[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a good youtube channel for learning more about guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: fps-russia-kyle-myers.jpg (104KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
fps-russia-kyle-myers.jpg
104KB, 960x720px
Is there a good youtube channel for learning more about guns? How they work, their specific histories, terms and differences and ammo explanation?

I don't want to see pic related shooting the biggest guns ever. I want a channel that explains and educates.
>>
>>34839336
You mean *besides* Hickok45 and ForgottenWeapons?
>>
>>34839336
Honestly, Wikipedia is a pretty good resource. IMFDB is great too. I don't really know any gun channels you haven't already heard of (hickok45, ponytail faggot, etc.)
>>
I just sort of picked things up hanging around /k/
>>
Forgotten weapons obviously
Hickok for basic shit, not very in depth but very accessible
Chris Bartocci, if you ignore literally all content not related to AR15s
Mishaco for FALs
C&Rsenal for old old stuff
Thats about it. Youtube is great for boom and flash, but shit for academic content.
>>
Forgotten weapons for history and how they work
Paul Harrell for practical use, and explanations. He's got a good video about ammo designation.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 302x167px
>>34839336
Forgotten Weapons and Hickok45....I think we all can agree to this.
>>
BritishMuzzleLoaders is an excellent source for anything regarding British militaria.
C&Rsenal has a dizzying amount of information on most of the rifles and handguns used in WW1.
>>
>>34839380
I don't tell people to NOT watch hickok but I got tired of his video style after about a month so I unsubbed and completely abandoned him.

I subscribe to:

forgotten weapons (watch every video)
in range (watch some, but I just don't care about the competitions they go to)
IV8888 (watch some)
MAC (watch most)
AKOU (watch all)
Lifesizepotato (watch all, but is either a dead channel or on hiatus)
The Ammo Channel (very much a dead channel but I'll never give up hope that he comes back)
>>
>>34839416
>got tired of his video style after about a month so I unsubbed and completely abandoned him.
this DESU. hes great if you're first getting into firearms, but if you're in deep then there's really nothing of value to be had from his videos apart from the whole surrogate grandad meme
>>
>>34839462
I figured I'd get massive amounts of hate for that statement.
>>
>>34839336
I doubt you'll find much in the way of a centralised depository containing all that information.

scan the popular channels for specific things, widen the net if they don't have what you need (but take everything with a grain of salt, you do know how youtubers make an income). Get the do/k/ument for a bunch of manuals and how-to's. download World of Guns for that old school interactive encyclopedia feeling.
>>
>>34839336
Gunblue490 is pretty good if you have 2 hours to spare
>>
>>34839530
Only by no guns and day kay.
>>
Mishaco

https://www.youtube.com/user/plinking101
>>
File: mfwbeyoncewtf.jpg (69KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
mfwbeyoncewtf.jpg
69KB, 600x358px
>>34839783
Misha is a great fellow. I only subscribed to him a few months ago and I've been real happy with his content.
>mfw that guy in the comments asked him why he wears sunglasses.
he though misha was trying to be cool or something.
>>
>>34839462
that channel was great when I was deciding on my first pistol, now I watch him shoot for about 5 minutes and listen to what he thinks for about 3 minutes at the table and close it. He's a pretty decent litmus test for if a firearm has serious problems or not and he won't lie about it. He shit all over the Bond Arms Texan they sent him with his name engraved on it.

This is a good old site for indexing and explaining the development of firearms by some Russian guy. He explains the development histories of the ones he likes.
http://modernfirearms.net/
>>
File: 1474805272297.png (606KB, 650x765px) Image search: [Google]
1474805272297.png
606KB, 650x765px
>>34839801
>the white cane in the intro
Yeah. My friend is going blind and he owned a gun shop for a few years. He still shoots but when he holds up pistols with fiber sights he says he can't even tell what color they are. He has a really bright green laser on his Glock that seems to help him.
>>
>>34839336
Yankee Marshall
TFBTV
Tactical Response
Range Time TS
Nutnfancy
>>
File: he-s-wrong-you-know.png (301KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
he-s-wrong-you-know.png
301KB, 600x700px
>>
File: youshh.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
youshh.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>34839949
>>
>>34839344
>>34839352
This is the basic. IMFDB initially just seems for identification, but there's a lot of comprehensive, in-depth information and documentation that's hard to find gathered anywhere else. Plus, it does help develop autistic-level firearms identification skills, which is fun.

But those are the baseline. There's a couple other channels listed around here that are good. I forget the channel name, but there's one where these guys load tons of custom shotgun shells and test them, which is informative in a experimentation "I didn't know you could fire that out of a shotgun" way.

Steve1989MREInfo isn't necessarily firearms, but it's within the board's general interest and is informative. As you can guess from the title, it's about old and foreign military rations and their history.
>>
>>34839362
>Forgetting britishmuzzleloader
Shame.
>>
>>34839336
If you really want to learn the extreme details and basics check out GunBlue490. Old head who knows a shit ton about guns.
https://youtu.be/rZZOE_pzjLA
>>
File: Don't fuck with paul.jpg (163KB, 751x244px) Image search: [Google]
Don't fuck with paul.jpg
163KB, 751x244px
>>34839336

Paul Harrel

>Absolutely professional
>Knows his shit
>Speaks clearly and understandably
>Actually killed in a guy who tried to run over his wife
He has some excellent videos on terms, differences between various ammunition/firearms, home defense and all kinds of helpful stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6QH13V2o68zynSa0hZy9uQ
>>
>>34839336
Unremembered Guns
>>
>>34840410
>Paul Harrel
I like his sense of humor. Incredibly dry.
>>
>>34839336

Hickok45 is alright. But 80% of the time he needs to shut up and shoot.
>>
N U T N F A N C Y
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.