[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does somebody make repros of needle guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: FLA-3153-Product.jpg (242KB, 700x442px) Image search: [Google]
FLA-3153-Product.jpg
242KB, 700x442px
Does somebody make repros of needle guns?
>>
File: would you like to hear more.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
would you like to hear more.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>34861217
>>
>>34861217
Are you me? I started thinking about this yesterday...
>>
>>34861217
On that note, does anyone make reproduction Chassepots? Late 19th century breech-loaders are fascinating to me
>>
I'd wish the pasta people would.

They could become a thing should a convincing argument be made for needle guns be treated like muzzleloaders for hunting season purposes.
>>
>>34862493
>>34864879
Glad to see im not the only one with these tastes.
>>
>>34861217
Breech loaders from roughly 1860-1886 are the best, stupid french and their poudre B, imagine the cool shit and sheer awsomeness of a WW1 with blackpowder
>>
>>34861217
I need a zündnadelgewehr.
>>
Given a lot of the issues with needle guns came from the bad features of black powder, how much better would one function using smokeless?
>>
>>34865181
you sound like a fag
there wouldnt even be a war
>>
>>34866829
Pretty sure the needles would still wear out fast, if not worse with smokeless.
>>
>>34861217
Bump
>>
Needle rifles could be made, but there are a limited number of options that can be done with them. Like the Chassepot to Gras transition, they can be made as singleshot bolt action cartridge rifles shooting .45-70, and thus be forced into the singleshot market. Make the bolt swappable with a bolt with a Chassepot style oburating seal and needle firing pin, the gun could be marketed towards the survivalist crowd as a rifle that needs no brass that could run out, using firing needles recycled from bicycle spokes and oburators made from chunks of tire tread. Not sure how things would work out, but the chamber could be made to work with both metallic and paper cartidges. The locking lugs have to be rear locking in order to make the swappable bolthead styles work, and in the case of the needle bolthead make room for the oburator.

We end up with the following rifle package:
>rifle
>two bolts, one for 45-70, the other for needle fired paper cartridge.
>paper cartridge rolling kit with the requisite patterns in order to cut out the necessary paper shapes and mandrels to form the cartidges
>package of papers needed to construct cartridges
>detailed step by step instructions on cartridge construction, oburator construction, and needle construction

The needle bolt and paper cartridge paraphernalia could be packaged and bought separately.
>>
>>34869601
I'm imagining the cartridge would simply headspace on the chamber cone. And it wouldn't even require a new bolt: just a different bolt head and a shorter and fatter firing pin.
>>
>>34866841
you sound like a jewish homosexual nigger
>>
>>34869642
I thought of writing that, but I had in mind the Mas 36 as the basis for the bolt in order to keep things simple with few parts to handle.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.