[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 38

File: 1472098144139.png (370KB, 378x367px) Image search: [Google]
1472098144139.png
370KB, 378x367px
ITT: tell everyone else how wrong they are

>Cold Steel knives are perfectly fine.

>Shotguns are obsolete and outclassed by rifles for everything but doors and birds.

>Hard armor outside of an active war theater is a liability more than it is a benefit.

>Keeping your HD or CCW weapon with an empty chamber isn't a real issue.

>The differences between any commonly compared firearms or calibers are always too negligible to matter. Same with knives.

>There is no reason to buy milsurp over modern production guns other than collecting.

>Slings get in the way more often than they're helpful.

>Form is just as important as function.

>A basic utility knife is far superior to any traditional or tacticool pocket knife nine times out of ten for EDC duties.

>Everything made by Magpul is functional but low quality on par with tapco.

>Full auto is far more useful than most firearm enthusiasts advocate mostly due to sour grapes.

>Bohemian rhapsody is a terrible song and I can't figure out why everyone likes it.
>>
>>34829871

Lel ok Rambo.
>>
Wrong on empty chamber CCW. 80% of all potential scenarios you might need to draw it for are not going to give you the .75-1.25 seconds you'll need to rack it. Many fudds have paid to learn that lesson with their lives.
>>
>functional
>on par with tapco
Pick one.
>>
>every bolt action rifle, other than high end competition precision shit, should come with a stock set of irons
>>
>>34829889
Substantiate your claim.
>>
>>34829871
I agree with most of those. Except round not in chamber.

The further away and the more time it takes to ready a gun reduces it's effectiveness by much more than even what gun it is.
>>
b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 b8
>>
>>34829914
Of course, having a chambered round or not should be based off which gun you're using though too...

Is it drop safe? Has this design exploded from a round that has been pushed too deep into the casing from repetitive chambering?

I'm sure there's more to consider.
>>
>Side-magazine rifles should make a comeback

>A lot of "carbine training" has very little practical use for civilians and is mostly about LARPing

>The SG550 is a great target rifle but its weight and length makes it a mediocre military rifle
>>
File: image.jpg (268KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 900x600px
The offensive handgun concept is viable, people just don't understand and refused to rethink what they've been told all their lives.
>>
>>34829912
You think you'll have time to rack a slide during a mugging? You're on more drugs than the dindu holding you up.
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/04/12/dad-isnt-carrying-round-chambered-gets-self-son-killed-video/
Condition 3 is the same as being completely unarmed.
>>
>>34829946
He would've died anyway.
>>
Maybe if you live in a city or never carry your rifle on you.
>>
>>34829961
Slings are good for:
>carrying your rifle openly, retention
>bracing if you have absolutely nothing else to rest your firearm on
Slings are bad for:
>everything else
>>
>>34829943
Nope may as well take a bull pup.

Also bullpups will make a comeback in popularity.
>>
>>34829871
>he doesn't know how to use a sling for stability
>smuganimeface.png
>>
>>34829976

but you don't use slings for anything else anon
>>
>>34829976
Why would you ever not carry your rifle openly what are you a cuck?
>>
>>34829871
no
>>
>>34829976
Do you know how dumb you look right now?
Thats like saying a mag is good for
>holding ammo
mags are bad for
>everything else
>>
>>34829943
Even subguns struggle to remain relevant and you think an even more underpowered gun that is magnitudes of orders harder to aim will somehow do what an SBR won't do better?
>>
>>34829987
Hence, they get in the way for everything else.
>>
File: 1495335489533.jpg (2MB, 3396x2260px) Image search: [Google]
1495335489533.jpg
2MB, 3396x2260px
>>34829903
It's just us, Anon.
>>
>>34830006
There are no situations where'd you choose to forego magazines like you would a sling, numbnuts.
>>
>>34829903

Mah
Nigguh
>>
>>34829976
This has gotta be bait. Have you ever even walked more than a mile with your rifle?
>>
>>34830055
Yes, and I use a sling for it.
Do you walk a mile with your gun every time you pick it up?

Maybe stop being so butthurt and realize I never said they were useless, just not something you should keep permanently attached.
>>
>>34829871
>Shotguns are obsolete
I'm not usually the one to say stop playing call of duty but shotguns are fucking excellent you pleb, stop playing call of duty
>>
>>34829951
>weh
He would have shot first because he could have fired from retention properly instead of fucking around.
>>
>>34830077
Learn what words mean before posting again.
>>
>>34830077
1903 Springfields are excellent too, that doesn't mean they aren't obsolete.
>>
>The 2nd doesn't apply to virgins, if you can't successfully charm someone into bed then you're too much of an outcast to be trusted with guns.

>Minimum age to own handguns should be 25 for FFL and private sale alike, your brain simply isn't mature enough until then.

>Constitutional carry is a good idea, but should only apply to OC and revolvers. Automatic pistols and CC should be tightly controlled.

>Mandatory interview with local PD prior to buying your first semi auto with detachable magazines.

>MG registry should be re opened but you're only allowed to keep them at ranges with a proper vault.
>>
>>34830065
They only get in the way if you don't know how to use them. I use a two point sling in 2gun. It doesn't even make transitions take longer, and I can use it as an anchor point to my forearm to further control muzzle rise. A properly used sling goes effortlessly from your back to your arm and increases your control over the rifle.
>>
File: brb killin self.gif (494KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
brb killin self.gif
494KB, 500x384px
>>34830100
Backwards hick
>>
File: 1424911452102.jpg (59KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
1424911452102.jpg
59KB, 400x410px
>>34829871
>Unpopular Opinions

Welp, here I go.

>TD isn't a meme, but gun owners may do what they wish with their property

>the glock 19 is overrated for what it is, but is not a bad handgun

>the DP-12 looks kinda cool, if only it was magazine fed

>Rugers are just fine mechanically speaking

>the Hi-point wouldn't be as much of a meme as it is if it was designed to take a doublestack

>the only people that think shotguns are obsolete are tacticool larpers that expect their firearms to perform in situations and environments for which they weren't designed

>Wendy's is the best fast food restaurant

>traps are gay

>queen in general is an overrated band, led zeppelin is better
>>
>>34830100
Your views are so convenient to gungrabbers.
Kill yourself
>>
Cast receivers can be as good or better than forged receivers.
>>
>>34830100

liberal """"gun owner"""" detected.
>>
>>34830116

The DP12 is mag fed.

You mean detachable mag
>>
>>34830133
autism
>>
>>34829903

Anon this is an unpopular opinion thread.
>>
>>34830100
>minimum age to own handguns should be 25
>CC and semi autos tightly controlled
>interview with local PD before buying first semi with DBM

top kek fud, go up the national gun related suicide numbers now please.
>>
>>34829871
>shotguns are obsolete
>slings get in the way more often than they're helpful
>form is just as important as function
CODkid spotted
>>
>Hitler did nothing wrong
> the holocaust was a hoax from the Western powers to attack Germany
>Anne Frank was a double agent who passed away in 1995
>>
>>34830110
>>34830127
I'm not seeing a counterpoint

>>34830165
Does suicide by firearm really matter? If they're unavailable men will just find another means. It's to protect others from the yahoos and crazies that weed themselves out or grow up by their mid 20's.
>>
>>34830171
Wrong board
>>
>>34830100
>25
Every so often you old faggots up your number of when someone is '''''mature'''''. It used to be 16, then 18, 21, now I see you pushing for 25. Also, it's not the government's fucking business what your sex life is like, get the fuck out.
>>
>>34830171

This is a wrong opinions thread not "holy fucking shit post the most retarded shit you can spew from your cock holster" thread
>>
>>34829871
>It is pathetic that Glock still come with plastic sights. Ball and cup style sights are worse than 3 dot style sights.
>7.62x39 is old fashioned and outclassed in the 21st century. Not to mention it has a ridiculous trajectory.
>The PTR 91 feels like a cheap plastic toy.
>>
>>34830171
>Anne Frank was a double agent who passed away in 1995
Never head that one before. I've heard her diary was fake and actually written by her uncle several years after her death and this is proven by the fact the original book was written in ballpoint pen which wasn't invented until like 1948 or something.
>>
>nogunz shouldn't be allowed to post on /k/
>>
>.45 auto is inbred hillbilly overcompensating for being a horrible shot and having a tiny dick
>rifles chambered in anything larger than 300aac have no reason to have barrels under 20"
>free float hand guards on anything other than long range precision rifles is pointless larping and a waste of money
>pineapple does go on pizza

possibly a popular opinion
>fuds and "liberal gun owners" are more dangerous to 2A rights than anything else
>>
>pistols should be illegal to possess unless you have a carry permit
>there should only be one carry permit, not a separate system for cops/security guard & everyone else
>everyone should have to take the 40hrs carry permit course to have a handgun
>nobody should be allowed to ban carry by somebody with that license
>only legal difference between cops and civs should be that cops are allowed carry out search/arrest warrants and detain you for non-felony suspicion
>magazine disconnects should be mandatory for all magazine-fed long guns unless you have above pistol permit
>nobody should be allowed to have more than a 5rd magazine without above pistol permit
>NFA should be abolished - just take pistols and all NFA weapons (including post-'86 MGs) and require the above permit to own them
>members of communist and nazis parties should not be allowed to have weapons period, nor should gang members or family of any of the above unless disowned
>>
>>34830198
>I'm old

I'm not 18-21 like everyone else on this board, but I'm still a long way from getting salt in my pepper.

The reason these ages of maturity keep increasing is based on society, but now we know better and have scientifically proven that 25 is when your brain finally solidifies and becomes stable. Once you pass that boundary you'll look back and start to agree with my points.

The government has no place in the sex lives of women, true. But lonely, virgin men are proven to be far more dangerous and should be excluded from gun ownership, military service, and access to controlled info for the good of society.
>>
>>34830178
the point went over your head by miles
>>
File: P1071306-660x495.jpg (83KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
P1071306-660x495.jpg
83KB, 660x495px
>>34829871

External gas piston and internal gas system are both perfectly fine, one isnt more or less reliable than the other; piston uppers are memes and are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Also the c7/rifle uppers on carbine lowers are absolutely a e s t h e t i c
>>
>>34830245

Get out statist
>>
>>34829871
No guns/ Airshiter detected
>>
>>34830216
I mean the ptr 91 kinda is a cheap plastic toy. but then again so are all H&K related firearms
>>
>>34830220
It was written by Otto Frank, who actually got in trouble for it to which he said "well it's pretty much how things went"
>>
>>34830268
the Constitution grants the Gov't the right, and arguably the obligation, to drill the militia. Those who do not drill, do not get toys
>>
>>34830250
>The government has no place in the sex lives of women, true
Now you're just trying too hard to come off as a liberal gun owner.
>>
>>34830250
>he just turned 25 and wants to feel special because nobody cared about his birthday
>>
>>34830250
>Society changes dude
While I agree with you, you can't just keep shifting maturity ages, without looking like a "stay off muh lawn" faggot. I've met plenty of 20somes who are far more mature than most boomers with their extravagent hedonistic social security paid 50 year vacations.
>>
>>34830290
>He's right and that hurts my feelings so he must be saying this because someone hurt his feelings earlier.

31, and I only got a 6er of craft beer and a bj. A little underwhelming but not bad.
>>
File: CAB89054234.jpg (24KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
CAB89054234.jpg
24KB, 620x349px
>>34830033
Holy shit, you must be a troll of the highest order, or so unimaginably fucking stupid, that you only managed to type your last post by sheer luck of hitting the necessary keys in correct order
>>
>>34830282

Shall not be infringed
>>
>>34830259
>C7A2 is aesthetic af
>unpopular
>>
>>34830178
You never made a point to counter, just said a bunch of stupid bull shit that is absolutely contrary to the fundamental concepts of liberty.

I know you're just trying to trigger people, so please go away.
>>
>>34830239

I don't think they're more dangerous, I just think when the vote comes down to "sensible gun legislation" they vote like the anti-gunners. Many fudds are still NRA members and favor the 2nd amendment over a total ban.
>>
>>34830250
>i don't understand what the 25 year old brain thing means but I'll use it to my political ends

Fuck off.
>>
>>34830250
>lonely, virgin men are proven to be far more dangerous and should be excluded from gun ownership, military service, and access to controlled info for the good of society
And how do you propose the government figure this out? I've seen some nasty, just neckbeard looking motherfuckers who've gotten laid. On the flipside I've seen nice looking, rather successful guys who just don't care to get laid (although they're probably gay).
>>
>>34830127
Hearing a liberal say they are a gun owner too, is equivalent to hearing a conservative say one of their friends is black
>>
>>34830309
>shall issue
>"infringed"
lol
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>34830100
>>
File: Hickok451.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hickok451.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>34830303
>31
>think's he's hot shit
Can you even ring the gong, kiddo?
>>
>>34829889
>80%
>SEE!?!?! IT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED LITERALLY ONE TIME!!!!
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>34830328
It's hard to have black friends when the liberal white devil is subjegating a whole race of people saying "smoking and dealing crack shouldn't be a crime, and we need to expand welfare" I just want to be left the fuck alone
>>
>>34830351
i keked
>>
>the p320 is actually a pretty good gun and I still carry it daily
>>
>>34830379

It's like the pit bull of the gun world. Perfectly fine until it's not. Don't mistreat it.

>MrWorldWide.jpg
>>
>>34829976
Yeah I only carry my AR concealed IWB because slings get in the way.
>>
>>34829871

They are overpriced and overhyped and often Cold Steel sells cheap alloy at a huge markup to brand idiots who don't know the difference.

>Shotguns are obsolete and outclassed by rifles for everything but doors and birds.

Absolutely.

Not carrying with a round in the chamber is stupid. If you don't trust yourself to carry and operate a loaded gun that is holstered, you might want to reconsider your EDC choices.

Well I can tell you've never been hunting before.

>A basic utility knife is far superior to any traditional or tacticool pocket knife nine times out of ten for EDC duties.

This is fantastically wrong. But enjoy having your pitted to shit and rusted out knife that bends and breaks and needs to constantly be replaced anon!

Just spend ~180 bucks for one that will last for 3-4 years of good hard use.
>>
>>34830428
>spending $180 on a fucking pocket knife
Tippity top kek
>>
>>34830100
SHALL NOT NE INFRINGED
what part of that is hard to understand?
>>
>>34830220
The ballpoint pen was invented in time, but was rare enough that the likelihood of it being used to write the diary is so low to the point of absurdity.
>>
>>34830414
>>
>Statistically speaking, your chances of ever having to draw your CCW gun are next to nil. Even most cops go their whole careers never drawing their weapon anywhere but the range.
>Statistically speaking, even in the unlikely event that you do have to draw, the mere sight of your gun will almost certainly make your attacker run away without you having to fire.
>Statistically speaking, even in the unlikely event that you do have to fire, you'll almost certainly end up firing only 2-3 rounds.
>Statistically speaking, even in the unlikely event that you do have to fire 2-3 rounds, your attacker is almost certainly not going to be either wearing body armor or on PCP, so virtually any caliber will be enough to stop them.
Long story short, "I have to carry a gun with a double-stack magazine full of 10mm or .40" is pure emotion and has nothing to do with facts, statistics, and reality.
>>
File: 1495411977489.jpg (91KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495411977489.jpg
91KB, 750x750px
>>34830100
t. communist dick suck
>>
>>34829871
>Carrying with an empty chamber is retarded and will get you killed
>slings only get in the way
If you have ever been out hunting you'd realize exactly how retarded you are. Hike 6-7 miles out on an excursion and you'll be wishing for a sling.
>>
File: AVS-9.jpg (9KB, 220x144px) Image search: [Google]
AVS-9.jpg
9KB, 220x144px
>Straight Pull rifles are far superior to turn bolt action rifles in several ways, and deserve far more popularity than they get, on par or comparable to Mauser action rifles rather than merely about five models of centerfire available in production.
>The AUG is objectively the right bullpup with an ACOG and IR laser
>AR-15's should be either super basic, like an M-16A2 or an M4A1 type of feature set, or entirely departed from old school features. Tubes handguards, custom triggers, and should also be ready to shoot at all hours with an IR laser and a good optic
>If you have a good magnified optic and don't anticipate the improbable event that it gets shot off, back up iron sights are purely academic.
>the 1911 is a perfectly fine pistol. So is glock. So is the M-9 and all its variants.
>NVG's are cool as fuck and while the white phospher tube crowd are okay, the digital heretics trying to make day looking color night vision don't grab me.
>I have terminal aspergers syndrome.
>I can't tell whether ball detent mounts or dovetail mounts on NVG are cooler. I hope to find out someday.
>>
>>34830303
>telling lies on the internet
If you actually use this site at 31, you have no room to talk down to anyone.
>>
>even without the drop issues everyone is sperging about, the p320 is still a shitty pistol
>>
>>34829871
>New AK designs are far better than the old one.

>30m1 is the best ww2 GI weapon
>>
>>34830574
Do you mean homicide rate or murder rate, because those aren't the same things?
>>
>>34829871
>>Bohemian rhapsody is a terrible song and I can't figure out why everyone likes it.

I agree with this 100% and Queen is also overrated.
>>
>ucp looks good and is okay as a camo (when used)
>>
>The Mosin is a perfectly fine rifle. Most people who complain about it are just retards who never cleaned all the cosmoline out of it, who don't properly clean and oil it, or who never figured out that the sights are adjustable.
>Most people should only own two or three guns, and should spend their money on ammo and range time instead.
>There's nothing wrong with background checks to make sure that violent crooks and mental patients can't easily buy guns.
>As long as it's not too burdensome a process and is "shall issue" for law-abiding citizens, requiring a carry permit is probably a good idea. Sorry, but I want the cops to be able to bust Tyrone and Jamal if they're carrying a gun with them and don't have a permit because they couldn't pass a background check or don't have the agency to go through the permit process.
>In a SHTF/WROL situation, guns will be necessary, but people WAY overemphasize them. Clean water, food, batteries, and basic medicine are just as important. For every hour you spend out at the range with a gun in your hand, you should be spending ten in your backyard with a spade in your hand learning how to grow a basic garden.
>>
>>34830100
>>The 2nd doesn't apply to virgins, if you can't successfully charm someone into bed then you're too much of an outcast to be trusted with guns.
My trap boyfriend *does* count, doesn't he?
>>
>>34830620
Bohemian Rhapsody much like Metallica's song One has the issue of being two separate songs punched into each other and being called a single song, it may be intentional but I don't like that neither song transitions into it's second part well.

Iron Maidens Hallowed be thy name is a good example of a song with two separate tones but transitioning between the two smoothly enough to be considered a single song.

>Autism
I know. And yes Queen is overrated, half of their "hits" are shit.
>>
>>34830577
Why is it that retards don't know how to read?
>>
>>34829871

/k/ should have flags. It would deter freedom hating yurotrash and nogunz.
>>
File: 1501894622497.jpg (92KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501894622497.jpg
92KB, 1080x1080px
>>34830414
>Yeah I only carry my AR concealed IWB because slings get in the way.
>>
>>34830768
>It would deter freedom hating yurotrash and nogunz.
no, I don't think so.

>deter the euros
no, it would just make people post more timestamped guns, because people like you would scream bullshit like "you are not from the US, you cannot possibly own guns".
Well, contrary to popular belief, we do.
>freedom hating yurotrash
A lot of us actually don't. Generalizations never work.
>deters the nogunz
Flags? probably not.

It would be nice, however, to have IDs on /k/. It makes it so much easier to have a coherent conversation.
>>
>>34830250
>lonely virgin men can't join military or are kicked out
>no air force
>half the army is gone
>marine corps only survives by implementing a top secret order
>Operation: "No Homo"
>corporals every where start cruelly sacrificing boot's assholes to Chesty Puller through heavily ritualized buttfucking
>still loses about half it's fighting force to shitbags looking for an excuse to get out
>>
File: 1500898577799.jpg (26KB, 541x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500898577799.jpg
26KB, 541x540px
>>34830116
>Wendy's is the best fast food restaurant

I think the fuck not.
>>
>>34829871
>Wrong
>Meh, not entirely wrong
>Not sure why this is even relevant
>ABSOLUTEFUCKINGRETARDATIONONEVERYLEVEL
>True for most pistol rounds, not at all true for rifles or knives
>HURF DURF PRETEND OPERATOR
>Posted from mom's basement
>Subjective matter of taste
>Well no fucking shit, sherlock, that's knot what tacticool shit is marketed for
>This meme
>Absolutely fucking retarded
>Uncultured
Please return to reddit, you are not among friends.
>>
>>34830021

They had better surplus those fucking Ranger enfields.
>>
>>34830901
>Generalizations never work

Some one post that meme about the woman who hitchhiked across the middle East to prove the generalization about Muslims being violent towards women wrong, only to be raped and murdered
>>
>>34830901
>Europeans don't hate freedom
Freedom hating isn't often used literally, its usually used to make note of Europe complacency toward not having control of their own countries and often disdain for certain aspects of American culture.
>>
>>34830901
>Eurps don't hate freedom
They actually do unless it's Czechoslovkia or Hungary. The rest fully buys into leftist collectivism utopia in which all power of the individual comes at the express permission of the state.
>>
>>34830943

Alright then fucko, what's your favorite fast food place?
>>
>>34830768
What is a "proxy," Alex
>>
>>34831333
>The rest fully buys...
>everyone does
Generalizations. Do. Not. Work.
Especially on a scale of a whole goddamn continent with vastly different peoples.

>>34831208
>not having control of their own countries
>implying implications

>and often disdain for certain aspects of American culture.
Well yeah. Straight back at yall. Case in point.

Thanks for that explanation though, never knew that was a metaphor.
>>
>>34831449
>Implying implications
America still has 1 degree of separation from control of the country (we vote for all of our officials who (claim they) share our interests who are balanced by other officials we also either vote for or are appointed by our officials as well as a constitution that openly supports breaking rules that the people deem "unamerican" whereas in most European countries you elect officials who seemingly (from across the pond) have to answer to a shadow government (EU) which is comprised of officials nobody picked.

We can argue for years about which is better but (the illusion of) control is more available to American people and it is inarguable that our rights are more protected (guns, knives, owning a tv without paying tax).

Not here to argue, just to illuminate the American perspective
>>
File: 1486764667129.jpg (298KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486764667129.jpg
298KB, 1280x720px
>>34830100
>>
File: 54645645646.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
54645645646.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>34829871
>CS knives are pretty good but Len Thompson's over the top advertising is what turns people off
>People who like "retro" pocket knives like opinels or Douk Douks are either Eurofag hipsters or knife fudds
>Ruger has been much better since Bill Ruger died
>NFA should be repealed or at least heavily amended
>The Feds should come in and declare all of CA's gun laws null and void
>AR's are boring and are actively killing real innovation in the American gun industry
>Milsurp guns are good first guns because you generally have to clean and inspect them when you first take one home
>There is literally nothing wrong with backgrounds checks but waiting periods are a load of ass
>>
>>34830581
Is that Jackie Chan wearing NODs?
>>
>>34829937
550 is great. It has a super think barrel profile, if they slimmed that down it would be much more inline with AR/AK
>>
>>34831401
Not that anon, but Freddy's is pretty good.
>>
>>34830116
Led Zeppelin is the most overrated band of all time next to maybe pink Floyd. Are you some weed addled teen who thinks van with murals are cool and owns multiple wizard posters?
>>
>>34831848
>Ruger has been much better since Bill Ruger died
nobody thinks this is an unpopular opinion
>>
>>34831848

You're ok.
>>
>>34830438

Yea I have a small number of knives I use and keep around that have lasted years apiece for EDC and general utility use instead of dozens of cheapo knives that are completely worn out. You pay for a good blade that will keep its edge and resist rust and corrosion as well as a good handle that will last for EDC and not have the clip break or wear out or have screws strip out.

$180 is NOT a lot of money for the versatility you get out of a knife in that price range.
>>
>>34831516
>officials who seemingly have to answer to a shadow government (EU) which is comprised of officials nobody picked.
You could think of it like US state law vs federal law, I think. If you assumed that the EU is one big "country" where the actual countries are akin to US states. Which works most times, except when it doesn't - think Brexit. Also those "laws" are more or less guidelines, the "EU states" (aka countries) should implement them, but there is some leniency. If you absolutely don't want to, you just don't do it. However those laws are mostly so generalized that noone actually does that, afaik.

In theory, the EU officials are elected by the people or at least indirectly via party lists (lol i don't even know) but noone cares because they never actually do anything (it seems) an noone knows them either. I guess it'd be like holding nationwide elections for the mayor of DC. Like, who cares?

>>34831516
>our rights are more protected (guns, knives, owning a tv without paying tax).
You know how I said there's some leniency on laws? Yeah. Different "EU states" (aka countries) have vastly different laws, too.
>knives
Thats a britbong only thing. Most others don't care.
>tv tax
actually thats more like a media tax these days (at least in my country) which means the state heavily subsidises high speed internet propagation, some other stuff, and oh, loads of radio stations which therefore need not rely on ads every five minutes. Only music, news, rinse and repeat. Which imho are good things.
>guns
Again vastly different between countries, but again, common misconception. I can own pretty much anything that isn't full auto or greater than .50cal (shotguns obviously expemted, I've never actually seen anyone with one bigger than a 12ga but I don't think theres a limit).
>>
>>34831970

Perhaps I should've said that ledzep was the better of the two.

>freeshrugs.jpg
>>
>>34830144
Tube magazines are autistic?
>>
>>34829871
>>Bohemian rhapsody is a terrible song and I can't figure out why everyone likes it.
Thought I was the only one desu.
>>
File: BTFO.png (39KB, 945x297px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
39KB, 945x297px
>>34829871
I like Karl from InrangeTV
>>
>>34831992
My dude I have a dozen sub $40 knives that have done the same.
It's a slab of fucking steel that's been sharpened and heat treated, not a piece of Swiss clockwork lol.
>>
>>34830732
They do read. They're reading your post and your post is shit.
>>
File: 1500668680518.jpg (49KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1500668680518.jpg
49KB, 403x403px
>>34830116
>notaninsufferableasshole/10
>>
>>34832073
>x happens less than y
>SO YOU'RE SAYING X NEVER HAPPENS?!?!
Please apply logic and reason next time you decide to post.
>>
>>34831848
>AR's are boring
Yes
>and are actively killing real innovation in the American gun industry
No.

If you want innovation, you make it. Don't complain about it and pin on an inanimate object. Go out, design a gun. It's not about why, it's about why not.
>>
>>34832101
It's saying that x is so rare that the chances of it happening are slim to none.

Do you never walk out of your house because there might be a one in a gibillion chance you'll get rekt by a bear?
>>
>>34831333
>Czechoslovakia
Hello 1992.
>>
>>34831019
The Canadian government will melt them down, guaranteed. Just like they did with all those Hi-Powers.
>>
>>34832030
He forgot the

~Karl

on his post.
>>
There's literally zero downsides to having a manual safety on a handgun
>>
>>34830554
Statistically speaking guns are bad and niggers are stupid.

Yet here we are on a board full of both with no real recorded incidents of injury.
>>
>>34830282
the literal purpose of the 2nd amendment is to guarantee the means of fighting a tyrannical government. its directed at the people's rights to bear the arms, not for the government to drill the militia
>>
>>34830282
>>34833372

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are two different documents, plus the latter does not grant any rights, it acknowledges natural rights every human being possesses.
>>
>>34833403
they may be separate documents physically, but the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution. Amendments AMEND the Constitution, meaning it is part of it.
>>
>>34830245
Magazine disconnects are autistic, but I'd like to hear why you believe they are necessary
>>
>>34830677
Disagree with points 3 and 4 (background checks are just a side avenue for the government to collect a lot of data on regular gun sales that they have no business keeping; a carry permit would be fine, like a background check, as an optional legal CYA but not as a legal mandate).

That said, point 5 is very true. You can't eat brass and lead. Using them to rob and kill: sooner or later, you'll end up eating dirt and worms.
>>
>>34833479

If the BOR was the Constitution, it would amend itself and not the Constitution.
>>
>>34829871
>Unpopular Opinions

>Getting a firearms license should come with a mandatory one time mental health evaluation, and a general intelligence test

I dunno, maybe it would stop shitters getting gonz
>>
>>34830116
fug I agree with pretty much all of these
>>
>>34833574
What the fuck are you talking about? The Bill of Rights is an addition to the Constitution because Federalist leaders couldnt get the support they needed to ratify it. The Bill of Rights was written and included to be A PART of the Constitution when it was ratified. Oh and btw dipshit, the Bill of Rights doesnt amend anything, the Constitution does. The Bill of Rights only the first 10 Amendments
>>
>>34829871
pistol edition

> (light)DA/SA is best trigger for anything not a range toy

>Slide mounted controls, frame mounted controls, slickslides..... who fucking cares? It's preference.

>Trigger guard magazine releases on pistols are best option

>.38 Snubnose and handcannons are the only use for revolvers today
>>
>>34833878
P30 hk asslicker detected
>>
>>34829903
THIS
>>
>>34829871
>I prefer having a hammer over striker-fired.

>ARs don't interest me. I don't have a problem with them, I'm just not interested in owning one.

>With the right bullet and load, I don't think there's any real need to use +P over standard pressure in a handgun cartridge.
>>
>>34829961

My thoughts exactly. Range only faggots wouldn't understand. I almost never take my sling-less guns into the field. Its a hassle.
>>
>>34829871
>Yes
>No
>No
>No
>No
>No
>Mine bugs me more than I actually use it so I can see it
>No
>Half-Half, you should buy a good knife but you don't need a Cold Steel tier tacticool knife, despite me acknowledging in the beginning that CS makes fine knives
>Half-Half, you get what you pay for but I'd say they're a great bang for your buck brand
>Suppressive fire when used in a team is hugely important, I'll give you that.
>You're a massive faggot, that's why you don't get it
>>
>>34833135
You're not even wrong, and that's what's sad.
>>
>>34831873
Yes. Yes it is.
>>
File: 1502126266947.jpg (220KB, 985x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1502126266947.jpg
220KB, 985x1566px
>>34829871
This fucking thread again
>>
>>34834714
TWO SCOOPS
>>
>>34830596
He's being colloquial, but violent crimes are gonna be making up the majority of those homicides.
>>
>>34832053

> Superior alloys aren't actually any better!

Ask me how I know you never use your knives for anything other than opening UPS packages containing dragon dildos.
>>
File: Texas flag bearer.jpg (151KB, 800x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Texas flag bearer.jpg
151KB, 800x1648px
>>34831401
Whataburger.
>>
a gun is only obsolete if it stops killing people.
>>
>>34829903
Definitely
>>
>>34829871
This is true tbqh. Anybody that says otherwise has probably never even held one.

Eh, mostly true, (aside from one shot stops on unarmored assailants at close range) but you have to take into consideration that civilians don't have anywhere near the amount of money that the military does and stand to greatly benefit from a jack of all trades gun like a shotgun.

>Hard armor outside of an active war theater is a liability more than it is a benefit.

Mostly true barring SHTF larping or entry teams

Wrong, watch any Active Self Protection video on the issue.

Skipping a few points because they're not at all controversial.

You didn't even bother trying to substantiate this claim because even you know it's wrong, as illustrated by YOUR VERY NEXT FUCKING POINT

Completely true, but comes into direct conflict with your last statement.

Have you just never held anything made by Tapco or Magpul? The difference in construction quality and durability is pretty fucking apparent.
>>
>>34834873
Hey retard, most of them use the same steel.
>>
>>34831848
I like retro knives because they're non-threatening if a social situation requires use of a knife

>oh geez I gotta open this packaging
>here bud use my MURDERTRON420 Tactical Warfighter Operator Deluxe
>>
>>34829871
>>Shotguns are obsolete and outclassed by rifles for everything but doors and birds.

its an unpopular opinion to you, because you're flat-out ignorant.

in states with more than 1 person per square mile you cant hunt deer with a rifle.
>>
>>34835039
Okay, I admit knives with skulls and shit on them look tacky as fuck, even if they're name brand. I personally prefer modern folders but without the tacticool color schemes.
>>
>>34830303
>I only got a 6er of craft beer and a bj.

Well, your mom sure went beyond the call of duty for your B-day. Who gave you the beer?
>>
File: bretty guud.gif (29KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
bretty guud.gif
29KB, 482x800px
>>34829871
Yeah mate you spelt it out well. Just fuck off with being edgy about Queen. You dont have to like Bohemian Rhapsody, but you are a cunt if you think it to be poorly made.
>>
>>34835036

Fucking poorfags need to lurk more before spouting utter falsehoods.
>>
>>34829976
transition
retention
rear sling to free your hands
sone dickhead can't easily remove your rifle
>>
File: Hades.gif (460KB, 220x132px) Image search: [Google]
Hades.gif
460KB, 220x132px
>>34830100

10/10 well done
>>
Bolt action is boring as fuck
>>
>>34830116
>Wendy's is the best
>not chick-fil-a or KFC $5 fill ups

No. And this is coming from an Ohioan where we have Wendy's on every fucking corner.
>>
File: seamus.jpg (54KB, 374x767px) Image search: [Google]
seamus.jpg
54KB, 374x767px
>>34830250
>virgins shouldn't be in the military

You do realize that "fresh outta high-school" boots make up a large percent of recruits right? do you suggest prostitutes? Also, what if, just imagine this, some people CHOOSE NOT TO have sex? I hear some people practice this before Christian marriage ceremonies, and it was at one time celebrated in classical cultures.

Weird, but do you think that was a mistake?
>>
>>34829871
Could back ya on all but the last one.

....and the CCW being unloaded part
>>
>>34829930
If it isn't drop safe it shouldn't be a carry weapon mane
>>
>>34830100
go back to your nanny state
>>
>>34830620

Found the faggots who never won the big game and played we are the champion in the locker room with your bros you've suffered with all season
>>
>>34832120
I would argue that ARs have set the intro to rifles so low, and are such a gold-standard for value, that it kinda has killed the market.

"Want a lever action? hurr buy an AR, it's $200 cheaper then that Winchester/Henry"

"Want a shotgun? Buy an AR, it's better, and PSA is barely more, and cheaper ammo"

"Why do you want a wood hunting-gun for durr? Just get an AR, it's only $100 more than that Ruger American/Savage Axis scope combo"

Ad nauseum, rinse and repeat. Imagine, once the patent runs out, that Glocks suddenly become $250 flat, for NIB glocks. Taurus Glocks, S&W glocks (not just SDV9 2, poly boogaloo). That would essentially turn the entire pistol market into nothing but glocks, and the price point would be so low it would be hard to enter with anything new without everyone looking at your new design and going "lel, just buy a glock man".
>that being said I'm implying this already hasn't happened with polymer pistol market explosion
>>
>>34834186
If it had a carry handle it may not be so bad. But it still wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>34829871

Isn't the way things are going future wars will be fought in cities and close quarters? Wouldn't shotguns be king in that sort of thing? -t. never seen combat in life
>>
>>34829871
A-10 is shit for close air support
>>
>>34836023
How fag
>>
>>34836054
One dude doing too many things. Rotary wing or AC-130 is better.
>>
>AR fans are bad for public opinion of firearms, it's not that ARs are bad it's just that some guys LARP as special ops and weird out the general public, looking at you /ARG/

>.22 copies of guns can be a lot of fun and reasonably accurate

>most of /k/ is nogunz fatso virgins with no life experience

>Garands are not very good guns

>tavors are ok but not amazing
>>
File: 12 gauge birdshot 10 feet.jpg (408KB, 358x2715px) Image search: [Google]
12 gauge birdshot 10 feet.jpg
408KB, 358x2715px
Bird shot is fine for home defense. See?
>>
File: 1501471240431.jpg (19KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1501471240431.jpg
19KB, 403x389px
>>34830116
>traps are gay
How is it gay if she looks like a girl in every way except for a penis?
>>
OP is a contrarian pansy. He's got pussy for balls.
>>
>>34836172

>assigning massive quantities of limited resources to fuel his autismal megaprojects
>ever listening to Goring
>nothing wrong
m8
>>
>>34830228
UNPOPULAR opinions thread.
>>
>>34830239
I'm not here to contradict unpopular opinions, but I'm 100% up to correct inconsistent logic.

>9mm is chosen over .45 for capacity and followup shots
>so that you can miss more
>like over 2x more, and you can miss more quickly after a shot too
>but .45 is compensating for bad aim tho
>>
>>34830337
>shall
>not a choice
>issue
>license to carry
>shall not infringe the right to bear arms
>like imagine if you made it so you couldn't carry withou a license
>oh now I speak english
>>
>hitler did nothing wrong
>taurus revolvers are good
>USA should have more laws regulating guns
>i like little girls
>.380 is a good caliber
>we shouldn't obey the law
>>
>Hitler did some wrong stuff
>911 actually happened
>1911 is a very good handgun
>the FAL fuckkn sucks
>Mcdiddle's is the superior fast food chain
>G11 is overrated
>Glocks r sht
>>
>>34836400

>fucking your hot sister shouldn't be wrong
>men are actually more important than woman
>skypes and kebabs shouldn't exist
>>
>>34829871
At least I agree with the last one
>>
>>34831970
>Are you some weed addled teen who thinks van with murals are cool and owns multiple wizard posters?
What year are you living in, 1978?
>>
I think most German equipment from WW2 looks like fucking garbage, including the Tiger tank and Bf-109. They have none of the grace and beauty of American or British designs.
>>
File: 1485065975723.jpg (69KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1485065975723.jpg
69KB, 640x628px
>>34836542
>>
File: The only decent lever action.jpg (2MB, 4020x980px) Image search: [Google]
The only decent lever action.jpg
2MB, 4020x980px
Lever actions are retarded and have no place in the modern day.
>>
>>34830116
The thread says "unpopular"
>>
>>34830327
Can second this. My buddy's brother isn't ugly, has money, is fit as hell, just doesn't seem interested in anyone though.
>>
>>34835036
I have two hatchets one was a $60 one made in Finland. The other was some $17 from Taiwan. Can you guess which blade had full blown chunks missing out of it after a couple weeks?
>>
>>34836686
I'll take "Queer as a Three Dollar Bill" for $800 Alex.
>>
>>34836614
Fun to shoot
>>
>>34836737
He may as well be but if he is he hides it very well
>>
>>34836743
Fun? Fun has no place here.
Internet=Serious Business
>>
>>34834219
That song was literally sung by faggots
>>
File: Spicy Meatballs.jpg (1MB, 3573x2430px) Image search: [Google]
Spicy Meatballs.jpg
1MB, 3573x2430px
>Meme guns that autists lust over are fucking stupid.

There's nothing wrong with being a serious collector if you have the money, but the myth of certain guns is fucking ridiculous.

Your CZ 75 Short Rail or Jericho 941 isn't going to make you a chinese cartoon, and your Korth isn't going to make you a refined man of taste.
Quit being a gun fedoras goddamn it.
>>
File: 1423072218575.gif (923KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1423072218575.gif
923KB, 500x280px
>>34830245
>>
fluted barrels on 22s are retarded
>>
>>34829871
[citation needed]
>>
>Magpul is functional but low quality
I bought a used WASR with Magpul furniture in hopes of unfucking it, but I quite like the MoeAK pistol grip. Is that Haram?
>>
>>34831848
>ARs are boring and actively killing real innovation in the American gun industry
fucking. this.
If I had a nickle for every AR15 I've seen I'd be rich enough to buy Smith & Wesson, end their AR15 line, and subsidize the losses out of pocket for the next 3 years
>>
>>34834219
>>You're a massive faggot, that's why you don't get it
Except there's nothing to "get" you hipster fuck, even freddie mercury said that song is about nothing.
>>
File: lutysmgvol1.jpg (132KB, 761x530px) Image search: [Google]
lutysmgvol1.jpg
132KB, 761x530px
>>34830677
>Implying Jamal and tyrone can't just get a stolen gun, or in this situation, someone making guns for them.
>>
>Hi Points are completely capable firearms

>The American gun lobby is cancer that strays from the true glory of firearms

>Within our lifetimes the parties will switch, Dems will be progun and GOP will be anti

>It isn't wrong to like some guns for pure aesthetics
>>
>>34837070
I bought an M&P 15 and I regret it. Sure, it;'s a great rifle, but it's fucking boring and doesn't entertain me unless I'm shooting it. Trying to trade for an AK but reasonably no one wants it.
>>
>>34836172
Got to shoot one of those nifty .22 tacticool MP5s, can confirm they're fun as hell. Thing was a little tack driver
>>
>>34837276
>Within our lifetimes the parties will switch, Dems will be progun and GOP will be anti

Nope, the US would collapse before that ever happens
>>
>>34837428
Honestly though sometime in the near future one of the parties could fracture and dissolve. Not sure it'll happen but it's getting increasingly possible
>>
>>34837469
Fracture? Nah, I don't think so

MAYBE the Democrats considering how hard left progressives are becoming

But two-party system and increasingly partisan politics reflecting a cold culture war means people know that division will only help their opposing party
>>
>>34830100
>Finally moved away from libcuck parents, want to buy handgun
> Go to Gunstore, really excited
> Step inside, alarm goes off, green lights flash
>"VIRGIN ALERT, VIRGIN ALERT"
> Old Man Behind Counterwith large cowlick laughs at me, turns off alarm
>talks to me
>Sorry m8, only non-vigins can own a gun, outcast law of 2021
>Feel bad, lived with parents, never interacted with girls
> Download Tinder, OK Cupid, other shit
>No Luck
>Too Poor for prostute, dont wanna get the clap
>Eventually fuck some other dude from an AK thread on K
>sucked, but whatever
>Go back to store
>Orange lights flash
>Cowlicker comes up
>Laughs at me for only having sex once
>Only allowed to buy break action .22

Fuck This law DESU
>>
>>34829903
Completely fucking CORRECT.
Irons and bolt guns go together like a dick and a vagina.
BRING BACK IRONS FOR BOLT GUNS!
>>
>>34830100
>The 2nd doesn't apply to virgins
>Minimum age to own handguns should be 25 for FFL and private sale alike, your brain simply isn't mature enough until then.
Considering you either can't read the 2nd ammendment or think that virginity is relevant to personhood, you clearly shouldn't own a gun by your own standards.
>>
>>34830100
SHALL
>>
Here it goes
> The only bad things /pol/acks post are "What if" threads
>The Desert Eagle is just a pretty Hi-Point
>The M3A1 is one of the greatest SMGs ever created
>People only like German stuff because it looks nice
>All commies should be banned as they only talk about politics and pretend they have a Mosin
>.45+p > 10mm
>Skeptics ruined Soccer mom threads
>Mishaco is the best gun channel on YouTube
>"The March of the Black Queen" is Queen's best song
>>
I'm not much of a Queen fan, but the "Don't Stop me Now" scene from Shaun of the Dead was fucking priceless.
>>
>black polymer is sexier than wood furniture

>camo is overrated; solid-color uniforms like OD green is where it's at
>>
>>34829903
Why is it so hard to find a bolt action rifle with full peep sights that let you mount a scope without losing them.
>>
>>34830100
Bait but this is why everyone being given the right to vote is a mistake.
>>
>>34833576
Nobody disagrees with this, except for the shitters who would fail the tests.
Anyway I assume you mean it should be implemented universally as opposed to some states in the US/countries.
>>
>FALs are more durable, accurate, and reliable than any AK variant
>>
Multicam is shit
>>
>>34838269
Liking that scene is unpopular? This is news to me.
>>
File: 1494606075172.gif (393KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1494606075172.gif
393KB, 493x342px
>>34836412
>>
File: 1501078823234.jpg (39KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1501078823234.jpg
39KB, 720x405px
>>34836412
>>
>Carrying a gun should come with some mandatory training courses and requalification. If cops have to qualify, you and I should too.
>>
>>34830282
One, deadly weapons aren't toys, so I think that by referring to them as such you're a bit immature to be posting here. Two, yes, if you go to Article I Section 8 it gives the government controls over the militia, but the second amendment doesn't only apply to the militia. Try reading the DC v Heller decision if you're confused.
>>
>>34829871
>piston ARs > DI ARs for specialized purposes
>Glock grip angle is great
>steeper pistol grips on ARs are only useful for PDW-types
>shotguns are only useful for breaching and hunting
>battle rifles are a bad idea in most environments (especially here on the east coast)
>.300 BLK does have a purpose
>full auto on rifles is only useful for australian peel drills
>red dots on pistols are the way to go if you have the money
>buying ARs is better than assembling them yourself
>milsurpfags need to branch out more and acquire more historical weapons (swords, axes, spears, muskets). WWII and WWI weapons are too mainstream
>Larry Vickers is a good instructor
>>
>>34830250
I know you're trolling but I feel like clarifying that loose women are more dangerous to a population than the male virgins.
>>
>>34829943
What's the point when an SBR is probably shorter than a suppressed MK23 when you punch it out?
>>
>>34829903
This Anon speaks the tru-tru
>>
>>34829871
>slings get in the way more than they're helpful
>I've never carried a rifle further than from table to the firing line at a range
Completely and utterly retarded.
>hard armor outside of an active war theater is a liability more than it is a benefit
How? This doesn't even make sense. I bet you're one of those
>muh mobility
Fags, despite having never had to wear body armor for extended periods. It's not that bad, just a little heavy.
>keeping your HD
This is true
>or CCW with an empty chamber isn't a real issue
This is not.

Also, Bohemian Rhapsody is a masterpiece and blew everybody's fucking mind when it came out. You probably don't like it because it's basically become a meme since Wayne's World.
>>
>>34830581
Straight pull rifles shouldn't even exist. If you need to remove your trigger hand to work the bolt, It's not faster than a bolt action.
And if you want speed, pump action is faster and you can keep your trigger finger where it belongs.
Straight pull has no advantages.
>>
>>34830245
>Gang members shouldn't have weapons
Never thought of it this way, telling them no always stops criminals
>>
>>34830100
>>The 2nd doesn't apply to virgins, if you can't successfully charm someone into bed then you're too much of an outcast to be trusted with guns.
It doesn't say that, this is just (you) trying to be cool
>>Minimum age to own handguns should be 25 for FFL and private sale alike, your brain simply isn't mature enough until then.
Nah, if they can send teens to fight and die they can vote and own guns
>>Mandatory interview with local PD prior to buying your first semi auto with detachable magazines.
Stupidity, a leftist executive would turn this into a gun ban. God you're dumb
>>MG registry should be re opened but you're only allowed to keep them at ranges with a proper vault.
I'll keep your gf in my proper bed, commie
>>
>Glocks are mediocre pistols and are overpriced for what you get.
>They're a favorite on /k/ because they're the first pistol you fags learned to shoot and adjusted to its shitty grip angle
>Glock Perfection threads and Sig Drop Test threads are annoying as shit
>Modified weaver is just as effective as isosceles.
>>
>>34830116
I agree with most of these, except Culvers is the best fast food restaurant.
Family Guy ruined Queen for me forever.
>>
Should I trade my p320 for a sig 1911 xo until the p320 debacle blows over
>>
>>34840506
Value wise yeah
>>
>>34829871

True.

Shotguns are more fun to shoot though but otherwise you are right.

How is this an unpopular opinion?

Correct. Keeping it chambered can cause dangerous situations.

>The differences between any commonly compared firearms or calibers are always too negligible to matter. Same with knives.

Lol no. Differences in recoil and power and velocity are important. You are right about the knifes though.

>There is no reason to buy milsurp over modern production guns other than collecting.

Absolutely. I hate /k/ because of LARPing nugget faggots. Milsurp is usually trash.

Depends on how you use the gun and for what purpose. I tend to disagree.

No. Function is more important.

Any small knife will be fine for EDC.

True.

>Full auto is far more useful than most firearm enthusiasts advocate mostly due to sour grapes.

Yep. Suppressing fire with full auto doesn't get enough credit.

>Bohemian rhapsody is a terrible song and I can't figure out why everyone likes it.

Wut?
>>
>>34829871
Italian tanks were not that bad.
>>
File: 1498987674277.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498987674277.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>34833083

I'm still waiting to see anybody unironically call it "Czechia."
>>
>>34833535
Not the same anon, but I support their use. I don't think I'd ever say something should be mandated by law, cause keep your laws off muh funz.

I always thought it's a good idea because most self defense shootings happen within seven yards I believe. Meaning if there is a struggle for the gun because a bad guy is most likely going to be very close, all I have to do is kick out my mag and I leave him with a useless hunk of metal.
>>
>peep sights are the worst of them all on a military weapon.
>>
>>34831401
Chick-fil-A is my favorite by far.
>>
>>34829889

>Step one don't hang out in coontown.
>Step two don't hang out in spicville.
>Step three don't hang out in gookcity.

Most people who fall for the CCW meme live in white towns, or rural settings. Areas not frequented by the North American Pavement Ape, Southern Fence Jumper, or the South East Asian Boat Rat.

Just admit you have a make my dick hard Dirty Harry fantasy complex, and stop larping mall ninja.

Open carry is fine if you live in a free state and don't dress like a slob though.
>>
>>34840506
Yes, and then never trade back. 1911 is a better weapon
>>
>Niggers, fags, and commies should not have any constitutional rights
>Strong state weak fed is how we end up with california and should be done away with
>The government should have the right to take guns from the mentally ill and those who are a threat to the well being of society and this country
>OC is not a right and should not be a thing
>The machine gun registry was a good idea, and I would hate to see it be abolished and make full auto ARs a cheap item
>>
>>34831848
>>There is literally nothing wrong with backgrounds checks but waiting periods are a load of ass
No one calls attention to enabling gun registries for confiscation a la Katrina.

baka desu senpai, cuck /k/
>>
>>34841265
Fuck you for hating on original content, with out OC all we have are stale memes.
>>
>>34829871
i hope a swarm of Piranhas eat your balls
>>
>>34829977
>>34839494
So you guys really would rather use a 75 grain round or a 230 grain round going the same speed?
>>34830011
It's hard to aim with a LAM and NODs? Are you grasping for straws, or are you actually retarded.
>>
>>34841265
Excellent bait
>>
>>34830584
why? im 32 ive been here for over 10 years
>>
>>34841515
>anything I disagree with is bait
/k/ucks in action fellas
>>
>>34841265

Yeah, those are unpopular opinions for a reason.
>>
>>34829871
Kalashnikov pattern is obsolete
>>
>>34836216
>How is it gay if there's a penis involved?
Remember: It's not a chick with a dick, it's a dude with boobs.
>>
>>34836216
nobody is taking your bait. Go home you queer.
>>
>>34839532
>hard armor outside of an active war theater is a liability more than it is a benefit
This 100% In all likelihood you would probably get shot in a limb and bleed out because you couldn't haul ass fast enough to get to cover
>>
>>34841265
>commies shouldn't have rights
>proceeds to advocate for a stronger centralized government
>>
>>34836172
He opened up a second front that cost him the war? How was that not wrong?
>>
>>34829871
>no reason to buy milsurp other than collection
>form is just as important as function
These two statements contradict each other.
these two statements contrad
>>
>>34841643
you gave him one more (You) than he needed.
>>
>>34841898
also I'm having a stroke apparently
>>
File: Born2Meme.jpg (42KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
Born2Meme.jpg
42KB, 344x344px
A2 is the most aesthetically pleasing incarnation of the M16.
>>
>>34829871

"I post gun memes from England"

-the thread
>>
>>34841125

> cityscum posts
>>
>>34841182

>sig 1911
>>
>Israel is a fundamentally good entity and a bastion of modern values in the Middle East
>subguns are still relevant
>Korean food is objectively better than anything Europe has to offer
>Cold Steel knives work but they have a bad reputation for some of their more tacticool products and their mallninja-targeted advertising
>ARs are good because they've revitalized the gun industry, but they have stifled new development to the point that I no longer expect cool new products when SHOT Show comes around
>CAWADOOTY kids area a necessary evil because they generally grow up to be pro 2A
>the best fixed blade knife on the market right now for general use is the Tops Frog Market Special
>>34831401
Wingstop, faggot.
>>
>>34836614
Here's a real unpopular opinion for you pussies.
>the front handguard on this tacticool levergun would actually look pretty good and be very functional on a more traditionally styled levergun with a wood stock, traditional irons, and no flashhider
>>
>>34839539
no, what I DO want though, is fewer movements in cycling the bolt, and in the event of a stuck case, I want to just hammer in one direction against the bolt rather than struggle with the little leverage I can apply to the bolt vertically on the radial axis of the rifle. Also, I really like the precision/long range shooting thing, so pump action is out as fuck because muh free floating barrel and all that jazz. If I'm worried about speed, I'll use a semi auto. If you need speed, theirs NO niche for manual action because they are ever outpaced and outclassed by semi autos that do the same thing, and usually with lesser felt recoil, firing as fast as you can aim and fire if not faster... I just like straight pull because it's easier to make accurate than a semi auto and would in theory be cheaper from a gunsmithing perspective, there's more leverage if you need it, fewer movements when you don't, and even better, you don't have to unshoulder many of them to cycle the bolt.
>>
>>34841396
It isn't even the best queen song
>>
>>34830116
black sabbath is best
>>
>>34830239
>rifles chambered in anything larger than 300aac have no reason to have barrels under 20'"

say that to my ruger american chambered in 450 bushmaster with a 16 inch barrel
>>
Idk if unpopular with /k/ per say, but since my thoughts aren't reality, they definitely aren't popular.

>mandatory 4 hour gun safety training by age 10 in *EVERY* school system, public or private.
>4 teir gun license system:

teir0 l, no license, can legally own any manual loading firearm(bolt, lever, pump, break action or muzzle loading) suppresors are 100% legal on any firearm you can own;

teir1 ffl1 license, mandatory 6 hour gun training (think basic hunter safety course +) (care, operation, what you can and can't do etc.) Can legally own any semi auto firearm.;

teir 2 ffl2 license mandatory 10 hour training that allows for open or concealed carry off of your own land(equivalent to ccw training classes);

Teir 3 ffl3 license: can legally manufacture, sell firearms and also own any full auto firearms.

All licenses can be easily obtained by anyone, and maybe some small fee for teir 2 and 3 to ensure only people who actually care to conceal/open carry and also to deture litterally anyone from access to full retard guns.

>the 1911 design is still perfectly fine in today's time(the fact that anyone can make them and qc on them being terrible makes them look unreliable)

>although it still gets the job done, there are more effective pistol rounds to use then 9mm for self defense

> there is no better home defense round then #4 to 00 buckshot in a shotgun

>any crime committed with a firearm is punishable by death (if you are turning a firearm on another human for anything other then preventing/stopping crime then you can not be "rehabilitated")

>any round that has more energy then .308 has no purpose in anything less then a 20" barrel

>an optic does not need to meet or exceed the cost of the firearm it's put on to be effective, cost or otherwise

>every school should be required to have at least one teacher plus another teacher per ~250 students to have a ccw at all time's
>>
>>34840865

that's a lot of mental gymnastics
>>
>>34830554

I agree with this. I especially love to see people with all their gear and guns in their truck as though they're gonna fight their way to their truck and have an epic battle or be required to do extra special tactical shit.
>>
>>34835490
A not drop safe gun with a round not in the chamber on person is better than nothing.

Gotta remember the poor fags.
>>
>>34830178

counter point is you're a Faggot
>>
>>34836199

they're alive to make it to the hospital to have those pics taken. it's not fine
>>
>>34829871
9/10 of what most of the US population needs a firearm for can be handled with a single shot 20 gauge shotgun.
>>
>>34829881
This.
Slings are for people who are doing more than just shooting.
>>
File: 1463761871722.png (40KB, 750x700px) Image search: [Google]
1463761871722.png
40KB, 750x700px
>ARs and glock are the death of gun Innovation
>polymer will never be sexy
>wood and steel is sexy
>>
File: 1363475870059.jpg (47KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1363475870059.jpg
47KB, 453x500px
>>34829976
>>
>>34830116
>traps are gay
reeeeeee
>>
>>34830245
>5rd
>>
>>34833574
are you autistic?
>>
>>34830116
>traps are gay
so? they're better than real girls
>>
>>34830282
>the Constitution grants the Gov't the right
does no such thing, the constitution explicitly limits what the government can do
>>
i wish ARs were a $1000+ for even the cheap ones. the mall ninja/tacticool/operator stuff is getting tiresome and has made gun owners viewed the same as the trashy people who are into pro wrestling, monster trucks and MMA
>>
>>34841432
why the fuck do you think 230gr .45 and a 75gr rifle cartridge have the same muzzle velocity
>>
>>34829871
>>Keeping your HD or CCW weapon with an empty chamber isn't a real issue
This is fucking ridiculous. Maybe for HD yes but CCW should away have one chambered
>>
>>34829912
>>34830353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPiic-ELoM
>>
>>34830554
>Even most cops go their whole careers never drawing their weapon anywhere but the range.
I highly doubt this
>>
Too many people focus on guns and ammo when they should be focusing on training and first aid.
>>
First aid is one of the most important things to learn when it comes to shooting. Nobody cares if you can draw and fire two shots in .90 seconds when you can't treat a gunshot wound.
>>
>>34831970
I don't think those people are teenagers anymore
>>
>>34844658
>Bad guy Rob's you with knife
>Pull gun
>Bad guy grabs at gun
>Drop mag
>Run away
>?????
>Profit

Shortened it for you
>>
>>34830438
I've spent more than that on multiple occasions, and as a person that has no problem with budget EDC knives, I can tell you that there is absolutely a difference between a $40 Kershaw and a $240 ZT. I won't pretend that you need to spend that much to get a decent knife, but there's definitely something to be said for doing so.
>>
>>34846919
>We need more healers for this raid guys, come on!

Emergency first aid is fucking simple.
Make it breath, stop it's bleeding, allow circulation if it's not bleeding out.
>>
>>34846312
This was for you.>>34848080
>>
File: Lightweight20AR1.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lightweight20AR1.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
>>34830259
Built a puppy like this one with poor fag parts. Why didn't they go with an adjustable when developing the M16A2 is beyond me. Body armor was an issued thing at that time.

>External gas piston
>perfectly fine

My dude. External piston like the AK are 1 lbs pieces of steel. They cam right next to the barrel which imparts a wobble on the round. There was a webm showing this and one of an AR round flying out of the barrel perfectly straight. I wouldn't buy into that system based on that.

The only things the AK piston has over the AR is no such thing as over gassing (fixed with the heavier full auto bolt) and them being able to fire underwater. Other than that its heavy and decreases accuracy. May be I'm wrong and a wobbling bullet is fine and in fact helps with yawing and shit. Why anyone would want one is inexplicable.
>>
>bohemian rhapsody is a terrible song

Fuck you
>>
>>34829943
The only offensive handgun caliber that makes sense is 10mm
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.