[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCS acceptance odds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8042.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8042.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
Where can I get real information on OCS? Everything I look up online gives me different answers. Some say anybody over 25 years old doesn't have a shot, some say you need a certain degree to stand a chance, certain GPA, experience in the work force before applying, collegiate sports, etc. Where can I just find any real info on it? I really want to join as an officer, but will go enlisted if I have to before and wait x years before I can apply for OCS then. Does anybody have info on here I can ask? I just cant find anything and it's stressing me out
>>
1. Have a Bachelors degree, any GPA over 3.0 will help a ton.
2. Meet the fitness standards/exceed them by a decent amount (1/6th of the minimum standard).
3. Apply to OCS before you're past 28 years old.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT ADMIT TO ANY MEDICAL ISSUES THAT THEY CANT TELL BY BLOODWORK OR BY LOOKING AT YOU. THEY CANNOT ASK FOR YOUR PAST MEDICAL RECORDS WITHOUT A GOOD REASON. IF THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT IT, IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED!!!!!
>>
>>34828147
Doesn't lying about a past medical issue raise the chance of getting dishonorably discharged?
>>
>>34828165
Yes it does.
I put down childhood asthma, patois schlatters, eczema and bee sting allergy.
I made it through DODMERB, but the doc who examined me told me that there was no need to put any of it down, he passed me just like I hadn't put any of it down.
Is there a specific thing you're concerned about?
>>
>>34828336
For eye surgery that wasn't lasik
>>
>>34828165
or get you elected as president
>>
File: 1484239331388.jpg (96KB, 638x631px) Image search: [Google]
1484239331388.jpg
96KB, 638x631px
>>34827916
The answer is that everything will depend upon circumstances in the DoA when you apply. So there is no real answer, unfortunately. Now's probably a good time as any with the emphasis on building up the force quickly.

Also depending upon the cycle and commandant, OCS can be a really bad place, just warning you. The school and the cadre have almost no oversight and complete discretion about what they can do to you. Drill Sergeants and AIT cadre have almost ridiculous levels of scrutiny nowadays, almost have their hands tied down. West Point is known for it's hazing but OCS has a dark history of cycles of unbelievable brutality that flies completely under the radar. Know what JAG, IG and Chaplains are before you go in just in case you go in during a bad time.

I would suggest ROTC. Yes you already have a degree, go get another one. More than likely it will take you up to 1.5 years to get all the way from walking into the recruiters door to getting to your BOLC anyways. The extra 6 months will be worth it, once you graduate you head right to your BOLC. You are much more likely to get the branch you want from ROTC, you'll have two degrees under your belt, won't ever have had to gone through the bullshit of basic and the trip to your butterbar will have been much MUCH less easier than the OCS route.
>>
>>34828147
Age varies from branch to branch and the Army is at 33 currently actually

Also /meg/ this didn't need it's own thread fag
>>
Just pick a branch and talk to an officer recruiter. I'm going to do the same thing next summer and I have a 2.7 atm. I'm not too worried about not getting in or getting selected or the hazing either. I've talked to some of the marine pilots when I worked at the gym on a navy base and nobody mentioned anything super crazy happening. If nothing crazy happened to the marines, I wouldn't be too worried. I would just do what you're told and take it a day at a time.
>>
>>34828648
Can eye doctors tell you've had surgery by looking at them? Unless you go for a pilot or some position where eyesight is a huge deal, you'll only ever have one eye exam, and that's mostly the letters bullshit.
>>
>>34832036
I've had multiple eye exams due to my vision, but all were with optometrists and not the actual ophthalmologist
>>
>>34832239
So how is your vision now?
>>
Does anybody know if DODMERB retains medical records? I applied for NROTC out of high school and was disqualified due to an ADHD/depression diagnosis and medication. Would they know this if I withheld my diagnosis while trying to go to OCS?
>>
>>34834534
Is DODMERB or MEPS the entrance route for OCS?
>>
>>34836659
I believe DODMERB. When i was going through medical shit for NROTC they sent me to independent doctors, not MEPS.
>>
>>34836871
I meant to say that I believe OCS also uses DODMERB.
>>
>>34832947
Glasses aren't necessary anymore and the vision is back to when I didn't need them. So around 20/20
>>
>>34837905
Then tell them. Eyes are something they are very forgiving on as long as you pay for the surgeries. They may want you to have lasik, but the worst thing about that will be you having better eyesight.
>>
>>34836885
I'd bet theyll still have your shit on file. They kick people outta basic for shit like this all the time. If they send your ass to OCS the same will happen. It'll be worse if youre in for a couple years and they could charge you under UCMJ.
>>
File: 1498524930708.jpg (300KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498524930708.jpg
300KB, 1920x1080px
>>34834534
Fellow ADHDfag here.
You have to be off the meds for 2 years or AT LEAST 18 months before you can reapply to DODMERB and appear eligible to enter the service. The armed forces use a hair test to check (they will pull one from ANYWHERE, including your ass) and that can see as far back as 8 months.

I was into my 2nd semester when I got medically DQd for ADD meds, and this was before AF had the 2 year track.

Im happy af in the private competitive intelligence sector now, but still wanna do intel at some point.

Best of luck to you anon.
>>
>>34838008
>>34838008
Not the guy you referred to, but were you ROTC?
Did they pluck a hair specifically to check for ADD shit or was it for a random drug test?
The Det I'm in doesnt test anybody...
>>
>>34838114
Yeah I was AFROTC, det 28 a few years ago.

They didn't hair test anyone unless they were suspected of being on drugs.

Like a naieve retard, I listed ADD medication on my DODMERB, which dqed me. They didn't test me, but the damage had been done and they sure af would have hairtested me 2 years down the line.
>>
>>34837957
>>34838008
so if i were to tell them about my diagnosis,but say that i haven't been on medication, would i be in the clear? I've got 2 years until I can actually apply to OCS anyways.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.