[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good concealed carry handgun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1486784344140.jpg (21KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
1486784344140.jpg
21KB, 600x357px
Hey /k/, I don't frequent here, but I am wanting to get my concealed carry permit and said weapon. MY family is really into guns, I have some experience with them. My question is, what do you use for your concealed carry, and what could I get?
Price isn't too much of an issue for me.
I am not a weak bitch either, and I am somewhat accurate.
I was looking at the judge cause I love the fact that it can use 4/10, but obviously thats not gonna work. What do you carry /k/?
>>
>I was looking at the judge cause I love the fact that it can use 4/10, but obviously thats not gonna work. What do you carry /k/?

Are you a noguns? Just get a compact glock or something.

Why would anyone ever want that thing in the first place? It's a meme, isn't it?
>>
>>34827090
What kind?
>>
Bit of a slavaboo meme gun but a Makarov is a good choice.

>inexpensive
>cheap range ammo
>decent self defense ammo exists
>compact
>reliable
>>
>>34827109
How tall are you? You can conceal a Glock 17 fine if you're tall but the 19 is probably fine if you are a manlet.
>>
>>34827064
I recommend the TT the trusty tokarev it's the primary hand gun of /k
>>
>>34827127
6'0" on a good day
>>
>>34827144
Just go to a gun store and ask to see some models.
I'd personally say to check the 17, 19, 26, and 43.

Of course you could always get a different gun from a different manufacturer.

https://us.glock.com/products/all if you wanna see them yourself and stuff.
>>
>>34827118
>>34827137
>>34827127
Should I be looking for something light? I am not weak, but in terms of defense I want to be quick on the draw, correct?
>>
Don't fall for the 410 horseshit for legit self defense.

get a glock19, a quality kydex holster, federal hst 147gr, carry appendix(or not), 5k rounds and practice weekly, learn to draw fast(without live rounds)and train your muscle memory to keep your finge off the trigger until you are on target. Work your way up to practicing your draw at a safe place with a spotter, and start slow, work up to your dry runs. Your odds in a SD situation are now far greater than most. You're welcome.
>>
>>34827165
>https://us.glock.com/products/al
Thanks, this is great
>>
I keep a full sized pistol in my waistband like a nigger
>>
>>34827184
You're welcome.

Do you own any firearms? Glock is probably one of the best you could get if you're a beginner.
>>
File: 1467639930833.png (1MB, 1074x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1467639930833.png
1MB, 1074x1070px
>>34827064
>>34827168
Look for something light and comfy enough you'll carry. I'm a big samoan nigga, I could carry a lot of shit but I like the G26 because it fits all the needs I want it to and it's comfy on me to carry. I just go an Incog holster and I like it a lot.
>>
>>34827192
I go shooting a lot with my dad, he is a fanatic, has class 3 weapons permit. He has crazy stuff like a barret 50 cal and mp5k full auto, its like shot straight out of CoD.
I personally don't know anything about buying guns, I just know how they work.
>>
>>34827202
>I'm a big samon nigga

DADDY

post pics of you with the gun holstered

>that image

explain?
>>
>>34827207
You should just talk to your dad then about it, he probably carries concealed. I wish I had family that were into guns.
>>
>>34827202
I'm looking at th G26 and the G27, I want something small, whats the difference though? How do the calibers really differ, is there even a difference?
>>
>>34827215
He is a really busy man, works from 4:00am to about 7:00pm and sleeps the rest. I try not to bother him too much. He does carry though. Has his pistol in his desk at his office.
>>
>>34827227
Text or email him then, or even just write a note and put it on his desk.
>>
>>34827234
Will do, so another question, where do I "carry?" On my waist? Do I have to take a course?
>>
>>34827209
>DADDY
kek anon, pls
>explain?
Some NYT writer wrote an article on how shooting an AR at the range gave him temp PTSD. So some dudes who I guess own a gun shop made him a kydex tampon holster. That was his response to the gift.
>>34827220
> I want something small, whats the difference though? How do the calibers really differ, is there even a difference?
Not much. I'm kinda drunk/tired but some say the .40 is a bit snappier, espc out of a subcompact. I've never shot one desu so I can't comment. I've only owned 9mm's and a .45 heres a video of Hickok45 getting into it. Might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wHUEwWmklE
>>
>>34827253
I don't have a CCW (got my first firearm a few weeks ago) but it depends, like this poster said >>34827180 appendix is a good carry, I've been recommended it by gun store clerks as well. Also yes you take a course for CCW, for open carry it depends on your state but your thread is about concealed carry so yeah.

Depends on your state basically.
>>
>>34827261
oh lol

also

post pics of you with the glock concealed

DADDY
>>
>>34827064
>muh glock 19 ccw kidz glock perfectioooon

How about you conceal something comfy like a single stack 9mm

M&p shield or walther pps m2 come to mind
>>
>>34827766
why do you dislike glock
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>34827064
Get a P30.
>>
>>34827064
I can only legally carry antiques (19 year old in college) but my old man carries a Glock 30. I've handled it, and it is very good even for inexperienced shooters looking for a compact carry gun. For a backup/subcompact, the LCP is good.
>>
>>34827064
My current prospects for when I turn 21 are as follows;
-Colt Defender (or similarly sized 1911)
-CZ Rami
-Sp 101 or similar 357
-Bersa Thunder
-Makarov

I like the look of sig P938s, but after that last wave of media, I don't know if I want to support them
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.