[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M16 Parts Legality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: AR-M16BCGFC-c.jpg (310KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AR-M16BCGFC-c.jpg
310KB, 1000x1000px
I'm sure there's been discussion on this, but I found nothing currently with CTRL+F.

I have a Vietnam-era Colt parts kit that is missing a barrel and a few components from the lower receiver. I found websites selling automatic M16 fire control groups, and I am wondering what parts are legal to own and which ones will piss off the ATF?

I'm trying to put this Colt together as faithfully as possible, but I do not want to land myself in trouble. Can I use an M16 BCG? What about the safety selector, disconnects, and trigger?

Thanks!
>>
Nothing illegal about it until you put it together. I own a bunch of full auto parts here in California too yet nobody cares until it suddenly falls together in a certain way.
>>
>>34850272
Just as long as you don't drill a 3rd pin and it can't accept an auto sear you'll be fine.
>>
don't drill a third hole. don't put in an auto sear. don't put in a giggle switch, put in a semi auto switch. do use a semi auto trigger group.

FA BCG, hammer, and lower receiver(minus auto sear hole) are perfectly legal to use.
>>
>not op
can you order nfa items without a stamp? like go out and buy a sear, burst trigger, and selector switch without having put in paperwork.
>>
>>34850295
>>34850312
>>34850321
Thanks guys. Seems it would be easier to just use semi-only parts and save myself the worry.
>>
>>34850339
>op here
I was finding them online at plenty of retailers. They said they were sold only as replacement parts for registered full-autos, but they didn't seem to actually restrict the purchasing of those parts in any way.
>>
>>34850370
You can own the parts legally.
It's just there's the grey area of constructive intent when dealing with NFA items, some people say just owning the parts is illegal, other people say it's perfectly legal unless you drill a third hole.
>>
>>34850451
don't have a jig for drilling out a lower to be FA and you ok. though if you have the jig or the commands for a CNC mill. they can get you for constructive intent.
>>
>>34850451
>some people say just owning the parts is illegal,

As far as the BATF is concerned, only a completed receiver is the actual firearm, and all other parts are just parts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.