[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the basic law regarding storing firearms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Map_of_USA_CA.png (285KB, 1181x731px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_USA_CA.png
285KB, 1181x731px
Can someone explain the basic law regarding storing firearms in California?

Say you own a handgun and you're leaving in your home while you go out.

>Do you HAVE to store it in a locked box?
>Do you HAVE to store it unloaded?
>Does the ammunition HAVE to be stored in a seperate place?
>Does the ammunition place HAVE to be locked as well?

Or are all these things just advisory and not enforced?

Assume there are no kids involved, cos I think that makes a difference, right?
>>
File: 1478096265180.jpg (20KB, 225x311px) Image search: [Google]
1478096265180.jpg
20KB, 225x311px
>>34824594
>>
>>34824594
Unless otherwise unlawful, any person over the age of 18 who is not prohibited from possessing firearms may have a loaded or unloaded firearm at his or her place of residence, temporary residence, campsite or on private property owned or lawfully possessed by the person Any person engaged in lawful business (including nonprofit organizations) or any officer, employee or agent authorized for lawful purposes connected with the business may have a loaded firearm within the place of business if that person is over 18 years of age and not otherwise prohibited from possessing firearms (Pen Code, §§ 25605, 26035 )
>>
>>34824594
The better question here is why the fuck do you still live in CA?

Jesus Christ, have some goddamned respect for yourself man.
>>
Sure.

If you leave a loaded gun lying around, not locked in a safe or case, and without a trigger lock on it, and someone who shouldn't have guns gets their hands on it and does something stupid with it, you could be on the hook for a misdemeanor.

That's about it for what the law says.
>>
>no
>no
>no
>no

California has established a crime 'criminal storage of a firearm' related to children, persons under 18, gaining unauthorized access to firearms.

The crime does not apply if access is gained through illegal entry, or if the firearms owner has no reasonable expectation that children will be present.

(c) Except as provided in Section 25105, a person commits the crime of “criminal storage of a firearm in the third degree” if the person keeps any loaded firearm within any premises that are under the person’s custody or control and negligently stores or leaves a loaded firearm in a location where the person knows, or reasonably should know, that a child
is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian, unless reasonable action is taken by
the person to secure the firearm against access by the child.
>>
>>34824673
Thanks for replying, but that is just stating the law. And only one part as well.

I read that the gun needs to be in a locked box. But I couldn't find anything definite as to whether the gun needs to be unloaded, or even having the ammunition somewhere else.

But web sites say that you should. I just want to know if it's advisory or the law.
>>
>>34824709
Yeah, I read that about kids finding it. But I mean if you live alone.
>>
>>34824772

If you live alone and don't know that kids are in your shit the law doesn't apply to you. The storage laws are to punish parents or babysitters that leave kids alone to play with guns
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.