[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cali noguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: landayes.jpg (314KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
landayes.jpg
314KB, 970x545px
Looking for a California legal rifle or shotgun under $800 bucks. Too deep to move out of cali for the next 3-4 years, and with Cali slowly going down the shitter on the verge of becoming balkanized, I decided to just act quickly and buy a gun now rather than when I move out to a more gun friendly state (my original plan)
>>
Keltec KSG is your best friend right now shotgun-wise, rifle-wise your best bet is a fixed mag SKS. If you don't like old wood stuff, there are plenty of really nice bullpup and modernization kits out there for it, just keep the fixed mag and you'll be fine.
>>
File: oh.jpg (114KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
114KB, 640x320px
>>34828734
Been hearing about the SKS, but I've been getting mixed results about its' reliability. I've been told it's shit in muddy areas (my part of California is urban as fuck so rarely any mud) and that it's also shit in sandy environments, and that's the part that worries me, seeing as how Southern California hasn't exactly gotten out of its' drought yet so sand and dust are pretty abundant inbetween urban communities and cities.
>>
File: 1502385299558.jpg (65KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1502385299558.jpg
65KB, 453x604px
>>34828708
SKS and moist nugget best cheap options
>>
The SKS is a lot of fun, have fun with your shitty cali compliant guns I feel sorry for you guys
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>34828757
muh bullet button
>>
File: rick2.jpg (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rick2.jpg
138KB, 800x600px
>>34828759
>mfw dont live in commiefornia
>>
File: leakedbuoy.jpg (79KB, 667x684px) Image search: [Google]
leakedbuoy.jpg
79KB, 667x684px
>>34828762
*Kommieforniastan
>>
File: top.jpg (122KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
122KB, 1400x425px
>>34828708
Mini 14 ranch.
>>
>>34828708
SKS
M1 Carbine
Saiga 12
any shotgun
any bolt action rifle
pretty much anything that's not an AR

you're welcome
>>
>>34828764
*La Tierra de Commieforniastan aka Baja California Mejor
>>
>>34828708
>SKS
>Ruger Mini-14
>Ruger Mini-30
>Ares/Fitelite SCR (though it might end up costing you more).
Avoid the KelTec SU16 and it's variants, it's kind of flimsy and can't handle any serious volume of fire, it's greatly stressed by any kind of magdumping or rapid fire.

For shotguns I would suggest
>Mossberg 590
>Mossberg 590A1 (comes with a bayonet lug)
>Ithaca 37
>Winchester 1300 (Duke Nukem approved!)
>Savage Model 67
I'd say to avoid any Remington shotgun because they're all janky rustbuckets these days. If you can find one from before the 2000's or so they would be quite good but expect to pay more for one.
>>
>>34828954
This.
>>
>>34828749
>I've been told it's shit in muddy areas (my part of California is urban as fuck so rarely any mud) and that it's also shit in sandy environments
This is greatly exaggerated, and also can kind of happen to sort of any gun.

This stuff really only becomes an issue if you literally fall with your gun and land with it into a mud puddle (and the action is allowed to stay submerged in deep, viscuous, goopy mud for several seconds), or if you get caught in a sandstorm (in which case you have other problems).
It'll be easy to fix, particularly with the SKS, because it's such a simple rifle, and it generally isn't something that happens a lot to people, even in the armed forces or in war zones.
>>
>>34828755
The Nugget is actually fucking terrible for what people ask for them nowadays.
>>
>>34829120
fair enough, what are they now like $250?
>>
>>34829221
If you're lucky, I've seen them at $350, which is just insane, but that's what happens when there aren't more coming in and demand catches up. At least they become less attractive to bubba once they go up in price.

They were actually pretty alright back when they were cheaper than shit, then the flaws could be kind of excused, and some of them could be fixed (like stickybolt, which wasn't necessarily always because of cosmoline).
>>
>>34828982
Don't forget lever-actions
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.