[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATF KNOWS MAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: pix406197295.jpg (68KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
pix406197295.jpg
68KB, 479x480px
Don't buy cheap SCCY guns or the ATF is gonna have to come see you. No wait...EVERYONE buy a lot of SCCY guns so we exhaust the resources of the ATF.

>*T. SCCY Employee
>>
>>34830541
Fuck forget youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vm_d_7b6pE
>>
>>34830541
Pretty neat looking little pistols. I wouldn't mind getting one of the trippy colors like orange or bright blue for a novelty
>>
>>34830541

>people buy a lot of cheap handguns
>surprised when the ATF wants to know what's up

huh that's weird
>>
>>34830582
>Doesn't question how the ATF knew exactly what guns were bought since background check only asks generic type(ie handgun).
>>
Too bad the triggers suck ass
>>
>>34830578

my dad bought one and they're small but not the thinnest handgun and the trigger pull is a bitch but they're decent and he's fed hollow points through his reliably so they're decent for 170. very decent

>>34830599

Gun store tells the LEO and ATF????
>>
>>34830582
> no laws broken
> pick up that can
>>
>>34830547
Instantly reminded of this:
https://youtu.be/Gr6eFXNq5Wc
>>
>>34830628

>buys a lot of cheap handguns
>surprised when gun store owner tells ATF
>>
>>34830617
>>34830605
How bad are the triggers? I'm pretty experienced, I can pretty much make any trigger work for me albeit the Nagant revolvers. But if it's just like a DAO revolver, that's not bad
>>
>>34830643
Did you watch the video? If his story is accurate the FFL called the customer and gave him a heads up. Not something you'd do if you thought the customer was up to no good.

The main point you big-state cucks don't seem to get is that multi-gun transactions are not illegal so FUCK THE ATF. All the rest of you can go back to sucking government dick.
>>
>>34830652
Yeah it's just like a snubnose revolver. Anyone bitching about the trigger is a weak manlet.
>>
>>34830652

It's like a gritty DAO revolver trigger. For the price it's decent and you may be able to clean some shit up inside to make it smoother

>>34830656
Read the comments. A FFL dealer said he has to till out a form if more than 2 handguns ate bought in a 5 day span.
>>
>>34830652
it's just a really long pull, probably easier if you have small hands. The pull weight isn't the issue people have, it's the pull and reset or the actual trigger breaking
>>
File: 1466481225932.jpg (180KB, 1229x1517px) Image search: [Google]
1466481225932.jpg
180KB, 1229x1517px
>>34830541
>>34830547
This scares me desu
>>
>>34830547
sounds like bullshit
the source is a no-name youtuber heard that the ATF contacted some guy after he bought multiple SCCY handguns

I call bullshit, big time
ATF doesn't have the resources, time, or wherewithal to track a specific brand of handguns
>>
>>34830547
This is bullshit clickbait.

If you buy 3 or more guns of any kind, your FFL is obligated to report you.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_181904.jpg (2MB, 5248x2050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_181904.jpg
2MB, 5248x2050px
>>34830652
If you really hate the trigger after you get it, Galloway makes reduced weight spring kits and also adjustable triggers so you can reduce weight by like 2 pounds and adjust length to your liking. Trigger is like 45 bucks and the spring set is 15.
>>
>>34830652
My wife has one. The trigger pull isn't my preferred choice, but its far from flat out bad
>>
>>34830582
Weird. In the last two or so months I've probably bought at least 5 cheap pistols including two SCCY's and the ATF hasn't contacted me. Maybe because I've gotten more expensive guns too?
>>
>>34832148

or it's just bullshit

:^)
>>
>>34832160
Could be, I've gotten probably 12-14 firearms transferred in less than a month with zero issues. There are lots of cheap firearms available now.
>>
>>34830713
This would be why you go to different stores.
>>
>>34832148

ATF doesn't necessarily contact people. I've bought multiple handguns at once a few times over the years and I've never received a visit. But i know other people have, i guess it just depends on what they have scheduled that day because ATF is working with finite resources and might not have time to get to everyone.

The stupid law states that if you purchase two or more handguns from the same FFL within a five day period, the FFL has to fill out an additional form that goes to the ATF. IIRC, your Sheriff's Department is also contacted.

>>34831822

That's a border state issue, and I think it's 4 or 5 total within a week from the same FFL. But for most of the country, it only applies to handguns.

>>34832197

ATF knows this, and also increased sales from people like us hoarding means ATF is picking and choosing. I bet they're prioritizing people who are getting NICS checks done (instead of people with permits/carry license/etc that bypass the background check). My FFL was talking about a guy the other day that's bought 20 lowers and four Hi Point's (NIB ordered from distributor as dealer doesn't usually carry them) this month. Nothing against the law but that would have been reported to the ATF (since lowers are in that 'firearms' category and aren't longarms, I believe they are also reported if more than two are sold at once, I'm not 100% though).

My advice? Put one gun on layaway, buy the other, or just go to different stores. Quite a few times I've bought two or three handguns on Gunbroker in roughly the same time and I'll stagger my payments, wait a few days to pick up one of 'em, or have them sent to two different FFL's. Not because I have "anything to hide" but the extra paperwork and communication the FFL has to do is bullshit and it takes time out of their day.

I know the SCCY has become popular for nogs because at least 2-3 times a week, my FFL tells me he gets one coming in wanting "an extended clip fo muh SCCY".
>>
>>34833510
Makes sense. Held the permit for years as well as a C&R licence.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.