[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, here's a fun thought exercise. Let's say you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Okay, here's a fun thought exercise. Let's say you have to fight the Army of the Dead. You have Dany's 3 dragons, and some scattered Valeryan Steel and Dragonglass weapons, same as currently on the show. How do you fight the AoD and win?
My thoughts: I'd imagine air superiority is key. If the dragons can't be shot down, and your enemy can be killed by fire, you've already won.
Fire. Lots of fucking fire. You have Dragons, and you might be able to get Wildfyre. Use a similar tactic to the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Have the dragons carry barrels of Wildfyre, and slowly drizzle it on the AoD from above. Then one flaming arrow and problem solved.
Again, use the dragons, and have them carpet bomb the AoD with shards of dragonglass. They could be arrowheads, daggers, pointy chunks, whatever. The dragons could drop barrels/carts/bundles of the stuff over the AoD, and any of them that even had skin broken by the falling Dragonglass would be killed.
There are a couple question marks about using the dragons like this.
a) Can the Night King warg them and control them like he did with Bran's ravens?
b.) Can they be trained to carry stuff and drop it on command?
c.) Does the AoD have archers? Or anything that can hurt a dragon at long-enough ranges that their fire wouldn't be a problem?
>>
>>34859978
>>>/tg/
All you're going to get here is gun autism
You need to go there for fantasy autism
>>
>>34859978
Just judging by the level of tech black powder can't be that far off. They have already shown that there is the casting technology (bells) for cannon. At this point cannon, even medieval style bombards, firing dragon glass balls and canister would radically increase the effectiveness of the armies.

Going by the show a pause in the war would allow the Lannisters to attempt to make pike and arabesques formations for killing Danny's calvary and you can shape dragon glass musket balls for your guys and have the pikes to keep the Army of the Dead at a safe distance.

>>34859993
Implying weapons started at guns.
>>
>>34859978
Have them drop obsidian flechettes. Also create a sort of mine field with obsidian too.

Wildfire moat maybe?

Honestly whomever owns an obsidian mine in Westeros is going to be ludicrously wealthy.
>>
>>34859978
You should take your nigger 'thought excercise' elsewhere, you stupid nigger
>>
>>34860224
>calvary
Do you mean the guys that ride horses?, that's "cavalry". Back to middle school.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.