[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on RMRs, /k/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: g19 FDE tacticool edition.jpg (64KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
g19 FDE tacticool edition.jpg
64KB, 736x490px
Pic related.

I shoot fine with irons, but for some reason I feel the pull of the RMR. I have money to burn.

Thinking of getting one on my Glock 19, have any of you used one and if so, how do you like it? I tried one out at the range and it was dim and I couldn't get the thing to hit to POI, but it was a beat to shit gun, so results are unclear.
>>
>>34855842
You must have loved the movie Ghost Busters!
>>
File: zuul motherfucker zuul.png (748KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
zuul motherfucker zuul.png
748KB, 500x261px
>>34855879
What kind of degenerate doesn't like Ghostbusters?
>>
>>34855842
I have a roland special. RMR's are the future. They allow you to be more accurate and get faster follow-up shots. Only caveat is that acquiring the sight picture as fast or faster than irons takes a lot of "dry fire" practice of presentation/draw that I did at home. Now I am on average as fast or marginally faster with the RMR. It's really nice for moving and aiming and they allow you to use your NODs and actually aim your gun without the use of a laser - though that doesn't apply for most people.

Also, if you're going to get a surefire x300u light with it, just go all out and roland special it. I had my RMR cuts done by ATEi and they refinished the slide, too. You want to shop specifically for the RMR type 2 which is better designed for use with handguns. Suppressor height sights are good for co-witnessing if you care for that. After the fact I would suggest to get your rear sight set in front of the RMR; even though it looks kinda gay the RMR is your primary sighting system now and it makes sense to have the rear of the lens less cluttered, but it's not too big of a deal either way.
>>
>>34856115
Top tips, thanks anon.

What difference does the comp make on the Roland special, and does it have to be a KKM one or can I pick up any? Already have a threaded barrel. Also, I heard some scuttlebutt that comped G19s were picky about cycling ammo (basically, hot loads or go home), any truth about that?
>>
>>34855842
The only real negative is the first shot has a bit of a learning curve as you come out from the draw. The longer you've been shooting pistols, the steeper said curve.
>>
>>34856419
I have the KKM+comp. It basically puts the comp right up against the end of the slide for an almost seamless transition and uses a non-standard thread while something like the Silencerco+TBRCi comp use industry standard threads so you can use it for a suppressor later.

The Roland special specifically calls for KKM but who gives a fuck if it's exactly to the T or not. They should offer similar performance, but I can't say for sure. My KKM barrel+comp can cycle anything including wolf. Some people reported 147's didn't work but even I got through a box of those fine. I have shot almost 1000 115 gr loads through mine without a single malfunction except on one shitty aluminum case that was stuck in the chamber which did have enough energy to cycle the next round for a double feed, so I believe it was the cartridge's fault and not the comp. I would imagine that if you chose to use a TBRCi comp it would be functionally the same if you got a model similarly sized with similar port arrangement. I would also research and compare the weights of the compensators too since that can affect cycling after accounting for similar porting. I noticed that my KKM comp is surprisingly light and probably not steel.

One thing I would suggest following from the "Roland Special recipie" is the vickers tactical slide release. I hate Larry, but it's a really nice slide release, much better than either of the factory glock ones. I didn't get the forward slide serrations, because I think they're great on a gun with a plain slide, but I just use the RMR to rack my slide now so I don't need them anymore.

Another thing is that I actually CC mine. I use this holster.
https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/incog-shadow-eclipse/
>>
gen 2 rmr isnt necessary, albeit preferable. you just have to bend the contact points in the batt compartment
>>
>>34855842

Tried RMR G34.
RMR for G19 is now on the gun-shit-to-buy list at "You will get this next, asshole."
>>
Some people (like myself) fucking hate the blue tint on RMR's. Make sure to check if you are one before you buy it.

There are other options out there, like vortex, Sig optics, C-More, and Delta Point Pro.
>>
Will my rmr fog up if I draw it in the cold?
>>
File: IMG_1849.jpg (22KB, 300x173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1849.jpg
22KB, 300x173px
>>34859260
Like this I mean, carry own.
>>
>>34855842
IMO, RDS is good for anything above 15 yards. the way I generally use my RMR is shooting on the rifle range, I'll use the irons for targets close-in and then switch to the RMR when I ring the 100yd steel targets. Obviously it depends on what MOA dot you have but I'm faster with irons close in because the red dot is much more sensitive to movement than your irons.
>>
>>34855842
yeah let's spend 450 bucks on something i have to put batteries in all the time.
>>
I have a glock 19. I'm interested in getting an RMR. Should I just go with the Roland Special blueprint minus all the extra shit I don't want? I think it was a RMR Trijicon model 06 or something. I'm still a far ways out from doing it. I'll probably grab a x300u as well.
>>
>>34859833
battery life is 4 years, dumbshit
>>
>>34855842
Why get a Roland Special when I could just get a Glock 17 with an RMR for non-CC purposes?
>>
>>34860477
Because the 19 with all that crap on it ends up being the size of a 34; a 17 similarly equipped would be even bigger.
It's like how people buy special lightweight parts for their ARs so that they're still a reaonable weight after adding a scope, light, can opener, etc.
>>
>>34859260
>>34859422
I asked a question.
>>
>>34860787
No.
>>
File: 960-rowland-1.jpg (49KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
960-rowland-1.jpg
49KB, 1000x667px
>>34856604
Rowland > Roland
Because unsafe pressures are rad
>>
>>34860705
His point was that he could just get a G17 with the RMR instead of making a G19 bigger. Hell he could do a G17c with any other light and be gtg
>>
>>34855842
I've been out of the loop for a while, do we use RMR as a passepartout or only for the Trijicon ones?

Either way, the Docter III on my USP works like a charm.
>>
>>34860878
>Rowland > Roland
Why not both?
>>
>>34855842
Best summary so far:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0731/4357/files/RDS-Pistols-for-LE-and-Defensive-use-updated-2015.pdf
>>
>>34856115
To really start off pistols need non reciprocating flush top rails integrated into gun design. Like rifles do. Slide mounted sights are half-assed solution.
>>
>>34860907
I really want to to see how slide mounted optics hold up to 1000 rounds .960

I also want to shake Johnny Rowland for calling it .960 instead of .360 like he should have
>>
File: Roland vs 34.jpg (152KB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
Roland vs 34.jpg
152KB, 1000x737px
>>34860705
>>34860895
Well yeah, but then you won't have a comp and get all dat muzzle flip reduction. Plus some people like the shorter grip of the 19 more, for regular use and CC. Plus a Roland doesn't weigh much. About the same as a 1911.
>>
File: Glock-41-ALG.jpg (421KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-41-ALG.jpg
421KB, 1000x667px
>>34860956
Wow, real groundbreaking concept you have there, you should patent that. Unless you want to build bunch of ultramatic style pistols with fixed slides
>>
>>34861187
The 17c is already compensated and already has more weight hanging off of it due to the longer slide and light, not to mention about every Roland ever has a +2 extension so it's pretty moot. The Roland was a gag from the start
>>
>>34861440
>The Roland was a gag from the start
Yeah, one of those gags that gets way out of hand because too many people started taking it seriously, like human rights or pineapple on pizza.
>>
File: 41234234.jpg (201KB, 1918x1070px) Image search: [Google]
41234234.jpg
201KB, 1918x1070px
>>34861421
>Wolf Perfection
Why is Austria so good at this?
>>
>>34861485
The Roland and people that treat the scout rifle concept as a rigid rule set are like opposite sides of a coin aren't they. A joke taken way too seriously and an inflexible mindset applied to what was supposed to be flexible
>>
>>34860831
Thank you
>>
File: FULL_RT.jpg (607KB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
FULL_RT.jpg
607KB, 4000x3000px
>>34861575
They are pretty nice when they work
>>
>>34860898
OP here — did you have to get the slide milled for that?
( Did you feel bad about it? )
>>
Take this as you will, but Ian and Karl both reported the experience of the RMR malfunctioning during competition shooting when mounted on a handgun slide.
>>
>>34863417
Did they mount them to a Luger tho?
>>
>>34861575
This is one of the most confusing pictures I've ever seen.
>>
File: IMG_1217.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1217.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34855842
Pretty much what everyone else has said, it takes a long time to get used to when presenting to the target and the first 100 or so times you draw, you'll be fishing for the dot. Once you get used to it though, it makes presenting and getting a flash sight picture alot easier. Drawing from concealed and presenting in a self defense situation, as long as you can see the dot in the glass, it's off to the races.I was able to out shoot a local SWAT guy when I was at the range, he told me I was cheating, and people will tell you the same.

Also I'd recommend a 7 to 9 MOA dot.

Also use locktite on the screws. My RMR popped off after 1000 and hit me in the forehead.

>>34859833
Trijicon Dual-Illuminated RMR uses fiber optic and tritium combo, no batteries required.
>>
>>34855842
I have a Fastfire3 on my 17, I really like it. Took some getting used to, but now my aimtime is way faster.
>>
>>34859833
My battery life is 10,000 hours.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.