[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so some company made a map of where all the nukes would land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: nuke file.jpg (96KB, 615x984px) Image search: [Google]
nuke file.jpg
96KB, 615x984px
so some company made a map of where all the nukes would land

how accurate is this?
>>
>>34830704
>how accurate is this?

Not at all, the Soviet target list for the UK is more than 20 targets.
>>
>>34830819
>>34830704
wtf how come my irrelevant shithole gets bombed but lancaster survives
>>
>>34830704
What kind of retard yields are those?

oh, it's all nukemap retard shit at 100MT, yeah that map is fucking garbo m8
>>
>>34830704
They're idiots.
Margate is part of Isle of Thanet.
"Kent International Airport", aka RAF Manston, is not currently operable, but still has a runway long enough that it used to be a designated alternate for Concorde. Location also houses RAF Fire and Rescue training.
Dover is a major port, Folkstone now has Eurotunnel, both targets due to logistical importance.
Brighton would be tertiary target at best, more likely to be damaged by offtarget strikes aimed at Gatwick.
>>
File: bunker.jpg (115KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bunker.jpg
115KB, 500x375px
>>34830704
>>34830819
within 10 mins of my second home. Enjoy being crispy
>>
>>34831813
They don't seem to think anyone would nuke Falsane either. Who the fuck even made that map?
>>
It justified my move from Swansea to Aberystwyth so I'm saying it's brilliant.
>>
>>34831919
Yeah, but you fuck sheep, so your opinion is suspect at best
>>
>>34830704
>doesn't even show fallout areas based on typical wind patterns
So useless it's dangerous
>>
They don't even have guns. Nukes kinda seem overkill for the nannys.
>>
>>34831954
> fallout areas
> UK
You realise that the UK lies right beneath the slipstream?
>>
>>34831941
When all the women are piles of ash or irradiated mutants, we'll see who's laughing then.
>>
File: fuck sociey.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fuck sociey.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
>>34832206
>>34832206
>When all the women are piles of ash or irradiated mutants,
They're more likely to "find it too hard"
>>
>>34830704
whoa whoa whoa, why does my irrelevant shithole country get fucking nuked all over, nuke london for fuck sakes, leave everything else alone, why waste nukes on fucking manchester or blackpool you downy twats, what is there to nuke? chavs and council estates?
>>
>>34830819
>Portsmouth

Well fuck. I wonder if I can get to the farm quick enough
>>
File: 1491704584084.gif (411KB, 2560x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1491704584084.gif
411KB, 2560x1620px
>>34830953
Soviet primary targets were military, manufacturing and infrastructure, in that order. This resulted in a lot of places that might seem irrelevant or shitty getting a heavy focus because they still had the capacity to be brought online for use in war manufacturing.
>>
>>34830819
Pretty sure they'd also drop something on Prestwick on the Ayrshire coast, largest runway in Scotland, used as a refuelling point when the US were deploying to the Gulf and Afghanistan in the mid 00's.
Also home to the ATC centre for the North Atlantic traffic as well.
>>
>>34830704
>how accurate is this?
As accurate as a cartoon.

>>34832722
>Soviet primary targets were military, manufacturing and infrastructure, in that order.
The Soviets had different priorities depending on what attack plan was being considered.
>>
>>34832791
>The Soviets had different priorities depending on what attack plan was being considered.

WOLVERIIIIINES!!!
>>
File: 1500550633993.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500550633993.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>34832722
>Nuking Tallahassee
Please God yes
>>
File: eden.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eden.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>34832332
REEEEEEEEEE
> Only people to prepare in advance
> Get scrap resources to prepare for winter
> Nobody listens to him and becomes black sheep and slowly gets alienated
> Start living in comparative luxury
> Everyone starts getting jealous and blames everything on Anton
> Anton allows people to use his boat after the original smashed on the rocks because in their excitement over fish they didn't tie it up
> Blame everything on Anton
> Start conspiring against anton so they can steal his resources and rafton towers
> Everyone now getting proper resources for own huts but they're not as good
> State it for the cameras that they're going to provoke him into a fight so he gets voted out
> Antagonise him even more into a fight
> Conspirators set up secret vote
> Vote Anton out
> Raff is honourable and decides if antons not staying then he' not
> Decide to burn down rafton towers as asset denial
> thats what they were so jealous of anyway
> makes everyone even madder
> they'd only fight about it anyway
> Leave
> get outside the fence
> Told they could stay Because someone can't do math and they both meed 75% if they themselved could vote
Fucking people
> Next episode
> Valley tribe goes on killing spree killing not just in-season deer but the pigs, chickens, sheeps and goats
> There are perfectly good vegetables to eat
> Animals will be larger and still alive to eat in winter when food is short and no vegetables left.
> animal doctor leaves without saying goodbye to Tribal wife because of the stupidity
> "No, no, no! not without saying goodbye! No!" My feels
> Found vet wandering 8 miles away from film area in emotional shitstate
Just waiting for Winter famine episode because valley tribe ate all the animals

That fucking show scares me about prepping now because people are cunts.
>>
>>34831894
Real estate agents.Seriously.
>>
>>34832977
Well, that explains why they think Brighton's a target when I've seen other nuke map type things saying it's one of the safest places to be in ww3.
>>
>>34832998
They just went on nukemap and plonked a bunch of 100 megaton bombs (that don't exist) on top of some arbitrary cities.
>mfw brighton, the gay capital of Britain, maybe Europe, will have to rebuild society
At least I'm 100% toasted.
>>
>>34833027
I'm ~10 miles west of Brighton, I get to help them out with my stash of /k/ memes and cat pictures.
>>
File: Grandad_Dubs.jpg (94KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Grandad_Dubs.jpg
94KB, 1368x1026px
>>34833041
>It's a future so fabulous it glows in the dark.
Aren't we one of the last places still out of range of the Norks anyway?
>America devastated by Nork missiles
>MFW the Empire reforms for the good of the civilised world
The Anglo is Eternal, and Brighton becomes the cultural capital of the world.
The future is bright, gaudy, and covered in glitter.
>>
>>34832791
Oppen, regarding the US map the other anon posted- what's the deal with the 3 tight groupings of black dots?
>>
>>34830704
If it doesn't have nukes, people who make decisions about launching nukes, or people or communications equipment that transmits nuclear launch orders, it's not a strategic nuclear target.

The goal is to eliminate the opponent's ability to launch nukes at you, while retaining some of your own. You *then* can hold his cities hostage and force a peace mostly on your terms rather than his. Nuking cities *before* you wipe out his nukes is not only unproductive, it reduces your stockpile that you need in order to win the peace negotiations.
>>
>>34833170
Silos
>>
>>34833188
Why aren't they targeted in the 500 case? Too low Pkill to justify a warhead? Or is the 500 a second strike which assumes empty silos?
>>
>>34833170
One of them is Minot Air Force Base I'm pretty sure. That's where we have nuclear capable B-52h bombers that each carry 20 nuclear cruise missiles. Pretty dope I saw an inert missile in person.
>>
>>34833201
500 isn't enough to dig them all out at a guess.
>>
>>34832842
>>34832332
This show makes me angry.

the smartest person and the most productive person get voted off because they were conspired against and people wanted their stockpiled resources because they themselves failed to stockpile.

then main tribe can't do maths and they can't return because they burnt all their resources.

Then because main tribe has no one to shove the blame on valley tribe seperates. ARGHGAHAGHSGHAGA
>>
>>34833041
Hove?
>>
>>34833278
Worthing. Hove's like two miles west of brighton, tops.
>>
>>34830704
This is a stupid fucking picture. They put what, double digit megaton nukes on every city in just one small European country when Russia only has a small amount of 'Satans' meant for the Cheyenne complex. Most of the tonnage would be going at the US and in the area of the flashpoint like Turkey/Syria or whatever. At most they would hit Loch Long and the BMEWS in yorkshire with a few Topols and fire some nuclear cruise missiles at the yank strategic bomber bases and royal navy bases in the south.

Why do 99% of people, including so called experts, have down syndrome when it comes to nuclear weapons?

Honest to god some people say shit with a straight face like one nuke would blow up the planet and think the open air tests of the early cold war were something different.

All these scaremongering articles you see in newspapers just show total ignorance. Nobody knows basic shit like the Russians only have 2000 warheads and there's no way they would be able to have them all ready and many would be destroyed on the ground, shot down by air defenses (cruise missiles can get taken out by fighters) or malfunction.
>>
>>34833343
>Why do 99% of people, including so called experts, have down syndrome when it comes to nuclear weapons?

"As a scientist I want to rip the theory of nuclear winter apart, but as a human being I want to believe it. This is one of the rare instances of a genuine conflict between the demands of science and the demands of humanity. As a scientist, I judge the nuclear winter theory to be a sloppy piece of work, full of gaps and unjustified assumptions. As a human being, I hope fervently that it is right. Here is a real and uncomfortable dilemma. What does a scientist do when science and humanity pull in opposite directions?"
>>
>>34831864
dont be daft.
that's a secret bunker.

no-one will know where it is.
>>
>>34833551
The road entrance is a fucker to find, i drive past there on a weekly basis and struggle to find it.
>>
>>34833170
ICBM Silos.

>>34833201
>Why aren't they targeted in the 500 case?
Because the map is garbage.
>>
>>34833483
It was something spread by physicists and think-tank people to stop guys like Curtis Lemay from bombing the USSR "back to the stoneage" because they didn't yet have the capacity to fight back.
>>
File: RealTargetsInWW3UK.png (684KB, 798x777px) Image search: [Google]
RealTargetsInWW3UK.png
684KB, 798x777px
THIS is what would actually go down. That's if everything goes to plan for the Russians.
>>
>>34833130
That's if they don't miss Gatwick and drop one in the sea or on top of us!
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.