[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Remember, if even a fraction of a square millimeter of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 33797903.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
33797903.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>Remember, if even a fraction of a square millimeter of your gun isn't oiled, it'll rust
>But also remember that over-oiling is the #1 cause of damage to guns
>Make sure to clean your gun after every use, and at least twice a year when you don't
>Keep in mind that over cleaning ruins the gun and wears out parts prematurely
>Put your gun in a safe to protect it from humidity
>But if you didn't spend $5000 on your safe it was probably made in China and is effectively a hyper-accelerated rusting chamber full of formaldehyde.
>Oh, you use [oil] because your friend used it and he's never had problems? Here's 8 forum posts about how it's basically concentrated xenomorph blood
>Have an article about how if you don't use [different oil] you're basically soaking your gun in saltwater
>What? You use [different oil]? My buddy used that and his entire safe turned into a just a dirty orange stain over the weekend.
>If you don't use a goldenrod in you're safe, you're practically begging for condensation on your guns
>Of course, it will dry out and crack all of your wood stocks.
>Make sure you put gun socks on all of your guns so they don't get dinged in your safe
>But be aware that you're basically storing your gun in a wet sponge if you do
>Make sure before putting your gun that absolutely every nook and cranny that you touched is wiped if you don't want to get a rust fingerprint
>We did mention how much over-oiling and repeatedly disassembling your gun is fucking your shit up right?

How the fuck does anyone live with this stress?
>>
>>34814426
Over time you learn what works and you learn to filter the incredible amount of bullshit and/or OCD about it.
>>
>>34814426
This is partly why I don't spend a ton of money on trophy guns. I got into guns about 3 years ago and I own 6 guns now. None of them cost more than $600.
I feel less stress about making sure I'm not doing anything to prematurely wear them out as I'm learning about firearms. Maybe one day I'll decide to drop some money on some super premium gun, but honestly I'm not even a good enough shooter to take full advantage of the upgrade that expensive guns afford you in terms of accuracy.
>>
Just store your guns in a cosmoline tub and you should be good.
>>
I keep my fun in a rusty padlocked toolbox padded with some old cotton cloth and some bags of dessicant I got out of packs of Jack Links™ beef jerky. For cleaning I use a sponge on a stick with some WD40. When something feels stiff I use the same nail clippers I used to pull out my ingrown toenails to remove the offending blockage
>>
>>34814562
I like uniqueness in guns more than anything. Unusual actions, appearances, etc.

Most of mine could theoretically be replaced, at least at the moment, but realistically I wouldn't buy a new gun over some rust.

Instead I would just let the blemish completely override whatever positive feelings I had about the gun until thinking about it only fills me with rage and stress about my other guns meeting the same fate.
>>
>>34814426
> over-oiling

The fuck is "over-oiling"?
>>
>>34814870
putting too much oil on the gun

more of an issue with the wood than the metal, oil gets soaked in and weakens the wood over time.
>>
>>34814870
>>34814945
If you have too much oil in the gun it can get full of dirt and debris and basically turn into a polishing compound that grinds down all of the moving internal parts.
>>
>>34814426
Buy owning cheap slav shit.
>>
>>34814870
What the fuck do you think, dumbass
>>
>>34814990
> Dirt polishing compound

It sounds like the problem is the fucking dirt then doesn't it. Clean the shit and oil it the fuck back up.
>>
>>34814426
top quality post anon
>>
Just rub good oil with a cloth on the parts that you touch and you can access without disassembling everything.
And put a few dessicant bags in the safe and the ammo cans.
Move out of Florida.

gg
>>
dumb frogposter
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.