[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss guns that was hyped to hell but never hit its mark.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: heh.jpg (2MB, 2700x2658px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
2MB, 2700x2658px
You guys remember them, the Glock killers. The one that will surely give x-popular brand a run for its money. The gun everyone will be carrying. These guns were hyped as fuck but ended up along the wayside, forgotten by history.

Not saying they are bad guns, in fact most of the guns on this list except for the Beretta, Taurus and Remington piece of shit were quite good. Just for some reason they didn't catch on...

Feel free to add what you think should belong on this list.
>>
Why does /k/ hate Arex again?
>>
File: LH9-1.jpg (114KB, 681x504px) Image search: [Google]
LH9-1.jpg
114KB, 681x504px
>>34837975
Safety system is stupid, the slide release also decocks the gun, the trigger is garbage. Everything else copies Sigs.

Almost forgot pic related.
>>
File: big ass pos.jpg (69KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
big ass pos.jpg
69KB, 640x336px
>>34837939
i have no hope for pic related.
>>
>>34838012
Is that a 40mm glock?
>>
>>34837991
What if I didn't live in US, what if the P226 was twice the price of the Rex Zero 1, what if I didn't have to go through FIME to get mags and parts? Would that make it an OK gun in your opinion?

Also the slide release decocking the gun isn't bad.
>>
Question, while I notice some differences in the way different handguns feel, why do handguns get the super detail gucci minute detail treatment while everything else is 'get gud'?
>>
>>34838034
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>34837939
Most of these were obvious flops, like the single action Turkshit pistol that has a P99 style decocker in the slide but absolutely no purpose for such a device. The only one I'm genuinely surprised about is the seeming lack of adoption of the Beretta APX.

Also, you're retarded if you had even the slightest of hope that the Taurus Curve would be popular.

>>34837991
>Safety system is stupid,
I don't know. I think a lot of people could live with it, even though it blocks the slide serrations when engaged, and it's awkward/impossible to engage one-handed.

>the slide release also decocks the gun,
Watch Hickok45's video. Once you release the slide, you have to release the lever before it will enter decock mode.

>the trigger is garbage.
This was one of the other things I learned from Hickok45's video. Double action is supposed to be like 13 pounds.

>Everything else copies Sigs.
Except the double-sided magazine release (although I don't know why anybody would actually want this), full length frame/dust cover, and the fact that it's "MAC mud test approved," whatever that means.

>>34838012
Stop being retarded. There is no buzz about it right now because no one who has bought one has actually received it yet. The NFA process takes like 6 months.

>>34838034
I can't figure out what you're asking.
>>
>>34837939
Hardly anything on that list tried to hype itself up as a Glock killer though. If you want a real marketing fuckup, the P-10 is hard to beat since it's entire marketing was basically "Glock can suck or CZock".

The Apex tried for about five minutes, then Beretta realized it absolutely could not compete with SIG, Glock, or FN and went back to talking up the M9A3.
>>
>>34838034
Handgun shooting punishes mistakes more than shooting rifles, thus any small fuckups are magnified and having a handgun you're more comfortable with makes it a little easier.

But people are retards who blow it out of proportion. If you can't shoot a basic bitch glock, you can't shoot at all.
>muh grip angle meme
>>
>>34837991
The safety on the Arex is brilliant. It's actually a gun with a safety that someone who hates safeties can tolerate. As in it's nearly impossible to actuate inadvertently, is extremely tactile/apparent when it is activated and blends in almost seamlessly with the grip.
Plus there will be an aftermarket to restore it to the basic SIG manual of arms - no safety, decocker only w/ improved trigger (Honestly after finger fucking one the DA pull is worse than a P226, the SA is comparable in feel but slightly heavier)

Also the Arex is a full metal gun, it's not meant to compete with Glock's - but SIG's, Berettas, and CZ's

Moving on
>TP9SA
Without a doubt the worst Canik there is - stick with the SF or the DA/SA models - can't beat the price
>Kriss Sphinx
Competing with High end sig's and HK's
>Arsenal Strike One
Vaporware mostly. Cool concept

As a P226 owner who want(ed) a P229 I would an Arex compact any day over overpriced nu-sig
>>
>>34838042
>>34838059
Not that anon, but he's saying why are people so picky about pistols (muh grip angle, muh grip safety, muh marginally better trigger etc) yet don't give a flying fuck when they pick up an AK, AR or any other rifle.
>>
>>34838022
silencerco maxim 9
>>
>>34837939
The Arex and Sphinx were never designed to compete with Glock. They're both hammer-fired DA/SA pistols and they cater to people who want DA/SA.

Glock competitors would be the HK VP9, the Walther PPQ, the Steyr M, the S&W M&P, the FN 509, the SIG 320 (won US Army pistol trials over Glock), the Beretta APX, the CZ P10C, the Arsenal Strike One, etc.

That said, no gun will outsell the Glock in the near future. Glock managed to get a lot of police and army contracts during the 1980s/1990s and is therefore very widespread.

>>34837991
How is it stupid? It can be carried cock and locked or decocked. To decock the gun, press the decocker down, to lock/release the slide just push it up.
>>
>>34838074
People are pickey as fuck with rifles though, especially long range shooters and sport shooters.

that's a retarded question that has no bearing on reality.
>>
You got like 2 style of guns anymore, CZ style with a hammer or a glock like striker fire system. You kinda settle on the version you like and stick with it. Smiths flavor of striker fire pistol fits my hand well so I stick to them, just wish they offered a 10mm
>>
>TP9SA
Terrorism gun that decocks itself when infidels try to use it.

>Kriss Sphinx SDP
$1000 for a CZ clone that nobody really knows that much about is too much.

>Arex REX Zero
It's basically a counterfeit Sig, made by Southern Slavs. It lacks a certain authoritative market appeal, and instead has the slavshit stigma attached to it.

>Taurus The Curve
No one who saw this gun from the rear in comparison to something like a Taurus TCP would have been hyped about it.

>Arsenal Stryk
It was plagued with distribution issues for a long time after it was hyped. Additionally, the strange, likely uncomfortable "reinforcement bar" in the beavertail that wasn't on pre-production guns would have scared off some other people, like it did me.

>Beretta APX
Give it time. Beretta polymer pistols aren't hugely popular, but I have a feeling this will receive a boost as a result of a Black Friday rebate/sale, or some major police department adopting it.

>Remington R9
You mean R51. Nobody hyped the *RP9, but the R51 was hyped to shit and back by all the gun shills. However, like the Taurus, you would have been a dumbshit to think that Freedom Group Remington was capable of producing any new gun that wasn't shit.

>CZ P10c
I disagree. I'm seeing a lot of them show up on the local gun classifieds, which indicates people are buying them, at least.

I'll also add....
>Colt New 1903 Pocket Hammerless
I had the displeasure of handling one of these and it was such a piece of shit, I don't even know where to begin. Modern-day Colt deserves to go out of business for allowing those onto the market.

>Sig P225-A1
I don't even know why this gun exists. It's not a correct reproduction, it can't use old P225 magazines, it's not like the P225 size is very useful in a modern age of competitive concealed-carry pistols, either. I can only think that its niche is to fit people whose hands are just too small for the P229.
>>
>>34837991
The Lionheart LH9 had a big problem with pricing. Their Black Friday sale (two years in a row) was so far under the normal selling price, and the fact that you can get a DP51 for so much less than that, deterred a lot of new buyers. Nobody wants to learn a new manual of arms for such a premium price.
>>
>>34838177
It seems to sell well enough and no one wanted one that didn't already want one so I don't really see it as a failure. Just a really stupidly run business model.
>>
File: ArmsHunting13-77.jpg (1MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ArmsHunting13-77.jpg
1MB, 2250x1500px
>>34837939
Strizh or Strike One bombed because it was not adopted by Russia special force community
>>
>>34838194
It's an Italian gun, isn't it?
>>
File: Wol2PdFNXGM.jpg (167KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Wol2PdFNXGM.jpg
167KB, 1280x853px
>>34838209
designed by a Russian/Italian team

they was planed to open a factory in Russia if it was adopted

the Russian version was named Strizh
>>
File: Taurus_Curve_Review_F_2.jpg (57KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus_Curve_Review_F_2.jpg
57KB, 1000x500px
>>34837939
Taurus Curve
Pathetic display
>>
Where is the P320?
>>
File: 1502426756340.gif (1MB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1502426756340.gif
1MB, 480x336px
>>34838012

Nigger does that come stock with a loudencer?
>>
>>34837939
I had the TP9SF, easily one of the best triggers of any striker fired pistol I've ever owned. It was a great gun, only real downside is lack of an aftermarket and made by turks. If we're talking about the TP9SA specifically, it's still apparently a good gun, but I just don't understand the logic of a decocker on a striker fired pistol.
>>
File: IMG_0293.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I liked it
>>
>>34838059
>Stop being retarded. There is no buzz about it right now because no one who has bought one has actually received it yet. The NFA process takes like 6 months.
or that's it's just retarded.
>>
>>34838410
is there anything Russia you don't like?
>>
>>34838432
How? It balances a lot better than a regular pistol with a silencer screwed onto the end and is relatively compact for a suppressed pistol. It's a great concept and if the HPA is passed, I predict they will become stupidly popular. You are literally the only person who is naysaying (yes, I've seen you posting in other threads too), and your reason, that you aren't hearing much about them, which apparently means that the hype has died down, is really stupid.
>>
>>34838443
Alcoholism?
>>
File: 0_ef956_792a37b7_orig.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
0_ef956_792a37b7_orig.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>34838542
remove alcoholism

nothing left but homosexual
>>
>>34838453
>yes, I've seen you posting in other threads too
never posted about before now; so there must be more than one person that hates this idea. you really need to stop assuming.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.