[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walther p99 striker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 15026418843741241071448.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
15026418843741241071448.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
My striker seems to have snapped in half am I not supposed to dry fire this? Where can I find a replacement striker?
>>
>>34850168
Have you tried a gun shop?
>>
>>34850200
I tried some local ones but the P99 doesnt seem to be a very popular pistol. This should be an easy fix I just dont know why it snapped like that.
>>
>>34850228
You probably shouldn't have hit it with a hammer. Buy a ppq slide and put it on there.
>>
What does your manual say? A few striker fired pistols don't like to be dry fired without a snap cap in the chamber.

Call Walther tomorrow. They'll fix you up.
>>
>>34850168
Have you heard of the internet? The google?
>>
>>34850257
>What does your manual say? A few striker fired pistols don't like to be dry fired without a snap cap in the chamber.

I bought it used off of armslist so no manual :( ill try to find a pdf online though
>>
>>34850270
I tried to find it, but I only found some sites that dont exist or dont stock it anymore
>>
>>34850293
Oh. Well don't I feel like an asshole.
Yeah I'd say like that other guy said and try giving Walther a call. From what I've heard they have pretty good customer service.
And don't admit to anything. If they ask if you were dry firing it, no you were not. You were shooting it. Store bought ammo, not reloads.
You might get a free striker assembly if they think it just broke for no reason.

Since you don't have the manual you should be able to find their customer service number online.
>>
>buy a poorfag's H&K
>dry firing breaks it
>nothing you can do because it's a discontinued model
>>
>>34850351
Haha ikr I bought it cuz I loved the 007 games and movies as a kid and I thought this pistol was the fucking coolest
>>
File: a couple of glocks.jpg (2MB, 2600x1733px) Image search: [Google]
a couple of glocks.jpg
2MB, 2600x1733px
>>34850168
Wouldn't hurt to call Walther and ask for a replacement, but if they do concede you will probably have to send the entire gun in for liability reasons. In such case I would just buy the part, if you can find it. To that end, contact Earl's, if Numrich doesn't have it Earl's might, or might know where to find one:
http://www.carlwalther.com/p99as.htm

Also dry firing is fine in any amount, forever. The part was just faulty.

Also also putting the striker cups back onto your new striker while compressing the spring is a frustrating trick; you'll probably want a second set of hands around when it comes time.
>>
>>34850351
>just bought beat to shit usp40 police trade in for $400
>thinks it came with a license to shitpost
>>
>>34850168
Call walther usa, rhey will send you a new one
>>
>>34850385
WTF I didnt know you could do that haha. does it still function when u swap slides and receiver
>>
>>34850453
Yes, though one is .40 and one is 9mm so the magazine has to come with the barrel and a .40 barrel won't chamber in the 9mm slide.
>>
>>34850420
Don't own an HK. More of a Glockfag myself. You know what you don't see happen to Glocks? Broken strikers from dry firing.
>>
>>34850554
Yeah I have a g19 for my conceal carry was hoping to switch to p99 but the tolerances seem a lot tighter and shit like a snapping firing pin makes me feel this gun is sketch
>>
File: BREECHFAIL2.jpg (25KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
BREECHFAIL2.jpg
25KB, 800x600px
>>34850554
>You know what you don't see happen to Glocks? Broken strikers from dry firing.

But this can happen.
>>
>>34850668
Yep. Unfortunately there isn't a gun on earth with a guarantee that every single part is going to be made soundly. If something went wrong making a certain part then there's a chance it will just flat out break. The difference is that Glock produces over a million pistols every year. Only a small number of those will have parts breakages.
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 1624x976px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 1624x976px
>>34850771
Wrong.
>>
>>34850806
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/149143-mark-23-hammer-el-broken.html#/topics/149143?page=1
10 seconds in google
>>
>>34850861
Lol and if you read your own link retard it states it's a cosemtic issue that does not affect function and was actually designed as a breakaway point incase the gun was dropped on the hammer it wouldn't produce jagged metal.
>>
>>34850999
fucc is it time to switch to mk23 for conceal carry
>>
>>34850168
According to a report from the police of Poland, dryfiring it is unsafe. Try contacting Walther but their CS sucks - at least at Walther Germany. Tried to have them send me a replacement blackstrap for my 20yo P99 after it fell apart. What did the fucking cuck tell me? "We're sorry, we cannot send gun parts by post" - for a fucking 7 bucks plastic blackstrap! Had to pass through a gunshop.
>>
>>34850351
Good thing it's not discontinued
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.