[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First timer at the gun range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: dont be this guy.jpg (114KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
dont be this guy.jpg
114KB, 840x420px
I'm going to join the local gun range, but I live in a noguns country and have to be active regularly for at least 6 months to get a gun license
I assume the gun range has some rental guns since they give safety courses
I mainly want to shoot .22lr for target practice

What should I expect?
Got any tips for a first timer?
>>
Is the range indoor or outdoors?
>>
don't wear an open neck shirt, wear closed toed shoes, wear ear and eye protection,keep guns pointed down range at all times, always listen to range safety officers.

in america anyone can call a "cold" range which means "don't fucking shoot". that's usually at outdoor rangers though
>>
>>34848600
Outdoors
>>34848601
Alright
>>
>>34848601
This also kick brass rats in the head
>>
>>34848604
Nice outdoors my private range is outdoors, desu I don't wear eye protection never an issue for me what country?
>>
>>34848605
Someone who steal ejected brass cartridges I assume?
>>
>>34848616
Yup.
>>
>>34848614
Norway
>>
>>34848627
I'm a Canadian myself I never knew your gun laws sucked so bad where you given gun lessons on how to handle your gun? Or are you going in blind?
>>
>>34848640
I know they give gun lessons but I haven't taken any before, I could also a hunter's course and apply for a gun licence, might go down that route instead. But I'm still gonna go check out the local gun range
>>
>>34848601
anywhere in the world if you say anything that even approaches the same meaning as "STOP FUCKING SHOOTING OR SOMEONE WILL GET HURT" most people will stop shooting

note i say "most people"

there are a lot of real dumb shooters in the world
>>
Get an hour of instruction.
>>
>>34848648
Listen to
>>34848652
>>
>>34848652
It's required to participate at gun ranges in Norway, should have clarified that
>>
>>34848652
yeah see >>34848650
true facts,
if youve never handled a gun before, its all very foreign at first, no matter how much CoD and world.guns.ru you've had
>>
>>34848680
whoops quotes should be other way round, im druncc
>>
>>34848590
Agree with >>34848655, >>34848652.

Assume NOTHING except for one thing: you know jack shit. But thats okay. If you go in with the attitude of "Imma learn something today", and make that clear to everybody, everybody will be nice to you and/or offer to teach you something.

Chances are, most people are going to be 20+ years older than you. Treat them accordingly, and by that I mean respectful. Follow their procedures, however stupid it may seem, for now. You can always come back and correct them later. Let them show you how they do stuff, do as they do, and maybe you'll learn something along the way and/or take a liking to doing things the way they do. If not, do it anyway, there's probably a reason for it.

Theres usually two kinds of folks who hang out at the ranges. The super-nice grandpa type old man, and the turbo-autist. Sometimes, people are both, those are the funniest. You'll figure out who is who pretty soon. Argue with neither. Use the autismo's knowledge when you need to, I guess, but listen to the grandpa types. Those are the best people to be around. Last week I mentioned I was going to buy a "real" rifle soon (.308) but I had very little practise, and two guys who on average are older than my dad practically fell over each other offering me to try their guns to get a feel for the "big" cartridge.

Join a shooting club I guess. Gets you into contact with those kinds of people, and they probably have rental guns included in the club fee.
>>
>>34848650
what? I can't hear or see shit with my earpro and oakleys on
>>
>>34848590
The experience will be no where like the picture you provided.
>>
Which fylke you in? Norway is a weird country gun law wise, you can technically own just about anything legally, but it comes down to how much effort you are willing to put in. You cant buy handguns on the hunters license, but having a hunters license is a good help when you apply for your guns so the police knows have done more han the bare minimum.
>>
Not op but I've always been curious of how are you supposed to know the range is cold when you are wearing a cheap ear pro that doesn't filter specific frequencies or whatever. Do they tap you on the shoulder or is there some kind of visual indication?
>>
>>34851996
earpro doesnt make you deaf, you can easily hear a range officer yelling their commands through earpro.
>>
If you see a one-toothed inbred firing a rifle as fast as he can and puffs of dust are rising from the ground two feet in front of him, then stay away from him. He's an inbred moron and will likely kill someone.

Also, I once saw a fucking mongoloid unscrew a suppressor and dump Diet Coke from the bottle of Diet Coke he was drinking from into the fucking suppressor so he could "run it wet". Don't be this fucking asshole, either.

You'll basically see the worst examples of humanity at any outdoor range. The ones without range officers, as much of ignorant assholes as they are, are even worse. It helps you understand why ROs are the way they are.
>>
>>34852280
My post applies to America. I don't know if you Europeans have the quantity of inbred asshole morons that we do at our outdoor ranges.
>>
>>34852292
We have a bunch of cunts here as well, but maybe less since its regulated. A classic is the one who is a cocky asshole because he passed the very easy paperwork to buy guns and wants people to try his .44 Mag as their first handgun, despite the same asshole having had 6 months of training with 90% of the time shooting .22lr
>>
>>34851996
you can still hear people, especially a RO over a loudspeaker. Also some places use a flag system. So when you randomly show up you will know the status of the range. If its just a rinky dink place with a few ports you need to converse with your fellow shooters.
>>
>>34852310
I once saw an inbred bump fire an entire case of 7.62 at clods of dirt. 1000 rounds wasted in an hour.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.