[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front serrations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: g19fs.png (48KB, 387x294px) Image search: [Google]
g19fs.png
48KB, 387x294px
Why do people put such a fuss over front cocking serrations? Press checks are always brought up, and even as dumb rare as I think those should be, I can do them just as easily with the standard rear serrations.
>>
Don't you want to shoot your finger tips off?
>>
>>34838873
I really do, but those front serrations get in the way.
>>
>>34838831
I like them for aesthetics reasons, but depends on the gun and how they are made, the ones in the summer glocks i'm not a big fan of, but for practical use? meh
>>
>>34838892
I concur
>>
Front serrations are retarded. If any part needs serrations it's the middle of the slide where all the lettering is at. Rear serrations are essential tier, middle serrations would be sometimes helpful tier, and then finally front serrations are in the should never used ever tier.
>>
>>34838949
>You know I never thought about that, but I guess I could see it. Maybe I'm just so used to using the back of the slide. I think it might be good because I have a hard time locking the slide back on some of my more micro guns.
>>
Front serrations are just fucking ugly.
Not only do they serve no purpose (use the rear serrations you faggots), but they ruin the lines of a gun. Look at the USP45 and the newer HK45.
>>
>>34838978
That's how I feel. I thought I was in the minority, but the responses here tell me I'm not that autistic.
>>
>>34838985
It's fucking autism to have them standard in the first place. It would be like if rifle companies made a dramatic change the look of their rifles for C clamping instead of just letting tactical fags do it themselves.
>>
>>34838831
Because they apparently like putting their fingers near the muzzle.
>>
>>34838831
Can anyone explain why presschecking using front serrations became a thing? Why not use the rear serrations?
>>
>>34839017
That's half the reason I posted this. Watching YT or whatever, people make it seem like it's something that should have been as much of a pistol as a magazine release.
>>
>>34839017
It's supposed to return your support hand to a firing position faster but as >>34839031 points out it only needs to be used like once a day for most people, before leaving the door and maybe for clearing but in the previous example you probably should have fucking done it during the latter situation before you were planing to need to shoot someone.
>>
>>34839047
In a tactical sense, a press check isn't something done under stress. So being able to get your hand back to the ready position isn't a thing.
>>
>>34838831
Who the fuck and when the fuck would i ever use press checks? Is it an old SF meme to look cool? Most firearms you can see the brass through the slide at worst, loaded chamber indicator at best. If it has a hammer, and the hammer is locked I'm going to assume I left a round in the pipe or the hammer would be down.
>>
>>34839017
>>34839031
>>34839047
>>34839063
It's just easier to use the front of the gun leverage wise.

>>34839079
I frequently unload and load my guns at home, so I press check when I want to make sure they are loaded.
>>
>>34838831
I use the front to unload the chamber.
Bullet falls in palm of hand.
Serrations are okay but not neede
>>
>>34839079
>meme
>hammer fired
>>
>>34839085
I do this thing where I release the magazine but don't let it drop free, and then slowly pull back the slide. I rip out the magazine, and then catch the loose round through the well.
>>
>>34839081
Maybe stop playing hokey pokey with your bullets?
>>
>>34839102
I dry fire my home defense guns a lot.
>>
>>34839117
I do too, and leave a snap cap in and only use the rear to recharge the action. I never pull the slide too much or not enough.
>>
>>34839126
I don't even bother with snap caps.

I just check the chamber if I come back to my room sometimes to see if it's clear if I'm not ever sure but want it to be loaded. My glock currently has an RDS and no front serrations. When I used it without the RDS I would notice that I have finer control over my press check when using the front of the gun, but it's somewhat slippery. I now just press check and rack my slide by using the RMR. I've noticed on a slide profile like my hi power with the skinnier front that the bevel on the front of the slide is conducive to this same function. I press check because it's easier to do in the dark and more positive than trying to feel for the LCI on the extractor (which is a feature I do use sometimes, though). I then just hit the back of the slide after a press check.

>I never pull the slide too much
Is this even a thing?
>>
>>34839164
I had a CZ75b that I only dry fired about 300-500 times and started having malfunctions with it. I had also had it 'cajunized'. I talked to the guy and sent it back to them, and he said the firing pin was worn down. I thought before this that snap caps in centerfires was a meme.
>>
>>34839171
It isn't, my Winchester's breechface is slightly raised from me dryfiring it so many times.
>>
>>34839284
What isn't?
>>
>>34839322
Dry firing centerfires being bad for being a meme. though to be fair thec design is old with the firing pin is freefloating and heavy as shit so your mileage may vary
>>
>>34839347
I'd agree, I've done 500+ with AR's, glocks, MPs, and p226s, the only one I had an issue with was my CZ.
>>
File: baer custom 1911.jpg (74KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
baer custom 1911.jpg
74KB, 800x531px
>>34838831
I actually like how they look on a 1911
for practicality? Meh, Im not too keen on putting my hands near the barrel but I suppose in a worst case scenario where your strong hand is hurt or preoccupied its another thing to grab onto for a brass check
>>
>>34838831
Because glocks don't have them stock, so people can bring it up to pretend that their glock clone is more advanced and that glocks are outdated.
>>
>>34839456
I used the glock because it's recent, the meme is far older though
>>
File: 001.png (2MB, 1188x1174px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
2MB, 1188x1174px
Can somebody explain to me why you can't use the back serrations for a press check? It doesn't make any sense to me.
>>
>>34839171
>CZ

Found your problem.
>>
>2017
> Not making serrations in the fly with your teeth while operating
>>
>>34839529
Bullshit, according to 4chan and reddit, CZ's are the best guns you can buy.
>>
I like them. They help with hand-over racking pistols with really stiff springs or really shallow rear serrations. Shooting your fingers is a moot argument considering you should have your finger on the trigger and you are pulling the gun out of battery on a press check.

It seems like the Glock people are the ones that get upset about little shit like this or finger grooves or frame safeties or hooked trigger guards. There are thousand of these pistols on the market so just buy the one you want and stop crying about everything.
>>
>>34839770
what pistol has weak rear serrations but strong fronts?
>>
>>34838831
I do old school press checks and actually enjoy front cocking serrations. but vertical not slanted.
>>
>>34838831
I just use a finger over the rear sight.

Honestly, I think it is particularly silly on Glocks, as they have a very clear chamber indicator that is usable regardless of lighting.
>>
>>34839848
I'm glad I'm not the only person that does this. I never see it mentioned and wondered if I was a genius or a retard or a retard-genius.
>>
>>34839770
>hooked trigger guards

???
>>
>>34839869
Some people don't like the 'horn' on the bottom away edge of the trigger guard.
>>
>>34839867
Ehh. It may be dumb, but I feel cool and am way of the muzzle.
>>
>>34839939
At least the was I do it, I'd have to be cognizant of my muzzle not raising up when I do it, but otherwise seems so much better for press checking.
>>
>>34839826
several pistols have shiity serrations on both, it's just a better contact point on the front if you rack overhand

>>34839869
the flat front on the guard in the OP pic for example, they were popular back when people thought looping your support index finger over the trigger guard helped with recoil. People don't like them now because they're a snag point for CC pistols.
>>
>>34839982
>looping your support index finger over the trigger guard
Still popular with shooters; I hate it though
>snag point for CC pistols
No they aren't
>>
>Who the fuck and when the fuck would i ever use press checks?

I just use a clearing bucket instead.
>>
File: farmer-with-buckets-bhgbwf.jpg (82KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
farmer-with-buckets-bhgbwf.jpg
82KB, 640x434px
>>34840103
This guy's thinking 20 years future time
>>
File: g19.png (99KB, 387x294px) Image search: [Google]
g19.png
99KB, 387x294px
Why does stippling here always look so fucking bad and uneven? I have never seen stippling here look good.
>>
>>34840184
Stippling never looks good. I think it's because this spot has nothing else to draw the eye away from how bad stippling jobs look.
>>
>>34840184
Related, why do people stipple gen4 glocks? I've held gen3 and gen4 and they definitely fixed the slippery feel.
>>
File: QTX64a6_d.jpg (77KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
QTX64a6_d.jpg
77KB, 640x960px
>>34840211
Gotta stipplejob something.
>>
>>34840211
Lol, because they think it's too grippy.
>>
File: [visible confusion.webm (665KB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
[visible confusion.webm
665KB, 280x302px
>finally start to appreciate the clean,simple brutalist looks of glocks
>glock decides to stick a bunch of verticle cuts on front
t-thanks gaston
>>
>>34839086
>Thinks all pistols should be generic glock striker fire pistols.
>>
>>34840281
>thanks
its custom
>>
>>34838831
>press check
>rear
I felt I was too aggressive when using the rear I feel front gives me better control.
>>
>>34843152
https://us.glock.com/summer17
>>
>>34839543
>according to 4chan and reddit

Oh christ.
>>
>>34843304
Think he was being sarcastic, anon.
>>
>>34839171
>>34839529
>>34839543

No really (not that guy), CZ's will break their firing pin blocks more easily than other guns. It really is CZ.
>>
>>34843159

Yeah, I hate to agree, but as someone who has *enjoyed* the use of a handgun militarily, professionally and personally, I use the front for my rare press-checks and the rear for the ol' push and rack.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.