[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alrighty here it goes. I am thinking of switching to the dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: SPC-AR1_06.jpg (133KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
SPC-AR1_06.jpg
133KB, 2000x1333px
Alrighty here it goes. I am thinking of switching to the dark side.

My primary rifle platform I use is AK/VZ but I am debating on building an AR for ammo and parts reasons. Does anyone have any good tips for first time AR building and suggestions of what to do and what not to do? Long term goal is to build something I can use with a reflex optic and irons in case of a failure. Otherwise everything else is up in the air. Kits?

Please help an AK/VZ fag out. Anything helps.
>>
>>34837266
You don't build an AD, you assemble it. Seriously, if you can read, and are competent enough to put together an office chair, you can assemble an AR. I built my first when I was 16 (dad bought me the stripped lower for Christmas)
>>
File: 1444692261126.jpg (68KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
1444692261126.jpg
68KB, 600x428px
don't be one of those AR fags
>>
File: Capture.jpg (10KB, 123x142px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
10KB, 123x142px
>>34837293

Right, I mean I get that part. I mean where to start with parts wise. Get a lower kit? Get an upper kit? Just toss it together and hope to the old gods it works? I have no idea how to AR.
>>
>>34837296

OP here.
I know enough about rifles and general to know not to C clamp like costas.
>>
>>34837304
Get an aero precision lower (they make most of the lowers anyway, and then they get stamped with a different dollar. If you want just get a complete upper from BCM or a stripped upper, and add a barrel, for end, gas block, and muzzle device. Install lower parts kit, install receiver extension, install buffer, install buffer spring, install stock, install safety and trigger, install grip. Congrats, you ARd. Most companies will issue you a handy dandy ages 3-7 Lego illustrated instruction booklet, and if not, YouTube is a thing.
>>
>>34837348
Dollar *rollmark

Goddamned kike phone
>>
>>34837304
Palmetto State armory. If you don't like what they have, buy an upper/lower and buy more parts elsewhere. It's all dirt cheap right now.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (62KB, 578x708px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
62KB, 578x708px
>>34837348
>>34837381

Would this be alright for $115 for the lower?
>>
>>34837266
when shopping for barrels just remember that a NATO barrel can fire .223 AND 5.56 but a .223 barrel can only fire .223
>>
>>34837427

I did not know that. If I could throw something together that will be worth selling a Taurus Judge for then I might just do it.
>>
>>34837266

Here's a few tips I wish I knew:

Get a rifle kit. Delton or PSA.

Get a Aero lower. This lower will allow you to take the wobble out of any upper you mate it with.

Get a basic stock wrench for 7.99, and just torque the castle nut by pressing your thumb against the pistol grip. Watch assembly videos. Watch them again. Also, the buffer tube detent can be used as a tool to help you install the pivot pin (the pin that is at the front of the receiver.)

Also, get a wheeler punch set. This will help tremendously. Some electrical tape and that should be it.
>>
File: [2017.06.05_00.58.41].jpg (53KB, 543x520px) Image search: [Google]
[2017.06.05_00.58.41].jpg
53KB, 543x520px
>>34837266
>My primary rifle platform I use is AK/VZ
>is AK/VZ
>AK/VZ
>implying one is a variant of the other
>>
>>34837424
$115 is a phenomenal deal for a complete lower. A year ago, they were going for $140-160. I have bought many lowers from PSA, both assembled and stripped.

If there's one caveat, it's that sometimes the parts are slightly out of spec and may require minor fitting. I just assembled one of their rifle kits, and I had to do fitting to both the safety detent (too wide to even fit in the hole in the receiver; I had to swap with a detent from a different rifle, although fortunately, both of them now fit in their respective rifles), and the pivot pin (in this case, I used sandpaper to slightly remove some of the anodizing from the hole in the receiver, although not enough to expose the bare aluminum) just to assemble the rifle. This was the second time I've had to fit the pivot in a PSA lower - last time, the pin wouldn't even fit into the upper receiver retaining hole without significant fitting to the pin - they just use pivot pins that are too tight and barely fit into their own receivers.

>>34837776
>Get a Aero lower. This lower will allow you to take the wobble out of any upper you mate it with.
Snake oil. A little bit of upper to lower wobble doesn't affect accuracy or reliability. Although, that said, Aero lowers tend to be higher quality in general.

>Get a basic stock wrench for 7.99, and just torque the castle nut by pressing your thumb against the pistol grip.
I agree with this. If you want to do it right, then get a lower receiver vise block, use a torque wrench with your castle nut wrench, and then once tightened down, properly stake the end plate - but I've never had a castle nut walk out on me while shooting just having hand-tightening it.

>Also, the buffer tube detent can be used as a tool to help you install the pivot pin (the pin that is at the front of the receiver.)
I always just used a tweezers to hold the detent, and a razor blade to push, then hold it in, while I slide the pivot pin into place.
>>
Does a body know wher I can get ar15 exactly like ops picture but with a ducking chromlined barrel I need the ar 15 to,have handguards dat reach all,the way to the barrel,lug.
>>
>>34837924

I stated it because I use both and they are similar in function and caliber. Dont be a faggot.

>>34838003

Thank you for the tips and advice. If I could get a basic lower assembly for $115 I can cough that up easily. And if its all easily swapped for other milspec parts later, I can maybe get better barrel and trigger parts where I saved in other places.
>>
>>34838003

It's not that the upper and lower wobble is a big deal, it just triggers my ocd
>>
I wish I went with an 18 inch long barrel for my build to be honest
>>
>>34838164

Is there a reason why you would have went with 18? I know accuracy is changed by twist and weight but is there other reasons? Accessories with rails?
>>
>>34838185
Getting a little more speed and accuracy out of the 556, that's all. Plus you step up to a rifle gas system which is softer shooting
>>
>>34838056
Anyone this will be my first I just want one exactly like ops but with chromelined barrel.
>>
File: IMG_5150.png (276KB, 1204x1598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5150.png
276KB, 1204x1598px
>>34837266
The ar general might be autism but you can get good info there start with pic, you can get a LPK exactly as you want it at red barn armory .com they have a great selection with a build your own option. Just avoid cheaper than dirt because Jews
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.