[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this in my attic after going through my grandfathers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 20170811_220138.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_220138.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
I found this in my attic after going through my grandfathers old stuff and I was wondering if you would know what it is. I have two more pictures with markings. Knowing as little as a /noguns/ person like myself does I would imagine it's a .22 of some kind, although single fire and definitely very old.

1/3
>>
File: 20170811_220153.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_220153.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
2/3
the actual branding was damaged for the sight
>>
Giving you a bump OP, looks neat.
>>
File: 20170811_220208.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_220208.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
3/3

"Model 1915" is what it says.
>>34835547
thanks for the bump!
all i know about it is that my grandfather used it to shoot at snakes and coons, and occasionally a bird if he knew he wasn't aiming at anyones house
>>
File: stevens.jpg (100KB, 800x257px) Image search: [Google]
stevens.jpg
100KB, 800x257px
>>34835598
Steven's Model 1915
>>
>>34835610
VERY cool thanks. Seems mine is a pistol variation of some kind. Do you have any advice regarding cleaning it up and finding proper ammunition for it? I wanna see if she fires well enough to get the coons off of MY new property, the annoying cunts.
>>
Probably used in a few murders. Take it to the police so they can check i tout. If clear, they will return it to you and you will have a unique relic.
>>
>>34835627
>pistol variation of some kind
More like an amatuer hack job.
>>
>>34835627
Look up blueprints or cleaning guide. Might be on the internet somewhere.
>>34835694
Nyet
>>
>>34835627
It looks like your grandpa or someone he bought it from cut the gun down to be a pistol. it was originally a rifle. it would also explain why the branding was cut into to make room for the rear sight. it fires .22lr.

i dont know much about restoring old guns, so someone else will have to help you here. searching for the gun on youtube brings up a bunch of videos of the rifle being fired and I see a few of them being taken apart and cleaned, maybe you could try your hand at doing that. a lot can be learned from these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtJsXiYusiM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=272q6dajQDw
>>
>>34835704
I was getting that vibe too, that foregrip(?) or whatever you want to call it is one shot away from being ripped off of the barrel.
>>34835723
Thanks for the videos, looks like the actual rifle is pretty common so this should be fairly easy to get working again if it's even broken now. That and because the low price of admission ($0), I can start learning to shoot now instead of later when I have money.
>>
>>34835750
Well good luck anon! You can learn about guns(and woodworking if you replace the wood) and make your grandpa proud of restoring his gun.
>>
>>34835801
Thank you for your help, you and everyone else who gave me info! I'm sure granddad would be proud of this thing seeing use again. I'll report back soon with results.
>>
>>34835707
>Nyet
I don't fuck with found guns.

I literally found two guns, in two separate homes I purchased. One was in late 90's, a Daewoo 9mm with the serial number drilled out (yes like with a drill bit) hanging on a hook in an old dumbwaiter shaft. Called PoPo. I got a pic of it hanging somewhere in years gone by 35mm. It was in fact used in a crime but no further details given.

Second was in early 2000's, I found a Walther PP 6.35 (.25ACP) in a country house I purchased and gutted. It was in the attic insulation wrapped in a handkerchief. I admit, I wrestled with turning it in but decided I can't risk it. So... police called, they checked it out, cleared it... and it's now owned by yours truly.
>>
>>34835925
get a load of this bootlicker
>>
>>34835925
While you do make sense I think grandpa's old bubba'd 22 is okay to keep.
>>
>>34835975
OK tough guy.
>>
>>34835801

That's not wood. Looks like stag.
>>
>>34836022
My grandpa(back in the old country) was a swell guy. Well respected. He also stabbed two people in his younger days. One of them was his brother in-law. Just saying.
>>
>>34836050
yeah, i think you're right.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.