[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

war is hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 33

File: skull.jpg (35KB, 450x339px) Image search: [Google]
skull.jpg
35KB, 450x339px
The war in the Pacific was arguably the most brutal and disturbing war in human history. I've heard stories from old veterans about making bonfires with live Japanese people, cutting off their heads and boiling the flesh off to send them home to girlfriends as trophies, Japanese people fleeing in terror and plummeting off cliffs to a grisly death, Japanese children fried in napalm, and American soldiers shooting the kneecaps off wounded Japanese prisoners before clubbing them to death. American soldiers even had to be bribed with ice cream and several days leave to persuade them to return Japanese POWs alive. I tell you all these things not to cast blame on America, but to remind you how sad war is, how it brings out the darkest elements of human nature from otherwise decent men. Many years after the war, veterans from both sides met and embraced each other as friends. That's a really remarkable testament to the power of human forgiveness.
>>
Nice? Blogpost? Faggot?
>>
File: nanking_massacre_11911575.jpg (59KB, 1036x681px) Image search: [Google]
nanking_massacre_11911575.jpg
59KB, 1036x681px
>>34816985
>>
File: LeonardGSiffleet.jpg (441KB, 1186x1754px) Image search: [Google]
LeonardGSiffleet.jpg
441KB, 1186x1754px
>>34817126
>>
File: Nanking-massacre2.jpg (172KB, 1118x772px) Image search: [Google]
Nanking-massacre2.jpg
172KB, 1118x772px
>>34817134
>>
>>34817126
>>34817134
>>34817142
You just proved his point.
>>
>>34816985

>be subhuman savage
>wonder why you get treated like subhuman savage

They should have read stories about the Indians to see how Americans clean up the trash.
>>
Japan deserved all of it and lots lots more
>>
I think there were probably far more brutal occurrences on the eastern front, given the scale of the combat and pure hatred that each side had for each other. Probably most of those instances were never recorded.
>>
>>34817157
>>34817163
>country is 1 person
Ok
>>
>>34817167
Most of the German atrocities were Soviet hoaxes. The German army was one of the most disciplined in the world. If a German soldier raped a women, his own army would hang him. Even Israel now admits that the soap and lampshade stories were fake.
>>
>>34817201
yeah because war is a nice and neat affair and not chaotic at all right?
>>
>>34817208
The Germans had a chain of command at all times, and it was obeyed. Did the Germans massacre villages in eastern Europe? Sure, but they did so only in retaliation to partisan attacks.
>>
>>34816985
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/japanese-troops-ate-flesh-of-enemies-and-civilians-1539816.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichijima_incident
Further info on Chichijima:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/06/george-hw-bushs-comrades-eaten-japanese-pow-guards/
Fuck you nip defender, the Japanese reaped what they had sewn
>>
>>34816985
What about the 80 years war?
>>
>inb4 someone starts posting that hack grossman

>>34817224
>Sure, but when germans did it, it was justified
anyone have that wehraboo power level chart?
>>
Where can I read about all the fucked up things the Americans did to the Japs? I love reading about those things
>>
>>34816985
Most of that, apart from the trophy skulls, sounds like the shit the japanese government told their citizens, to whip them into a frenzy. Are you being mindful of seperating propaganda from fact? You'd seem more impartial about starting a discussion about the psychological effects on war and dehumanization mechanisms, if you didn't just list things the japanese thought americans would do, and a few they did. Did the americans ever play "bayonet catch" with infants, for example?
>>
>>34816985
>>34816985
>The war in the Pacific was arguably the most brutal and disturbing war in human history.
It wasn't even the most brutal front of ww2, let alone the most brutal conflict in history.
>>
>>34816985
Once word got out about the POW camps, death marches, arbitrary executions, torture and stuff like that, there was no quarter for the Japanese. They made their bed and got to lie in it.
>>
>>34817422
>Once propaganda was circulated about the alleged POW camps, death marches, arbitrary executions, torture and stuff like that, there was no quarter for the Japanese.
FTFY
>>
>>34817385
What would you have done as a commander of soldiers if you saw your men killed daily by partisans?
>>34817394
Very few books and documentaries have been published, but the Brits did publish something on TV. I don't know the title.
>>34817413
My sources are American veterans themselves, contemporary eyewitness accounts, and photographic and video evidence. None of these claims have ever been denied by the US government.
>>34817420
The eastern front was bigger in scale, but not as demented.
>>
>>34817444
Tojo pls go
>>
>>34817468
Got any links to some of those sources? I'd love to dig into the american side of the atrocities.
>>
>>34817468
>it happened to a-americans guys
>that makes it w-worse than the objectively more b-brutal conflict in the east!
Enjoy your revisionist LARP thread buddy.

sage
>>
>>34817477
Start with this and dig deeper if you dare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_mutilation_of_Japanese_war_dead

>>34817470
The Japanese had hardly enough food to feed their own people, let alone POWs? Besides, the Brits let millions of their own subjects starve to death in India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_famine_of_1943

>>34817491
I don't know of any Russian soldiers keeping German skulls as trophies.
>>
>>34817163
I'm Filipino, 3 centuries of spanish colonization and a few decades of american colonization dont come close to the barbarism the japs did here
>>
>>34817498
I could see the usual stuff about brutalizing POWs and trophy hunting, didn't know about the Okinawan mass rapes, though. Don't see any of the stuff with frying children in napalm and such.
>>
Winners write history,so ofc you wont find anything about Americans being animals.
>>
File: napalm victims Tokyo.jpg (190KB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
napalm victims Tokyo.jpg
190KB, 1000x644px
>>34817602
More Japanese people died in the firebombing than the atomic bombings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raids_on_Japan
>>
>>34817614
Weren't those more regular acts of war, rather than war crimes? Kinda like Dresden and the London blitz in Europe?
>>
>>34817224
Bullshit, Germans murdered six million Poles. Most of Soviet losses were civilian.

They literally wanted our land for themselves.

t. Slav
>>
>>34817468
>What would you have done as a commander of soldiers if you saw your men killed daily by partisans?
well if you just wipe out the village in the first place you can safely assume any survivors you come across are partisans!
>>
>>34817774
Also a great way of making more partisans! Just in case any where undecided and sitting on the fence, a good push will do it
>>
>>34817799
Dead villagers can't become partisans.
>>
>>34817812
The ones over the river/valley/next village along do though
>>
>>34816985
You've been talking to jap vets again haven't you?

US troops weren't angels, but most of that shit was jap propaganda!
>>
>>34817614
They were warned. Nanking didn't get that curtesy.
>>
>>34817837
No, American vets admit this. Only jingoistic neckbeards on anime forums (how ironic) deny this.

>>34817844
And now you are just making shit up.
>>
>>34817645
>Germans murdered six million Poles
In response to partisan attacks. Killing folks is fair game in war.
>>34817645
>They literally wanted our land for themselves.
Who do you mean by "our"?
>>
File: IMG_5670.png (215KB, 602x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5670.png
215KB, 602x328px
>>34817855
Am I?

Pic
>Lemay leaflet
>>
File: IMG_5671.jpg (61KB, 390x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5671.jpg
61KB, 390x500px
>>34817896
>The post Hiroshima leaflet.
>>
>>34817826
>>34817812
>>34817799
which is exactly the problem when your invasion's stated purpose is to cleanse the land of its existing populace for future german settlement, then you roll into town and despite being greeted largely as liberators you immediately start hanging people to set examples
retaliation to partisan activity was hardly the extent of german war crimes but for what it's worth the russians did far worse to ethnic germans during and for years after their push to berlin
>>
>>34816985
Soldiers from every nation commit atrocities during war. The men who do such things are to blame, not the nation. That being said, you sound incredibly biased against American atrocities committed without any reference to Japanese war crimes. What's worse is that you chose the side that has been trying to systematically deny and eliminate all evidence/responsibility of said war crimes to this day.
>>
>>34817597
Can confirm. I imagine it's not a pretty sight when you see your brother stripped to his ass then forced to sit in the sun from sunrise till sunset

>in front of a Nip outpost
>with your back turned to your relatives
>and wife
>>
File: 5247785-prudential-Warsaw.jpg (47KB, 550x480px) Image search: [Google]
5247785-prudential-Warsaw.jpg
47KB, 550x480px
>>34817201
>Most of the German atrocities were Soviet hoaxes.

Like how Warsaw was razed to the ground and hundreds of thousands of its inhabitants wiped out AFTER uprising has been subdued while Soviets were stranded on the other side of the river?
https://youtu.be/twDouTqS4c8
I fucking knew that the thread with "war is hell, it brings the worst in ALL of us" in the OP would be used to whitewash the nazis.
>>
File: 1494524585104.png (551KB, 700x718px) Image search: [Google]
1494524585104.png
551KB, 700x718px
>>34817224
>Did the Germans massacre villages in eastern Europe?

Yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamo%C5%9B%C4%87_uprising
>>
File: 101_of_dispute_at_Pol.png (1MB, 640x1760px) Image search: [Google]
101_of_dispute_at_Pol.png
1MB, 640x1760px
>>34817864
>In response to partisan attacks. Killing folks is fair game in war.

>Kill millions because of thousands of partisans is justified
Are all wehraboos reaching your sub-nigger levels of retardation, or is it just you?
>>
>>34817990
>kill partisans who are trying to kill you
Sounds like fair game to me.
>>34817984
Isn't destroying enemy cities fair game in war?
>>34817955
>What's worse is that you chose the side that has been trying to systematically deny and eliminate all evidence/responsibility of said war crimes to this day.
False, the Japanese government has never denied war atrocities, and has apologized numerous times.
>>34817955
>you sound incredibly biased against American atrocities committed without any reference to Japanese war crimes
1. Because I am American. People will tolerate criticism from one of their own more than from an outsider.
2. Because Japanese war atrocities are already well known. American war atrocities have been forgotten.
>>34817896
Was more propaganda than a genuine warning. Also, the citizens of Nanking were fully aware of the Japanese advance. They had as much "warning" as the citizens of Tokyo.
>>
>>34817984
>stranded on the other side of the river?
that's pretty fucking ignorant. they stopped and deliberately waited as they listened to warsaw's plaintive pleas for help. anyone who will resist the germans may very well resist the soviets and an example needed to be made. the soviets are as guilty as the germans in the decimation of warsaw.
>>
>>34818013
Partisans, by their very nature, blend in with, and are supported by, civilian populations. The only practical way to suppress them is by retaliation against the population. The Polacks should have known what would happen when they chose to wage a guerrilla war after their regular armies had surrendered.
>>
>>34816985

>The war in the Pacific was arguably the most brutal and disturbing war in human history. I've heard stories from old veterans about making bonfires with live Japanese people, cutting off their heads and boiling the flesh off to send them home to girlfriends as trophies, Japanese people fleeing in terror and plummeting off cliffs to a grisly death, Japanese children fried in napalm, and American soldiers shooting the kneecaps off wounded Japanese prisoners before clubbing them to death. American soldiers even had to be bribed with ice cream and several days leave to persuade them to return Japanese POWs alive.

Cool story bro. Please do tell us how this bullshit propaganda is worse than german attrocities on eastern front or japanese attrocities in China and other territories they occupied?

Whatever happened to Japan - we should have nuked every major city, one by one, ignoring their surrender.
>>
>>34817864
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_Zamość

civilians millions murdered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing_of_Zamojszczyzna_by_Nazi_Germany

they were murdering the same people they thought of as racially pure
>>
>>34817224
>Did the Germans massacre villages in eastern Europe?

Yes, in most brutal ways possible.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_crimes_against_the_Polish_nation

jews were just the tip of the iceberg of German crimes

and Japanese were even worse
>>
File: Pol_in_control.png (283KB, 1020x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pol_in_control.png
283KB, 1020x800px
>>34818024
Nazis had quota regarding how many of us were to be exterminated.

And you believe that we would have had it much better if we were to just lie down and take it like a bitch.
Wehraboos really ARE the niggers among white race.
>>
>>34818024

By this logic, it is perfectly justifiable to bomb entire Japan or Germany because of that
>>
>>34818014
>Was more propaganda than a genuine warning.
What the fuck does that even mean?
>Also, the citizens of Nanking were fully aware of the Japanese advance. They had as much "warning" as the citizens of Tokyo.
Warning that someone is going to indiscriminately bomb your city is different than warning of an invasion. An invasion force usually doesn't slaughter every single civilian they come across.
>>
>>34818024
So any city that Volkssturm defended was to be cleansed?
>>
>>34818014
>2. Because Japanese war atrocities are already well known. American war atrocities have been forgotten.

Are you kidding? Americans have fucking museums apologizing for internment camps where people were just kind of held. We can't say we're sorry enough for temporarily detaining people until the end of the war.

Meanwhile Japan has trouble admitting that some of the hundreds of thousands of laborors they worked to death may not have quite worked themselves to death "voluntarily", and has asked for a statue in the United States commemorating "comfort women" to be taken down on the grounds that they said they were sorry (in 2007)
>>
>>34818059
>implying they weren't cleansed of military aged males and raped into submission
>>
>>34818070
>inplying they were
look at their civilian losses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf

>there you go guys, Germans are doing partisan actions lets murder their villagers and settle there. It's all justified.
>>
>>34817638
The London Blitz and Dresden are not comparable.

Dresden had far higher casualties, had phosphorus bombs used on it, was completely annihilated, and fighter planes circled the wreckage for days gunning down anything that moved.
>>
>>34818086
>t. morality is ambiguous commie
you have to be a person for it to be a crime
>>
File: niemiecka natura.jpg (88KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
niemiecka natura.jpg
88KB, 853x480px
>>34818094
>calling names and denying someone his humanity

you sure have showed me
>>
>>34818059
>Volksturm = guerrillas

No. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>34818101
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf

ok, now it's justified?
>>
File: 1475393229091235.png (41KB, 518x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475393229091235.png
41KB, 518x540px
>>34818112
Looking back at wehraboo's train of thought in this thread I am coming to assumption that expulsions of ethnic Germans from territories given to us by papa Stalin were somewhat humane.

After all, if we were to follow wehraboo doctrine regarding partisans, we would have to wipe them out instead of expelling.
>>
>>34818100
i don't even know what you're arguing anymore, you've been going in circles for an hour commbro
communists aren't people though. you give them that benefit of the doubt and they will exploit it to the detriment of millions every time.
werewolf was largely a postwar partisan resistance and in reality saw minimal practice outside of a few political assassinations and ineffectual attacks. the militant nazis largely went underground or silent. partisan activity was mostly restricted to the far left. and while the volksturm lacked an official uniform due to the practicality of the situation it wasn't really a guerrilla resistance. more of a last ditch, hastily organized militia subordinate to the military and while i'm not privy to the exact wording of official intent in its formation, it was not utilized with the intent of operating behind enemy lines as partisans or guerrillas.

>>34818129
>I am coming to assumption that expulsions of ethnic Germans from territories given to us by papa Stalin were somewhat humane.
gommies and wehraboos have no sense of reality.
>>
>>34818129
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanisation_of_Poles_during_the_Partitions

for the course of history Germans had been such assholes it's unimaginable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)

>but it our land, we will comeback and retake it!

sure it was yours after germanizations and murders
>>
File: Papajak_Watykaniak.gif (198KB, 368x310px) Image search: [Google]
Papajak_Watykaniak.gif
198KB, 368x310px
>>34818143
>"Papa Stalin" is enough to make you believe that I am a commie
Also, nice trollshielding there, wehraboo.
>>
>>34818143
and how was that different to polish Armia Krajowa which was a subject to polish goverment in England?
>>
>>34818143
>communists aren't people though. you give them that benefit of the doubt and they will exploit it to the detriment of millions every time.

Like how Polish jews were initially welcoming towards the nazis and accepted subjugation under Judenrat?
>>
>>34818157
That even under allied occupation Germany was allowed to exist as a nation and we under German occupation were not?

Germans only began to even think about installing Poland-specific chapter of wehrmacht when they were months away from losing the war utterly. Which also means that dutifully accepting subjugation under the nazis is only fruitful when they are running out of supplies, people and land.
>>
>>34818174
Well even before that they were forcing Poles in Silesia into Wehrmacht.
>>
>>34818092
>Believing Herman Goering propaganda
Dresden death toll was 20,000 according to local historians; Stop getting your WW2 knowledge from literal Nazis.
>>
>>34818017
Nice evidence
>>
>>34818192
you want copies of the orders? you can probably find them if you google. i'm not your fucking bibliography but the claim has merit.
>>
>>34818092
Dresden and the blitz are perfectly comparable. Dresden just didn't take as long, because of based bomber harris.
>>
>>34817169
Mad libshit/pajeet detected
Wtf are you doing here, goy?
>>
>all these weeaboo candy asses itt

They deserved the bomb. They still do till this day imo. The only good race is the white man.

Gooks do not have a sense of right or wrong : only a sense of honor , which is politically askew depending on the times.
They're not people. Get over it, folks.
>>
File: ridelaugh.jpg (188KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
ridelaugh.jpg
188KB, 720x720px
>>34816985
>American soldiers even had to be bribed with ice cream and several days leave to persuade them to return Japanese POWs alive

I tried not to laugh, I really did, but picturing that was too much
>>
>>34818031
If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true. Germans and Polacks are of the same race, and the Germans knew this. Many Nazis even had Polish ancestors.
>>34818038
They simply shot them. They didn't torture them and mutilate the bodies like Americans in the Pacific.
>>34818044
I don't consider those to be crimes. I consider them ordinary acts of war.
>>34818047
>Nazis had quota regarding how many of us were to be exterminated.
False.
>>34818053
The Japanese were fighting as uniformed soldiers, not partisans.
>>34818056
>An invasion force usually doesn't slaughter every single civilian they come across.
The Japs did not kill every civilian they met. They killed civilians whom they believed to be disguised Chinese soldiers, which many of them, in fact, were.
>>34818059
That would have been fair game, yes.
>>34818063
Internment camps were for Americans of Japanese ethnicity. That's not a war crime. It's a domestic civil rights issue.
>>34818129
Did German civilians in Pomerania wage a guerrilla war against the Polish government after the German armies had surrendered?
>>34818157
Was the Polish Home Army uniformed? No, they fought as partisans for the most part.
>>34818160
Polish Jews were never welcoming to the Germans. Nearly all Jews in Eastern Europe at this time were hardcore communists.
>>34818241
We really are a fatass nation.
>>
File: 1486964053666.jpg (113KB, 720x616px) Image search: [Google]
1486964053666.jpg
113KB, 720x616px
>>34817385
>anyone have that wehraboo power level chart?
This one?
>>
>>34818261

You are dense motherfucker.

>They simply shot them

No, that wasn`t enough for germans. Entire village was burnt alive in my country
>>
File: volksturm.jpg (108KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
volksturm.jpg
108KB, 800x576px
>>34818261
It's true you retard. I am from that region. Germans were murdering whole villages while also taking young kids back to Germany. They had no problems with killing or working to death their parents.

>Was the Polish Home Army uniformed? No, they fought as partisans for the most part.

these guys werent uniform neither, so if they were surrounded and were technically fighting inside enemy lines, the city was good to be cleansed?
>>
>>34818233
this
>>
>>34818144
>it was yours after you took it
welcome to history.

but you willfully admit they took it and made it theirs hundreds of years earlier? squabbling over who took the first dump on the land is pointless. you allow someone to take something from you, you lose it. as long as your people are still there you're justified in attempting to liberate them, no? after that it's back to spite and desire for land.

>>34818157
volksturm wasn't underground and fought as part of regular military action, in uniform where possible. they were supposed to be uniformed but it wasn't always the case.
werewolves were underground largely independent terror cells and they were executed for it when discovered or captured.
Armia Krajowa was an organized non-uniformed underground resistance that was sanctioned by the polish state in exile. uniform amounted to an armband which was disposed of at the fighter's convenience.
they really aren't all the comparable and they were all subject to different occupiers' laws. of them the least justifiable for execution as partisans were probably the volk.
>>
>>34817109
fpbp
>>
>ITT: butthurt wehraboos
>>
>>34818282
What country do you live in? What source says the Germans burned people alive? Was this ordered by the German command, or just individual soldiers acting out?

>>34818285
>these guys werent uniform neither, so if they were surrounded and were technically fighting inside enemy lines, the city was good to be cleansed?
Yes. That's how guerrilla war works. In a regular war, civilians have certain protections and privileges. When those civilians decide to support partisans, they forfeit those protections and privileges.
>>
>>34818393
>When civilians decide to have been born in the same town as people who may or may not harbor resentment towards those who murder their families, they deserve to be killed.

I see that makes sense sure.
>>
>>34817169
The military represents the nation, and if you military is an asshole, guess who bares some of the blame.
>>
>>34818406
In war, you can't figure out who is a partisan and who isn't. They all look alike.

>be Polack
>have relatively minor border dispute with Germans
>Germans resolve dispute by declaring war
>lose regular war in weeks
>decide losing fair and square isn't good enough for you
>wage guerilla war
>Germans punish Polish civilians for supporting partisans
>continue to cry about it for 70 years
>>
>>34818413
Forgot the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdDnbXXn20
>>
>>34817498
>The Japanese had hardly enough food to feed their own people, let alone POWs?

OH, nvm. It's okay then
>>
>>34818420
Well what would you expect them to do? If you were in the shoes of the Japanese command, what would you have done with limited supplies of food?
>>
>>34818413
>Invade country
>Displace rightful government
>Get upset that some of them shoot at you for this
>Murder women and children in response
>Surprisingly this causes them to want them to shoot you more for some reason
>Continue murder until morale improves
>>
>>34818413
And here I thought I was a wehraboo
>>
File: index.png (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
5KB, 224x225px
>>34818261
>If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true. Germans and Polacks are of the same race, and the Germans knew this. Many Nazis even had Polish ancestors.

Hitler and some of the other krauts had a hard on for removing anyone east of Germany (pardoning Finland). Half of the holocaust deaths were Polish.

>They simply shot them. They didn't torture them and mutilate the bodies like Americans in the Pacific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

>I don't consider those to be crimes. I consider them ordinary acts of war.
Hello wehraboo.

>The Japanese were fighting as uniformed soldiers, not partisans.
Alright.

>The Japs did not kill every civilian they met. They killed civilians whom they believed to be disguised Chinese soldiers, which many of them, in fact, were.
Like this one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

>That would have been fair game, yes.
Eh.

>Internment camps were for Americans of Japanese ethnicity. That's not a war crime. It's a domestic civil rights issue.
Ok.

>Did German civilians in Pomerania wage a guerrilla war against the Polish government after the German armies had surrendered?
No but they did against the Soviets, who the Polish were sorta forced to tag along with.

>Was the Polish Home Army uniformed? No, they fought as partisans for the most part.
Eh, they did get supplies near the end.

>Polish Jews were never welcoming to the Germans. Nearly all Jews in Eastern Europe at this time were hardcore communists.
Sauce that claim.

>We really are a fatass nation.
During WW2 we sure as hell not. Half the boys were thin a stick. K-Rations barely had enough to sustain you in the long term.
>>
>>34816985
Modern Japan is a wonderful nation full of wonderful people. Imperial Japan deserved the full might of God's divine atomic wrath. Both for what they did, and by there own warriors code. We gave them the hell they asked for as fellow warriors. Also meant not slaughtering there civilians on the mainland and getting divided in half like Korea.

>North Japan is Best Japan
>>
>>34818233
>>34818289
that's exactly why no one is discussing it. you don't mourn a wasp nest after your done burning it.

>>34818160
if the jews hadn't consistently been hostile and most importantly incredibly insular assholes for the entirety of their diaspora they probably wouldn't be so hated. even now they have a pity homeland and naturally use it to spread human misery but they're totally tragic victims or something (despite having a similar rhetoric and regard between jews and non-jews as the nazis had) and not at all responsible for bolshevism. admirable how they've clung to tradition and kept it alive but it has also a been primary source of friction with host populations.
ironically if they had taken stalin's offer to fuck off into the middle of nowhere they would still be alive and probably have a prosperous semi-autonomous state.
whether jews are people or not i don't really care at this point.
even martin luther hated them by virtue of familiarity.
>be asshole and refuse to integrate
>cry foul when host nation reprises to foreign body attacking it
>mourn low level victims who probably did nothing and try to bank on moral capitol
>repeat until full on shoah
>cycle starts again until someone gives israel back
>>
>>34818432
Who's to say which government is the rightful ruler of a piece of land? Who's to say whether the border should be this river or that mountain or whatever? It's not so clear. What is clear is that rules of war apply only in the context of two governments with a pre-existing agreement about what's a fair fight. The Polacks chose not to play by the rules, so why should the Germans?
>>34818436
>Hitler and some of the other krauts had a hard on for removing anyone east of Germany
Flatly false.
>>34818436
>>They simply shot them. They didn't torture them and mutilate the bodies like Americans in the Pacific.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
I was talking about the Germans, not the Japs.
>>34818436
>Like this one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
The Japs did not kill every civilian in Nanking. They allowed foreigners in the city to set up a safety zone. Civilians in the safety zone were killed, but the motive for the killing was the fact that Chinese soldiers were hiding among the civilians in disguise.
>>34818436
>No but they did against the Soviets, who the Polish were sorta forced to tag along with.
After the war? I don't think so.
>>34818436
>Sauce that claim.
The Soviet government had a vastly disproportionate number of Jews. The list of Bolsheviks had more Jews than a Chinese restaurant on Christmas.
>>
>>34818425

Uh, like, not use abuse them physically and mentally for a start???

>>34818393

>What country do you live in? What source says the Germans burned people alive? Was this ordered by the German command, or just individual soldiers acting out?

Lithuania. This did not went without approval of authorities https://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pir%C4%8Diupiai

And thats just one case that I could remember, Germans considered us somewhat less than allies, but not entirely slavs, so we were treated better. I am sure burnt villages, raped women and other savagery was more common in sovietland.
>>
>>34818477
>Uh, like, not use abuse them physically and mentally for a start???
Don't change the subject. The point of contention was about food. The Japs are blamed for feeding their prisoners starvation rations when their means of doing otherwise was questionable at best.
>>34818477
>And thats just one case that I could remember, Germans considered us somewhat less than allies, but not entirely slavs, so we were treated better. I am sure burnt villages, raped women and other savagery was more common in sovietland.
Buildings were definitely burned, but German soldiers were never, at any point in the war, allowed to rape women. If a German soldier raped a woman, he would have been hanged by Germans or sent to a punishment battalion.

Lithuanians are not Slavs, but the Germans had many Slavic allies, so that's not really relevant.
>>
>no goyim don't look up the mass suicide in demmin and learn just how degenerate the bolsheviks were
>>
File: 555 come on now.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
555 come on now.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>34818233
>saying Wehraboo's are bad because they are mad over the atom bombs (which is right)
>saying the only good race is the white man
>>
>>34818047
Fuck off subhuman
>>
>>34818446
Quality post
>>
>>34818468
Babies and pregnant women... also known as chinese soldiers hiding among civis in disguise
>>
File: 1492967690649.jpg (17KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1492967690649.jpg
17KB, 250x241px
>>34818413
>decide losing fair and square isn't good enough for you

You know who shares your dogma regarding sovereignity in the face of occupation?
The Chinese, who have been brainwashed into believing it so hard that they spent most of their AD history as slaves of foreign nations and tribes. What a glorious history they had, eh?
>>
>>34818883
not sure whether butthurt race traitor white, communist, or mud.
>>
File: 1501595338495.png (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1501595338495.png
2MB, 1280x1920px
>>34817224
>>
>>34817153
his stated point, his implied point was was that americans were the savages when in fact the japanese committed such horrors they are still hated throughout asia.
>>
>>34818446
>ironically if they had taken stalin's offer to fuck off into the middle of nowhere they would still be alive and probably have a prosperous semi-autonomous state.

Gib proofs that this happened, mr Holocaust-happened-only-because-Jews-rejected-their-way-out.
>>
>>34819638
i never said the holocaust wouldn't have happened. the holocaust would have happened either way, there were jews in german and other german occupied territories after all, but unwanted jews in soviet occupied territory would have been spared. the soviets didn't want them in their western territories and offered them a way out. shocking that no one wanted them.
first google result of key words shows it, so google it yourself faggot. the rats should have seen the writing on the wall in the anti-capitol atheist revolution which followed the pogroms.
and finally, fuck off jidf filth.
captcha: toro frei
>>
ITT: a whole lot of incorrect information.

Fun fact: every participant of world war 2 committed horrible acts.
>>
File: How convenient.png (93KB, 410x508px) Image search: [Google]
How convenient.png
93KB, 410x508px
>>34819789
>Hurrrr everyone does bad things, so it all evens out in the end!
>>
File: 1464988842778.jpg (76KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464988842778.jpg
76KB, 960x960px
>>34819789
>whole lot of incorrect information.
mostly on behalf of the far left and far right in pursuit of moral superiority. centrists want all you shits to take your nigger friends and fyad, leave the actual humans to doing civilization for other humans.
>>
>>34818628
>Many of the soldiers committing the mass rapes, executions, and pillaging were reportedly drunk.[3] Already on April 30, when the atrocities started in the evening, Soviet soldiers had looted both Demmin's cereal distilleries and several alcohol stores.[6]
Russians really are nigger tier.
>>
>>34819789
>every participant of world war 2 committed horrible acts.
America didn't. Britain didn't. Only Germany, Japan, and Russia did horrible things really like mass executions.

That's just anglo civility.
>>
>>34819789
>
>>
File: 1497885697002.gif (569KB, 258x255px) Image search: [Google]
1497885697002.gif
569KB, 258x255px
>>34819936
by definition certain american bombings of axis powers were war crimes but no one was ever prosecuted barbecue reasons. barbecue. bbq. wtf. wtfbbq. schamalamadingdong.
>>
>>34819936
>only germany, japan and russia did horrible things

Dresden, Hamburg, Tokyo etc never happened yeah?
>>
>>34820310
>>34820334
>war crimes
>something that was totally legal to do at the time
>>
>>34817470
Damn, I have just finished reading "King Rat" by James Clavell, about life in the Japanese POW camp in Changi, Singapur. This is exactly what those POWs must have looked like when the camp was liberated.
>>
File: Life Magazine.jpg (88KB, 689x960px) Image search: [Google]
Life Magazine.jpg
88KB, 689x960px
>>34817394
This is Natalie Nickerson, a 20yr old from Arizona whose "big handsome Navy lieutenant promised her a Jap. Last week Natalie received a human skull autographed by her lieutenant and 13 friends inscribed 'This is a good Jap-a dead one.'" May 22, 1944.
>>
>>34820682
Her face says "that romantic fool"
>>
File: 1497369459906.jpg (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497369459906.jpg
2MB, 1280x960px
>>34820350
so what you're saying is that war crimes are nonsense recriminations thrown at losers because sore winners?
>>34820682
i'd suck chad dick for a mud skull and accompanying lion AK.
>>
>>34820738
>bombing cities: legal
>shooting civilians: illegal

The Geneva Conventions spelled this out before the war started.
>>
File: 1498176963867.jpg (525KB, 852x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498176963867.jpg
525KB, 852x1200px
>>34820758
there's no difference like indifference. where you the draw the line is up to you though i guess.
>>
>>34817201
Hitler personally ordered that so long as they weren't impeding the war, nothing the soldiers did would be considered illegal (The Barbarossa Decree).

While the fighting in the Pacific/East Asia/SEA was brutal, it has nothing on the Eastern Front where you had two titanic powers trying their hardest to exterminate each other. Even at their worst the Japanese were trying to only pacify their conquests, albeit brutally.

There's a reason Eastern Europe took decades to repopulate to prewar levels, and former German state of Prussia was annihllated. So to answer the OP, the Eastern Front indisputably holds the title of most brutal conflict in human history. Even the Mongol's conquests could be considered less brutal because they at least gave their enemies the option of surrendering.
>>
>>34820788
No, it was up to the international community.

Like, these were written laws and everything. It was pretty straightforward and explicit.

Then again, I'm not sure why I'd expect an anime poster to read better than a sixth grade level.
>>
>>34817931
This guy knows how it was. When they first rolled into Ukraine they were treated as liberators, and many Ukrainians willingly helped with the purging of Party members and jews. But once they started collectively punishing whole villages for the actions of nearby partisans and shipping people off as slave labor for the factories in Germany, they pretty quickly lost all control over the region.

t. ethnic ukrainian with grandparents that were sore about the Nazis screwing them over even decades later
>>
>>34817498
The fuck do the Brits have to do with this?
>>
>>34816985
Ahh the power of propaganda. Did they get turned into soap and lampshades too?
>>
>>34818092
>fighter planes circled the wreckage for days gunning down anything that moved.
Now you're making shit up
>>
>>34820969
>international community
fuck that shit. it is, has, and always will be a joke.
are you going to send your child to die in ugunada because the "international community" has decided it's not okay for one species of nig to murder one species of nog?
being straight forward and explicit and actually enforced have always been different things. different laws apply to different peoples. i'm not sure why I'd expect an anime poster to read better than a sixth grade level.
>>
>>34822406
>sign a treaty agreeing not to do something
>do it
>lose war
>get hanged

>no treaty telling you not to do something
>do it
>lose war
>don't get hanged
>>
>>34822415
>be forced upon threat of annihilation to do something you are not willing to do, will no do, and cannot do
>"community" pretends to be surprised when instead of destroying yourself you violate said treaty and the world falls into another war
joke status. everyone knew the score.
>>
>>34816985
It mostly depends on the coverage we got.

Some had scholars, journalists, and intellectuals documenting stuff from the front lines. Some only reported echoes from the distant battlefield. Others were just common people that could report any truth or lie they wanted. I'll let you ponder on that.

Don't judge any event based on cherrypicked reports, and don't ever compare reports of different events.
>>
File: German War Crimes Denial Thread.jpg (801KB, 1227x849px) Image search: [Google]
German War Crimes Denial Thread.jpg
801KB, 1227x849px
>>34816985
Most of this had to do with anti-japanese propaganda on the home front. You depict the enemy as beasts, thus your soldiers treat them as such.

The Japanese weren't exactly scrupulous either, so put it lightly and did many of the same things to Allied POWs.

>>34817201
Pic related.
>>
>>34822664
Name one statement I made which can be proved to be factually incorrect without using heavily biased sources of information.

Did the Soviets massacre Poles and blame it on the Germans?
Yes, the most notable incident of this was the Katyn massacre.

Did the Wehrmacht discipline its own men for mistreating civilians?
Yes, they did.

Does Israel now admit that the "soap and lampshade" stories about the Holocaust are false?
Yes, they do, although they still insist on the presence of gas chambers.

>>34821627
As I said, it's not propaganda. These are stories from American soldiers who were there. Most of them are dead or in their 90s now, but they did pass this information down to us before they died.

>>34821380
It shows the hypocrisy of the western allies for denouncing starvation in Japanese occupied Thailand while ignoring starvation in British occupied India.

>>34821057
>This guy knows how it was. When they first rolled into Ukraine they were treated as liberators, and many Ukrainians willingly helped with the purging of Party members and jews. But once they started collectively punishing whole villages for the actions of nearby partisans and shipping people off as slave labor for the factories in Germany, they pretty quickly lost all control over the region.
Ukrainians supported the Germans until the end of the war and even continued to fight against the Stalin regime until the 1950s. The same can be said of other Soviet-occupied countries in eastern Europe.

>>34820969
>international community
There is no such thing.

>>34820758
What kind of sense does that make?
>>
>>34817153
nice intohistory retard
>>
>>34817984
The soviets purposely stayed on the other side of the river so the nazis could wipe out polish resistance autist
>>
>>34817444
Oh! You're a troll.
Fuck off.
>>
>>34818445
Bullshit.
Have you visited Japan ever? Surface politeness covers disdain for all non-Japanese.
>>
>>34818425
Not started an unwinnable war.
>>
File: japanese-internment.jpg (68KB, 492x600px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-internment.jpg
68KB, 492x600px
The difference between America and the Axis Powers is that everyone walked out of our camps alive at the end of the war. Can't say the same for those imprisoned by Germany and Japan.
>>
>>34825051
Why no german or italian camps tho
>>
>>34826419
General racism against non-European immigrants, though Irish-Americans were probably thanking their lucky stars that Ireland stayed neutral.
>>
>>34826419
There were.
>>
>>34826419
>>34828295
See here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_German_Americans

>>34825051
False analogy. Prisons for subversive citizens are quite different from prisons of war.
>>
File: 1498634647192.png (215KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1498634647192.png
215KB, 500x380px
>>34825051

Not really, in many cases you didn't even adhere to the Geneva Convention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinwiesenlager
>>
File: 1500886206032.png (201KB, 366x382px) Image search: [Google]
1500886206032.png
201KB, 366x382px
>>34828337
>almost 3,000-10,000 of TWO MILLION PRISONERS died
>0.5%
>over 6 months

jesus christ the sheer brutality
>>
>>34825051

That starts with assumption that POW walked to the camp in first place. Surrendered enemy combatant isn't POW until processed at battalion HQ. US and British routinely shot between 10 to 50% of people surrendering before processing 'em to POWs.

Also immediately after the war western allies invented the term disarmed enemy combatant so surrendering German troops don't have to be classified as POW's and don't have same rights as POW's.
>>
>>34828480
>US and British routinely shot between 10 to 50% of people surrendering before processing 'em to POWs.
In the Pacific, that number was closer to 100%. Very few Japanese were ever actually taken as prisoners because Americans couldn't resist the urge to torture and kill them.
>>
>>34818014
So the japs dropped fliers on Nanking saying they were going to bayonet and rape people indiscriminately?

That Chinese soldiers would be used for sword and bayonet practice?

I'd like to see that flier.
>>
>>34816985
>The war in the Pacific was arguably the most brutal and disturbing war in human history
Mate ... come on.
Humanity has been committing atrocities since the day we learned to swing rocks.
>The Mongols rode across half the world butchering entire cities of surrendered civilians by the millions. They piled heads into pyramids that overshadowed houses. They baptised kings in molten lead. They filled in the irrigation systems that had been built over generations and that had made civilisation in the Middle-East even possible.
>The Yellow Tiger forces in China in the 1600s killed 1 in every 3 people. They severed, piled and burned the feet of as many women as they could get their hands on to thank god for saving their warlord.
>The Aztecs systematically captured and sacrificed their foes, filling their temples with racks supporting tens of thousands of skulls. They sacrificed men, women and children, and if the children didn't cry loudly enough to ensure a good harvest the priests would rip their fingernails off.
>The Sudanese Civil War which ended just barely a couple of years ago was rife with war crimes and atrocities that could compete with the worst any other war has to offer. The drugging and enslavement of young boys to fill armies. Families being forced to eat the still-warm flesh of their own tribesmen as punishment for beiing the wrong type of brown. Churches and hospitals being specifically targeted.
>>
>>34817837
This, but only in terms of sample size. The "japanese running off in terror." is a reference to what a women did when she saw a camera man, I assume the other stories are the same.
>>
>>34828494
We took tons of POW's on the western front and in the korean war. The reasoning is simple; it's the path of least resistance and has a lower chance of death than fighting. Even sadists would take pows and show them to officers since it increased their chances of survival tenfold.

The pacific theatre was different; the Japanese did not surrender and opted to fight to the death, taking that option off the table. The very few pows captured in the pacific were usually construction workers or incapacitated soldiers.
>>
>>34828647
The purpose of dropping leaflets is to undermine the political support of the enemy government, to encourage insurrection and disloyalty. Leaflets are simply a weapon of war, not a humanitarian consideration.
>>
>>34818468
>flatly false
Explain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_victims
>>
>>34828797
>Japanese did not surrender and opted to fight to the death, taking that option off the table
This is simply false. Japanese soldiers did try to surrender to Americans until it became apparent that no quarter would be given.
>>
>>34828803
Consider the source. Most of the information treated as "history" was just Soviet propaganda. The Soviets lied to their own people. Why wouldn't they lie to us? Also, Jewish Holocaust "historians" recently admitted to fabricating the figure of 5 million gentiles being killed in the Holocaust. It was a big scandal and made the news. If the Jews lied to us about that, why should we believe anything else they have to say about the matter?
>>
>>34818468
>Who's to say which government is the rightful ruler of a piece of land? Who's to say whether the border should be this river or that mountain or whatever? It's not so clear. What is clear is that rules of war apply only in the context of two governments with a pre-existing agreement about what's a fair fight. The Polacks chose not to play by the rules, so why should the Germans?

An agreement signed awhile ago recognizing them a such. What rules were there to play when the reason to invade was simply "this is my land now".

>Flatly false
Except, no. Look at the majority of deaths.

>I was talking about the Germans, not the Japs.
So stripping people naked, taking photos, then shooting them is even better?

>The Japs did not kill every civilian in Nanking.
The fact they were purposely killing civies is the problem.
>They allowed foreigners in the city to set up a safety zone.
What. They were being invaded while being attacked with bio and chem warfare.

>Civilians in the safety zone were killed, but the motive for the killing was the fact that Chinese soldiers were hiding among the civilians in disguise.

With no proof beyond "I think she's a spy, let's rape her for three days then shove a knife in her vagina sideways so she bleeds out slowly."

>After the war? I don't think so.
There was some resistance, but by that time most had been eliminated.

>The Soviet government had a vastly disproportionate number of Jews. The list of Bolsheviks had more Jews than a Chinese restaurant on Christmas.
That's not saucing the claim. That's backing up a claim with another claim.
>>
>>34828811
Huh it made the news. Good, then you can give me a new source that shows the fabrications.
>>
>>34828807
Considering the Japs often feigned surrender to a get a few more Americans dead like the Marines first encountered in Guadalcanal, it's a given that the Americans are more than willing to shoot a surrendering jap.
>>
>>34828826
Here you go.

http://www.jta.org/2017/01/31/news-opinion/united-states/remember-the-11-million-why-an-inflated-victims-tally-irks-holocaust-historians

>>34828821
>An agreement signed awhile ago recognizing them a such. What rules were there to play when the reason to invade was simply "this is my land now".
It's not so simple. The dispute was over railroad access to the German Baltic city of Danzig. The Germans had only lost the territory in question as a result of losing WW1, not voluntarily. Nearly all of what is today western Poland was German at some point in history, and at the time was full of ethnic Germans, so drawing a "fair" border that makes both sides happy is very difficult.

>>34828821
>Except, no. Look at the majority of deaths.
Majority of deaths were Soviets and Judeo-Bolshevik partisans, not "everyone east of Germany."

>>34828821
>With no proof beyond "I think she's a spy, let's rape her for three days then shove a knife in her vagina sideways so she bleeds out slowly."
That's what war is. You can't know for certain if a man claiming to be a civilian is a soldier in disguise.

As for the women, they were raped, but that was the norm in war for about 5000 years. I'm not saying that makes it OK, but it does help to put it in context. Also, the rapes in Nanking were done by individual soldiers acting out of line, not ordered directly from the government in Tokyo. For comparison, there were plenty of (black) American GIs who raped French women too, so don't act like the Japs are unique in this regard.

>>34828821
>That's not saucing the claim. That's backing up a claim with another claim.
Look up any list of high ranking Bolsheviks. Reads like a Tel Aviv phonebook.
>>
They deserved it, weebs should be genocided too
>>
>>34828987
This is a perfect example of the nationalist mentality. First deny atrocities ever occurred. If that doesn't work, say the other side somehow deserved it.
>>
lol at the "tojo/nazi losers were good bois dey dindu nuffin" fags
>>
>>34828989
Im far left tho, kill all weebs
>>
File: Hitler.jpg (211KB, 1400x672px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
211KB, 1400x672px
>>34828994
>implying Hitler did anything wrong
>>
>>34829003
she didnt when she killed herself hiding in her bunker like a lil fag
>>
War in the pacific was a joke. Fortified islands and still the defenders took higher casualties and fights lasted only for a few weeks and Americans still cry about it like they cry about their civil war. Also it took them ages to take out a country that pretty much had a WWI economy and inferior equipment.
>>
>>34829047
What are you smoking?

The IJN was the most powerful navy in the world in 1941. It steamrolled the pacific fleets of half a dozen countries.
>>
>>34829003
You're right. He did kill Hitler after all.
>>
>>34817201

Do it again Bomber Harris!
>>
>>34817224
This. Fuck partisans. Dont obey any rules, then get fucked and cry about it.
>>
>>34822829
Do you have a single source for any of the shit you say?
>>
>>34818047
>t. subhuman orc
>>
>>34828989
Different anon, but this is plain stupid. Most people in this thread agree they happen, we just give no fucks about it. I'm Filipino, those Jap fuckers deserved everything they had coming to them and it absolutely sickens me that you're defending them.
>>
>>34818047
is this image meant to say that homogeneous white communities AREN'T disproportionately successful?
>>
>>34818059
The volkssturm fought as auxiliary military formations, not guerrillas.

The German populace was subjected to unimaginable horrors anyway, google "rape of Berlin"
>>
>>34830750
Tell me what specifically you want sourced, and I'll see if I can find you a source. Most of what I said is widely known and not even disputed.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.