[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /k/ feel about balisongs/ butterfly knives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0368_medium.jpg (9KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0368_medium.jpg
9KB, 240x180px
How does /k/ feel about balisongs/ butterfly knives?
>>
>>34862344
They're a knife that you can swing around for fun. The only reason they're banned in a lot of places is because the same people who support banning these also wanted the AWB.
>>
>>34862344
good, fun to learn and use. be wary of cheap ones
>>
>>34862344
Cool but since they're banned more often than not, they have become such a niche culture.
Either you get shit, or overpay for a nice one. No inbetween.
>>
>>34862344
of course you're aware of the balisong, or butterfly knife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik
>>
A reason theyre banned in a lot of places is because after they got popular there was a massive surge of ER visits with hand abrasions litterally ecerywhere. Plus it scares soccer moms
>>
>>34862344
Mall ninja
>>
>>34862344
Eh, doesn't do anything my regular folder can't and I can pull that out just as fast without having gone through nearly as many bandaids practicing. If you learn how to use one properly they are good enough but I just don't see any real advantage beyond the cool factor.
>>
>>34862428
Yeah i basically have a fuckton of fillets in my hand now thanks to them, still amazingly fun and just has a sense of style that you cant get with a folder
>>
Fun toys.
>>
>>34862344
Fun, if impractical.
>>
File: 1481909469971.png (197KB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481909469971.png
197KB, 711x400px
>>34862417

Underrated video
>>
>>34862344
They are all flair. But that flair is pretty cool.
>>
>>34862344
To sum up everything that has been said or will be said in this thread: They are pretty fun but not that practical and because they are vaguely scary there is both attempts to ban them and edgy assholes associated with them.
>>
>>34862344
a shitty meme for furries who played too much TF2 and never let it go

>>34862417
classic
show me your hardcore feelings
>>
>>34862417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47k94dIkz6A
>>
>>34862428
>>34863386
i feel like a lot of these edgy weapons are banned less because they think someone will stab someone else in a nightclub, and more to avoid 13 year olds going to the ER because they mishandled their shurikens, and saving some phone line time by axing edgelord larpers scaring soccer moms into making false 911 calls
>>
>>34862417
>that ending
i hope the actual video is like that. an inspirational speech and then WHAM actually he died because knives are dangerous shit
>>
File: bonsa1880.jpg (65KB, 427x557px) Image search: [Google]
bonsa1880.jpg
65KB, 427x557px
>>34862344
Balisongs are utility knives. It allows for one-handed opening and easy cleaning. They were used for self defense because it's what they had on them.

During the exotic orientalism fad of the 70s/80s, they were hyped up as death machines and it continued through movies and video games into the modern day. Mall ninjas hype them up as great and people shit on them hard in retaliation.

This leads people to believe they were designed as weapons, badly designed ones at that. Because people think they're weapons, they also think they're shitty utility knives as well, meaning they think they're bad at everything.
>>
A good quality one is fun to flip around a little.

I can do a over the thumb flip that always gets a reaction.

But any kinda serious money or time investment is kinda silly.
>>
>>34863751
I would never, ever trust a balisong as a utility knife. The blade is too long for fine cutting, the blade isn't shaped for cutting fabric OR stiff materials, being double-hinged means being double-flimsy...

I guess it would be good as an ~EDC~ knife since you can close it shut and it's pretty compact, but I wouldn't trust it for any actual work.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.