[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conditions and Effects of NEMP (Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

>Jannies and mods please don't ban or delete thread, I think the effects of NEMPs is a very relevant topic right now.
Since the Norks may actually end up attempting to nuke US territories in the coming months, I thought this would be an appropriate thread. I'm not very nervous about the nukes themselves, if I die i die fast, and if I dont I dont. I'm quite nervous of the effects of an NEMP. Im not quite sure how they work, I would appreciate some answers to the following questions
>What is the minimum/maximum height for NEMPs to occur?
>Is the magnitude of the explosion correlative to the magnitude of the NEMP?
>Is the height of the explosion correlative to the magnitude of the NEMP?
>what would the radius of an NEMP from, lets say, a 50kt nuke?
>How would an NEMP affect areas of modern society?
>is it possible that any person shield precious electronics from NEMP, and if possible, how?
I also posted this thread on /g/
>>
>>34833585
Bump
>>
>>34833585
Most (read: all) military computers are hardened against EMP. It would really scramble civilian infrastructure, but not seriously affect the US' ability to prosecute a war.
>>
>>34833585
>is it possible that any person shield precious electronics and if possible, how?

It's possible with a faraday cage, but not completely. Also depends on how powerful of a pulse that the NEMP is.
>>
>>34833585
EMP doesn't just automatically fry electronics. It's a matter of probability, and many just shut off but can be turned right back on.
>>
File: EMP.jpg (110KB, 700x497px) Image search: [Google]
EMP.jpg
110KB, 700x497px
>>34833585
>>
>>34833585

I'm no expert, but awhile back I read that basically the smaller a circuit is the less likely to be affected by EMP. Power lines and their stations would be fucked for sure, but watches, phones, and your average laptop would most likely be fine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse#Common_misconceptions
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.