[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun license or move?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 23

Bong here, Should I get a firearm and shotgun license, or just move to America?

Remember, we can't even have Semi-Auto's in bongland.
>>
>>34840597
America doesn't want white immigrants. Sorry.
>>
>>34840597
>just move
lol
>>
>>34840597
How wealthy are you?
Can you support yourself and another person with the income you will make here?
If so, I'll be happy to assist with expediting your immigration and nationalization processes.
I'm on bottom.
>>
File: statue_liberty1a.jpg (525KB, 1334x2000px) Image search: [Google]
statue_liberty1a.jpg
525KB, 1334x2000px
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
MOTHER OF EXILES. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

if you make it to chicago, i'll buy you a beer.
>>
>>34840673
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Lazarus
Really makes you think.
>>
File: 257-007.jpg (38KB, 336x448px) Image search: [Google]
257-007.jpg
38KB, 336x448px
>>34840597
Stay and apply.

There are other options like Bermuda and Gibraltar

> No semi autos
Shotguns and .22s you can.

Insider tip, get both a shotgun and firearm cert and you can get a drum fed saiga with slugs,
>>
File: 1501869189858.jpg (26KB, 415x544px) Image search: [Google]
1501869189858.jpg
26KB, 415x544px
>>34840828
>She is an important forerunner of theZionistmovement. She argued for the creation of aJewish homelandthirteen years beforeTheodor Herzlbegan to use the term Zionism.[15]Lazarus is buried inBeth-Olom CemeteryinBrooklyn.

Damnit, I really dont want /pol/ to be right.
>>
>>34840597
>just move to America
what the fuck do you mean by "just" it isn't exactly something you just decide you feel like an do it
>>
I have funs and still want to leave. USA, Canada, NZ are all fine by me I just want some Anglo nation that isn't over-crowded, isn't up its own arse about guns or at least not as much as here and isn't such a totalitarian shithole.
>>
>>34841318
>USA
>Canada
>anglo
NZ maybe but the others nah
>>
>>34841330
I don't mean to imply that they're some kind of derivative of England or anything demeaning like that. Just that they're English speaking and have a lot in common culturally. I never felt like I wasn't at home in Canada, I felt more that way in France and it's right next door. That's the kind of thing I meant.
>>
File: Moving to the US.jpg (346KB, 1500x970px) Image search: [Google]
Moving to the US.jpg
346KB, 1500x970px
>>34840597
How easy do you think it is to move to the USA? It is very expensive and time consuming even if you are well educated or marry a whale.
>>
>>34840853
you can get a suppressed magazine fed semi-auto shotgun and post pics and make most of the US jelly.
>>
>>34840597
>Remember, we can't even have Semi-Auto's in bongland.

Yes we can, I have many. So why not go and learn something rather than spewing ill-informed shite over the internet?
>>
>>34840853
Golly gee, you can get Saigas in the UK? That's pretty neat, alright. I wanted one, but the gun laws here (Norway) forbid pistol grips and DBM feeding shotguns, so I'm SOL on that account. I've been meaning to satisfy my craving for a clunky Russian gun with a Vepr Super in 5.56, though, so I guess that's something.
>>
>>34841502
Yeah, rimfires so people can make tactical 10/22s. Real fun for all of about 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong I like .22lr but you're arguing semantics, real semi-autos, all the fun shit, is banned.
>>
>>34841556

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm more than happy to plink away with my .22lr guns. I just wish I could have my 6.5 Creedmore rifle in semi-auto, but for now bolt-action will do just fine.
>>
>>34840597
Shooting clubs here obviously do anything they can to get around the rules and let us have fun, there's a guy at my club has a magazine-feed shotgun. Shame he won't fucking shut up about it.
>>
>>34841961
>It doesn't bother me in the slightest
You know this attitude is the reason we got in the shit state that we are in now. How does it not bother you that we have no rights? How do you rationalise the shit that goes on here? Because people do and for the life of me I can't figure out how, but you can hear them defend it every single day and hardly a voice to the contrary.
>>
>>34841124
By 'just move to america', I mean if you can't beat them join them, i.e Move to America and get better gun liberties
>>
>>34840597
You can't "just move".

t. Brit in America
>>
Just move here. Im Scottish and I did so in 2006 and got my green card last year.

Granted, you don't "just move" here that easily, I came here as a minor so that's why it was easy for me to become a permanent resident.
>>
>>34840597
Gun license, stay here, its more comfy and less violent.
If you live in London get the fuck out of there though.

You could move to the isle of Mann though, or Northern Ireland, more fun things allowed there
>>
>>34842499
why would you move to yankland?
>>
>>34840597
Move to Canada fag
>>
>>34842869
>less violent
KEK, how are the mudslime refugees doing?
>>
>>34842880
Not him, but another Brit here; the jobs simply pay far FAR better in America than anywhere back home or in on the continent, and i'll be hard pressed to find anywhere in Britain as pleasant to live in as here in Big Sur, California. Why work in Manchester, Zurich, Frankfurt when a fresh college graduate in America earns a salary that an experienced worker in Europe could barely match? Yanks are literally throwing $80,000 to $105,000 at any stupid 22 year old who steps out of university with a Computer Engineering degree, and it only increases with experience.

It's actually scary just how many fellow Europeans there are working here in many of America's tech companies. many of whom say that the money was the primary reason why they waved Europe goodbye.There is a severely underdiscussed brain drain of Europe that has occurred as a result of our underpaying high tech sectors.
>>
>>34842987
whoawhoawhao, 60-80k sterling starting salary for a graduate?

>>34842946
Just stay in inner cities and get worshipped by the BBC, i never see any where i live and spend my time thank god.
>>
>>34843047
>whoawhoawhao, 60-80k sterling starting salary for a graduate?

Precisely. And Computer Engineering isn't even the field with the highest entry level graduate salaries (I believe it was Petroleum Engineering grads who could easily negotiate $150K salaries in their very first year of work).

Also, on the bit about louts and thugs; America is a giant country with thousands of towns and cities spread across millions of square miles. If you wish to avoid urban shit zones and the accompanying nigs, you very easily can.
>>
>>34843092
PROTIP: Engineers aren't even the highest paid first year earners in America. If you saw what even halfway-competent juniors at investment firms can make in Wall Street on their first year after school, you'd go insane.

t. a lowly IT worker in NYC
>>
>>34840597
Can you move to America? If you're a white heterossexual christian right wing man, then yes you should move. Otherwise get a shotgun license.
>>
>>34840828
God dammit, why does pol keep red pilling me?
>>
>>34840597
Well my Britbong patriot, if you move to PA, USA first pint is on me.
>>
>>34843092
Im going towards law for Finance , engineering is for the aspiring lower class, i have loads of connections in finance due to private school and parent's jobs so its basically straight into that.

But you say in America i can make that much starting out? The best i can hope to earn here is between 250-500,000 at peak with starting between 40-60 k and 100k after a year or two, what is it there?
>>
>>34843500
not him, but there are many possibilities in the worlds of both finance and law so you have to specify what your specialty will be.
>>
>>34840597
>licenses
you anglos make me laugh
you'll get into legal trouble if you use a gun on someone whether the gun's legal or not, so don't waste time on licenses
>>
>>34841556
Rimfire and shotgun semi-autos, then lever-release in whatever caliber you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RzQ-3viCbA

Stop being a faggot
>>
>>34840597
Just move. It will take time and money, but it will be worth it for the firearms rights alone, unless you have personal attachments too deep to sever.
>>
>>34844171
>but it will be worth it for the firearms rights alone
lol
>>
>>34843183
NZer here. moved to PA. Own a house & guns..Where's my pint?
>>
>>34840612

This. DC loves it's brownies.
>>
Depends where you go.
If you pick California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Washington DC, or Maryland, you're better off staying in England.
>>
>>34845419
>implying California is bad
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 309x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 309x321px
>>34846644
>>
>>34844124
You're being the faggot deluding yourself into think any of it is alright. Lever release? Gay as fuck. I hate to use the word but that is cuck shit, it's for poor retards who are denied what they actually want. Why the fuck people spend money pretending they have tactical rifles, dressing up straight pulls in MagPul shit and buying lever release and all the other work-arounds is beyond me. If you think UK gun law is in any way defensible then you need to get the fuck off /k/. The fact is loads of stuff is banned, shooting is restrictive as fuck because few people can actually just go out and shoot without being burdened by range rules or 'club' bullshit, there's ammo restrictions and lets not forget about licensing and variations. It's cuck gun law for a cuck nation.
>>
File: 1502154724054.gif (1MB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
1502154724054.gif
1MB, 218x218px
>>34846644
>the legendary double dubs of baiting
>>
>>34846644
California is possible worse than England. Slightly better gun law, worse weather (temps in excess of 70f should not exist), possibly even worse people. The only upside is if you can legally reside in Califaggia you can probabl haul ass out of there to another state and live somewhere god tier.
>>
>>34840597
If you're not intelligent enough to look up firearm & shotgun laws in the UK, then you're certainly not intelligent enough to be accepted to emigrate to the USA.
>>
Come here. Pick a good state, not CA, CT, MD, NY, MA, or MD.
>>
>>34840597
Sorry, we only want low iq brown subhumans with no skills that just suck up welfare and vote for more gibz.
>>
>>34843148
Good news for me then
>>
>>34845419
I was thinking tenesee, kentucky or texas, maybe one of the midwest states.
>>
>>34847099
>worse weather than england
Haha, no. Rains 80% of the time, way too hot the other 20%.
>>
File: 1476760409557.jpg (65KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1476760409557.jpg
65KB, 1024x684px
>>34844124
>lever-release in whatever caliber you want.
Oh wow, aren't you guys lucky. Kek stfu faggot.
>>
>>34847858
>Rains 80% of the time,
That's Wales. It's more like 40% rain, 40% -2c to 15c, 20% too hot 15c to 30c.
>>
>>34843521
Equity sales maybe but i havent really decided on a special field yet
>>
I was thinking of moving to the Isle of Man. Laws are stricter for crossbows and air rifles, but more relaxed for firearms in general. You can still own semi autos (even pistols I believe), no references requirement and for "good reason" you can simply put "target practice" without having to be a club member (though it helps).
>>
>>34846992
#triggered
>>
>>34848459
Sorry, I don't speak millenial. Could you structure your opinion in the form of an argument against my post or do you want to continue in the same vein and tell me about how your dad is could beat up my dad?
>>
>>34840597
>or just move to America?
Maybe check to see if you're eligible to move to America first.
>>
>>34848628
#newfag
>>
>>34848663
0/10
>>
What up cucky brexit aint workin out for you dumbfucks?;D
>>
>>34840597
Move to the US. Chicks dig foreign accents. Stay away from California and NY though. Actually, just stay away from the coasts. Overrated and expensive.
>>
>>34840853
Can you explain why a gun license in Gibraltar would be good. I mean you kind of need land to go shooting of which Gibraltar has zilch.
>>
>>34848826
Anything that isn't fully auto is legal, there are ranges everywhere, 3 alone down Europa road
>>
>>34840597
As you've been told already, it isn't as simple as "just moving" to the US, unless you're brown and able to swim across a river.

Your easiest path here is probably to move to Canada, then to the US. I'd imagine commonwealth nations have relatively free travel between them, and once you're in Canada you can try and work for a company that also has offices in the US, then transfer here.

It's either that or find a grill here to marry you into the country.

I don't imagine Iowa would be very high up on your list of states to move to unless you have a corn fetish, but if you do end up here I'll also extend the "first pint on US soil is on me" offer to you.
>>
>>34842491
see >>34841476
>>
>>34848847
What are the best places to go to on Canada? Job-wise and innawoods-wise.
Also, not that familiar with canadian gun laws, what are they like over there? Can't be any worse than here.
>>
>>34848784
I voted for brexit m8, I just wanna shoot stuff and get away from all the bloody Muslims coming in.
>>
>>34848932
>voted for brexit

Spotted the retard
>>
>>34848784
What the fuck do you think Brexit was? It wasn't a vote to make them America 2.0, all it did was get them out from under the thumb of the EU. The bongs still have plenty of battles to fight with their own government to get their rights back, but the majority of them don't want to and will happily sacrifice their rights for the illusion of safety.

>>34848928
Dunno, never been there. From what I understand of their gun laws it seems there are two types of permits you can get, one for non restricted guns and one for restricted ones, but I don't know what falls into each category. I do know they're limited in magazine capacity and have either no or virtually no way to legally concealed carry handguns though.

>>34848941
>I want to be a slave to two masters, not just one

Dumbass.
>>
>>34848950
>get out of eu
>privacy rights destroyed instantly while muslims still coming

Enjoy the right, cuck
>>
>>34848960
I'm not anywhere in Europe or the UK, faggot. You're delusional if you don't think the EU will have those same laws eventually. I never denied that the UK is cucked beyond belief, all I said is only having to fight one set of bureaucrats is better than two. If the bongs wake up right now they can stop the muslims from coming in. They couldn't do that under the EU even if they wanted to.

The whole continent is fucked anyway, which is why OP wants to move to the US, and desu if you value liberty thats really the only way to go at this point. The US is circling the drain too but we're much farther from the bottom than Europe is.
>>
>>34848979
>us
>liberty

Hahahaha no

Most muslims did not arrive in uk through eu btw
>>
>>34848979
Yeah, all of europe is fucked. Nobody can bear arms and I don't want to be stuck in a country like sweden is at the moment. We're already on a downward spiral and I want to get out of it as soon as possible. I love my country and all, proud to be English, but seriously, you don't know how bad it is over here.
>>
>>34849004
Alright, well at least I know for certain I'm just dealing with a retard here then.

As I said, we are far from perfect and are circling the drain ourselves, but we're at least a few decades farther away from getting flushed into the sewer completely. And we won't get put in jail for teaching a pug to make a nazi salute lol.

>>34849018
I feel for you, senpai. If you have a degree or are highly skilled there's a chance immigration to here might get easier for you soon- there's currently a proposed bill that would make our immigration policy sane again, and it uses a points based system that encourages bringing in skilled workers and their immediate family members only instead of prioritizing welfare leaches like our current law does.
>>
>>34849035
yoz are the sewer tho
>>
>>34840673
We should have kept this statue in France if it was to read such nonsense...
Or better yet, offer it to Israel.
>>
>>34840597

Depends what fun's you want? If you want pistols and semi auto's above 22LR calibre move.

I Am a fellow bong and have both a SGC and a FAC.
>>
>>34849205
It was put on the base of the statue years after it was actually built.

Besides, only retards and liberals think a poem on a statue is our actual immigration policy.
>>
>>34840612
kek
>>
>>34840597
>Remember, we can't even have Semi-Auto's in bongland.
Yes you can.
>>
File: John-Locke-painting-664x1024.jpg (152KB, 664x1024px) Image search: [Google]
John-Locke-painting-664x1024.jpg
152KB, 664x1024px
>>34840597
fellow bong here, stay and fight for your liberties, if what we hear about the coming generation is true we may be able to reverse this last century of regressive politics.
>>
>>34841476
I dont think we should be taking advice from decade old infographics with an obvious political agenda.
>>
>>34848841
Are they any good though? Are you ever allowed to use the outdoor one at Biffadero?
>>
>>34840597
Might be hard to get into clapistan, have you consisdered moving inside the EU? Czechs and Estonians have concealed carry, and other yurps can have semi-auto.
>>
File: texas.png (86KB, 2000x1952px) Image search: [Google]
texas.png
86KB, 2000x1952px
>>34840597
>living under the crown
>not accepting freedom
texas awaits you sir.
>>
>>34850274
When will you gain independence from a nation that is literally pulling you down
>>
>>34850274
what i want to know is how a former spanish colony came to be the best example of liberalism on the planet
>>
>>34841482
You can have that in the US too, probably easier than in Bongland as well.
>>
>>34840597
Moving to the US just for guns is the equal of moving to Japan for anime. You've got to have more motivation in order to up root yourself.

I would say get your FAC here, see how you like it, and then reappraise. If you really want pistols, you could just move the Isle of Man, then you wouldn't need to be a million miles from mummy and daddy.
>>
>there are Brits that would leave their homeland for the US

How can you leave your home so easily?
>>
>>34847895
Whatever calibre also includes tanks as long as they don't have an autoloader.
That's where the fun ends though.
>>
>>34851278
Well aside from guns, I've always had an admiration for America, diversity of place and people is something the britain lacks.
Doesn't help that, as a musician, there are more opportunities across the pond, especially for country. I play country and it's a tiny market compared to america.
There was an exhibition a while ago at the british museum about america (I know, Ironic), I went, got a leaflet that says 'America, land of the free, home of the brave'. I have it pinned on a board in my kitchen and I always look at it admiringly and how amazing america is as a country.
>>
>>34850282
lol
>>
Can't you have any caliber firearm as long as it's bolt action?

Get something in 50BMG and be satisfied that you can put a gaping hole in any attacker and the wall behind them.
>>
>>34851278
I'm >>34842987 and I moved for the money and the lifestyle opportunity. There is just something ineffably delightful about living in a vast country with so much geographical diversity and one full of getaways within it's own landmass. From the dazzling autumn leaf shed in New England to the snowcapped Rockies to canyons and bare desert of the Southwest, there is just so much to see in Yankland (and Canada*** too) that I couldn't even begin to describe it here. The one thing that I could never do back home is to truly explore and wander to an isolated, far off place since the entirety of our Island would fit neatly inside a distance that most Americans and Canadians consider a short road trip. We have few examples of eyecatching landscape, but ultimately, there isn't much about heath and widespread moorland that I find interesting, and it painfully pales in comparison to what the North Americans have been blessed with.

It's not only nature that I find attractive about America, but it's the one thing that immediately jumped into mind. I could go on for hours about the marvel of being able to find so much cultural diversity within the same country, let alone landmass. And also money: there is exponentially more business opportunity here than in the UK. Now, what ties this all together is the following; You could argue that there are some other equally large nations that offer everything that North America does, but I prefer America and Canada simply for the fact that

- it's not a "strange" place to me as an Anglo. They speak English (except for Georgians) and being in the Anglosphere, are part of the geocultural bloc of nations that any English expat could consider an "extended England"
- My own cultural laziness. I don't have to change a thing to fit in here. I literally feel at home anywhere in the Anglosphere whereas trips to France, BENELUX, Spain, Germany and other continental destinations leave me feeling like Europeans are an alien species
>>
>>34851743
If you use it for self defense, the court will say you weren't really in danger since you obviously had time to take the gun and ammunition out of two separate locked safes. If the attacker survives, you'll go to prison for longer than he will.
>>
>>34851774
Also to explain the asterisks next to Canada:
****Not to offend any leafs reading, but I habitually treat you as being just another part of the US since you share the same continent, speak the same language in a nearly identical accent, and are geographically continuous so might as bloody well be the same thing. No, I don't extend this to Mexico or Quebec for obvious reason you memelords.

I come across as a self-bashing Brit in that post above,but like any full-blooded Brit, I still get to maintain a small sense of smug superiority over everyone here by treating this country as a wildly successful geopolitical experiment of ours. Yes, we made America, not you Yankie Pankies :^)
>>
>>34840597
you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>34851817
The lower US states might as well be half-mexico.
>>
File: Rocky Mountain Park.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rocky Mountain Park.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34852002
Well, the Southwest was always Mexico, the Yanks simply bullied them out and took it by force but they've repopulated it.
>>
>>34851450
That's fucking beautiful, OP.

Godspeed.

If you come to Indiana, lemme know. I can't buy you alcohol, cause I'm on the wagon, but we should go shooting together.
>>
File: 1494007847491.png (696KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1494007847491.png
696KB, 1080x1920px
>>34851450
>diversity of place and people is something the britain lacks.
you got that right
>>
>>34851450
If you swallow that horseshit then you'll fit in well
>>
>>34851450
Holy fuck how depressing

I'm not sure if you're false flagging or you're literally this autistic
>>
File: 1497954950872.png (80KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1497954950872.png
80KB, 184x184px
NIfag here, how do i get a handgun?or any gun really. does it take long? should i even try?
>>
File: william it was really nothing.jpg (57KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
william it was really nothing.jpg
57KB, 500x750px
>>34852288
>>34852383
>>34852431
>Being this sour, angry, humiliated, and bitter that a fellow Brit wants to live somewhere other than the UK

Please stop, you're embarrassing the rest of us here now since you're making us all come across as fragile and ego-wounded crybabies. I love our country but will openly admit that it feels like a dour and sullen place most of the time. There is literally no shame in admitting that other countries have their lures.
>>
>>34852431
Fuck you, that's amazing. This is exactly the kind of people this country needs, anglophone, white and an admirer of American culture.
>>
>>34852506
>a fellow Brit
try again
>>
>>34852538
This. Perhaps, I'm not sure what cultural statement they're all trying to make by getting angry at someone for wanting to emigrate. It makes us look like a bunch of North Koreans getting angry at a defector. Seriously, disregard those three cunts. We are not a country of crabs in a barrel and I actually do wish OP the best
>>
>>34852506
Not at all, I just think the whole "land of the free, home of the brave" spiel is for complete suckers. Might be something 12 year olds and rednecks believe in, but not someone who doesn't have their head in the sand.
>>
>>34852693
>hyper cynical overly critical internet mindset is somehow not naive
Top lel
>>
>>34852708
The fuck you talking about?
>>
>>34848928
If you want good funs you'd be better off in a non coastal US state. Canadian gun laws are meh tbqh, but better than California/New York at times.
>>
>>34852693
Again m8, your post just radiates an inferiority complex. You sound like you have the largest chip on your shoulder towards a foreign country full of people who care little about foreign opinion.

The one thing I really do detest about home is that sad complex a lot of Brits have about Americans. It'd be much easier if you just ignored them but I have to admit I've realized that a lot of Europeans, both Brits and continentals feel a need to prove something to Americans in a manner that seems needy.
>>
>>34841476
Whys it so fucking difficult whilst at the same time they let in about 3 million spics per year to fucking pick strawberries at minimum wage.

It doesn't take 6 fucking years to write down my name on a spreadsheet somewhere and send me their shitty "congrats youre a citizen" brochure
>>
>>34852951
>they let in about 3 million spics per year

That is a lie.
>>
>>34852444
Why not? Gun ownership is easy in the UK. Ignore the memekings in here please
>>
>>34851278
>How can you leave your home so easily?
Basically it's not my home. If your homeland was an overpopulated, urbanised island whose people, institutions and especially government espoused beliefs, enacted laws, and generally ran the whole place in a way that made it the antithesis of your own values of freedom, individualism, personal responsibility and inalienable natural rights would you be patriotic or even like your country? The way I see it liking this country would be the same as liking some big rotten fatass who raped your hoop.

People who are patriotic for no other reason than they're born somewhere confuse me, I don't consider myself to belong to any society or country and if I ever chose to attached myself to one there would need to be good reasons provided by that country to do so. I can understand why Americans who actually know, value and are thankful for the benifits provided to them by their country being the way it is are patriotic, but not the blindly patriotic.
>>
>>34857067
>People who are patriotic for no other reason than they're born somewhere confuse me
What?
>I don't consider myself to belong to any society or country
Oh, it all makes sense now

You're just retarded
>>
>>34854842

Agreed. Had my SGC less than a year and got granted my FAC no problem and all the guns i asked for.
>>
>>34841556
>Anon A: You can't have 'X'
>Anon B: You can have 'X', I have several.
>Well, I really meant my own special definition of 'X', not what the Oxford English dictionary and most people with two brain cells run together know it means, stop arguing semantics.
How about you hurry up and move, we have enough stupid people in the UK already.
>>
>>34842057
>Guns are a right
In the US maybe, because it's written into law, you don't live in the US, ergo it's not a right. Shut up.
>>
>>34857211
Yeah, we don't have the right to guns. i.e. we have no (gun) rights. IN fact if you take a look there's a lot of rights we don't have. You have no basic comprehension. This shithole of a country is full of people who want better but will take no criticism of it, you see it all the time when someone points out a defensible and logical criticism of the UK loads of rabid mouthbreathers will jump to its defence despite the fact that reason and logic aren't on their side. I honestly don't understand your mindset at all. You're defending UK gunlaw, you know that right? Just fuck off /k/, I bet you don't even own guns.
>>
File: 1390264337443.jpg (56KB, 517x656px) Image search: [Google]
1390264337443.jpg
56KB, 517x656px
>>34851450
Honestly its nice to hear someone talk good about the United States online. Its got its problem but in the few countries Ive visited its the least terrible. Hope everything works out for you man
>>
>all the bootyflustered Brits in here unironically defending our severly restricted gun ownership as a thing to be proud of

One of those threads in which I find myself agreeing with the Yanks and hating my own compatriots. How thoroughly cucked have we become?
>>
>>34857654
This. That level of nonsensical rationalising of all our national flaws just to defend against criticism is the sort of behaviour I normally ridicule Indians for, and find astonishing the fact that it's now happening among us. As some poster said above, the problem is that most of us will hold our rather delicate national ego and pride over reason.
>>
>>34859882
Yeah, it's part of the national character now. The people of the UK are why the situation is hopeless. It's high time to abandon ship.
>>
>>34859826
Whom's't'd are you quoting?
>>
>>34860839
No one. I'm just pointing out the ignominy of getting emotionally hurt merely because another Brit dared express their wish to move away from here.
>>
>>34850303
The Anglos mayne
>>
>>34860965
>Look at all these asshurt people!
who
>nobody

wow yeah really made me think, fucknugget
>>
>>34861078
>I am illiterate: The post

I can't make the braindead think, you faggot gobshite
>>
>>34840597

MOVE!
>>
>>34857188
Meanwhile in America
>turn 18
>go to Walmart
>fill out form promising you're a good goy who's not addicted to drugs and not buying guns for felons
>wait for employee to punch in your info into a computer
>take fun home same day
>>
>>34857211
>It's not written into law
>This is what Brits are actually taught
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_of_Rights_1689

Your right to bear arms is even more explicit than our own m8.
>>
>>34857211
>being "granted" natural rights by law
>thinking that this is reasonable
"Cuck" is overused, but in this case there's no other word
>>
>>34860235
>Brits get frustrated
>Leave UK for US
>Make America Anglo Again
>>
>>34847852
You come to Tennessee, I'll buy you a beer.
>>
>>34847852
I currently live in Kentucky.

Brits would be welcomed in Kentucky and Tennessee.

As long as you don't speak scouse, white women will dig your accent.
>>
>>34861868
>Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their conditions and as allowed by law
I assume this is what you are talking about?
For one, very few protestants in England, mostly CofE, fair fre catholics, baptists, etc. The point is that the leading religion isn't protestantism.

Anyway, it also says
>as allowed by law
And when current law requires two permits, which are still brutally limiting mind you, realistic 'defense' is out of the question.
>>
>>34861934
>>34861958
>>34840673
>>34843183
>>34848847
America is seeming more attractive by the second...
By now I've basically decided that at the first possible opportunity I'm moving to Canada (easier than moving America), get a job offer across the border, move down south.
I do love the states though.
>>
>>34861980
Protestants were the only ones being disarmed m80, which was seen as a violation of their basic right to defend themselves.

The operative word in the sentence is "defence", British gun owners are not allowed to own firearms for anything aside from sport and recreation, which I agree are not a right, but self-defense is perhaps the most fundamental human right of them all and you have been stripped of nearly every practical means of exercising it.
>>
>>34861958
>white women will dig your accent.
> be british
> this happens everywhere
Not OP but i'm from essex and we have deep pitched accents and use the word mate

Happens all the time with americans
> Hi
> Hi.
> OMG i Love your accent!
> Thanks
Works every time, i make it a habit to go to the US for 2 weeks every damn year.

>>34861980
What are you on about?
Scotland, and England & wales have been predominantly protestant for nearly 500 years, and is still the predominant faith in the UK.

>>34862040
>not allowed to own firearms for anything aside from sport and recreation, which I agree are not a right, but self-defense is perhaps the most fundamental human right of them all and you have been stripped of nearly every practical means of exercising it.
Unless you get a section 5 for Defence of strategic Places or persons, or section 7.1 and 7.3 for collectors.

7.1 and 7.3 are easier than most people think.
>>
>>34862049
Are you seriously trying to argue that the intention of that paragraph was to allow Protestants to take up arms to defend the King and his property? (Ie. Strategic person and places)

It's very fucking clearly supposed to stop the King from restricting the use of arms in the country to those in service to the crown, so that your average Englishman (whether he be Protestant or not) could reasonably defend themselves and their families if need be.
>>
>>34862089
And, protestant or not, with current gun laws protecting your house with a potato isn't aparticularly effect method.

Sorry, No, a potato would be more effective than 22lr
>>
>>34862089
Strategic person and places applies to modern times.

The idea of allowing protestants having weapons is because catholics were the enemy in the previous 9 civil wars (over 12 years). And to stop Catholic Jacobite rebellion at the time who were in opposition to the removal of the house of stuart (who had defected to catholicism) with the dutch house of Nassau (who were staunch Protestants)

There were a number of benefits given to protestants at this time including lowered taxes as a bonus to conversion.
>>
>>34862160
My direct ancestor helped to lead the jacobite rebellion, the protestants were absolute cunts to the loyalists of Ireland.
>>
>>34862277
> Slaughter entire protestant churches for being heretics
> Do not expect a for like retaliation.

Tell me why do you think the Anglo-Scottish armies were in ireland at the start of the first english civil war?

The Jacobites were just as bad, but this lead to the creation of the black watches.

The Jacobites were nothing but pawns of the french. unlike the covenanters or Parliamentarians who were fighting for the freedom of all of the kingdoms, and would eventually lead to non selective suffrage and the integration of Democracy in the uk and thus the world...
>>
>>34862327
>Democracy in the uk
In what would eventually be the UK
>>
File: 76634523.jpg (56KB, 741x486px) Image search: [Google]
76634523.jpg
56KB, 741x486px
>>34840597
It baffles me how the UK and Australia have become so fucking neutered when it comes to firearms. Where did they go wrong? How did Americans manage to get it so right? I would consider moving to England but I have an arsenal that's irreplaceable thus making it an impossibility. So fuck em.
>>
>>34862425
Wait, what country are you from?
>>
>>34862425
If the entire US was as densely populated as your coastlines are, you wouldn't have firearms either.
>>
File: 1502330528499.jpg (61KB, 538x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502330528499.jpg
61KB, 538x500px
>Bong here, Should I get a firearm and shotgun license, or just move to America?
>or just move to America?
>move to America?

We are not letting you in Ahmed
>>
>>34862699
Do you really believe that's a valid excuse?
>>
>>34862722
Yes?
Americans are so ready to defend themselves as exceptional when people from other countries criticise them. How come you're so reluctant to admit that American solutions won't work in other countries from time to time?
Culturally and practically, the sudden introduction of mass firearm ownership to current-day Britain would be an absolute fuckfest. I say this as a Britbong who desires nothing in life more than a collection of guns and the ability to use them (on paper and two-liters).
>>
>>34862699
Yes we would, just only in the hands of criminals who are going to ignore any and all legislation put forward.
>>
>>34862722
A simple reason is not an "excuse". Try telling me your gun rights are the same in NY, i'll wait.
>>
>>34859882
This, and it is powerfully discouraging as an aspiring gun owner living here.
>>
>>34840673
Do not fucking go to Shitcago OP, go somewhere down South. You'll pull major country girl ass with your accent, Texas is recommended.
>>
>>34850014
>ad hominem

>>34852951
Well you're wrong, but to answer your question it's because the government wants cheap, plentiful food so people don't starve. Or it did anyway, this year's harvest is looking to be a nightmare thanks to Donnie T.
>>
>>34863587
>ad hominem
but its not, data changes
>>
>>34863628
The law really hasn't.
>>
u can get 22 semi auto licences in bongland
>>
also can own most guns in ni no problem
>>
>>34862709
Nah m8, I'm an actual bong not one of these sandniggers.
>>
>>34865221
Oh fucking wonderful.
As somebody who likes history, I'd rather have, I dunno, guns with historical value, not a semi auto.22. Not really the same thing, is it.
>>
>>34840597
If you are going to vote Democrat, you aren't wanted. Move to Canada instead.
>>
>>34862425
some kids got shot so we banned everything.

you can hazguns here, tl'dr join the freemasons.
>>
>>34869391
If you mean Lib Dem, I voted UKIP
>>
>>34870279
He means if you are going to vote for the Democrats when you move to the US, don't bother coming
>>
>>34840597
evacuate bongland
recall that you're under a police state with cameras up your ass 24/7
>>
>>34872438
How does it feel so be cripplingly out of touch with reality?
>>
OP, why not both?

Moving stateside wouldn't be a fast process, getting started shooting in the UK would mean you could hit the ground running when you got to the US.
>>
>>34844321
Not PA OP, but if you're near Delaware - I'm buying first round.
>>
>>34873036
Not really. Have to give everything up when moving to the US, and you aren't permitted to own firearms for some time.
>>
>>34840597
Firearm laws vary from state to state. On the east coast - NY/NJ/MD are bad, PA/DE/VA are (relatively) good. If you want the fun stuff, aim for TX.
>>
>>34840597
I wouldn't dream of moving out of my country, but if you decide to come to Colorado I'll have a beer with you any day. That is, if you are a cool dude and respect the US constitution.
>>
Another brit here who is also curious, how difficult is it to try and move to America?

Someone on /int/ told me that my fastest option would to apply to American universities, have my student Visa approved, and then once I've spent 4 or 5 years in America and have a job there, I may then ask the government to begin the process of naturalizing me. How right was he?

Also, are Stanford, Caltech and Berkeley that hard to get into? I'm eyeing your more elite institutions in California and after preliminary research, it's beginning to look as if these schools only accept the brightest and most autistic of nerds in America.

>>34842987
Seeing that I wish to work in the tech industry but dont want the abysmal wages European companies pay, I think that California is an inevitable destination for me too.
>>
>>34874458
>Someone on /int/ told me that my fastest option would to apply to American universities, have my student Visa approved, and then once I've spent 4 or 5 years in America and have a job there, I may then ask the government to begin the process of naturalizing me. How right was he?

He's talking about the H1-B non-immigrant work visa, a temporary employment visa that can be used to apply for a Green Card. The problem is that the H1-B is capped at 85,000 a year, and every single year, more than a million people apply for these visas. Just filling in the paperwork and submitting the fees in a timely manner won't cut it. Neither will working in a STEM field expedite the process. It's all down to pure luck.

Source: Me, a Chinese graduate trying and failing three times to get an H1-B to work at Pfizer as a bio lab tech
>>
>>34874617
Really? Cause I found something called J-1 Visa and that seems to match what he mentioned. Isn't the H1-B primarily for employees and no one else?
>>
>Gun rights so bad you actually consider changing countries for that very reason
im not even a burger but that has to be the funniest thing ive seen on /k/
>>
I'm Australian and having the exact same thought
>>
>>34876704
It's not just the guns though, typically the countries that have aboslute shit gunlaw also have huge problems like being socialist shitholes and having all sorts of undesirable laws.
>>
>>34847099
I was going to reccomend texas but then you bitched about 70 and remembered the 90f+ with 60% humidity and thought against it
>>
>>34872410
Oh. I'd be voting republican.
>>
>>34877543
This. Britain has all sorts of dodgy laws, let alone social tensions and the daily threat of being bombed.

Knife laws are also cucked in the UK too, if you didn't know. You're only allowed to carry a folding knife with a blade less than or equal to 3", E.g Swiss Army Knife, in public, so you can't even carry a leatherman legally. I still do, but it's not legal, and I might go to court if a bobby picks up.
>>
>>34861958
>aslong as you don't speak scouse
Guess thats me fucked
>>
>>34877699
>daily threat of being bombed.
So you want to move to a country, where the threat of being shot, stabbed, run over, and actually bombed is significantly more?

lol fuck off you falseflagging autist
>>
>>34861958
Are yorkshire accents welcome
>>
>>34876704
This kek
>>
>>34846992
Fuck the club bullshit.
>>
>>34877961
>omigawd stacey that new guy from bri-tann must have such a sexy accent, lets go talk to him
>EY UP LOVE, NOW THEN NOW THEN, PUT KETTLE ON LASS.
>>
>just move to america

if only it were that easy m8... I'd move at the drop of a hat if I could, hate this country, but unfortunately if you're not from some third world shit hole they don't want you
>>
>>34878637
Kek
>>
>>34878637
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4tD2Hbg_A
>>
>>34849928
This, we complain that Syrians should have left to fight for their country and now we see Brits fleeing the UK (which obviously isn't as bad as Syria).

Don't forget that UKIP got 4 million votes and people voted for brexit.
>>
File: 1496926608856.jpg (115KB, 960x645px) Image search: [Google]
1496926608856.jpg
115KB, 960x645px
>>34852444
I'm NI too, where you live? There's plenty of gun clubs about
>>
>>34881282
>>34849928
I know but frankly, the US is an already made option and I don't wish to waste my youth fighting the cancer. Also like >>34851774
said, America is an instantly attractive option as there is zero cultural adjustment needed.
>>
File: 1488720469710.png (892KB, 620x930px) Image search: [Google]
1488720469710.png
892KB, 620x930px
>>34881548
Will Americans even want a cuck like you? They'll ask you why you moved and you'll have to explain you hate your people and country (which they won't appreciate. I hope there isn't many people in Britian like you or else we truely are fucked.
>>
>>34882034
The people here don't all 'hate' their countries. I personally love England, was thinking about how much I would realistically miss it if I did move, and I came to the conclusion that I would miss this small island a whole fucking lot, America is just a more attractive place than England.
Sure, no one place in America will ever be the same as England, but better job opportunities, better rights, better weather, or at least more choice on weather other than wet and miserable like most of Britain, better landscape in my opinion, as well as more variety in landscape.
As Anon said, hardly any cultural difference between the two, no language barrier, and the above advantages seem really bloody appealing to a lot of people stuck here.

Also, the picture of the queen you posted doesn't really mean much, I think the royals are all tossers and we should get rid of them. God bless America!
>>
>>34877699
Plenty of Leathermans have a sub 3" blade.
>Daily threat of being bombed
lmao
>>
>>34882557
I carry a Surge, 3.1" Blade.
>>
>>34882034
If some brit said they moved here because guns I wouldn't give to shits about what he thinks of his contrymen.
>>
We don't want any nonAmericans here especially not former enemies
>>
>>34882034
>would America want a cuck
According to /int/ memes, yes
>>
>>34881328
>where do you live
West belfast, i dont think anyone trusts us with car keys nevermind a gun
>>
>>34883448
Lel
>>
Move to Canada instead my anglo friend. America is filled with uncultured barbarians, our domestic beer is terrible, our major cities are too violent, and the weather is too hot. Trudeau won't be in office there forever. I want to move, but my career keeps me in the US.
>>
File: 1500610824060.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500610824060.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>34881282
>>34881548
its not going to be easy, thats for sure, but what kind of coward flees from his home and abandons the best of his traditions to those who would undo them?

if were going to fix this shit for good though, were basically going to need to upheave our entire political establishment, because not one of the three parties is really interested in securing individual liberty. barring some kind of british republican movement, were going to need to bring pre-1930s liberalism back from the dead somehow and infuse it with a good bit of hayekian neoliberalism to provide a means of effectively opposing the socialists and tories alike.
>>
>>34882571
So you're just a cretin that thinks carrying an extra .1" of knife is worth violating the law. Thanks for clearing that up, not that it was ever really in question.
>>
>>34882519
>I really would miss ghana, I'm just thinking about how much better the benefits in Germany would be

I really hope you leave, if you want to get rid of the only thing keeping the commonwealth together and the only political influence interested in the British people then you should have no place in the UK. You should burn your passport once you leave
>>
File: 1493320348617.png (96KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
1493320348617.png
96KB, 363x475px
>this whole thread
Anglos, why are you all so pained by the thought of someone leaving your country? As a German, our biggest emigration destination is the USA and this doesn't bother me even in the slightest as I don't take it as a jab at our national pride. Yet this thread reveals a threatened defensiveness on your part and I'd appreciate it if you explained it.

When 60% of a thread on /k/ isn't about gun rights and is about scolding your own countrymen for looking outwards for greener pastures, there is something wrong with your national psyche
>>
>>34884337
I agree fully, but I'm an anchorbaby from a large family of immigrants. I'm sure people with deep ancestral ties to a land have a harder time understanding emigration. It's surely Britain's fault that other anglos feel this way, since only aboriginal people have deep ancestral ties to Australia or America
>>
>>34884337
>As a German
theres your problem

it has nothing to do with our sense of pride, mine remains unperturbed by his desire to leave, and everything to do with his, and anglo ideas of nationalism.
>>
>>34884740
Not the german anon but I have no idea what you just said and would like clarification
>>
>>34884732
ever read lockes second treatise? its that concept of commonwealth, a common stake in a shared land, and anglo concepts of duty to our fellow mans liberty that i believe causes this. to run from our national problems is to leave your fellow countryman with one less man who would defend his liberties, its almost a forsaking of duty.

>>34884755
see above. theres also hobbesian ideas of nationalism which i hear are more of a collevtivist view, but leviathan is fucking huge and ive not made significant progress into it yet. in essence it all boils down to commonwealth.
>>
File: 1429999396003.jpg (19KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1429999396003.jpg
19KB, 454x453px
>>34884779
Yours is the most corrupt and warped interpretation of Locke's work that I have ever come across.

>theres also hobbesian ideas of nationalism which i hear are more of a collevtivist view
>but leviathan is fucking huge and ive not made significant progress into it yet.
>and ive not made significant progress into it yet
>in essence it all boils down to commonwealth.

Have you even read Hobbes? Of course, leave it to /k/ to be vociferously in support of something barely understood and poorly read. We really do need to have a rule here against half-baked pseudo-intellectualism like this.

That faggot doesn't speak for all of us Brits so please dismiss his nonsense.
>>
>>34884886
sorry, i should have made it clear that i was talking about a concept from his second treatise on government that i thought helped explain this situation, not saying lockes second treatise basically boils down to commonwealth.

>Have you even read Hobbes?
not yet, im 60 pages into the foreward of my copy of leviathan, but ive relegated that one to be read after ive finished some harder to find books i borrowed from uni, because due dates.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.