 1182x666px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
580KB, 1182x666px
>>34867243
Not worth it.
>>
File: 1496442302581.jpg (18KB, 307x309px) Image search: [Google]
1496442302581.jpg
18KB, 307x309px
>>34867444
This had me in tears.
>>
In the Khruschev er of the Soviet Union, they would task KGB agents to walk through cities and write down the posted weight limits of every bridge they came across.

They made encyclopedic maps of cities around the world documenting every single subway stop, rail crossing, bridge, every street grade, anything they could find.

The agents had no other way to ever hope to afford a vacation, so thats what they had to settle for. They also had to document their work with obscure chalk markings in specific phone booths, streets, etc so someone else could verify that they did walk down whatever street they were tasked for.

A lot of intelligence gathering is not glamorous.
>>
File: IMG_0673.jpg (47KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.jpg
47KB, 960x540px
>>34867444
>those trips
>that pic
Mfw
>>
File: 1490002397157.jpg (17KB, 476x407px) Image search: [Google]
1490002397157.jpg
17KB, 476x407px
>>34867444
>HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO EXPLAIN SPURDO TO A BALDING PUDGY MID 50S MAN FROM SAN DIEGO
I wonder about this a lot actually, I find it hilarious how people get assigned to these positions to lurk or post on websites only to get blasted by the sheer retardation of the average anons shitposting
Can you imagine an otherwise average well rounded and well adjusted older normal individual lurking, only to find a bunch of anons trying to shove the largest firearms they can find up their asses
>>
>>34867243
Yes, but you typically need SF experience if you want to be taken seriously as a candidate.
>>
File: 1500689547086.jpg (26KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500689547086.jpg
26KB, 457x480px
>>34867444
>being the poor bastard who has to explain /k/'s antics to his superiors
>>
>>34867310
Not that guy, but I'll elaborate a bit.

>FBI
It's easy to get temporary assignments all over the US. However, you typically need a few years of work experience before they will consider letting you go overseas at the Legal Attache office.

>CIA
Analysts pretty much stay in HQ. Some portions of collection will spend most of their early years overseas.

>DIA
While a lot of stuff takes place at HQ, they also have a lot of opportunities for non-collection people to temporarily work at overseas military facilities
>>
There are operators in the CIA, their SAD/SOG divisions specifically. They recruit out of Delta, Green Berets, DEVGRU, Force Recon etc

Those are the guys who officially don't exist. Who if they're caught the government denies all knowledge. You wanna go train right wing death squads to murder civvies in South America? That's them. Wanna go into the jungles of Cambodia to commit atrocities with your army of trained indigenous in a war that doesn't legally exist? That's them. Wanna illegally extradite some towel head to a black site in Turkey? That's them.

Basically out of all the clandestine fucked up shit special forces do SAD/SOG are the clandestinest fucked uppery experts
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.