[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Handgun to Take to Work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: kel_p-11.jpg (21KB, 535x408px) Image search: [Google]
kel_p-11.jpg
21KB, 535x408px
I work outside on large, isolated tracts of land doing soil auger borings and would like to carry some protection on some of the more remote sites. What handgun would be best to take in conditions where it would be exposed to moisture (rain) and soil, and still be a functional firearm.

Might as well ask while I'm at it.... what is the best survival food storage mre-like company as far as quality and price go. (I've already done a little research on it but I would like some input from people on here who have actually bought some of these products)

Pic related is what I am looking at as far as a work hand gun goes.

Also might as well ask what you guys carry to work.
>>
>>34822728
Come on guys don't let me slideeeee:(
>>
>>3482272 if you want a gun that looks almost exactly like that but is less of a meme get a Ruger LCP
>>
>>34822728
Glock 43? It's small, depending how big and what clothes you wear could pocket carry and it can handle some adverse conditions.
>>
How isolated are we talking about? What are you protecting yourself from?
I remember hearing some oil guys in Canada getting mauled by a bear at one of the remote sites.
>>
>>34822728

Glock 43 is good.

But you didn't give enough info really. What kind of weather do you experience, what are you experienced carrying, what kind of clothing do you wear, what type of carry are you looking for?

If you want a double stack (don't get a P-11 by the way) the glock 26 is great, XD series of guns are proven, etc.

Lots of options OP, so you gotta help us zero in.

Personally I think a glock 43 or 26 is perfect for normal EDC, but some people want something that isn't a glock or they want a bigger caliber or something that isn't striker fired etc.
>>
Can you open carry it or is this something that you'll have to conceal all the time?

As far as MREs go, there's always the standard MRE that you know, Mountain House is decent but can be just as pricey. One option to consider is making your own, you can get a vacuum sealer on amazon for less than 50 bucks, put your meals together and seal 'em up. For a modest time investment you'll save a ton of money. There's a good infographic about it, I'll dig it up.
>>
>>34822728
>protection on some of the more remote sites.

protection from what? bear? skinwalkers?

the only place where it gets dangerous in remote areas is along the Mexican border.

all of these situations require a long gun not a pistol
>>
>>34822970
Black bear, cougar, boar and bums. 100s of acres.
>>
>>34823061

Glock 20 in a shoulder rig. If you can't rock that then keep some kind of carbine in your truck.
>>
>>34823125

Seconded.
>>
File: diy-mre-preppers-infographic.jpg (453KB, 932x1680px) Image search: [Google]
diy-mre-preppers-infographic.jpg
453KB, 932x1680px
>>34823031
Here's the DIY MRE thing I'd you're interested
>>
>>34823125
Thanks man. I will look more into it. Shoulder rig seems like it would be pretty uncomfortable on hotter days. I do keep my mini 30 in the truck but sometimes I am parked over a mile away.
>>
>>34823186
Also this is some pretty good information. I may do a bit of both. Right now I just have stocks of beans and tuna, which will get old pretty fast.
>>
>>34823061
Revolver or Semi auto?

Ruger GP100 in a caliber of your choice.

Semi auto? Glock 20 or a Glock 40 (If you're a big guy... UUUU)
>>
>>34823333
Preferably semi auto. Can the glocks take lots of ware though? Like sand grains and shit? I would think the ruger would be a better choice in the respect, but then again i dont own and have never shot a glock.
>>
File: 1476760409557.jpg (65KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1476760409557.jpg
65KB, 1024x684px
>>34823447
>I would think the ruger would be a better choice in the respect
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.