[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colored lights for home defense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: gotowardsthelight.jpg (34KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
gotowardsthelight.jpg
34KB, 500x347px
Do clorlored lights work well for home defense? Mounted on a gun of course.
Specifically green for my purposes.
>>
>>34867121
I would like to mount a light for home defense, but I also want a light for night hunting. As far as I'm aware green lights are best for night hunting. If I could buy one light for both that would be great, but I don't want to sacrifice effectiveness.
Also, what range of lumens should I be looking for?
>>
>>34867262
Green is good for hog hunting.
For coyote red is better.

I like red the most. It preserves your nightvision. Also it seems that othet people are least likely to notice it from far away, which is another plus. Plus it is just comfy to my eyes. Green, white and blue stings.
>>
>>34867428
Do you know what the best VB color is for rabbit hunting?
>>
>>34867808
I don't know where that "VB" came from.
>>
>>34867121
In my non professional opinion, no. At least for me, it takes me longer to adjust my vision to red light than white. It might be a wash because the intruder might be more confused by it. It's also possible that the extra .5-1 second it takes my vision to adjust to red light puts me at a disadvantage when trying to establish a threat.
>>
>>34867121
Remember, you can move like a ballerina through your house compared to a home intruder. They're on new turf and already on an adrenaline rush. A light makes you an easily identifiable target, no matter how blinding it is.
>>
>>34867854
golden advice.
>>
>>34867854
until the court asks if you could identify your target before shooting. oops no light im a ballerina
>>
>>34867867
>Calling the police after killing a home invader
>>
>>34867879
Or just say the lights were on. Whoaaaa.
>>
>>34867867
Where do you live that people enter your home unannounced when all the lights are already off? If you have roommates, maybe rushing out of your bedroom with a weapon mounted 1k lumen light in their face is a bad idea.
>>
>>34867892
>>34867879
he means after you hypothetically kill your mom
>>
>>34867954
My mom travelled from California to Oklahoma to break into my home on the middle of the night after being declared a threat to herself and others by the state and being institutionalize for two weeks and you think ILL face legal reprocussions for shooting her? Nigga, you crazy.
>>
Where I live you have to verbaly warn intruders before you shoot them. I might aswell blind them at the same time. Besides, it's better to have a light mounted and not need it than it is to need a light and not have one. I'm just trying to figure out what light to buy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.