[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you think you could hit a moving target, using a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: dirty commie.png (88KB, 250x306px) Image search: [Google]
dirty commie.png
88KB, 250x306px
How many of you think you could hit a moving target, using a bolt action rifle, from 90 yards away, hitting at-least two out of the three shots you fired (including at-least one head shot), and do it all in 5.6 seconds?
>>
>>34813889
I could do it blackout drunk and with one hand, 90 yards is spitting distance.
>>
>>34813889
the shot came from the grassy knoll. back, and to the left. back, and to the left.
>>
>>34813889
I met this ex-ranger once who told me a gov. operative took him out but who relay fucking knows anymore right?
>>
WE ARE MONITORING THIS
>>
>moving target
>90 yards
>bolt action
so like shooting a deer?
>>
>>34813889
A shooting club near me actually has a "kill JFK contest" once a year. They pull a target along a track at roughly the same angle and at roughly the same distance that ol' Harvey was to Johnny boy. Bolt action rifles only, you can use any optics you want. Usually about half the shooters make all three shots, which is pretty impressive considering LHO only hit 2 of 3.
>>
>>34813889
I shot a 244 Expert in the Marine Corps. 250 is the max. Oswald was apparently below average for a Marine Marksman, according to men who served with him.

Now could Oswald of made the shot? Maybe. Could I, probably better than he could of. Remember the driver slowed down on purpose and the secret service we're ordered to stand down.

Why this doesn't matter: Oswald wasn't the one who got the kill shot.
>>
>>34814076
sauce on this club pls
>>
>>34813889
I don't recall how fast the car was moving, but it looks like 10-15mph. I'd probably have a tough time making a shot the size of a human head only using irons. Oswald's carcano had a scope though, so I think It'd be pretty easy. Give even a novice a day and a scope with a fancy reticle and he could pull it off.
>>
>>34814086
>could of
Yup, you're definitely a retarded Marine.
>>
>>34814076
>Usually about half the shooters make all three shots
In the time LHO had?

Didn't the Warren Commission run a test with 10 top-tier marksmen and none of them could recreate what LHO did in the time he had?
>>
>>34814122
Because I didn't say could have. Instead I said could of. Yes you corrected me for a year now like I care.

You could of not been a virgin. Instead you have remained one. Proper enough English? Accurate enough?
>>
>>34814116
By "club" I mean a bunch of good ol boys who go shoot in an old abandoned quarry renovated into a shooting range that you can only get into if you know someone who knows someone who made a campaign contribution to the sherif.
>>34814157
I don't know exactly what the time frame is but last time they held the contest the target cart was being pulled along by a pickup truck doing abut 15mph. They certainly didn't have more than a minute, the whole range is no more than 500 yards.
>>
>>34814076
My local range (37 PSR, Spring Lake/Ft Bragg NC) does this once a year as well.

Granted, an overwhelming majority of the shooters at the range are military, but on average around 3/4ths make at least one hit within the 6 second time limit.

They also have a semi-auto division, one guy put 30 consecutive rounds into the target in 4.9 seconds and holds the record. 10 more people have managed 30 consecutive hits in under 6 seconds and there's around 50 in the high 20's on hits in 6 seconds.

Yes they use actual shot timers and yes they shoot from an elevated position (although the angle is slightly different, shooting from on top of a connex).
>>
File: hot as fuck asian.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
hot as fuck asian.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
>>34814401
>They also have a semi-auto division, one guy put 30 consecutive rounds into the target in 4.9 seconds and holds the record. 10 more people have managed 30 consecutive hits in under 6 seconds and there's around 50 in the high 20's on hits in 6 seconds.
That all sounds 100% true to me, I don't believe you made any of this up at all.
>>
>>34814465
Dude, that's one shot every third of a second, if you can't make quick consecutive hits with a modern semi auto I suggest you git gud.
>>
File: sux2bu.jpg (660KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
sux2bu.jpg
660KB, 895x895px
Three shots in 5.6 seconds, at 90 yards, with a bolt action rifle? Tough shots, but possible. This last weekend my buddy bet me that I couldn't tag a squirrel with a 12 gauge slug. The lucky squirrel was at about 45 yards. The first shot missed him, and he began running from my right to my left, perpendicular to me. Second shot got him, on the move no less. I won't lie, some luck was involved, but it was still a good shot. A squirrel at 45 yards and a man's head at 90 yards, I bet the man's head is easier. If I could hit the squirrel, LHO could hit JFK. Pic related
>>
>>34814550
30 shots in a row within 6 seconds on a moving target 90 yards away? Is everyone who goes to your local range called John Wayne, or are a few of them called Jerry Miculek too?
>>
I've got a story that relates to this.

So I used to go out and patrol the farms around my family's farm to look for coyotes.
One day I went out and bought some 6.5 carcano for my shitty little late war Calvary carbine. No clips.
I bring it out because why the fuck not.
I don't see shit and stop to take a piss, so the rifle is lying on the ground next to me, empty and my cocks out and of fucking course a yotecomes troting out in the field in front of the one I'm in.
Without pulling my pants up--still pissing actually, I fished a couple rounds out of my pocket loaded the rifle fired, missed, loaded again, shot it in the ass, And then again in the shoulder as it was running away from the first shot. Certainly doable. I did it at 15 whilst pissing and without a clip
>>
>>34814579
>home of 3rd Special Forces Group, USACAPOC, the JFKSWCS, 3 brigades of airborne infantry, a fistful of Rangers, 3 LRS detachments, and 1st SFOD-D
Gee, I bet literally none of them can shoot on a semipro level with tricked-out 3gun rifles. Nuh uh, impossibru.
>>
>>34814157
>Didn't the Warren Commission run a test with 10 top-tier marksmen
The Warren Commission also didn't clean the gun after they ran the test with CORROSIVE SURPLUS and then put the gun into storage for decades. I really doubt their ability to pick "marksmen." I know when some group went to check how accurate the gun was in the 90s or 2000s they found the bore was never cleaned and had become effectively smoothbored.
>>
Read this /k/

https://www.amazon.com/Reclaiming-History-Assassination-President-Kennedy/dp/0393045250
>>
>>34814627
Also, one thing that's never talked about, is that it's very possible Oswald dropped the rifle after he shot, fucking up the scope alignment.
>>
>>34814579
It's hard, yes, which is why only 10-11 people have managed it total in the multiple years they've been doing it (I dont even know how long it's been going but they've done it every year for the 8 years I've lived here).

Also, as >>34814609
pointed out, that area has the largest concentration of professional shooters on the entire planet
>fully a third of USASOC, including the SOF training school (special warfare center), and right at a third of all ODA's (3rd group is significantly larger than 7th group and slightly larger than 1st group, 10th group is fucking tiny, and 19th and 20th groups due to being National Guard have all of 1 ODA each)
>JSOC headquarters
>largest collection of LRS in the world
>somewhere around 50 Rangers (cadre at the JFK center)
>1st SFOD-D
>small contingent of MARSOC
>>
>>34813889
I've done it before, so yeah.
>>
>>34814656
He could have even just had to use Kentucky windage. I don't think the scope was mounted by a gunsmith so it may have been off to start too.

Another thing we won't know thanks to the Warren Commission.
>>
>>34813938
The car seats are at odd angles. It came from the library.
>>
>>34814054
Anon deer pretty much never get shot, especially not 100s of thousands of times a year by sometimes drunk often never practicing rednecks shooting 30 30s.

As long as I habe been shooting I have not understood the mythology around this shot.

Plus he was moving away, slowly. It's not even a hard shot.
>>
>>34815099
*book depository, unless of course you mean the Dallas library, in which case you're suggesting someone somehow made a non line of sight rifle shot from several miles away on a moving trget.
>>
>>34814161
Go chew crayons somewhere else, beaner
>>
>>34815234
The mythology comes from insecure fuckwits who refuse to acknowledge that we're all just specks on a tiny ball hurtling through space and ultimately have no real control over our lives or the world around us. We are at the mercy of fate, there is no greater plan, and sometimes extraordinary things happen without rhyme or reason.
>>
>>34814161
It's could have. Could of doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>34813889
I've gone 3 for 3 at a Kill Kennedy competition at DelTon-Luth near St Cloud, but that was with a Krag, and I know a Carranco wouldn't be that smooth.
>>
>>34814161
>immediately goes to le virgin meme
you really are a dumb bullet sponge aren't you? Fucking welfare queen loser.
>>
>>34814161
No, I am not satisfied. Your post is riddled with fragments.
>>
>>34815744
Wow you're an idiot. That was stated in the post.
>>
>>34814122
>the virgin grammar fag
>>34814161
>the Chad marine
>>
>>34813937
this guy can spit from endzone to enzone.
that's fucking hardcore.
>>
>>34814286
LHO fired his three shots in 5 or 8 seconds
>>
>>34813889
only 90 yards?

it's not like he was a buck jumping through brush, he was in a fucking convertible

Yes, many people could have made those shots.
>>
File: 1276556301146.jpg (9KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1276556301146.jpg
9KB, 384x288px
>>34813889
They were some good shots. Not great ones. I don't know what type of ammo he used but he had a scoped Carcano 91/38. The more I shoot the more laughable the whole second shooter myth becomes. Especially the magic bullet, the investigation treated ballistics like Oswald was shooting lasers instead of slugs.

>The way that bullet bounced around the car and opened up his skull... almost like a .22LR
>>
>>34814029
Seen a documentary once that put the blame on a USSS officer in the trailing car that NDed his M16 on single shot after the first two shots were fired.

who the fuck knows?
>>
>>34819451
Is that the theory from the faggot professor who thinks modern guns go off if you drop them?
>>
>>34813889

I scored a 755 on JFK Reloaded so yea, I could do it.
>>
>>34819898
If it's a Sig it will lmao
>>
>>34814550
6/30=0.2 seconds per shot.

Sent from my iPhone in space because I'm an astronaut. Trust me.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.