[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Is This?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3991.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3991.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey boys, curious faggot here. I was rummaging around an old bookstore/antique shop when I stumbled across this beauty in a cardboard box behind a life-size startrek cutout of Spock. I asked the part time owner what it was and he had no idea. Being a weapons/military scrub i decided to ask yall what it was. Any guesses?
>>
>>34845225
Filter for a gas mask.
>>
Gas mask filter.
>>
File: FAGGGIT.jpg (99KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
FAGGGIT.jpg
99KB, 774x1032px
>>
>>34845225
It's a filter for the schm-51 Russian gas mask
You can buy it but I would advise that you probably don't wear it. That model has been confirmed hazardous.
>>
Specifically EO-16 canister.

http://gasmaskandrespirator.wikia.com/wiki/ShMS

Slavshit.
>>
>>34845246
most gas mask models made before the mid/late ninties are hazardous
>>
It's >10% asbestos, I can tell you that much.
>>
File: IMG_3995.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34845246
Aight so with it being hazardous what would be the risks of a dumbass screwing open the top to peek inside (asking for a friend)
>>
File: ohnoitsretarded.jpg (91KB, 921x720px) Image search: [Google]
ohnoitsretarded.jpg
91KB, 921x720px
>>34845257
I'll ask you why (because it isn't true) but yes this model in particular has problems with it because it specifically uses an asbestos filter that is known to degrade and potentially release asbestos fibers into the users lungs. If you're referring to the gp-5 filter because
>muh russian filters
then you're wrong.
>>
>>34845284
negligible if you aren't breathing through it.
>>
>>34845284
probably nothing.
Do me a favor and shake it for me. If a black powder or sand comes out then don't use the filter to breath. If you shake it and a white fibrous powder comes out then don't breath it in and contact your city on the proper way to dispose of asbestos. It can cause problems just saying.
>>
>>34845300
Nothing came out except for some little black pellets. Dissapointed. How much $$ can these go for anyways i got it off the store clerk for $1.50
>>
>>34845319

It is useless, worthless, and not even of interest to museums or collectors.

It's only purpose now, being expired and all, is to be labeled as an antique military surplus item so that gullible doofuses will buy it.
>>
>>34845319
If you're into collecting then just keep it on a shelf or something. You got it for a good price. However, since it does seem to be in hazardous condition I recommend taping over anything that leaks particles.
Don't get me wrong when I say hazardous either, it isn't really dangerous just don't suck on the filter or something idk.
>>
>>34845364
its just to keep it from spilling carbon particulates everywhere.
>>
>>34845288
>because it isnt true
what do you think regulations are you dumb fucker? in the 90's gas masks finally were regulated to NOT contain a bunch of shit like asbestos
>>
>>34845364
Well shit there goes the only actual use i couldve had for it. My roomate told me to turn it into a WWll styled bong
>>
File: rsh-4(9).jpg (585KB, 1984x1488px) Image search: [Google]
rsh-4(9).jpg
585KB, 1984x1488px
>>34845245
lmao that's my Willson WUG-NI/N2W Industrial Mask
was dicking around with and slapped a Polish hose onto.

>>34845225
Here's a good example of a ShM-66Mu Mask in RSH-4 configuration with the EO-16 Canister.
>>
>>34845392
That is a good assumption on face value. But even an old style gp-5 filter which uses a primary asbestos filter wouldn't be hazardous unless the filter is already broken, in which case shouldn't be used anyway.
What this should mean to you is once it's broken, it is unable to be used safely. Asbestos has little to do with it.
also
>russia
>regulations
toppest of keks
>>
>>34845891
>>
>>34846466
>m17 filter
>actually a czech m10 riot control filter
>"no documentation about... asbestos"
>"some say" a billion times
why should anyone fucking believe that?
>>
>>34845225

It's a large gas mask filter that you should definitely not use. Large ones are usually Asbestos riddled.
>>
>>34846626
this desu
the person who made this chart is a fetishist btw
every gas mask thread someone posts this fucking chart and it triggers me because there's so much inconsistent bullshit in it
>>
>>34845300
> contact your city on the proper way to dispose of asbestos

Just throw it in the trash. If it's just stuff like this, or some floor tile or whatever from a DIY home project, bag it up and put it in your garbage can. If its a professional job or something that requires a demo permit, then yeah, you have to have it tested and you have to hire an certified contractor to remove and dispose of it.
>>
>>34849669
well that's just what I'm supposed to do in my city so I assumed the same for his.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.