[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stockpiling Ammunition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1524_6.jpg (32KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1524_6.jpg
32KB, 370x370px
Is now a good time to start stockpiling ammunition on the cheap for personal use and/or as an investment to resell in the medium-term future?
>>
>>34830730
The answer to this question is always yes. There are only two situations where it is possible to have too much ammo.

1) You are drowning

2) You are on fire
>>
>>34830739
Do you think buying ammo in the current glut would be a decent investment for resale in 3-4 years when Shrillary 2.0 is elected into office?
>>
>>34830730
It's definitely a time for you to invest in a book on basic economics/supply-demand, market swings. That'll have your answer
>>
>>34830759
I'm taking this as a 'yes'
>>
>>34830754
Ammunition is not an investment you should expect a return on. If you want to speculate buy something that isn't made any more like MGs or milsurp.
>>
>>34830766
As a follow up, how difficult would it be to offload said ammunition when the time comes?
>>
File: 1438678419511.jpg (169KB, 634x941px) Image search: [Google]
1438678419511.jpg
169KB, 634x941px
>>34830730
I have 4000 rounds of .22lr. Suggestions for a rifle? I'm starting to feel a little silly hoarding it w/o a run chambered in it lol
>>
>>34830792

You're an idiot if you buy ammo thinking you will make money on it.
>>
>>34830813
>4000 round of .22 LR

Do you hunt with a .22 or would you be more interested in plinking?
>>
>>34830739

shit like this is a great example of how people rationalize their bad habits.
>>
>>34830730
sauce on this deal?
>>
>>34830855
Palmetto State Armory online
>>
>>34830831
huntin'
>>
>>34830886
Marlin Model 60 with a decent piece of optics on it.
>>
>>34830792

selling ammo on armslist isn't super difficult its just the driving thats usually the tedious part since everyone always lives out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>34830916
Hey, I live out in the middle of nowhere!
>>
>>34830730
I still can't figure out why anybody decided that 22lr, the least bannable ammo on the planet, should be stockpiling food.
>as an investment to resell in the medium-term future?
You've missed the boat on milsurp/surplus ammo unless something changes in a big way. So no, probably not.
One potential for this would be to stock up on lots of russian ammo that "could" be banned like golden tiger etc etc.
But that's going to be a really big roll of the dice whether it'll pan out. Even if it does get banned, you may not make much more than usual because other manufacturers will pick up the slack soon.
>>34830754
>a decent investment for resale in 3-4 years when Shrillary 2.0 is elected into office?
Again, a huge roll of the dice. There's a better chance that you'll just eat your ammo purchases and have to either use them, or probably not make enough money to justify it.
>>
>>34830792
At best you break even. Honestly you willdo better being a brass vulture, reloading, and selling but not my lane
>>
>>34830792
People rather buy from vendors, not individual hoarders.
>>
>>34832221
Good point. Consensus seems to be that it's not a great idea besides for personal use.
>>
>>34832221
>People rather buy from vendors, not individual hoarders.
I'm assuming this thread is mostly 22lr related, so this. I won't even buy from vendors is the prices make me feel gouged at all.
And I always have a sneaking suspicion that a private sale, especially with something like 22lr, that they're selling me their "problem" boxes that have lots of dead primers etc or it just doesn't do well at cycling handguns or something.
I've shot almost nothing but centerfire rifle, shotguns, and used a 22cal pellet rifle for plinking since 2012. You can take your $50 box of 500rds 22lr and shove it right back up your ass if you think I'm paying that.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.