[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATI Firepower Xtreme Military 1911

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: ATI1911.jpg (146KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
ATI1911.jpg
146KB, 1024x681px
Anyone have any experience with this 1911? Is it a good buy?
>>
>>34842158
I bought one of some guy in armslist. Have tried promag, and Kimberling mags and it has never had any problems. Shoots very accurately. I'm suprised how tight it is for the price. Only down side is the finish is not very resilient to scuffs and scratches
>>
>>34842158
For a few bucks more you can get a US made 1911
>>
File: 1330211010151.png (125KB, 370x339px) Image search: [Google]
1330211010151.png
125KB, 370x339px
>>34842243
You mean a few hundred more? ATI 1911s are about $350 and the Remington R1 is about $550.

I've never handled these 1911s, but I do wonder how all the Filipino 1911s compare against each other.
>>
I have. Fit is really nice. Seems well made. Shoots finish is thin. Not sure of the quality if the metal though.
>>
>>34842276
$150 more

Auto Ordnance is $500
>>
I got 2 of them. Put about 750+ rds thur each. I really like em. Still tight after so many rds. Finish is still good.
>>
File: IMG_0259.jpg (298KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.jpg
298KB, 640x480px
I love mine. Pretty accurate but also surprisingly reliable. I've ran ~300 rounds of ball through it and not a single jam. I figured I would've gotten at least one or two malfunctions during the break-in period but nope.

My only complaint is that the finish scratches off very easily. I might get it cerakoted black later down the road.
>>
Thanks everyone. I'm not too worried about finish, to me it's what's on the inside that counts. I guess I'll go with this one then.
>>
File: 56898_2.jpg (22KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
56898_2.jpg
22KB, 500x374px
Quick, buying a citadel M1911 officer

Anyone here know if its good?
>>
>>34842837
dont buy it. officers burn though springs unless you want to buy a new spring every case of ammo.
go for a commander size or up if you want a small 1911.
>>
>>34843036
Is it worth 300$ tho? Or is there any way to circumvent this problem?
>>
>>34843217
its worth 300
theres no way of mitigating the recoil spring issue without buying a different gun. the short and light slide leads to a fast and violent action compared to the fullsize. the old style officers need the recoil spring replaced at 500 for 100% reliability though they dont start to shit the bed till 1000+. a normal govt spring is 5k before it should be replaced.
other more modern officers (like colt) use a newer recoil spring design but its not compatible with that gun.
ive got an ria which is essentially the same thing.
the other downside is officers are picky about mags i have mags that work perfectly in other 1911s but jam constantly in the officer. this is cause the slide moves so damn fast with a short travel distance. once you find a mag brand that works its not a big deal but its still annoying.
with an officer you can have a gun that can be very reliable but only for a comparatively short period of time before something needs to be replaced. its like a phone with a 1 hour battery life when everyother phone is lasts a day.
>>
what im saying is an officer size 1911 is a maintenance heavy range toy that cant be trusted for ccw. its not ever a good rangetoy because they suck to shoot compared to fullsize 1911s. small grip + light gun = more felt recoil.
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_49.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_49.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
I paid about $300.00 for this near-mint Randall .45 ACP some years ago. I'll keep it, thanks!
>>
>>34843347
>>34843400
Guess i wasted all damn day waiting for the fuckers to get to me and i cant buy the gun cuz im 20 and you have to be 21 to buy a gun

>can buy semi automatic firearms
>can join military and be issued fully automatic weapons and semi auto hand guns
>cant buy a fucking .45

Thanks Michigan
>>
>>34843491
Have to be 21 to buy a handgun anyway
>>
>>34843418
You fucker. I miss the pre-smartphone days when people couldn't just look up what they had instantly. I got a browning BDA .380in pretty good shape for $140 once
>>
Not a bad handgun for beginners in my opinion. I've owed and handled more expensive and better made 1911's and can honestly say there's no comparision to say maybe Colt, Remington, and Kimber, but I carried a ATI Titan .45 as my edc for a few months and really enjoyed it before I sold it to purchase an FN Five-seveN. Didn't sell it because it was a bad firearm, just wanted the Five-seveN more since I've been looking to own one for a few years and came across a deal I simply couldn't pass up. The only downside I could find with thw ATI series is that it was very very tempermental about the ammo it would cycle and run. Hollow Points were the main issue while FMJ's worked perfect which as everyone knows is a big no-no for self defense. All in all although, the ATI series is a great low price starter pistol, but def plan on upgrading one day.
>>
>>34843347
Just a thought but have you tried a square firing pin stop? I use them with 5in guns when shooting 255gn buffalo bore. Really slows reward movent of the slide.
>>
>>34844258
nah fuck tossing more money into it than i have to. left it stock. dont think it would help that much anyways maybe an extra 100 rounds more life per spring
>>
File: guns.jpg (108KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
108KB, 960x540px
I've owned an ATI FX 45 for about a year now I think. I've easily put 2,000-3,000 rounds through the gun, that being mostly reloads. It was my first handgun, and still remains my favorite. Some of that is first handgun love, but all in all it's a very comfy shooter, very accurate, has a great trigger and runs hardball ammo like a dream. I haven't loaded hollowpoints through it, however I did try semi-wadcutters a time ago because they were cheap cheap cheap, and I found that you need a certain length of a cartridge to get really any round to feed. If the cartridge length is too short, the gun doesn't feed for shit. So my guess would be that hollowpoints that are seated shorter are probably no good in the gun, but longer hollowpoints would probably do fine. But yeah, it's a great gun overall.
>>
>>34842276
Remington 1911R1s are shit. I picked one up during the MIR.
The heavy coating of oil was hiding rust speckling on the left side by the mag release, and it FTFs constantly. Two mags FTF every other round, all the others at least once every other mag.
The feed ramp is so rough that it's literally sanding copper powder off the nose of the bullets.
>>
>>34842158
I have been actually getting an itch to buy this full size and use it as my camping gun
>>
>>34842276

I've seen new R1's for as little 400$, you just have to look
>>
>>34842158
It's a fantastic cheap beater 1911. The only problem is the sights -- if they're not lined up, good luck. Mine shot low and to the left.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.