[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone say Nuke School is miserable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: NNPTC.jpg (167KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
NNPTC.jpg
167KB, 768x512px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvyi1QsG8uk

It's not like anyone will stop using nucular power plants. Decent money, job security.
>>
It's long and hard I guess.
>>
>>34824562
Best job in navy
Charleston is great
Fast promotions
Legit jobs when your out

Nuke school is the Harvard of the navy
>>
>>34824962
Seems that way. I wonder why it gets so much hate, though.
>>
>>34825196

Because the Navy will always get itself the better part of any deal.

The fast promotions, reenlistment bonuses, and job recommendation come at a stiff price of your time, patience, and self respect.

In short, the Navy isnt lavishing those things on you because youre pretty.

And the program runs on two absolutes. Hook ups for fuckups, and the working horse gets beat to death.

It's the best on pape career move you could ever make wrapped in the most toxic and insulting work environment.

Made worse by the fact that the Navy will pat itself on the back for its history and traditions from BEFORE it became a nub coddling adult daycare center.
>>
Take a bunch of college dropouts.

Now pay them to go to school with military expectations and penalties for not showing up.

Now wonder why people complain.
>>
>>34824962

Nuke school is like getting a masters degree from a community college.
>>
>>34825457

Hey guess what you are being promoted from working on the sub and we are stationing you in San Francisco with a meh BHA. Oh you also won't be making hazard or sub deployment pay so say good bye to all that money you would be banking and instead you will be QA inspecting engineers in dry dock for a year.
>>
>>34824562
>dem crazy eyes
>>
>>34825503

We should have decommed this submarine ten years ago, but we decided to refit it with a bunch of proprietary tech and send it into littoral environments where you will run faster and dive/surface more often than we ever intended any boat in its class to ever do.

And then we'll say it's YOUR fault if the boat breaks or cannot reasonably be expectes to be maintained on schedule.
>>
>>34824562
>It's not like anyone will stop using nucular power plants.
oh my child, so naive. westhinghouse is bankrupt and killing its owner, toshiba. GE is out of the business. There are no new permits issued and the nuclear power plant [not plants, just the one] under construction might not be finished.

its the most expensive way to boil water ever devised. if you wanted a job at a power plant when you get out of the navy, you're shit out of luck.

but never let the facts get in the way of a good story, right?
>>
>>34825578
Or just move to China, they have 37 nuclear reactors in operation and plan to build 20 more before 2020.
>>
>>34825757

>work in chinese nuclear power

I'd rather piss glass.
>>
>>34825806
You can try France than, they aim to get 75% of all their power from nuclear energy.
>>
>>34824576
fpbp
>>
>>34825830

Or I could work in Pakistan doing the same thing for twice the money and half the chance of being beheaded for my haram lifestyle.
>>
>>34825872
>Pakistan

Good fucking luck with that.
>>
>>34824576
So am I
>>
>>34825578
You don't have to operate a nuclear plant. I'm in petrochemical 1/3rd of our operators are navy nukes. Pays better than most degreed jobs. Because you need people that can follow process flow, deal with complex systems, operate coms, and not freak out around shit that can explode and kill you all.
>>
>>34825757
>Or just move to China, they have 37 nuclear reactors
That just doesn't sound conductive to a long, healthy life
>>
>>34825578
>but never let the facts get in the way of a good story, right?
But the lady said it would be great with plenty of free time for going shopping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxrNz8VpYN8
>>
>>34824562
I don't see how it being a good and secure profession makes the school/classes itself not miserable.
>>
>>34826586
France is ran entirely on nuclear power
>>
>>34824562
>that thumbnail
I thought that was a dude
>>
>>34827826
Maybe so, but I doubt the have the same type to security and environmental standards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r41dcYUvNLk
>>
>>34824562
it always bugs me that the fucking stars are upside down on US Navy uniforms
>>
>>34824562
I was there. It was miserable because you have to constantly look over your shoulder afraid of being screwed over. Captain's masts happen every week, and if you say the wrong thing or make the wrong enemies, you'll find yourself at one. It's pretty much like living in Stalinist Russia. I once got called to the Chief's office because some guy had put his foot on some girl's back during PT, and I got blamed for it despite having nothing to do with it. The Chief threatened that I could get separated without an Honorable Discharge, and I angrily retorted that I wanted to be happy to be separated. When he asked why, I told him that I was innocent, and that it was exactly false accusations of this kind that made me resent the Navy so much. Now I am out of the Navy with an Honorable Discharge, and I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>34824962
>Harvard of the navy
No, Harvard is the Harvard of the Navy, you idiot.
>>
>>34830355
All of the enlisted corps is like that.
>>
>>34830355
Some guy made a video about Nuke School saying there was something like a 50% attrition rate. Is that so? That sounds excessive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mC_mRNM0Q
>>
>>34830405
I don't think it's that high anymore, but it used to be higher than that.
>>
>>34830373

No, Harvard is more interested in minority diversification, as 2018 has more minority than white freshman

Nuke school is a real meritocracy.

I'm curious though, why so triggered? Did a friend go to Harvard and you need to mooch some self esteem that a Harvard man is friends with you?

Did you try to get into Nuke school and flop?

Are you just sad because you never went to college or the military so you spend your days attacking analogies that normal people use to communicate with each other?

Poor sad baby, his panties are so wedged up there, how anyone not pay reverence to dear Harvard?!?!
>>
>>34831035
or hes simply stating there is literally a Navy ROTC Harvard program so it can't be the "Harvard of the Navy" when there is quiet literally Navy at Harvard.

But oh wait because you don't care because your just more than happy to take his comment way out of context and true to spew hate and discontent by making multiple assumptions based off his one posted sentence.
>>
>>34830665

They tried to up the retention rate and the program is still paying the price for it.

Then they tried to flood the place with bodies and let the attrition rate be what it is and it only got higher.

Aka, the program skims the bottom of the candidate pool of people who have options to not join the navy.
>>
Electrical engineer here. Nuke school is where most STEM drop outs go. Too smart to chip paint, too stupid to get a degree.
>>
>>34832563

But they'll chip paint none the less.

Don't believe the lies. No matter how important your job as enlisted, you will still clean and paint.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.