[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you shoot? When you shoot, how many rounds do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: ammo.jpg (41KB, 265x347px) Image search: [Google]
ammo.jpg
41KB, 265x347px
How often do you shoot? When you shoot, how many rounds do you fire? How much money do you spend on ammo?
>>
I dont shoot near enough. I'll typically shoot every few months, but when I do I'll take a couple of trips in a short span. I have a nice indoor range 15 minutes from the house and an okay outdoor range 30 minutes, so I prefer to take my AR and Shotgun to the outdoor and handguns to the indoor.

I'll typically shoot 2-3 mags for my AR and 1-2 boxes for my other guns.

My LCP gets the most range time since I actually carry it. Hoping to go more often, I just hate spending the money on rangetrips

Hoping to get a big boy gun like a Steyr M9-A1, CZ75, or a wheelgat so I can actually enjoy shooting handguns again. That LCP is not a recreational gun
>>
Bi weekly, 50-100 rounds, About $12 a brick of 50 .38spl. Getting into reloading since I got a hand loading tool for .38/.357, so that should lessen my ammo costs in the long run.
>>
I shoot every few months if i could work up the courage, i get anxiety shooting around others.

If i had access to land I'd use that
>>
Summer time, like once or twice.
Winter, about twice a month.

depends what i'm shooting to honest.
>>
>>34866190
Every couple of months. If I take the shotgun I usually only shoot 10-20 rounds, but I normally shoot other stuff with it.

My AR or AK I'll run like 50 through. Pistols 50-100 everytime.

Recently took the AR out to a short carbine course and did 100 rounds.
>>
>>34866190
Once a week, 50 or 100 rounds of pistol and 40rounds from my VZ58
>>
I try to do it every 2 weeks, sometimes every week if there's not much going on.

Every range trip will be about 300-500 rounds, if I do rifles.
If I am shooting pistols, it will be ~500 rounds
>>
>>34866190
once or twice a year
>>
>>34867779
I think I know you...
>>
>>34867898
are you in Europe?
>>
>>34867905
No. Then I know someone who does the exact same amount of shooting as you.
>>
Every week. 50 rounds off 9mm, 50 rounds of 45 acp, 50 rounds of 357, and 60 rounds of 223. I pay next to nothing for ammo because I reload and buy the actual bullets themselves in bulk.
>>
Quarterly if I'm honest. Wish it was more. Have found a decent reload for my revolver now, so I'm confident I'll be putting more rounds through it each trip.

I had been doing airpistol and dry fire (combine them to keep me honest) 5 days a week but re-org in the house means I've lost my range. Have to figure out a new one.
>>
Used to be once a week but due to my work schedule I've had to cut back to every other.
Usually go early evening when the temperature starts to go down.
Typically shoot anywhere between 2-300 rounds of whatever caliber I decide to bring that day. Always shoot at least 50 out of my carry gun.
I usually buy ammo online so whatever is cheap and in bulk.
>>
I try to at least once a week. Typically a couple mags in semi autos, 20-40 rounds in milsurp semi autos, 20-40 rounds in bolt guns. A few magazines through handguns.

On good weeks I shoot a couple times a week. Sometimes trying for good groups, sometimes just ringing steel for fun. Except I think it bugs the neighbors, though they haven't said anything to me.
>>
>>34866190
Once a week or more.
For practice, 25-50 rounds through my edc, other than that really whatever is new to shoot or someone offers (really friendly range).
Very little, to nothing, I do weekend work for the range.
>>
recently I've been going like every week on one of my two days off

I actually have today off and would like to go but I already made plans for 3, the range is a 40 minute drive both ways and that wouldn't leave me much time for actual shooting if I left at 11.

My next day off is saturday, and I definitely don't want to go then because the range is a shitshow on saturdays when everyone and their mother is there

Most of the time I shoot 300 .22lr, 100-200 9mm/.38sp and 25-50 12ga shells. It takes me about 4-5 hours every time I go
>>
File: 20170815_074546.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170815_074546.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
i shoot my sam7 every Sunday and i shoot about 150-200 rounds per session, i go through a case about every month witch is about $230 a month on just 7.62x39. i usually shoot about 50 rounds through my glock 19 in the same session but thats only like $50 a month in 9mm ammo.
>>
About twice a month where I will go shooting for an entire morning. This go throughout most of the year except for monsoon season because someone had the bright idea to put my local range on the other side of a rain wash. Same goes for much of the public land one can shoot at.
>>
I'd really like to buy a house outside of city limits and 500ft from any other domicile so that I can walk out in my back yard and just shoot whenever I want instead of having to pack my shit in the car and drive for half an hour to shoot at a crowded range where I get swept all day long
>>
>>34869278
We can't even shoot outside of authorised ranges in my country so consider yourself lucky.

At least i have a range pretty close to me (less than 10min drive) but it only goes up to 30meters i have to drive longer to find a range offering longer distances.
>>
>>34869322
the only thing keeping me from doing it is that I'd have to leave my current house and I get a killer deal on rent+utilities

So I'd be trading my rent payment for a house payment and since I'm starting my masters degree later this month I doubt I'll be able to make a decent amount of money that will allow me to move out. I figure I'll be locked here for at least another year and a half
>>
>>34866190
I usually go once or twice a month. I haven't been for a few weeks tho bc my local range is indoors and their a/c has been broken. I'm in the Carolinas so it's about 90 degrees in there plus humidity. Ducking stupid.
>>
>>34869355
You can always buy the land now and build later.
>>
>>34869379
I don't know if I could afford something like that, even if I bought the land I doubt I'd have the money to build a house any time in the near future. I make like $10/hr in an economically depressed state where land is cheaper than dirt but I'm not very responsible with my paychecks and keep buying guns. My second degree is going to cost all of my savings ~12k and I don't know if I'll be able to maintain a steady job while I'm getting it
>>
>>34866190

I shoot about once a month and usually send about 300 rounds through the AR and 400 rounds through the 10/22
>>
>>34866190

about 100rds every 2 weeks until I broke my leg :(
>>
>>34866190
Between 200-400 rounds .22 a week at indoor ranges (20-50 yards)
anything up to 100 rounds .223 every other Saturday at 100 yards outdoors
and normally 10-30 rounds .338 LM every month to two months outdoor range, various ranges (600-1000 yards)
A lot of money on the ammo, but I enjoy shooting so it's worth it to me.
Looking forwards to either a .45 ACP carbine or a .308 RPR as my next buy, though it will most likely be the .45 so I have something in a different calibre to shoot indoors at the end of summer.
>>
Pistol 4 times a year.
Rifle once or twice a year.

2-300 rds a trip.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.