[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tactical languages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: niggatry.jpg (351KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
niggatry.jpg
351KB, 2048x2048px
how many languages does /k/ speak? because in movies, operators always speak a really obscure language. now this is mostly to americans, and veterans, but do you guys speak any bad ass languages? i mean, we spend all this time learning weapons and stuff, anyone ever buckle down on some cantonese? or some swahili? i mean just for the intimidation factor its pretty fucking cool
>>
>>34814711
I've forgotten a shitload of German
>>
>>34814711
i can read the cyrillic alphabet, but i don't know what the fuck the words mean. also russian grammar is caveman tier
>>
I'm a polylinguist as it pertains to my career. My career is 0% OPERATOR though.
>>
>>34814711

Used to speak Japanese and Korean when I was very young but then the family PCS'd to Virginia and had to deal with all the people there.
>>
i speak fluent dindu
>>
sprechen Sie ein wenig Deutsch.
>>
Passable Spanish, I've been trying to force myself to learn Chinese and Russian.
>>
Used to speak a little arabic and tagalog from working in KSA but you hardly ever need it since almost everyone speaks passable english over there.
>>
Does ASL count?
>>
>>34814711
I can stumble my way through Italian and German.

The German is okay enough to handle a conversation akin to that of two four year olds talking.
The Italian is enough to say "ME STABBED, NEED DOCTOR PRONTO!"
>>
>>34814711
I can speak Chinese and French, and I'm trying to learn Farsi. But I'm about as far away from operator as is physically possible.
>>
>>34814711
Learning Polish right now actually
>>
>>34814711
Dari, but I'm a few years out of daily practice
>>
>>34814711
Spanish (HS and college)
Arabic (college and family friends)
and like 10 words in Russian (cause Slav) and Croatian (cause family and friends)
>>
I know some Ancient Greek and plan on learning Modern Greek as well since very it's similar. A bit of Spanish, but I hate that language.
>>
My native language is English. I can understand a decent amount of spoken and written Swedish (dad is an immigrant and spoke it with my mom when they didn't want me to know they were talking about sex or whatever, but I picked up on it), but I can't speak it. I'm proficient with German because I took several years of high school and college classes and spent a decent amount of time over there. I currently live in a community with a lot of Asian immigrants and Asian-Americans and have learned how to say "excuse me," "toilet," "emergency," "hospital," "bus time," and "train time" in Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, and Vietnamese. It helps a lot because little old Chinese and Vietnamese ladies are at every single bus stop I go to.
>>
can speak spanish and am about to start taking french classes in uni this upcoming year.
>>
French.

I find French very operator-tier.
>>
>>34816288
Let me guess, you live in San Jose?
>>
Did immersion French in school, been a while since I graduated and haven't really used it much since, but I'm guessing I could remember some if I tried. From that I can usually work out basic meaning for most of your Romance languages, plus a little Latin at times. Half a dozen words each of Russian and German too, mostly from music and gaming, but not enough for much besides yes/no answers.
>>
>>34814711
Spanish. And a very small Amount of Japanese and German.
>>
File: 1286575844575.jpg (44KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
1286575844575.jpg
44KB, 480x400px
>>34814711
Was born speaking German and Spanish because of my families, learned English in school, studied Arabic in high school and college. Now I just speak English and Spanish. The Arabic was a nice little side job teaching foreign students English, but most just bribed their teachers for good grades.
>>
>>34816327
San Francisco, unfortunately. It sucks ass, but I was born here and pay less for college since I'm a local, which has kept me out of the whole student loans trap. Half of my classes are more indoctrination than education and I was taught critical theory instead of critical thinking in my required Critical Thinking GE course, but I read a lot on my own and have learned to filter the lefty bullshit out. Really, I'm just paying for a degree to get a job I'm already capable of doing. Luckily, I only have one more year left in this shithole.
>>
Russian, Hebrew, English, French, and I can talk to niggers pretty well.
>>
>>34816312
Larteguy taught me that Basque was the most operator-tier. Colonel Raspeguy is not a man to be messed with.
>>
>>34816414
Yeah, I lived around that cesspit for a while and hated it. I feel like nearly every university is like that, but good luck with your degree, hopefully it will allow you to move somewhere you'd like to be.
>>
>>34814711

Apart from my native English, I can speak French, German, Italian, Latin, Old English (Anglo-Saxon) fluently and can get by in Mandarin and Japanese.
>>
File: 1471208620415.jpg (23KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
1471208620415.jpg
23KB, 360x280px
>>34814711
basic bitch hindi/urdu. My dad didn't really speak to me in hindi as a kid and my mom was German. I'm actually going to be working on it more this year and hope to become more proficient in it.
>>
>>34814711

What about the head turn thing.
>>
>>34814794
Actually, Russian grammar is very similar to Latin.
>>
I speak fluent Thai and english, but I have a shit accent in Thai and I sometimes stutter while speaking english. I've tried to learn German, Russian, and japanese in the past. I've retain Japanese the most, but mostly becuase of animus.

Don't ask me to read or write Thai though. I can read, but very slowly. Can't spell for shit. I also don't really understand modern Thai slangs.

I know very little thai gun terms though. l tried to read a forum once and was utterly baffled.
>>
>>34816423
do you have a tattoo on the side of your head with brass knuckles that says "fuck societies standards" and on the knuckles if one were to look closesly, 1312 for all cops are bastards?
>>
I speak german fluently but my first language is swiss german which you can consider a different language, i'm fluent in english. I had some french in school but couldn't form a coherent sentence anymore
>>
>>34815396
Only if you ERP at enemy observers
>>
>>34814711
Mandarin Chinese
A small amount of Russian
Extremely rusty Spanish and French

My focus mainly goes towards Mandarin, but I really need to dig up the other 3 in my brain and practice them more

>>34815368
"Chinese" isn't really a language though, at least when it comes to spoken.
Mandarin is the "official" language but in southern China it's more Cantonese. Though you and the speaker of the other could read the same newspaper.
Then there are things like Shanghaiese

Mandarin is the most useful and probably what you were referring to though
>>
>>34814794
ok, Russian grammar is actually some of the most complex and when used properly can lead to incredible prose in writing
>>
I speak some Korean
was the easiest foreign language in college
Never even bothered to mention it until recent events
>>
>>34814711
english, russian, georgian, spanish, understand french and italian, and currently learning swahili as i do a shit ton of business in Tanzania. Not as intimidating as youd think, sounds like a retard speaking 14 different languages at once all while adding unnecessary vowels and nonsense grammar rules. I shit you not the way you make a word negative is by dropping any "ie"s that might be in it, adding a ki at the front and changing tense based on what the object of the sentence is. Its like pig latin but more retarded
>>
>>34814711
>File: niggatry.jpg (351 KB, 2048x2048)

so fucking glad having tats prevents people from joining the force here. these niggers need to be weeded out.
>>
Danish, English, can understand German somewhat and a passing understanding of the ghetto mix of Danish and Arabic.
>>
Four.

The problem arises when people you understand make a joke and you try to look like you have no idea what's going on. [sweating intensifies]
>>
>>34817070
are u farang
>>
>>34817119
No, I just speak a few languages.
>>
>>34814711
Chinese and Spanish, though neither very well.
>>
File: 1500976086254.jpg (76KB, 491x565px) Image search: [Google]
1500976086254.jpg
76KB, 491x565px
>>34814711
>Arabic (first language)
>English (extremely fluent)
>french, slightly fluent
>extremely basic tourist-tier russian
>Going to learn german and farsi when i finish russian.

rate me /k/
>>
>>34814711
burger that speaks french, spanish, automotive german, and enough italian to get my face slapped

i can order a beer in like 20 different languages though
>>
>>34817505
Why so bitter anon?
>>
>>34814711
Faroese, Danish and English
>>
Pretty much every Balkan language I can understand or speak so thats like 7-8 total?
>>
>>34816617
And when Latin was used by people who knew what they were doing everyone else was prette much cavemen
>>
Im from scandinavia, so thats an instant 3 languages, then english, and Im looking more and more into learning Czech.
>>
Esperanto (decent)
Spanish (1 year of High school equivalency in fluency)
German (1 year of High school equivalency in fluency)
Russian (basic, greetings and such)
High Valyrian (just stared it on Duolingo)
>>
>>34815350
Gut, ich auch spreche ein bisschen Deutsch
>>
>>34817620
I'm an American born Thai
>>
>>34814711
Rusty Spanish and a little bit of Korean. I need to get back to being fluent in Spanish and then attempt to learn more Korean
>>
Fluent English
Fluent Russian
Poquito Spanish
A few words in German, planning to learn next year
"Parle vous anglais?"
>>
Persian (Farsi and Dari) learning cyrilic for Tajik
Arabic (MSA and Iraqi)
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.