[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a bunch of these.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: g3mag.jpg (40KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
g3mag.jpg
40KB, 1000x1000px
But no rifle yet. Are there any platforms that are not the G3/CETME/PTR that fit G3 mags? Maybe a .308 bolt action? Something that isn't going to slam and wear itself apart in a couple of years.
>>
>>34838834
Get a ptr
>>
>>34838858

/thread
>>
>>34838834
No, get that g3 you nigger.
Also g3>fal
fal niggers need no apply.
>>
>>34838834
>Something that isn't going to slam and wear itself apart in a couple of years.
Are you trying to imply that G3 rifles break themselves apart? There have been RR transferable G3s magdumping since 86 with no issues.
>>
>>34838870
Rollers, bolts, trunnions, buffers, even welded-in guide rods are all wear parts my dude. The G3 has a violent action. It can break. I want something reliable, and a manual rotating bolt would be ideal.
>>
>>34838897
The g3 is adequately reliable though for a semi

You could probably mod the mags to fit some boltgun
>>
I recall the Finns made an RK action rifle that took G3 mags. You wont find one in the states though, just get a PTR. It wont wear itself apart in a couple of years, but if that bothers you at least you know you can afford to replace it with another for literally just loose change.
>>
Does not PTR still do the lifetime replacement of everything?
>>
>>34838897
You wot m8.
There are wear items on every semi auto and bolt gun. A G3 is an overbuilt battle rifle designed for a military uses. You will shoot out the barrel in any firearm before you wear a guiderod out on a G3. NASA had an MP5 shoot over half a million rounds with basic maintenance. While the MP5 is obviously not a 308 firearm it goes to show the design limits on the MP5

Additionally if you can afford enough 308 to wear out a G3 you probably can afford spare parts/another G3
>>
Go with Centuries Arms. They have a 100% customer satisfaction rating and their reliability is top tier.
>>
>>34838834
>wear it self apart in a few years

Are civilian guns that crap? I have a G3 made in 1968 as my issue weapon that has been in constant use by dumb conscripts and it works perfectly if you just take care of it
>>
>>34838870
I could see maybe a C308 rattling apart, but that's Century shitcrafting to you.
>>
>>34838897
Christ.

Anyway, I think someone made an AR10 lower that took G3 mags some time ago, maybe go look for one of those.
>>
>>34838963
NO!
>>
>>34838968
No, I don't know where he'd really get that idea that they do.
>>
>>34838960
Why exactly is NASA of all agencies shooting half a million rounds through an MP5?
>>
>>34839159
>aluminum lowers
try again anon
>>
>>34839246
Ayyy lmaos arent immune to 9mm
>>
>>34839156
>Inb4 I bought a c308 and have shot literally tens of rounds (all I could afford) and it hasn't blown up yet!
>>
File: IMG_6309.jpg (85KB, 640x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6309.jpg
85KB, 640x485px
>>34838834
CMMG use to make a AR-10 that used G3 mags.
>>
>>34838897
That's wrong you double nigger
>>
>be me, not OP
>realize that at some point I WILL own a G3 clone
>start buying cheap mags
>cheap ammo
>old cool looking surplus stock
>parts kit here and there
>more mags
>more ammo

Holy shit I really need to just stop buying stuff for the G3 and actually buy the G3.
>>
>>34839645
I recommend you don't buy the C308, and instead buy a PTR91, alternatively a HK91 if you think it's honestly worth the money.
>>
>>34839874
>I recommend you don't buy the C308,
I absolutely will not buy one. Got really tempted when they were $499 recently, but fought off the urge.

>and instead buy a PTR91,
This is what I will buy.

>alternatively a HK91 if you think it's honestly worth the money.
I wish I could afford one, but sadly I can't.

Thanks for the advice.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.