[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which is overall better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

which is overall better?
>>
For what? Writing books?
>>
Delta is more secretive and has less (publicly known) fuckups, so them I guess.
>>
Delta is just above average grunts. Seals do the real spy shit.
>>
>>34860219
One takes civies other doesn't.
>>
>>34860380

this

Delta are legit spooks and get into shit the SEALs would make a big mess out of, they aren't just glorified recon infantry but actual special forces.
>>
Stock answer, and one that I do believe-- is that neither is better but each have their own strengths. And they are both world class at their jobs.

Delta seems to be more into the spy stuff-- Delta was running around Iraq and Afghanistan plain clothes picking locks and getting information. Delta was faster at developing advanced force operations than seal team 6 when the government was going after Pablo. But Seal Team 6 eventually caught up.

Delta seems to be known for having a good institutional sense of timing and when to go in.

But Seal Team 6 I've read has some of the best EOD's attached to them.

Seal Team 6 is supposed some of the best at fast rope insertions and coming down right on a target.

That's what I've heard at least.
>>
>The 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D), commonly referred to as Delta Force, Combat Applications Group (CAG), "The Unit", Army Compartmented Element (ACE), or within JSOC as Task Force Green,[2] is an elite special mission unit of the United States Army, under operational control of the Joint Special Operations Command. The unit is tasked with specialized missions primarily involving hostage rescue and counterterrorism, as well as direct action and special reconnaissance against high-value targets. Delta Force and its maritime counterpart, the U.S. Navy's SEAL Team Six (also known as DEVGRU), are the U.S. military's primary counterterrorism units. Delta Force and DEVGRU perform the most highly complex, classified, and dangerous missions in the U.S. military, as directed by the U.S. National Command Authority.
>Delta Force and its maritime counterpart, the U.S. Navy's SEAL Team Six

They're the same thing, apparently.
>>
Just a quick reminder that the average Marine would knock the teeth out of a Delta operator if it came down to a fistfight.
>>
>>34860405
how would you know?
>>
>>34860219
How does one become special forces anyways? Do you have to prove yourself as a normal soldier beforehand?
>>
>>34860556
Just tell the recruiter that you reached tenth prestige in MW2 and he'll put you in the pipeline straight off.
>>
>>34860556
>Do you have to prove yourself as a normal soldier beforehand?
eh, yeah. 18x contracts are still in effect as far as i know. basically you go through infantry training to become an airborne grunt before you go to prep phase. if you don't wash out of that, you go through selection. if you get selected, you go through the sf training phases. any soldier in the army who has the specified time left on their contract and is at least an e-4 can be recruited.
reading material:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Special_Forces_selection_and_training
>>
>>34860219
One is staffed by accountants, the other movie stars.
>>
>>34860615
18x contracts were a mistake, or a cynical ploy to recruit Airborne qualified infantry after they wash out of selection.
>>
File: fruity rudy.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fruity rudy.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>34860219
'muhreens
>>
>>34860572
Do I lie at MEPS if I got 10th prestige from a modded lobby
>>
>>34860474
I wish those codenames were reclaimed by other newly formed Army SOF units so we could actually have separate CAG, ACE, Delta and Orange operators. Even if it would be redundant as all hell.

My autism for special snowflake black ops units needs it.
>>
>>34860657
i will never forgive the fucker who had a modded lobby i couldn't get out of. literally got 10th prestige because i didn't have my console enabled. fuck not having dedicated servers.
>>
>>34860556
Tell the jewmaster you wanna kill muslim children.
>>
>>34860638
most of the x-rays i knew forwent their contracts because they were holdovers for airborne or got injured during prep. i think they mainly allowed 18x contracts because they were losing too many sf personnel as casualties and dudes ets'ing. supply wasn't keeping up with demand.
>>
>>34860522
Citation needed.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.