[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns like ar7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a2b614ec1df29b87bf.jpg (54KB, 800x939px) Image search: [Google]
a2b614ec1df29b87bf.jpg
54KB, 800x939px
Is the ar7 the only gun that does not require tools to take apart and build up in the field?
Or does anyone having one and can lost pro vs cons
>>
>>34852932
1911s in the original config have tooless disassembly
>>
By chance do you any decent take down guns I am looking to add one but not sure if they would be reliable
>>
>>34852932

the ruger 10/22 takedown is popular

ruger also makes an expensice takedown AR15 called the SR556 Takedown
>>
>>34853048
>takedown AR15
I saw one of those in the pawn shop near me. Seems pretty dumb, especially given the price. The AR is already a takedown. That's what the pivot and TAKEDOWN pins are for, imo.
>>
>>34852932
Mauser line of rifles (Gewehr, Karabiner) all have toolless field strip, as do Luger pistols and Broomhandles. Kraut space magic, mane.
>>
>>34853048
>ruger 10/22 takedown
to me, this is a better option than the AR7.
but also this
>>34853241
>The AR is already a takedown
so i'll just stick with my AR15

maybe somday ii would get a Ruger takedown for a Truck gun, but there are still better more powerful options for truck guns
>>
I have both the 10/22 Takedown and the AR-7 and like them both. The AR-7 is a fine rifle; just be sure to get a new-build Henry version and feed it top-shelf ammo. Mine chokes on Federal Automatch, but I can shoot CCI Mini-Mags through it all day without a single problem.
>>
>>34853048
I have one, I enjoy it quite a bit and have learned a lot from shooting it. A couple of pointers.

1)Stock iron sights are meh, get a nice aftermarket aperture sight.

2)Get a model with sling swivels and then get a decent sling. Hasty sling makes off-hand shooting much easier.

3)Make damn sure the headspacing nut is set right, read the manual to see how.

4)Pull back the bolt and release it a few times after assembling rifle so that everything settles into place.

5)Try to find a scope that is small enough to fit in the carry bag while mounted. to the receiver.

Ruger has just come out with a suppressed take-down barrel. All you need to do is switch barrels and now you have a suppressed 10/22. I'm currently setting up another rifle to my satisfaction, but this is one my kinda-want list.
>>
>>34854243
If could only see yourself taking small game then a 10/22 would be fine. I would not recommend it for coyotes, hogs, deer or varmints that will go to ground if they see you under 100 yards.
>>
>>34854797
My 10/22 does not care at all with regard to ammo. Some varieties might be more accurate, but if it's .22LR it will feed, fire, and eject.
>>
>>34852932
10/22 take down
marlin papoose
jrc made a take down
there are model 94 takedowns out there
there are quite a few take down shotguns

plenty more that i cant think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>34854243

don't leave guns in your truck
>>
>>34852932
Rossi trifecta. 3 barrels in 20ga 22lr and 243, short and light, no tools, hollow stock with a bar for support - I stow a multitool a firestarter and a lol cash in mine for kicks. Cheap but ive put mine through quite a bit of abuse without issue. Comes with a neat carry case that fits the barrels and what not. Only drawback is that it's a break action single shot. I fuckin love mine tho
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.