[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No memeing, I want real advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0030.jpg (25KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
25KB, 320x427px
My only handgun is a 1911R1, now looking for a double stack 9. I'm considering a 226 MK25, an M9A3, and a glock 19. Only one I've fired is the MK25. As the sig and beretta models are much more expensive than the glock, I guess a standard 226 and an m9/m9a1 would be a better comparison. Does anybody have experience shooting all of these platforms?
>>
>>34833666
get a glock 17 unless you're under 6 feet tall
>>
>>34833949
5' 10" so king of manlets
>>
>>34834064
get a 19 then
>>
File: k approved 9 mm.jpg (1MB, 2500x2267px) Image search: [Google]
k approved 9 mm.jpg
1MB, 2500x2267px
>>34833666

I'm partial to Beretta's both the 92 (M9) and the PX4 compact; but I like DA/SA.

If you want a full size target and or home defense gun I'd go with a 92, if you want something Glock 19 sized the PX4 Compact is very nice.

If you prefer striker fired then get the Glock I guess.
>>
>>34833949

solid advice fuck. I love compacts and im 5'10. It works out
>>
>>34834589
th-thanks, i'm a gun baby
>>
>>34834704

same babe. Gen 4 glocks a best. Larger may release and it helps quite a bit for me. also gen 4 has a tougher finish or so I've heard but it'll harder finding more parts. just get new sights and maybe another trigger connected like a Ghost and some grip tape and your pistol will run longer than you can. Tru Glo TFO I think they're called is what I run. tritium fiber optics are pretty great. bright 24/7. don't go nuts and drop 1k+ plus on your Glock. Buy an CZ SP01 in time if you want a sexy metal hammer fired gun. I love you. You can do it UwU
>>
>>34834810
i'm not modifying it whatsoever

i dont want an accidental discharge to happen

c-can you tell me why i can't aim when i go to the range?

>aim down sights and find where i want to shoot on the target
>fire
>no hole near where i aimed

what am i doing wrong
>>
>>34834824

At least put new sights on it. Literally push the rear ones off the slide, take off the slide and unscrew the front sights and put the new ones on. The trigger honestly isn't that bad but if you've shot a 1911 a while you won't enjoy it nor will you like the grip angle. it'll take some time to get used to but you'll learn to love it. It's understandable to not modify any other internal parts but glocks are safe as fuck. Ehhh about the not being able to hit could be a lot of things. I recommend practicing dry firing alot. Make sure it's all unloaded. no mag in the gun. shit keep your ammo in another room. Draw the gun. Put your sights on something, should be able to lay a ruler over the front and rears perfectly flat. Keep the sights on target, squeeze slowly and steadily. do this often. especially with the glock it helps a shitload. pull the target closer and see where you're hitting. you'll be able to judge more accuratly what you're fucking up. dry firing and building up your muscle memory for a good draw and triggerpull will save you majority of the time
>>
>>34834949
why do i need new ones

also whats wrong with having ammo near my gun
>>
>>34834810
why do you glockfags always feel the need to say its perfection then change out half the parts?

if its perfection, then anything you do to it, diminishes it.
>>
>>34833666

You've got a really wide span of guns there. Glocks are fine striker fired guns, but then you've got metal framed DA/SA guns that cost around the $1000 mark.

I always recommend

>Determine price you'd like to spend
>Pick trigger type (SA, Striker, DA/SA etc)
>Options like manual safety

FIgure that stuff out and then go finger fuck every gun you can find that meets those criteria. Just about any gun made these days will be a great gun for even fairly serious shooting so it's all ergonomics and price that should drive you purchase.
>>
>>34835014

The sights are plastic and shit. Glocks have been catching shit for their sights for decades. The rear is a u with the front a dot. It'll work for a while but there's MUCH better options out there for only 100 bucks. Glocks are simple and retard proof. No joke man. Watch a few vids of people changing the sights out. It's easy as beating your dick. no reason not to do it.

also I recommend keeping your ammo away from your gun when you take it apart to clean it. idk if you know how to take them apart but once again it's retard easy. make sure no mag and ammo is in the gun, (drop the seer) pull the trigger, pull the slide back like 1/10 of an inch, pull some thingys down and let go of the slide. retard easy.

>>34835046

This too. I find what you like. Maybe the P10. I'm recommending glocks because I'm a faggot and it keeps running with all the tula I throw at it
>>
File: IMG_20170710_194518~2.jpg (2MB, 3585x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170710_194518~2.jpg
2MB, 3585x1944px
>>34833666
>>
>>34835071
i know how to take it off but it's hard for me, i cleaned it after shooting it

i dont know if im just a weak sissy or if i'm not pulling down on the tabs correctly
>>
File: IMG_20170624_143340449.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_143340449.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>34835071
>This too. I find what you like. Maybe the P10. I'm recommending glocks because I'm a faggot and it keeps running with all the tula I throw at it

Can't beat muh czechnology.

Although it didn't like the Bosnian steel case I accidentally used in it.
>>
>>34835112

I relate my dude. You can get extended ones if you please. they'll stick out a but farther and be easier. Kinda sad but I don't clean my gun much. it just runs. I don't have anything else to say to help with that sorry. :/

>>34835142

These are breddy nice but I can't get over how ugly they are. ;//

>>34835096

you spelt 229 wrong
>>
>>34835162
Nawh man 226 all the way
>>
>>34835200

I'll fight you
>>
>>34835220
Bring it bruh I'll jerk you off so hard you won't know what to do
>>
>>34835245

dude ill nut so hard in your cute little throat you won't know what came in you
>>
>>34835258
Bruh I'll propose to you so quick you won't even have time to answer
>>
>>34835280

dude I'll carry your tight ass cheeks down the isle with matching Sigs in nice leather holsters in a heart beat
>>
>>34835300
I love you anon and I always will
>>
>>34835326

I love you anon and I always have
>>
>>34833666
Honestly OP, you should buy a 19. I hated on them for so long, but it is in all seriousness the gun that will do everything you ask of it.

I work at a gun store and having held, shot, and had lots of feedback dealing with guns. There are better carry guns, better home defense guns, better range guns, and better guns at any one thing the 19 excels at.

But the 19 will do any and all of those things very well. If we were living in the darkest timeline where Hilary got elected , and they passed a law where you could only own one handgun, the 19 would be my choice.

Plus the 19 (being the best selling handgun in america) has the largest aftermarket presence of any handgun with possibly the exception of 1911's. You can go bugshit crazy with mods.

You won't regret getting a 19 OP. I have yet to have a single customer tell me they regret purchasing theirs.
>>
>>34835162
np friend i think i was doing it wrong and pressing too hard

earlier i did it barely and got it off easily

going to the range tomorrow :3
>>
>>34835822

You will do good op. I believe in you. Pull your target closer and see where you're hitting. I believe in you. slow squeeze UwU
>>
>>34835857
thank you
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.