[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MilSurp Camo for Hunting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Any hunters here use Mil Surp camo? I hunt all over the state of Colorado, and I won't lie, I've used my issued Multicams (sterile, of course) for bowhunting elk, and they worked great! They're comfy, durable, have pockets for days, and they were mine.
So I have tags for 3 pronghorn this year out east where it's more brown, anyone have experience with tan camo? I could go with DCU, but it might be too light brown and I don't like to LARP in U.S. camo, was actually thinking the German desert camo looks a lot like the Sitka stuff that's like $300 for a shirt.
Thoughts?
Last year I used plain brown carhart pants and coat, and it worked, but they weren't cheap and I got them soaked in blood. Thinking some cheap german mil surp might be worth a try...
>>
>>34826820
honestly, I don't think color will matter much if you're hunting pronghorn. They only see shades of gray, so the pattern itself should matter more. If you've had success with your issued stuff before, you might as well use it again.
>>
>>34826895
It always comes back to the "does it really matter, they're colorblind" argument. And an orange vest sure doesn't help. I guess I just feel like an asshole wearing green fatigues in a brown environment.
Kinda like Kandahar now that I think about it...
>>
ATACS AU works pretty good here in the TX panhandle (similar coloration to eastern CO.) Not milsurp exactly, but can still be found in the same price range.
>>
>>34826820
Pro tip, prey animals do not notice color patterns and are only vaguely aware of distinct shapes. Prey animals never have accurate depth perception as their eyes are set too far apart on their heads. Their eye sight is best at tracking movement and they rely much more on hearing to anticipate the approach of predators. This is why ambush predators always move low and slow, isolating as much of their body to reduce waste movement. Your camo patterns and perfectly matched colors will only serve to get you shot by another hunter.
>>
>>34827058
Depends. Many birds have just as good if not better color vision as humans. Some even see ultraviolet and/or near-infrared spectrums.
>>
>>34829036
This.
That's why most states dont require orange for duck/goose hunting.
I've found that the '3D camo" from cabelas, basically a cheap, plastic ghillie suit, works amazingly well during bow season. I'm hesitant to bring it out to the scrublands for Pronghorn and shred it on cacti. I'm gonna pull the trigger on some desert flecktarn, cut off the spots for patches and see how it works out.
>>
>>34827006
Good call on the ATACS AU stuff. A full set of BDU-style fatigues will run about $100, no reason not to give them a shot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.