[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I buy a finnish m39 from classic firearms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: angled_m39_3.png (147KB, 579x296px) Image search: [Google]
angled_m39_3.png
147KB, 579x296px
should I buy a finnish m39 from classic firearms?
>>
Yes. It's a very good rifle and $400-500 isn't that much more than shitty 91/30s are going for nowadays.
>>
>buying a mosin in 2017

Only if you really want one for collection purposes.
>>
>>34857141
the hell you talkin about? Its going for 250 (minus shipping and ffl fees)
>>
>>34857141
Sweaty Ben is selling M39s with cracked stocks or minor rust last I checked, so they're relatively cheap.
>>34857149
>Implying the M39 could be compared to the shit the soviets made
>>
>>34857172
>the hell you talkin about? Its going for 250 (minus shipping and ffl fees)

The ones being sold now are literally the worst condition ones they have left from the massive hoard of M39's they had. expect bores like a garden hose.
>>
>>34857374
So I should save my money and buy a yugo sks?
>>
>>34857374
>tfw I got an 95%+ VKT on an 1896 Izhevsk reciever for $300 and an unissued B-Barrel for $280 back in the day
I miss Pat Burns
>>34857423
They're not a good value anymore either.
>>
>>34857437
I'm don't want it for the value, just the bayonet and the grenade launcher.
>>
>>34857250
Dude it's still a hundred year old gun.
>>
Are there still any sellers aside from classic that have nice condition m39's for sale? I don't care that much about price. I just want it for my collection.
>>
>>34857858
And?
>>
>>34857116
M39s are honestly worth $500. A different league than the Rusk counterparts, they feel built more like a Mauser or Springfield, solid as a rock
>>
>>34858041
Empire Arms routinely gets good examples in.
>>
>>34857858
So? We still used modified versions as sniper rifles and they work quite well.
t. a Finn
>>
>should I buy x from classic firearms

The answer is always no.
>>
>>34858385
>modified
Heavily modified, new barrels, new stocks and probably blueprinted action. It's not like they just took an m39 and slapped a scope on.
>>
>>34857374
>expect bores like a garden hose.
This is why I never bought one after last fall, because I figured they were getting to the bottom of the barrel, and they wouldn't talk about average bore condition
>implying I'll get jewed by sweaty Ben again
>implying I'll roll the dice on something as critical as bore condition
>""should make GREAT shooters"" as said in their last video
Sure they will Ben, I don't believe you at all. Just because a Finnish Mosin is good, doesn't mean a shitty Finnish Mosin is STILL good even when it's in shit condition
>>
>>34857116
Do not give money to the sweaty jew
>>
File: IMG_5045.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5045.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Just buy it from Cabelas instead
>>
>>34857250
>Implying the M39 could be compared to the shit the soviets made
All it is is a heavier Mosin with slightly better sights and a slightly better trigger. Any bargain bin modern rifle will shoot circles around it and be half the weight to boot.
>>
>>34859714
>>34858478
what exactly is wrong with them?
>>
>>34857493
They are nice but holy shit are they bulky and heavy for an SKS.
If I had the choice I would have gotten a decent chinese SKS for the same price.
If you don't mind a 10lb intermediate cartridge rifle its fine, and the ones century has are almost spotless then its nice.
If you want something that is feasible to backpack with then a chinese/russian sks is probably better.
>>
>>34859853
He charges too much on pretty much everything, and because Classic is so prolific in the primary market for milsurp, they have the effect of artificially raising the value of milsurp.
>>
>>34860971
This. Not to mention they are sog-tier in their ratings. "Excellent" guns will show up with rust.
>>
>>34857437
I was lucky to also get a classic receiver m39. no ffl is awesome.

It seemed for awhile they weren't ever going to run out of them.
>>
What are some good spots to pick up milsurp?
>>
>>34861561
Gunbroker, pawn shops (supposedly). Some guys have luck at garage sales, but I never see anything but useless shit at those. Some guys also have luck at flea markets, but I don't even know how to find one.
>>
>>34861561
armslist
gunauction
centerfire had a little reasonable prices c&r stuff bit it went quick, southern ohio gun usually has some at good prices

>>34861589
garage sales and flea markets are going to vary significantly based on where you are.
>>
>>34857116
>should I buy a finnish m39
Yes
>from classic firearms?
No
>>
File: glorybetofinland.jpg (745KB, 2113x1189px) Image search: [Google]
glorybetofinland.jpg
745KB, 2113x1189px
>>34857116
no but you should be jealous of mine
>>
>>34857116
Why not a K31 if you're looking fora cheapish surplus bolt action?
Ammo isn't that much more than .308.
>>
>>34857116

>buying from Sweaty Ben, Master of Omitting Critical Info

Go read the disclaimers he has on shit like the M39, K31, and so on. Notice how he repeatedly says "we have no idea what the crack is like, its size, where it is" and so on. Notice how he repeatedly says he DOESN'T check the bores, and that they're just "OK" without explaining their brightness, grooves, rifling, crown, and so on.

Never support that fucker until he makes guarantees and shows you exactly what you're purchasing. This is also completely ignoring the fact that he's horribly overpriced (such as those $1500 Garands he had).
>>
>>34857116
Sure, that's where I got mine. It has a little rust on the front sight but it's nice.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.