[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 80% glock lowers a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled-1.png (605KB, 716x432px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
605KB, 716x432px
I've had a Glock 19 for about a year now, and I like it but I just can't get used to the grip angle. I've trained with it to the point where I can get good groupings with it, but it just doesn't point naturally. My browning Hi Power on the other hand points perfectly, the sights come right up as soon as I raise the gun. For a carry/self defense gun that is what I want. Since i don't really want to carry my BHP, I need another option.

Are the timberwolf 80% glock lowers a good product? or should i just get another striker gun with a different grip angle. I tried a S&W M&P and it felt better but I just couldn't stand the trigger, same with the FNS9. The only one I haven't tried is the Ruger American compact. Are those good? obviously P320s are out of the question which kind of sucks because that is what I planned on getting initially.
>>
If you don't like the glock dangle, don't go with a glock.
>>
>>34852879
Too late. I fell for the "just buy a glock 19 and forget about it" meme. After giving it a NY1 Trigger + 3.5 connector job i am able to shoot pretty well with it and it has been 100% reliable, I just don't like the angle.

on the other hand if I rented a bunch of guns and picked the one I shot best with I probably would have ended up with a P320
>>
I've been meaning to get one just to have it. Haven't got around to it yet though.
>>
OP here. What I meant to include in my original post is do they fuck up the safety features of the original Glock? I heard that some of the Wolf trigger kits do.
>>
File: IMG_1364.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_1364.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
First, timberwolf frames aren't 80%, they are 100%.
Second, 80% frames are fine.
Third, you can always get a grip reduction on your frame.
Pic related is a 19 frame with removed finger grooves and Glock hump, undercut trigger guard and mag release scallop. Also has a bit of internal magwell.
You could do this yourself or send it off to be done. No other frame needed.
>>
>>34854026
How much would all that cost you? I enjoy Glocks with just some grip tape on them but that looks pretty cumfy
>>
i wanted a new frame for my gen4, but the only one i see is the polymer80 one, but i don't know how to make it a complete frame.
>>
>>34854194
>>34854194
My ass says that might take 4 hours of work to do, maybe three if you've done a few (including making the stippling look nice). Your hourly gunsmith rate might be anywhere from $50 to $70 an hour, so you're looking anywhere from $150 to $280 of work.
>>
>>34854959

shiggy. I'd love to shoot it but not that bad. ill just buy ammo n get more gooder :^)
>>
>>34854026
Hey anon, I already have a Glock 19 but I'm thinking of picking up a MOS 19 or 17 and sticking an RMR on it. Is it a big enough upgrade to be worth it? I tried one at the range and it was total shit — aim was all over the place and it was dim and murky, but not sure if it was just because it was a rental.

Blease advise
>>
>>34852983
The grip can be fixed but it won't be cheap. Good news is it'll be better than an 80% or lone wolf and boresight has a quick turn around
>>
>>34852858
https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Force-Glock-BeaverTail-Adapter/dp/B004VIZN90

Changes the grip angle for 20 bucks.

It's fugly, but I hear good things
>>
>>34853875
>I heard that some of the Wolf trigger kits do.

You should be extremely conservative with changing out your Glock internals and sticking mostly with OEM parts. The reason people fuck their Glock's shit up is that they're slapping on all kinds of crap that they cannot actually come up with a good reason for what they're doing.

Disabling your safeties with retardedly light springs, and compromising your ignition relability for that nice 2lb trigger pull will do you more harm than good.
>>
>>34852858

It's fun, but there's not really a reason to when you can get stripped lowers from Glock or Lone Wolf if you live in a free state. If you don't, 80%s are what you want.
>>
File: IMG_0849.jpg (64KB, 540x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0849.jpg
64KB, 540x323px
>>34855071
Get your slide milled. MOS is shit.
A red dot is like cheating, IMO. I love it. You have to "retrain" yourself a bit so sometimes the first outting isn't good. I love shooting as fast as I can and still getting babby sized groups.
>>
File: IMG_0850.jpg (273KB, 1188x1000px)
IMG_0850.jpg
273KB, 1188x1000px
>>34854194
I think maybe $300 or something I have no idea anymore.
You can do it yourself following YouTube videos tho.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.