[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more organized and/or authentic version of the sca?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3904.jpg (83KB, 609x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3904.jpg
83KB, 609x533px
Is there a more organized and/or authentic version of the sca?
>>
File: olofsgillet_017.jpg (186KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
olofsgillet_017.jpg
186KB, 1200x800px
If you want the re-enactment there are some re-enactment groups that go for a very high level of historical accuracy. Google will probably guide you better than me though to them, as Olofsgillet is the only one I can mention at the top of my head.

If you're looking for more historical combat then HEMA generally strives to recreate historical fighting techniques. But then you'll be dropping the re-enactment side pretty much completely, and depending on the group there may be a noticeable modern sports approach mixed in as well.

Some jousting groups seem to aim more or less for both, but then limited in scope to tournaments of course, and you'll probably need to get yourself a horse. A bit of a barrier to entry for most that.

Battle of Nations and similar things would at least appear more historical than the SCA (no rattan swords or bar grilles) and supposedly use historical rules, but the techniques seem to be just whatever works (historical in approach perhaps, but not necessarily in end results) and some of the gear may be rather less historical than one may think all said and done. Also to the best of my knowledge no re-enactment side to this either.

Being social pursuits there's also the question of what you have to choose form within reasonable travelling distance.
>>
>>34830942
HMB has some variety as a movement. While some events are purely about combat in armor and take place in gymnasiums and modern arenas there still are tournaments held in real castles, with both participants and their staff staying in historical tents, wearing period appropriate clothing and sometimes even cooking and dining using historical tools.The latter are, of course, rarer.

Anyway, here's some eye-candy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snj0vAOfaes
>>
>>34831597
That's pretty cool.
>>
>>34830847
Battle of the nations kicks ass

Maybe not what you are looking for but its still the best armoured event
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.