[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan Strategy & Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: 56468759590476.jpg (122KB, 634x416px) Image search: [Google]
56468759590476.jpg
122KB, 634x416px
What is /k/'s take on Japan's Defense & Strategy?
Is the JSDF as bad as people make it to be?
Can they protect themselves against a conventional war with the PRC?
Will they get nuked or do they have chances of intercepting a North Korean missile?
And most importantly, do you think there are threats to the existence of anime?
>>
>>34862318
>Is the JSDF as bad as people make it to be?
Where do people say that? On weibo?
From what I've heard, both here on /k/ and in professional defence publications like Jane's is that the JSDF is well trained and decently funded, but has zero actual combat experience, and can't match the sheer numbers of the PRC.
>>
>>34862318
They can punch far above their weight class, but they're a glass cannon simply because they don't have the numbers (never really did short of a full-on WWII war economy/state).
They have very little practical experience in war (which is more or less why they bothered participating in the ME wars with the US).

They would not really be able to stand up to the PRC in isolation, but if the PRC tried it, it would galvanize the region to put aside differences and stand up to the PRC (or at least make it increasingly unprofitable to bother pressing against Japan), even if nobody has "good" relations with Japan. As well, PRC hate for Japan is mostly saber-rattling distractions for a shitty job done by the Party for one reason or another; Japan is one of their best customers. Taking out them would be killing their own local economy for some temporary rape and ideological victory with an assload of problems afterwards from taking care of a conquered people.

They have fair chances of intercepting nukes; that's a lot of what they allegedly buy in terms of military hardware (which pisses of China because they're just so afraid the mean ol' Japs is gonna want Manchuria again with their meanie JSDF missiles).

There are threats to the existence of anime from the West and the 2020 Olympics bringing Japan into the international eye, not the Chinese. Internationalist puritan virtues are a cancer since it's so radicalized that even drawings draw ire moreso than video games as somehow inciting crime. Trump is a wild card in anime's existence as we know it, as he threw off the TPP talks.
>>
Japan has a secret stash of nuclear weapons.
>>
>>34862615
Source for this claim? To them best of my knowledge the Japanese could deploy nuclear weapons in a matter of weeks to months if they so choose, but currently do not have them.

Also, Japan would never go to war alone if attacked b y Best Korea or China. The U.S. is bound by treaty to defend Japan.
>>
File: USS JMSDF fleet Philippine Sea.jpg (1MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
USS JMSDF fleet Philippine Sea.jpg
1MB, 4288x2848px
>>
dasçz
>>
File: US and Japanese ships.jpg (1MB, 2700x1695px) Image search: [Google]
US and Japanese ships.jpg
1MB, 2700x1695px
>>
>>
>>34862318
Japanese people have the power of God and anime on their side, they don´t need those pesky nuclear weapons.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.