[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most reliable,durable gun ever? It can survive a bomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: image_11.jpg (80KB, 699x432px) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
80KB, 699x432px
What is the most reliable,durable gun ever? It can survive a bomb
>>
File: Camp Hero Coastal Defence.jpg (98KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
Camp Hero Coastal Defence.jpg
98KB, 600x467px
>>34849821
i would say any coastal defense gun.

Pro:
can take several direct hits from any bombs
devistating projectile dammage

Con:
Very heavy, will need to do some push ups to be able to carry around
Long load time if by yourself
>>
>>34849923
How can I cc.
This
>>
reliability is a meme
>>
>>34849821
Hmm, i know its a joke and all...

But isn't infrantry protection today like literally the best way to defend a tank?
>>
>>34853732
I want a gun that can double as a hammer
>>
>>34850095
JNCO jeans
>>
>>34854883
Colt SAA
>>
>>34853732
I mean sure if you dont go full ivan and use em as actual extra armor for a tank. Tanks that are unsupported by infantry are vulnerable to shit like rpg's and enemy infantry in general.
>>
>>34853732
Defend is an understatement.

Tanks without infantry protection are deathtraps.
>>
Probably some kind of middle-sized naval gun. I'd hazard a 203mm because they had high-enough production volume to work out any small defects, but they were still large enough to be engineered for long-term use.
>>
File: Nicks wrecked 80.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nicks wrecked 80.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>34849821
>most reliable,durable gun ever?
> It can survive a bomb
>>
>>34857821
stop posting this picture like you fucking took it you autist
>>
>>34849923
Depends, how often do you shoot it? The barrels have to be strong because the rounds themselves are fucking potent. A lot of wear and tear comes from those things.
>>
>>34853732
No, if anything the tank is more for infantry support than the other way around.
>>
>>34857831
never claimed to take it, wasn't even in country or even in the same regiment.
>>
>>34857889
Really?

>>34833420
>are you actually implying that you, or you know someone, that took that picture

>yeah Nick served in RGJ, he was on top cover of a snatch landy when it hit an IED and ambush
>managed to fight his way out of it, what you don't see is how the rifle has a barrel bent to the left. Still managed to shoot with it but i doubt he hit anything
>he got of quite lucky as he didn't have the UGL loaded, and some of his clothes had melted onto him.
>Rifle was repaired and returned to service.
>80's are as tough as old boots if they're A2s, haven't seen a single jam in 14 years of service

Had the exact same filename, sentence structure, and commented the same statement on a similar subject.

Fuck off you walting cunt
>>
>>34857979
> You apparently can't have friends in other regiments.
You can tell you've never been on a CRTC or any other training of note.

Shouldn't you be on JPA or up someones arrsecrack you fucking MPGS mongloid.
>>
>>34857979
>are you actually implying that you, or you know someone, that took that picture
>or you know someone that took that picture
> Yeah Nick served in RGJ
This implies that nick took the picture and further implies that he is not in the same unit as nick through his notation that he served in RGJ.

Here we see the disparity between those that excel and those that don't.
>>
File: 1-2UH8dLloQPG99LSmVOqTpA.jpg (339KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1-2UH8dLloQPG99LSmVOqTpA.jpg
339KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>34857821
Wow.

I want to join the army soon, what regiment should i join?
>>
>>34858089
>I want to join the army soon, what regiment should i join?
Good for you,

Depends what you want to do.

Do you want to be an officer or do you want to be other ranks?

If you want to join the infantry or cavalry you're stuck whatever you local regiment is or the guards. (unless you have regimental connection like a family member or something)

Plenty of other jobs, Engineers who make stuff and blow stuff up, RA who blow shit up from afar, REME who fix things, RAMC who fix people, AAC who fly helis, signals who talk to people, Intelligence corps who do linguistics, maps, finding the enemy, assessing threats, RLC who drive trucks, AGC who seem to mess up peoples careers.

Honestly can't recommend it right now, money and pension is terrible.I ironically and without pride give you the advice to join the navy or marines, better money, better pension, nowhere to waste money when you're at sea.
I know two people who recently transferred to the navy.
Infantry S/sgt with fuck knows how many years experience decided to become a marine after being made redundant. (he didn't get to keep his rank)
L/Cpl REME artificer who is now in the royal navy as an artificer.

If you can you should always aim high, try and be an officer, If you're in school don't leave at 16 to go to army foundation college, go on and get A levels or whatever as this will allow you transfer across (25% of the jobs in the army right now are reserved for transferees from other roles or units but they struggle to fill them).

If you join as OR and decide to be an officer you can allways apply for sandhurst if you have A-Levels, but don't expect
>>
>>34858167
OK thanks i thought it was simple a walking in and saying sign me up
>>
>>34858277
>i thought it was simple a walking in and saying sign me up

Usually you have to do it online now.

But start by just walking in and talking to someone
>>
>>34858089
>If you're super fit
PARAS or Royal Marines

>If you want to do fun shit and use cool equipment
Royal Engineers or one of the cavalry/armoured regiments

>If you want to do fun shit and use cool equipment and you're super smart
Army Air Corps as a pilot

>Otherwise
Your local infantry regiment

>But I don't want to be in combat
Then don't bother. Army outside of combat is shit work for shit pay
>>
>>34858602
Correction:

>If you're super fit and want to have arthritis at the age of 25
PARAS or Royal Marines
>>
>>34858277
Never that easy mate. There are AFCOs (recruitment offices).

If you ever need a chat or advice you can contact me (Reg) or KLancer on discord, theres a couple of others who would be willing to help but they're not as frequent as us.
>>
>>34858612
Arthritis and piles at 20 if you join the guards
>>
File: tenor.gif (283KB, 498x274px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
283KB, 498x274px
>>34858614
>KLancer
KLancer : Suicidal Walking ket head war criminal by day.
Neo nazi recruitment officer by night.

YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME SIR! SIR! YOU HAVE TO LISTEN! SIR LISTEN TO ME! SIR! LISTEN TO ME! SIR! SIR! SIR!
>>
>>34858089
Siggies are getting a 5 grand joining bonus post phase 2 or something because theyre in short supply. Yeah youll be driving a desk but theyres a few interesting jobs, and once youve been in a few years and are a solid scaley with field skills you can go down the pipeline for SFC and 18 (UKSF) Sig Reg and do spoopy doopy sneaky squirrel shit
>>
>>34858659
>>34858614
TFW Klancer would be getting LSGC this year but doesn't meet the GC part of LSGC.
Forever a troopie

Reg, at least you have ACSM

>>34859189
You sure thats not a reenlistment bonus?
>>
>>34858059
it's your moms dildo
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.