[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scout Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3601.jpg (32KB, 200x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3601.jpg
32KB, 200x263px
Let's see your scout rifle setups
>>
>>34819045
>scout rifle

The original autistic meme rifle.

The only good idea Jeff Cooper ever had was the color coded awareness spectrum. It's very useful for organizing your thoughts on the mindset necessary for effective self-defense. The rest of his spiel hasn't aged very well.
>>
>>34819150
You are autistic for thinking his actual autistic idea was the good one
>>
File: download (1).png (4KB, 364x138px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
4KB, 364x138px
>>34819045

I was getting worried op, we haven't had a scout rifle thread in almost a week. Thanks, op.
Sage.
>>
File: MINI30 Scout.jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MINI30 Scout.jpg
141KB, 800x600px
>>34819045
Mini-30 'Tactical' with a scope
>similar ballistics but cheaper and less loud/bright
>cheaper magazines (in higher capacity)
>is self-loading
>overall half the cost of a Scout Rifle from Ruger themselves

>>34819150
It vaguely made sense in the 80's, from some perspectives.
>>
>>34819540
762x39 fags are the worst. Stop confusing diameter and energy

You just aren't good enough
>>
>>34819612
7.62x39 is great. Its problems is that it has overpenetration at short range, ice pick wound channels, and it has the ballistic arc of a rainbow.

Actually 7.62x39 sucks.
>>
>>34819612
When you're shooting .308 out of a 16" barrel like on many Scout Rifles, then 7.62x39mm can absolutely compete.

>>34819620
I do generally prefer 5.56x45mm and .300BLK
>>
>>34819150
The scout rifle is a good concept as long as your primary goal is to have a handy rifle for primarily survival and hunting. It's not a combat rifle, but could be used in defense in a pinch. Also if you take the time to study Cooper, you'll see that he had plenty of ideas that are still relevant. Of course it's more fun for /k/ to just call him a fudd though.
>>
>>34819636
>When you're shooting .308 out of a 16" barrel like on many Scout Rifles, then 7.62x39mm can absolutely compete.
>123 grain 308 16 inch=2800 fps
>123 grain x39 16 inch=2350 fps
>competing
>even using 123 grain bullets in a 308

you are ignorant.
>>
>>34821302
>he had plenty of ideas that are still relevant

Yeah the basics of firearm handling/use that never change were a part of his ideas but that he himself didn't invent...they will always be relevant. I'm not trying to minimize his impact in the training world just clarifying that I'm talking about his individual contributions to gun lore.

He only had two specifically original contributions (awareness color chart and scout rifle concept). Of those two one is generally useful to just about anyone whether they are armed or not and one is great if you hunt Africa a lot.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.