[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prepping on the CHEEP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 34

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
This can all be done for a few hundred bucks. It will keep you and one other person alive for 100 days after SHTF, just based on 100 gal of stored water. The two water filtration kits extend that a lot. There is $100 worth of peanut butter (compact high calorie mobile), and roughly $40 of ramen. Since it has (((no nutritional value))) it will be supplemented with 450 multivitamin. Have amoxicillin 500mg x 100 count. Have many guns and ammo that is no problem. Batteries for night vision equipment and red dot sights on AK and various other firearms. Why is it that no one talks about the normies dying of thirst in week one anons? Is this a good (((cheap))) starter prep food liadout for bugging in?
>>
>>34813751
Do you plan on eating the cat too? they don't have a very long shelf life you know.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 250x228px
>>34813773
It would cause indigestion and self doubt. We cannot consume this anon.
>>
Just trying to help folks by spreading the word that water preps are most important, then food, shelter, but of course if you don't have security then you forfeit aforementioned items.
>>
>>34813751

I have gravity fed spring water on my property so no need really to keep that much on hand, but yeah a pantry stocked with enough dry/ canned goods for at least several months is a good start. A stock of unexpired seeds is smart too if you have land. Right now I'm just trying to stockpile ammo because I just keep shooting it all.
>>
>>34813751
May I ask what all the salt is for?
>>
Buy $100 worth of water in gallon or higher containers. Spend $100 on peanut butter. Buy $50 or so of ramen. Buy fishmox. Buy equate brand multivitamin from Walmart. Buy batteries for flashlights and other things. Buy batteries for scopes sights and night vision equipment. Buy 100 cigarette lighters on eBay for $20. Buy two water filtration kits. Cheap, but you'll be alive after the manbun crowd has died of dehydration.
>>
>>34813878
Salt is a substance not found in nature unless you live near the sea. Very cheap, those containers were $0.40. Your body needs salt if you don't have it you'll die.
>>
Ive been stocking up in soylent powder. I already drink tge ready made. The powder is cheap, and each bag is 2000 calories.
>>
>>34813841
You are in a good situation. I have electric well and will have to retrofit week head and its expensive
>>
Buy water filters and collect rain in barrels. Will save all that space. muh beans muh rice.
Muh powdered potatoes, eggs, milk.
Flour dude...buy it. Morning buiscuts on a pan with a few beans can do wonders in the morning.

have an acorn bread
>>
>>34813957
That's good insight about flour. Won't break the bank.
>>
>>34813916
oh? really? muh salt flats, muh salty ass lake
>>
A lot of preppers fuck up by not thinking about water, batteries, flashlights, hiding a fire that you built etc etc. they are all like "muh guns ". SAD!
>>
>>34814009
Salt is not occurring in nature unless you live by the ocean. Which I don't. Human body needs electrolytes (salts) to function. It's $0.44 a can . Get some.
>>
>>34813941

I do have an electric pump in the spring fed cistern that brings it to the house, but hauling water 50 feet in a bucket isn't a big deal. My next big project will be some kind of bunker/ hidden building in the woods on my property.
>>
>>34813918

have fun turning into a tranny during SHTF
>>
>>34813751
Buy some soap, so that you don't die of dysentery.
>>
>>34814026
https://utah.com/bonneville-salt-flats
MUH SALT FLATS!!!!!!
>>
>>34813751

that water is going to go bad
>>
>>34814051
Not everyone is fortunate to live in Mormon country with muh salts
>>
>>34814064
Eventually. But will be rotated out.
>>
>>34813916
>>34814026
There's enough sodium in that $40 worth of shitnoodles to take care of your salt needs.
>>
vodka would be a good item to have. relatively cheap, like $13 for a 1.75 liter of bartons (plastic bottle so you dont break it when drunk as fuck).
its good for disinfecting, bartering, cleaning, and to drown you sorrows away in the post apocalyptic wasteland.
>>
Buy from the Mormon Store House. (Bishops pantry)

Cheap prices. And you dont need to be mormon.

https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category3_715839595_10557_3074457345616706370_-1_N_image_0
>>
>>34814064
>>34814088
>bad water
Please explain.
>>
>>34813916

you will die from salt poisening eating all that ramen, each cup has like 2000mg of salt
>>
>>34813751
That shit is fine if you're a college student but post SHTF you'll be unhealthy as fuck if that's all you eat. Even with multivitamins, you would definitely need to supplement that diet with fruits and veggies and meat. It's a good start, but I wouldn't want to subsist on that shit for more than a couple weeks.
>>
>>34813957
wheat berries will last indefinitely if dry and protected from bugs and mice, you just need a grinder.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Augason-Farms-Emergency-Food-Hard-White-Wheat-26-lb/22001478
>>
I've listened to a podcast called "the realistic prepped" where they tell you to have either 3 days or 2weeks of consumables . I highly disagree based on how cheap some of this shit costs. I think you should have 6 months at minimum.
>>
>>34813916
http://readynutrition.com/resources/5-naturally-occuring-salt-sources-when-the-shtf_29012014/

Doesn't what?
>>
honey is another good item. lots of sugar, lasts forever, and cheap
>>
>>34814160
Salt containers are so cheap though. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get some
>>
>>34813751
Also, amoxicillin is only good for certain types of infections. You're fucked if you catch pneumonia. Do they make azithromyricin for fish?
>>
>>34813751
>No anal lubricant
0/10
>>
>>34814173
I agree but thats not the point.
>>
>>34814184
Azithromyacin is an amazing drug. Doses 5 days and continues to does either ten or 14 days can't remember. But it is more expensive. Also ciprofrolaxin is a very good strong antibiotic if you can get your hands on it. Amoxicillin is cheap that's all.
>>
Those shit clear plastic jugs will split after a few months of just sitting. Way to waste your money anon. You neee to store it in something else.
>>
>>34814225
http://www.budk.com/Fish-Flox-Ciprofloxacin-250-MG-%E2%80%93-30-Count-36813
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3500x2462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3500x2462px
>>34814270
Can you recommend a higher level container? Maybe a carboy or something of that nature. I'm wanting to hear some suggestions so I can improve what I have.
>>
>>34814270
they last a long time, they do photodegrade though so you need to keep them out of the light, especially sunlight. i have good luck with 7 gallon reliant cans, you can usually get 55 gallon plastic drums pretty cheaply from farmers on craigslist pretty cheaply but they are much harder to deal with.
>>
>>34813878
The 18 pounds in each cup of Ramen aren't enough for him.
>>
>>34814315
These are stored in an insulted outbuilding that has a stable (RMS style maybe; you know what I mean) temp, and will be brought into the conditioned space in the house when temperatures fall. I can transfer the contents into a more reliable container. That is a good idea.
>>
>>34814353
I should add that light does not penetrate the outbuilding.
>>
>>34814340
You have a good point there Anon. But that helps me in extending the life of general salt rations.
>>
>>34814353
make sure you get potable water drums if you go that route. some bleach on hand is also a good idea in case something goes wrong with your water.
>>
>>34814408
I have a large container of bleach. I can't remember correctly but I think it's (x) drops per gallon and wait ten minutes or so. Last resort but am prepared for it.
>>
Should mention that main weapons are glock and a
AK-47 due to reliability values.
>>
>>34814033
have you ever contemplated a method to get water from cistern to house without electricity?
>>
>>34814429
16 drops, wait 30 min
https://www.ready.gov/water
>>
>>34813887
Buy containers of water? Where do you live? Containers are cheap and you have a faucet.
>>
File: cat surprised.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cat surprised.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>34813773
>>
>>34814106
>vodka for cleaning and disinfecting
this is a dumbass meme, and I always see it in prepping circles. you can buy isoproyl alcohol for much much cheaper than any distilled beverage. drink your alcohol and buy dedicated cleaning supplies for cleaning
>>
>>34814512

>a bucket
>>
>>34814582

vodka could be drunk, no nutritional value whatsoever, but extremely dense in calories, and could be used for moral, or god forbid, as a sedative.
>>
>>34814128
With time, even the most well sealed containers are exposed to contamination. Those are shitty plastic gallon jugs.
>>
>>34813773
I was about to post "where's the protein?"

Then I saw the cat...
>>
>>34814604
im not saying dont have some. but using it for cleaning and disinfecting is retardedly inefficient. the only thing vodka would be good for would be getting drunk, for morale or otherwise. using it as a sedative is not wise. if you are desperate for calories you could use, y'know, food, which is also much more efficient at providing calories than vodka.
i get what youre saying, alcoholic beverages can have multiple uses, but their price and how they perform those other tasks make them much less efficient than items designed for those purposes.
>>
>>34814106
>$13 for a 1.75 liter

Canada is suffering. $13 may just buy you a 375ml bottle here. That 1.75 is $60 syrup pesos
>>
>>34814672
peanutbutter cat sandwich brah, gotta get those protons
>>
>>34814582
the point is, its multi purpose. its not meant to take the place of iso alcohol or anything else, except for maybe other liquors.
>>
>>34814315
I had a bunch in my basement with no windows. They didn't last that long. One would leak, then later another, then another, etc. A jug of water can last 3-5 years BUT that's only if the jug lasts that long. The ones posted (thin opaque plastic) do not last.
I haven't done it yet but my plan is a pair of 55 gal drums.
>>
>>34813751
>Preppi
Stopped reading there
>>
so what happens if there's no apocalypse or event where you have to survive off of the prep supplies? what happens if your life remains peaceful until death?
>>
>>34814118
>giving money to mormons

Why?
>>
File: captcha_wtf.png (60KB, 1211x305px) Image search: [Google]
captcha_wtf.png
60KB, 1211x305px
>>34814595
i should have phrased that as if your cisterns location was inaccessible or if cistern was actually a well like most of modern USA. this dilemma is on my mind.
>>
>>34814445
Please be bait
>>
>>34814547
a good 7 gallon water can will be around $15, but a gallon of spring water is cheap, sealed clean and convenient. i guess arizona ice tea jugs are pretty good if you drink it much
>>
>>34814147
Unless you're poor as fuck, everyone has about a weeks worth of food in their house.

This is why that stupid list homeland security put out, when the nigger got into office, about people that were possible threats was so dumb. One of the qualifications was having more than 3 days worth of food in the house. If you have a loaf of bread, jar of peanut butter and a small bag of rice and beans you got food for 2 weeks.
>>
>>34813751
Unless you intend to be trading the salt away, I would stop buying salt. The ramen has more than enough slat to sustain you.

You may also want to look into making hardtack. It has simple ingredients (flour, salt, water) and keeps really well (there are people who have eaten US Civil War hardtack). I have even heard of people fortifying it with crushed up multivitamins but I don't know how well that works.

Also look into bullion cubes. You can use that to make a soup stock base that you can then add normally unappetizing game and hardtack to.

Also start stocking up on shelf stable medical supplies more. You have appear to have some rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, but I don't see any bandages. Cleaning a wound does little if it get dirty 15 minutes later. Also even more than food or water, people in real SHTF situations need medical supplies.

Cheap lights and matches are good to have. Lighting a fire is really difficult without modern conveniences. Most stores that sell cigarettes will give away books of matches for free. Bic lighters are cheap as fuck. A zippo is easily refilled with any fluid of suitable flammability so you may want to splurge on at least one good one for yourself.
>>
>>34814745
then you occasionally eat some less than stellar food and your ammo stores increase in value. what happens with your insurance when you never have a car accident or fire?
>>
>>34813751
That Maruchan Ramen is fucking poison, that thing has enough sodium to give you a heart attack in just one day. Don't eat it unless you're starving. Alternately you can use it as your salt reserve to preserve meats.
>>
File: 104331.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
104331.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
>>34814780
>>
>>34814128
>clear plastic
tells you all you need to know

the disgusting chemicals that are in the plastic will leech into the water
>>
>>34813878
>>34814104
>>34814891
Why is everyone hating on the salt? Cheap, lasts forever, and is useful for preserving foods.
People should absolutely criticize all that fucking ramen but salt is a good idea.
>>
>>34814941
mm mmmm this is exactly what i was thinking anon glad to see someone with some common knowledge here, now how does one realistically do this as a backup while also running normie pump to house?
>>
>>34814697
Really? Holy crap. Well at least I now have some ammo whenever a leaf brags about $200 Russian SKS's.
>>
>>34815002
I am not criticizing the salt, just the amount you have. Yes people need salt, but you will run out of water well before you run out of salt.

On average you need 3.75 grams of salt a day. On average each of those containers has 737 grams of salt. Each of those containers can last you 196.5 days for a single persons salt intake. You have 7 of those containers, which means you can last 1,375 days (3 Years, 9 Months and 10 days). If shit has not stopped hitting the fan by then, you have much bigger issues.
>>
>>34815048
http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/hand-pump-electric-well-zmaz84zloeck
http://www.preparewise.com/hand-water-well-pump?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=base&campaign=195686974&networktype=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8aiKodnL1QIVQRuBCh0yxgutEAQYASABEgL5LvD_BwE
http://www.simplepump.com/PRICING/Example-System-Pricing.html

here are a few choices
>>
>>34815118
Basing anything on the "need" of an individual is ridiculous when the whole purpose for keeping a shitton of salt is so you can bulk preserve food.
>>
>>34815118
Salt is usable for preserving fresh meat for a long time in the absence of being able to dehydrate (smoke) it.

Brined fish, kept in the brine at room temperature, will remain safe to eat for about 8 months. Pack a pork shoulder or moist jerky in salt and it's good basically indefinitely.

It's a required ingredient in pickling as well, in case you have fresh veggies to preserve.
>>
>>34815211
Because of you I just bought 260 ounces of salt
>>
>>34815170
>>34815211
It may just be the difference in SHTF plan methodology between us, if you guys are talking about planting and harvesting crops, you are talking a much longer situation than I am. I plan for a temporary situation that will be over in less than a year; I also don't rely on any outside food sources like hunting (every dick with a gun will try this once the Walmart shelves are empty) or fishing (I wouldn't trust the fish from any of the streams near me plus see the hunting issue).

Also do you guys have any experience in preserving food with salt alone?
>>
>>34814714
So buy some moonshine or 10 pint bottles of everclear, and use the saved space for actual isopropyl or better yet, hydrogen peroxide.
>>
>>34815296
Correct me if I'm wrong but just have it in so much salt you can't eat it without dying, then wash it away though multiple baths when you're ready to eat it right
>>
>>34815048
...put a T intersection in your main.
>>
File: 1337494123857.jpg (504KB, 2976x1674px) Image search: [Google]
1337494123857.jpg
504KB, 2976x1674px
>>34813878
It's the Ammo for his salt gun
Prepping to eat bugs
>>
>>34815333
There is size of the meat and temperature components as well. Its not quite as simple as covering it with salt and just ignore it. If you intend to preserve meat with salt, I recommend that you try it before SHTF.
>>
>>34815296
Im this guy >>34815211

I make my own salt-cured hams, I've experimented with pickling my own herring (it was nasty but edible), I make around 30 gallons of dill pickles and about 3 gallons each of canned tomatoes and string beans every year, and I've made salt cod a couple times as a demonstration for the Boy Scouts.

Semi-related, I make my own pickled ginger (doesn't contain salt above and beyond whatever's already in the vinegar), I make homebrew wine, and I've done honey-cured ham a couple times (it takes longer and even after brining it ends up too sweet for my tastes though).
>>
>>34815410
Is curing meats hard? I would assume there is a learning curve that you don't want to figure out under stress.

Also neat that you do that stuff. I have only made my own mead and beer so far.
>>
>>34813751
>amoxicillin 500mg x 100 count
Did you just ask for a prescription for no particular reason? I wouldnt mind have a few as I use it every now and again for the same thing and would like to avoid the doctor song and dance if I could.
>>
>>34815405
HOW TO SALT CURE A PORK SHOULDER OR BUTT INTO HAM
>buy pork part you wish to hamify
>buy an assload of sea salt or otherwise non-iodized salt
>flop your pork onto a clean work surface
>let it come to close to room temperature for max juiciness and salt penetration, if you had it refrigerated
>scrub that bitch down with a fistful of salt
>keep scrubbin'
>grab more salt
>more scrubbin'
>no seriously you scrub the thing for like 30 minutes
>now take literal fistfuls of salt and start packing it on
>there should be enough pork juices rising to the surface that the salt clumps together
>pack more salt on, really mash it on there, it will form a bit of a crust
>pack it on until it's at least an inch thick on all sides
>carefully wrap the whole thing in cheesecloth
>tie it into a bundle as tightly as you can
>hang somewhere it won't freeze (hot is fine, humid is fine) or be eaten by wild animals
>leave it the fuck alone for at least 8 months
>HAM TIME (but seriously, scrape that salt off and soak it before trying to eat it)

THE LAZY MAN'S METHOD
>grab a clean container big enough to fully contain the meaty goodness (5 gallon buckets work well, don't have to be "food grade" but they do need to be uncontaminated so no used paint buckets or oil jugs-I use the Home Depot "Homer" buckets)
>again, use non-iodized salt
>pour about an inch of salt in the bottom of it
>carefully set your pork part down on the salt, ensuring there's at least an inch gap off the sides of the container all the way around
>pour salt all the way around, gently jiggling the container to make sure there's no air gaps
>use enough salt to fully cover it by 2 inches
>DO NOT COVER IT, needs to be able to evaporate out all the water
>stick it somewhere animals won't get to it, closets work well. Don't worry about bugs, they don't into salt
>leave it the fuck alone for 2 years. Yes, it takes a lot longer than the "proper" way, and no it doesn't taste as good.
>>
>>34815495
not op but fish mox
>>
Nobody ever mentions vitamin C tablets. Y'all niggas gettin scurvy. Do you hate your immune systems?
>>
>>34815493
Well, this is gonna be a complicated answer to a simple question.

It is very straightforward and easy cure meat. There's a bunch of different methods, none of which are complicated (though a few are labor intensive).
>salt
>sugar
>honey
>molasses
>smoke
>other-heat-source (sundried, oven, commercial dehydrator, etc)
>probably hundreds of others

The hard part is getting the flavor you want out of it. For example, a salt-cured ham without significant prepwork will just taste like salt, as well as be insanely unhealthy for you. Which salt you use will alter/determine the flavor, with storebought non-iodized table salt being the most pure and therefore the most neutral tasting. I like commercial sea salt (the stuff you can buy at Sam's Club for like $3 for a 5lb bag) as it gives a hint of flavor on its own but isn't overwhelming, and I've had good but inconsistent results grinding up rock salt (the shit you use for homemade ice cream, not the sidewalk salt that will actually have rocks in it).

Of course, you always have the option of adding other minerals or spices to your salt cure mixtures. I usually don't as I'm happy with the flavor of straight sea salt, but some people do.
>>
>>34815624
crystalline vitamin c lasts indefinitely. tablets have a shelf life
>>
>>34815495
You can buy it to treat fish tanks. It just so happens to have the same dosage that a human would take. (500mg)
>>
>>34815624
Most people have around 6 months' worth of rando multivitamins somewhere in their house. While taking one every 3ish days certainly won't give you your RDA of the various vitamins, it will definitely be enough to prevent scurvy and most other mineral deficiencies.
>>
File: large.jpg (15KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
15KB, 350x200px
>>34814034
Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had in weeks.
>>
>>34815624
>I don't have 40 pounds of Tang in my larder
>>
>>34813751
The plastic jugs will eventually degrade while releasing carcinogens
>>
>>34813751
wheres the vape e-juice and dessert?
>>
>>34814051
Now think about WHY dried seawater lakes look like salt flats
>>
>>34815563
Why non iodized?
Doesn't the body need iodized salt?
>>
File: 1499844496618.jpg (12KB, 198x273px) Image search: [Google]
1499844496618.jpg
12KB, 198x273px
>>34816067
>he doesn't have a fucking water tower full for SunnyD

Bitch ass nigga.
>>
>>34816289
Because if you pack your meat into iodized salt for months on end you end up with meat that tastes like iodine. Which is unpleasant. It can also turn your food weird colors if left in contact with it too long (such as the literal months needed to make a ham).

Your body needs a very scant amount of iodine. As in, if you got iodine from literally no other source ever, a single tablespoon of iodized salt would be a sufficient supply for your entire life (when metered out a single granule at a time every day). In contrast, 1 serving of leafy green vegetables once every 3 days provides sufficient iodine.

Also, the iodine sublimates out of the package shortly after it's opened. Matter of days. So that shaker of salt on your kitchen table contains basically no bioavailable iodine even if it's "iodized"
>>
>>34816289
>>34816434
Just to further expound on this.
>the RDA of iodine for teen and adult males is 120 micrograms a day
Most researchers agree this is low and should be closer to 300mcg. Women and children under 13 need more, up to 800mcg a day. This is to prevent all symptoms of iodine deficiency. The necessary amount to prevent JUST clinical hypothyroidism and goiter is around 80mcg a day.

A single teaspoon of FRESH iodized table salt contains approximately 500mcg of bioavailable iodine, meaning a tablespoon contains 1500mcg.

Gonna revise my previous statement regarding amounts of iodized salt as it was...well, totally wrong. 1 tablespoon provides 5 days' worth of iodine at the agreed-upon "best for health" level, or ~18 days' worth at the "you'll get by" level.

Iodine is capable of being stored in the body long-term, between 1200 and 1500 milligrams (1.2-1.5 million micrograms) in reserve, or 4000-5000 days' worth at "best for health" levels and 18,750 days' worth at "you'll get by" levels. What this means is you don't need it every day. Hell you really don't need it every week, as long as you're willing to binge on high-iodine foods when available.
>>
>>34814891
Just bought a new bag of flour just to make some hardtack.
There's also a skandi version that adds sugar.
>>
File: 60ROUNDS CLIP ON REVOLVER YO.png (321KB, 540x634px) Image search: [Google]
60ROUNDS CLIP ON REVOLVER YO.png
321KB, 540x634px
>>34813751
>putting water that high up
I hope you have a mob when the shit hit the fan and all those jugs falls to the floor and breaks open anon
>>
>>34813751
umm..instant ramen is NOT a survival food.

it has zero nutritional value which is what you need in a survival food.
>>
File: JUST1.jpg (120KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
JUST1.jpg
120KB, 1300x957px
>>34813751
Prepping for me costed 15 cents. A single 45 round to the right temple because FUCK living in a SHTF scenario, especially here.
>>
>>34813773

>not using the cat to bait Asian men

Asian man will give you more meat than a cat.
>>
>>34814160
that list is pretty useless. it literally lists blood as a source
>>
>>34814942
>this is a major concern in a major disaster
>>
>>34817099
>cancer is not a major concern
>>
>>34813751
>Why is it that no one talks about the normies dying of thirst

How about the autists with $40 worth of ramen dying of dehydration? Just get pasta, you fucking sperg. It's got nutritional value. Lose the multivitamins, all they do is make your pee expensive. Get a few Costco 12 packs of canned tuna and sardines, and an 8 pack of canned chicken. While you're at Costco, get a case of canned corn, one of green beans, one of stewed tomatoes, and an assortment of spices. Toss a gallon of honey on the stack, that shit never goes bad. Get a bag of rice, another of dried beans for when times are really desperate.

Then pick up a case each of tomato sauce, black beans, kidney beans, pintos, garbanzos, and chicken broth. One of each plus some water and seasonings makes a basic pseudo chili. Dice a loaf of Spam in there to prevent vegetarianism.

Don't do trendy bullshit. If you're going to prep, do it like you mean it.
>>
>>34817045
Got a goiter? Drink some deer blood!
>>
File: 1500590929146.jpg (148KB, 634x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500590929146.jpg
148KB, 634x800px
https://youtu.be/rOH37W0jPpA
I've got cheesy brocolli for days
>>
>>34815624
I am surrounded by pine trees, no scurvy for me.
>>
>>34815352
what is the pic related to?
>>
>>34816685
where you getting 45 for 15cpr senpai hook a nigga up
>>
>>34814106
Vodka and alcohols in general are bad for cleaning wounds, especially if flavored (sugars)

I use to keep everclear 191 because i thought it was ok for wounds. Alcohol damages tissue and can accelerate infection vs clean water or saline. Burns great, can numb pain, can be used for grog kinda, making oils and others
>>
File: photo1-e1390952191833.jpg (298KB, 1166x828px) Image search: [Google]
photo1-e1390952191833.jpg
298KB, 1166x828px
>>34814295
Buy food grade totes. They are great and auper cheap. Most places throw them away. They are used to transport soy, oil, water ect. Work great as rain collectors also.
>>
I have a pool in my backyard with 40K gallons of water and a couple of those lifestraw family filters. I think that's enough water.
>>
>>34814941
I have one in my front yard,the water is undrinkable though it needs to be filtrated,I use it for garden irrigation.
>>
File: IMG_5587.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5587.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
No pics of my food shelf, but I've got about two months of canned and packaged food and 3 months worth of coffee.

I've got some water stored but I have a swimming pool so the filter is all I really need.

I just picked up pic related to store ammo. Most of what's in it had been stack on top of my safe.

I was going to store .22 rifles on the right side, but I'll probably just add some more shelves.

I intend to paint it at some point too.
>>
File: IMG_5672.jpg (141KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5672.jpg
141KB, 768x1024px
>>34817943
>>
>>34817590
Russian tourists in Berlin.
>>
>>34814697
ausfag, most spirits $45/L unless you're paying for quality or a name on the bottle. I guess it could be worse...
>>
File: It was always me.jpg (63KB, 379x282px) Image search: [Google]
It was always me.jpg
63KB, 379x282px
>>34814034
>>
>>34813918
how's that going? What's your daily avg caloric intake? Just wonder because I was on a shake stint for a while and the plain soylent powder looks like a good base for adding flavors.
>>
>>34817430
have you tried any? i got what i suspect is one of those at a garage sale for $2 and the taste still haunts me. the bags were flimsy, they're minerally enriched with fertilizer and the multitude of bad flavors was astounding. i'm only keeping it in case any of the neighbors try to hit me up for food during a disaster.
>>
>>34814532
I hate the goverment goverment. But small outshoots of people who just want to do there jobs is nice. Good job g-man
>>
I have about 90 mre's, a well, 1000 rounds of 7.62x39, 5.56, and 9mm, i have some lighters and extra batteries for my NODs. Keep it simple guys. 90 days of food is enough for all the normies to die off and thats not includibg what i get from the goverment handing out food in emergency situations.
>>
>>34813751
>his only form of medication is amoxicillin
You SHTF fags are fucking clueless. You're good on the water, that's one of the most important things in SHTF and one of the things we had the hardest time acquiring. Medicine though, that's where 90% of people just over look it. Medicine will be more important than guns and bullets come SHTF. Another big thing is to learn your local fauna and flora.
>source: me and my family survived a war
>>
>>34816917
And kuru
>>
>>34819462
just don't eat his brains or spine
>>
Guys, I have a problem here; I live near the largest toxic lake in North America, and all the groundwater within a mile of me is contaminated with heavy metal from a century of underground mining. How will I get water in a SHTF situation?
>>
Do we really think there's going to be any game around after SHTF?

The deer are gone after the opening weekend of deer season can you imagine how they'd react to 300 million people trying to eat them?

The only wildlife you're gonna eat is a songbird or two and your neighbor's dog.
>>
>>34814134
This... ramen is a terrible choice for survival food, bulk dried lentils, beans and brown rice would be just as cheap and provide a million times better nutrition. Bulk seasonings can be added as desired.
>>
>>34814340
fucking top kek
>>
Some pork products so if you capture a sand nigger you can torment him. Keep his child brides for yourself they'll get Stockholm syndrome and become your slaves.
>>
>>34819573
You need to get mobile and get out of that area. The water quality where I'm from is totally different than in the states because in many streams and rivers you can just drink from without filtering because its filtered through the earth. We find caves or streams coming out of mountains and that's where we found our water. Invest in water testing kit.
>>34819595
Learn to garden and have several of them set up in multiple areas so you have a reliable food source. Beans and rice won't last forever and you can't carry much of it if you're having to move from place to place.
>>34819607
If that's all there is to eat then its not haram, but I wouldn't expect a retard such as yourself to actually know anything.
>>
File: solar-still-diagrams.jpg (40KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
solar-still-diagrams.jpg
40KB, 400x328px
>>34819573
distillation.
>>
>>34819436
What else did you learn?
>>
>>34814134
He could simply use less flavoring, or add his own
>>
So one thing I've never seen discussed in these threads here and elsewhere is bathing. Have any of you gone without bathing for extended periods of time as I'd assume you'd have to when SHTF? I find it hard to go more than two days without a shower, how fucked am I?
>>
>>34819573
this
>>34819617
not to be confused with a simple rainwater catcher/cloth filter of a similar design
>>
>>34819753
Guns aren't important as people here think they are, we didn't have one and were in the middle of a war zone. Staying mobile was key to our survival because staying on one area meant you would get spotted by someone and eventually someone will come check out what you have, and they will come in groups much larger than you expect. Learn to life off of the land, this is one of the biggest tips I can give you because it keeps you from carrying a lot and cuts down on the amount of possessions you have. Keep multiple stashes around, don't have one stockpile because you're jut asking for trouble. Again medicine, get medicine and lots of it.
>>34819797
You'll get used to it man. We went about a month without a real bath/shower. Learn to make soap, these types of skills will be invaluable come SHTF.
>>
>>34819613
>Beans and rice won't last forever

Properly stored they will last 30+ years. Do some research you dumb faggot.
>>
>>34819818
What medicines specifically?
>>
>>34820450
painkillers and as many antibiotics as possible
>>
>>34813751

Ramen has literally zero nutritional value. Focus on the basics; fat, protein and carbohydrates.

You can get a lot of stuff very cheap, but frankly you could just vacuum seal a lot of it yourself (or dry it, if you're into that kind of thing).
>>
>>34813751

>he can get a 12 pack of shrimp flavor at his store

You lucky fucker.
>>
>>34820317
You expect to stay in one area for 30 years? You're more retarded than I originally thought.
>>34820450
Antibiotics, anti diarrhea, ibuprofen or equivalent, pain killers- but Tylenol and ibuprofen will help , Tylenol/acetaminophen, bacitracin, Benadryl, aspirin, a bunch of rubbing alcohol and I'm sure there are some things I'm missing, a lot of this stuff can be carried in small quantities on your person and bigger amounts can be stashed, you also need to learn about your local plants, where I'm from we had plants where you could crush up and they could coagulate wounds so people used it for gun shots and shrapnel wounds, medicine in pill form won't be available always so you need to know natural remedies as well
>>34820575
anti diarrhea is just as important as those, if you can't hold in your fluids and you arent able to get enough quickly no amount of antibiotics or painkillers will help
>>
>>34813751
>/k/'s idea of prepping is buying peanut butter, ramen, and some gallon jugs of water
please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>34820600
>Ramen has literally zero nutritional value.
It's also surprisingly expensive. it might seem cheap at like 25c/pack but an equivalent weight of similar egg noodles and some boullion cubes work out to being cheaper in bulk.

>>34820628
americans are actually this retarded
>>
File: 417129_900.jpg (113KB, 679x900px) Image search: [Google]
417129_900.jpg
113KB, 679x900px
>>34818172
Putin is a faggot quit memeing him
>>
>>34819573
A combination of distillation and GTFO of that area as soon as the fallout clears. Get plenty of bottled water for use in the fallout shelter, then when the rad's died down, grab as much as you can, and get outta there.
>>
>>34820608
>You expect to stay in one area for 30 years? You're more retarded than I originally thought.

I don't live in an overcrowded third world shithole like you. I can realistically expect to stay put and defend my property.
>>
>>34813751
Pb isn't a complete protein btw

>>34814104
Not if he shoots a dog and wants to make jerky.

>>34814445
Why do people always want to tell me why they bought an AK. Like,I get it, you bought a respected rifle firing an intermediate cartridges. You don't need to justify that, but here we are

In SHTF, an AR would be easier to repair anyway
>>
>>34814770
I give them ten percent of my money and 100 percent of my Sunday

>>34816685
Honestly, modern life lacks so many things prior need to be happy. The apiklyapse would suck, but it would be a more fulfilling and engaging life, based on what evolutionary psychology suggests people require

Don't knock it till you try it

>>34819613
This guy knows something Americans don't understand: you don't get the luxury of chilling in your house and waiting for the normies to starve and kill each other off

Study Bosnia. Mobility is key and if you can't get over the idea of abandoning your food and long guns, your house is going to be a tomb.
>>
>>34813751
What happens when nothing happens?
>>
>>34821853
Also .223/5.56 would be far more plentiful than 7.62 if in the US
>>
>>34822005
How could it be that nothing happens? The entire history of the world is violence and domestic chaos until 1954 and you think that it'll never happen again?

Maybe we'll die before things collapse. But there will be people living and they're going to have to deal with it
>>
Check out this blog. It's got some useful info.

https://sensiblesurvival.org
>>
>>34819797
A sponge bath will keep you clean. I've managed it with as little as a quart of water. It sucks about as much as you'd expect it to, but it keeps you from stinking. Longest I've gone like that was 6 months.
>>
>>34822061
This.

And natural disasters. All it takes is one big enough and shit will go completely sideways. We recover mainly because there is support even from outside our own countries (Japanese tsunami).

No imagine a multinational disaster where the major powers were affected.
It could be years before things are put right.
>>
>>34821980
I'm technically LDS, but I'm not active in the church, I honestly have a difficult time believing in some of the Mormon stuff. I do however admire the values, so I can still identify with other Mormons.
>>
>>34819407
Op here. Agreed.
>>
File: 1502164352813.jpg (163KB, 720x747px) Image search: [Google]
1502164352813.jpg
163KB, 720x747px
>>34813878
Iodized salt prevents hyperthyroidism, which DOES become a problem... after a while anyway.
>>
what do you guys think about fallout shelters in case of a nuclear war? I work security for a company that happens to for some reason have a fallout shelter. I always have a mental little plan if shit goes south.
>>
>>34822488
Go for it. Id stash at least a few days water at the job. I do it now just because I hate not having a drink when it gets hot. There's acutuallt a fallout shelter a block from where I work in the basement of an old apartment building. I've considered checking it out because the building is abandoned.
>>
>>34821507
You're going to wake up one night with everything burning down around you. You think being out in the middle of nowhere will save you? Guess where all the city dwellers are going to be heading? You won't last as long as you think you will with that mind set.
>>34821980
>your house is going to be a tomb
People don't realize how easy it is to get someone to leave shelter. Not to mention many houses in America are made from wood so they are incredibly easy to burn down. Also by staying in one area your movements will become incredibly predictable and it's just a matter of time before someone gets curious.
>>
>>34822287
>Now imagine a multinational disaster where the major powers were affected.
Give me even one single example.
>>
>>34822488
They protect you from fallout.
>>
>>34822526
i have access to the keycard needed for the shelter due to being a security guard. i have yet to go down there and see how big it is. but the company i work for is pretty god damn big so that could be an issue
>>
>>34822528
of a global disaster? asteroid impact, global pandemic, super volcano eruption.
>>
File: IMG_5681.jpg (70KB, 381x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5681.jpg
70KB, 381x516px
>>34822528
>gravity anomaly map of the Chicxulub crater area.

I think I can come up with a few if you like.
>>
File: IMG_5682.jpg (20KB, 320x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5682.jpg
20KB, 320x194px
>>
File: IMG_5683.jpg (39KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5683.jpg
39KB, 599x399px
>not even a mega tsunami btw.
>>
>>34822527
I don't think you realize how sparsely populated large parts of the American west are. I agree you should be ready to be mobile if necessary, but places here you can be 20+ miles from even a road, and hundreds from a town of any significance.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170607-181946.png (101KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170607-181946.png
101KB, 480x800px
>>34813773
FPBP
>>
>>34822698
Can you explain this map to me? What causes the gravity anomalies?
>>
>>34814939
The trick is to use the seasoning packet and water to cook small game and veggies, then throw the noodles in at the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (677KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
677KB, 1242x2208px
For all those saying ramen is no good because it has no nutritional value. It has lots of calories fats carbs protein . It is pasta. Someone before said to get pasta instead. Not very many vitamins. Hence multivitamin supplement. Will you die if you eat ramen for 6 months? No desu. May get very sick of ramen though.
>>
>>34823032
>1200 grams of sodium

It's shit, quit trying to justify it.
>>
>>34823059
It's easy to justify. The numbers speak for themselves. Do you have to eat the whole seasoning packet? No. There's no reason to shit on ramen. I'm not spending $8 a piece on MEOWntain house x 2ppl x 1 meal a day (all you need really) x 6 months. That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>34823059
Not even that guy, but I got a few points for you

1. People been eating like crap for 237000 years
2. Ramen comes in a package that tells you very precisely what nutrition it contains.

Basically, we already know and it doesn't matter
>>
>>34823107
> all you really need
Maybe all YOU really need, cause you sit on the toilet browsing all day.

If you want to be a skrong man working for a family and competing for survival, 1/day is suicidal.
>>
>>34823107
Not everyone here is a poorfag that has to justify stupid decisions like stocking up on garbage food like ramen for survival.
>>
>>34823126
>1. People been eating like crap for 237000 years

This is false and you know it. Heavily processed food has only been a thing for maybe 100 years max.
>>
>>34823126
To be fair they ate like crap but the crap they are happened to not be completely terrible, cheap white flour is pretty recent and was followed by a lot of people dying from malnutrition. If someone decided to become a hermit and eat nothing but ramen Id place his odds of survival less than a guy who eats whole wheat porridge
>>
>>34823272
How dumb are you? You're so far up the liberal media fanny that you forgot about starvation and malnutrition.

Our "processed" food is miles ahead of everything that came before
>>
>>34822836
You're describing the region of Bosnia where I'm from. Mountainous, very few if any roads(although we just got our road paved in 2015), and sparsely populated. If you think you're safe because there aren't people now then you couldn't be more wrong. Everyone will be rushing to get out into deserted places so if even ten people came to your area you would recognize it.
>>34823032
Ramen isn't bad, but it should by no means be the basis of your nutritional intake. You should really be making ramen with local plants that you have found to supplement it.
>>
>>34823313
>You're describing the region of Bosnia where I'm from.
Gospel? Man?
>>
>>34823328
No that's someone else.
>>
>>34823303
>white flower stripped of basically all nutrients
>hydrogenated oil
>msg

Shut the fuck up. You are painfully ignorant.
>>
>>34823369
MSG doesn't have negative health effects. I don't know of any ramen with hydrogenated oil, it's certainly not a typical ingredient.
>flower
hahaha
>>
>>34823313
Oh, you're a Bosnian Muslim. I still think you're using your trip in two many threads, but cheers.

Serbs are terrible people responsible for most wars

>>34823369
Oh, that's how far you've been stuck up there. Thanks for being specific
>>
>>34823546
Yep. Our neighbors in our village were Serb and were killed by other Serbs for giving out their food, to people they grew up with their whole lives. When the Serbs came in they killed anyone that was friendly with us and that meant the majority of our villages Serb population was wiped out in the initial attacks so when our forces went back in they knew any Serb there was a hostile.
>>
(1/3)
>>34813957
I legit came here to say this.
Dehydrated foods are GOAT if you've got an easy time with water. Compact, last forever, absolutely dirt cheap. Another trick for people on the coasts: Dried and/or salted fish (whitefish!). Lasts indefinitely, and dried fish is immensely dense in nutrition for the weight, plus it's jam packed with protein. The dried weight is 23% of the raw weight.
Sit down with something like Myfitnesspal or similar to work out how much you'll be eating in a day, buy in bulk, and figure out how many portions you have handy. I'm not saying you gotta eat proper to look shredded in the apocalypse, but it lets you plan out daily rations so you know exactly how many days worth of food you have, and as such, how much food you need to buy.

Now, my real problem is fuel to keep me warm in the winters.
A well insulated house deffers goes a long way, and I've got a mean fireplace that heats the small living room easily enough (plus it's got a stovetop and a small oven!) without much wood, and I've actually got a couple tons of firewood from all manner of sources laid away. Not because I'm expecting the apocalypse to happen anytime soon, but because there are no trees where I live, so in the event of SHTF, I'll be completely and utterly fucked unless I manage to scrounge together enough shit to burn while I dry turf.

I also live in a small town a ways away from large cities. In my opinion, it is the best option for when the S hits the F, as there aren't many people squabbling over resources, and the towns are generally close-knit communities where bad apples get rooted out without much trouble. Granted, that might mean I'll get people knocking on my door asking me if I'd like to share with them, but in lieu of a helicopter ride, I reckon a firm "No can do, but I'll be glad to barter" and eventually a gun barrel in their faces might make them realise it's not a prospect I particularly relish.
>>
(2/3)
On the topic of guns, I'm ashamed to say I'm lagging a bit behind, as I only really got a gun last year - A Weatherby Vanguard in .308. I've got a Marlin 1895 on the way, and in a few paychecks, I'm getting a 12 gauge shotgun of some sort, and I'll still be wanting something in .22 and .223 and 20 gauge. What game I can find here can all be taken just fine with .223, or even .22 in a pinch, but I'd rather have a number of calibres handy. .22 and .223 mostly because of the cheap and light ammunition available. All the aforementioned calibres (bar .45-70, that's my guilty pleasure) are dirt common here, but I'll still be picking up the supplies to reload. As I am still relatively new to firearms, what replacement parts should I keep handy for reparations that I might do myself? As I've gathered, barrels are good for tens of thousands of rounds, so I don't reckon those are very relevant for me, plus that none of the guns I've got in mind have user-replaceable barrels.
I also feel fairly certain the people in my town won't be going roving anytime soon, and as far off the beaten path as it is, I doubt anyone would care to go there to look for stuff to steal, hence I've not worried myself much about the self-defense aspect of guns.

Growing crops of some sort is also in the pipeline. Tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, potatoes and carrots are always nice to keep around.
Seaweed is also grossly underestimated as a food source, and the same goes for all manner of delicacies swimming around in, floating on top of, or hiding on the bottom of the sea. A boat with a good set of oars, perhaps a sail and a pair of fins, snorkel and mask goes a long way. I don't realistically see myself or anyone else producing enough kerosene to feed a generator to power a compressor to fill my air tank so I can use my dry suit and SCUBA gear when the world ends, but having tried it, I'll say that a 7mm neoprene wetsuit is sufficient for freediving in the winter as long as you can get warm fast.
>>
(3/3)
I'm lucky enough to live in an area that's chock full of fish year round in spite of modern fishing vessels harvesting rather greedily of it, so by the time they run out of fuel to power their massive boats, I'll have cod and saithe and halibut and monkfish and rosefish and haddock and rays and plaice and flounder and crab and lobster and seal and puffin and cormorant and sea urchin and horse mussels and scallops for days. The water is largely void of heavy metals, and people here have historically managed perfectly well eating like that, so I reckon I'll do very well, considering it's the apocalypse and all.

It's really nice to see the things people think of in these threads. I now realise I need more containers for SHTF. Metal buckets would probably do me well, and something like >>34817730 for rain water collecting would be nice. >>34814049 brings up a good point. A store of soap to tide you over until you begin to make soap would be real nice. Medical supplies would also come in handy. Shameful though it is, I've actually a great deal of experience in first aid, but aside from some sports tape and some Zyrtec, I've got nothing handy in the house, which I definitely ought to do something about.
One thing that would also come in handy would be to make an oven to make kerosene out of plastic waste, as I don't imagine the world will stop polluting any time soon.

That turned out to be a whole lot of rambling about my likely autistic prepper fantasy, but I hope someone finds something useful in those reflections. I know I've picked up on a lot of nifty things in this thread.
>>
>>34823313
>Bosnia: 19,767 square miles, population density: 178.6 people per square mile

>Montana: 147,040 square miles, population density: 7.09 people per square mile

It's not even close, and Montana is just one of many large, sparsely populated western states. I get what you are saying, but comparing a relatively small country to the American west is just dumb.
>>
>>34823546
>>34823303
>>34823450
Enjoy your obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
>>
>>34823625
I'm not comparing the whole country, just my particular region. Our area was incredibly hard to access and we only have one road coming in for miles into our village. None of this changed the fact that once other areas got hit, we were flooded with people fleeing from them. I've been out to the American west and vacationed there plenty of times so I know how expansive this can be, but consider all of the califags that will flock there as soon as something goes down. You will have people coming there from hundreds of miles away because they think it will be safer. Montana is also one of the least populated states in the country while being one of the largest, I'm in Iowa and we have like three times the population so this will give people even more reason to come out to your area. Basically the whole point of my argument is that being in a sparsely populated(without taking this to extremes like being on an island or some shit) doesn't mean you're safe.
>>34823615
You need to be stocking up on medicine my man, it will be one of the most important items come SHTF and if you feel you have too much you can always barter it for other goods. Medicine also tends to be fairly light and small compared to other goods so it's pretty efficient in terms of storage space
>>
>>34823690
I went to school in Idaho. Now, the average idahoan is defective, but that doesn't change the pain I felt when these goons would tell me stupid things.

My roommate used to tell me that the Idaho countryside would be perfect for bugging out because "there's nobody there"

There's also no trees or water. Where will you hide? What will you burn? The temp gets down to -20f and you can see for miles, literally. The first man with a drone and a rifle is going to find you and break your bones with a bullet.

It's a terrible place that offers nothing but suffering in the best of times. But he's felt safe, because few live there. But guess what, it only takes one killer with one bullet.

Tl:dr the desert places offer nothing
>>
>>34813751
>Prepping on the CHEEP
My father was a prepper. Back when he was a kid everyone had a food pantry that would feed them for several months. They all had gardens and canned foods themselves. It was just how people lived who survived the great depression like my grandparents did.

I only know a few things better than most on this board and one of them is you can not get prepared for the grocery stores going empty and staying empty on the cheep. If you haven't taken steps and learned what you needed before the power went away weeks or months or for ever you are fucked plain and simple.
You absolutely can not prepare for life with out rule of law cheaply or quickly. If shit hit the fan tomorrow and you weren't already set up to be self sufficient you are fucked, period. If you don't already have friends and neighbors on the same page as you get ready for the FEMA food lines that will absolutely fail on the quick

We have these threads all the time and it's a joke to you anons but look at whats going on in Venezuela. A prosperous nation that was fucked right in the ass by socialism. They ate all the animals in their fucking zoo's. They ate their pets and who the hell knows what they are eating now cause out commie marxist socialist main stream media refuses to cover the horrors going on there cause "MUH SOCIALISM" being thebestthebestthebest is their fucking core belief.
Bernie Sanders is a fucking proud and loud socialist. Do you faggots think that kind of shit couldn't happen here with a far leftist congress and some commie cocksucker like Sanders singing law?
1 of 2
>>
>>34823870
2 of 2
If I thought for a fucking second that even ten anons were honestly interested in getting their shit squared away for what is for ever on our door step because we have a fiat currency I would spend 100 hours of my time to teach you but you think it's a fucking LARP, you think itl;s just something fun to talk about. Go ask the starving masses in Venezuala... one of the worlds largest oil exporters... who are alll fucking starving if it;s some game, some joke. How many of you have enough food and medicines.. think about the things your women need to ward off uterine infections and tell me you can provide for more than two weeks if the stores were all empty.
Being a real prepper isn't some fucking joke. RZeal preppers aren't like the retards the main stream media shoved in our faces with DOOMSDAY PREPPERS. Real preppers are just ready to survive when it all falls apart.
The average American is two weeks away from hungry and an eviction away from homeless. I;m not. Me and my family are good to go for almost two years. You want to know how to get there? I can tell you but it ain't fucking cheap.
>>
>>34823827
Honestly going to the desert would literally be my last option, I'd rather try to survive on an active erupting volcano.
>>
>>34819577
I doubt it. During the great depression there was tons of poaching to the point where common animals being on the verge of extinction was a serious concern. Imagine that today with a higher population and less wilderness to being with.
Agriculture for food, and guns for 2 legged predators is the way to go
>>
>>34823827
you'll find in places without niggers people largely either leave each other alone or help each other out. It's not Crossed where everyone turn into an edgy psychopath, even if it was they would be concentrated in more densely populated areas.

Water can be taken from groundwater or collected with a simple tarp setup, no where in Idaho is it so dry it would be impossible to get water during the rainy season for at least your personal consumption needs with some rationing.

But this is largely a matter of preparation. It does no one any good in the middle of the dry season if the water gets shut off and they lay out ground tarps or they don't have any food prepared
>>
SHTF prepping is pure autistic wanking unless you actually have a valid reason to prep: living in shithole countries in the middle of war or civil unrest or in an area prone to natural disasters.

I cringe everytime I hear of someone prepping for "nuclear war" or "(American) Civil War 2.0". One day you're gonna get fucking bored and realize what a waste it is because realistically, wherever you live will NEVER see a fucking happening on the scale you envision, and then it's weeks or months of eating your 5 year old rations so all that money doesn't go to waste.
>>
>>34823920
Are you coming to the nuggetfest in MO in October? Would really like to hang with you some.
>>34824047
>SHTF prepping is pure autistic wanking unless you actually have a valid reason to prep:
Shit is hitting the fan is dozens of places right the minute you stupid fuck. Where do you lay your head that you think your immune? HAHAHAHAH idiot.
>>
>>34823870
>A prosperous nation that was fucked right in the ass by socialism.

Thats a funny way of saying:
>economically assassinated a oil-based economy and staunch anti-US-imperialist by the OPEC and the US lowering the oil prices

Venezuela and Russia (and Iran) are being strangled by the US sanctions and the oil price fixing.

BTT:

My grandmother survived Germany post Allied conquest and she had horrifying stories about the first winter after the war ended. They had to eat insects, the strangest plants, leather, wax, anything remotely organic.

She died a few years ago, but she had a full pantry until the day she died. She could have lasted years with her pantry.

As to growing. If you live in the city, youre fucked anyways. Even if you have a garden.
>>
>>34824142
>it not the socialists fault they gave people microwaves and motorcycles instead of actually investing in education, food security and infrastructure! AMERICANS PEER PRESSURING US IS WHAT MADE US BROKE
Even if you believe that nonsense Venuzual is a perfect example of what not to do as a socialist nation.
>>
>>34824113
I've been thinking about it but I know I'll be busy in October with finishing school and work, it sounds fun though
>>
>>34823577
Ignorant American question, but how could you tell at a glance who was a serb if they were out of uniform?
>>
>>34824166
Thats a shame. I thought we could have a real discussion. If youre gonna sidestep everything I wrote, go ad absurdum and non sequitur, then lets go back to talking about prepping by buying 400 packets of Ramen noodles.
>>
>>34824180
They wore patches,certain police uniforms(in some areas they constituted the police force), and you generally knew just about everyone within a certain radius so they would have known who is who. As far as telling on the front lines you would use code words or get shot.
>>
>>34823955
I'm going to be 234kg of expired microwave popcorn and two rats.

Breed all the meat I need
>>
>>34819436
>source: me and my family survived a war

And what a damn shame it was.
>>
>>34824184
Name one reason why anyone should tolerate your absolute nonsense that is making people starve?
>>
File: 1491360828748.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491360828748.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>34824142
>>
>>34822849
The fuck huge hole in the earth from 66 million years ago. Not even erosion can erase all trace of it.

That kind of impact to day would destroy all the nations nearby and wipe out a good portion of the population.
>>
>>34824205
In that war, it wasn't the Moslems who needed to be gassed. Serbs are responsible for 85 percent of the violent deaths in the last 115 years.

Seriously, Serbs are worse than the Chinese
>>
>>34824286
And that's why we spend the big money on staring into space, see something big enough and we can probably redirect it given enough time
>>
>>34824142
>Country A has an ongoing civil war, the world's highest homicide rate, and hundreds of thousands of internally displaced persons
>Country B has none of those things, plus some of the world's largest oil reserves
>Country A becomes a US ally and teams up with the US's plan to fix their country
>Country B decides to become the bete noire of the US, and do everything they can to be less like them
>Country A passes Country B in less than 20 years

When will they learn.
>>
>>34824294
I wouldn't call them all the same or group them together like that. We had help from our neighbors and they were Serbs but also killed by other Serbs for helping us. It's really just the nationalists that are shite.
>>
>>34824286
I'm familiar with the crater, I'm wondering about the gravitational anomalies and why they are around the crater.
>>
>>34824307
Yeah, I'll bet my life on that. More than likely the eggheads will tell the Donald and he'll just refuse to believe in it.
>>
>>34824329
Yeah, you're correct
>>
>>34824330
The impact literally changed the structure of the rocks around it. It also infused them with iridium.
>>
>>34824332
Given they have more funding for actual space shit now instead of doing NOAA's job it'll be fine.

Besides, to redirect an object that size it would be a decades long project that would require international effort.
>>
>>34824307
>that's why we spend the big money on staring into space
last time i looked it was an absurdly small amount
>>
>>34819613
>What is Giardia
Diarrhea kills for a reason my dude. You are stupid if you aren't aware of this Protozoan.
>>
>>34824361
I'm well aware but our water is incredibly clean, we didn't have running water in our village until very recently, we always gathered our water from a local water source. If you read my other posts you'll see me recommending anti diarrhea.
>>
>>34817590
The beginning of the end of the world
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 500x500px
REEEEEEE
>>
>>34823126
>>34823107
>>34823059
>>34823032
How much of the salt is from the flavoring packet?
>>
>>34824444
Looks like 1200mg, but using all of it is optional.
>>
>>34824460
All of it is in the packet?

Hmm..Sounds like what this thread needs is an alternative method of flavoring their ramen. Anyone have any SHTF-approved sauce mixes?
>>
>>34823690
I'm in the Quad Cities.
>>
>>34824433
Dubs x 2
>>
>>34824507
That's pretty close, I'm around Des Moines
>>
>>34819797
I went 401 days without an actual shower in Afghanistan, subsisting off baby wipes and bird baths.

I've gone 16 days without even that due to being stuck on top of a goddamn mountain due to bad weather, also in Afghanistan.
>>
File: potato box.jpg (100KB, 540x748px) Image search: [Google]
potato box.jpg
100KB, 540x748px
Seen this posted in older threads, might be useful here, how to easily grow your own potatoes.
>>
>>34823881
You seem mad, friend.

I've got MREs for about a month, same with water.
About a week of canned goods
Few pounds of dried pasta.
Always have 15 lbs of rice on hand, about the same for flour.
About a pound of salt.
Few pounds of dried beans.
A LOT of dried herbs and spices.
Enough medical supplies to make probably ten decent FAKs, including antibiotics.

5 guns, with a thousand rounds per.
Two INCH bags, a BOB in the car, and a get home bag at work.

It's nowhere near the level others describe but it is a start.

My limiting factor is the size of my condo. I'm hesitant to put anything in my storage unit in the building since accessing it could draw attention.

I'm more worried about a big quake than a nuke, but Best Korea has named my city a target before.

Also if you ignore the fact that they are filthy Mormons, you can bulk order foods from them:. https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category3_715839595_10557_3074457345616706370_-1_N_image_0?catalogId=10557&langId=-1&storeId=715839595&krypto=I36Yiiljss0q7gJqZq8wLdd6ULOpPXEHnjd5uBZECxLqhMHD2sHP7yMu90W3GFQAJrZ845Orv6U1cjs%2F1Kgux5pqXx5BaxX5cqda%2FZmcCPZu6a4Y6dBeSh%2BQ4qQ8neT6TWCtxWB9nExEfiH4uzuYqlb2sbcF8uIdSgN8NJ5n5%2FI%3D&ddkey=https%3ASetCurrencyPreference
>>
File: 1470757284095.png (119KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1470757284095.png
119KB, 640x479px
>>34816685

Why see what it can offer before opting out at the first sign of hardship and KYSing yourself like a cucked faggot?

THE 'happening' (i.e the happening to end all happenings) is our greatest hope not our utter despair.
>>
File: IMG_5194.jpg (128KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5194.jpg
128KB, 400x308px
>>34824342
Neat, thanks.
>>
>>34824520
Lot's of refugees here and in CR from that time.
>>
>>34824520
Oh hey, the shitskin is the one who invited all these other shitskin here. What a surprise
>>
>>34824664
Funny enough the Bosnians here don't get along with the ones in CR. The ones from CR fought against us and allied with the Serbs in a separatist group so we don't get along to this day. They are a lot from velika kladusa in CR. The Bosnians from our region took their town and kicked them all out if they didn't join us.
>>
>>34824692
Funny enough the Bosnians here don't get along with fucking anybody because they're confrontational dickbags who refuse to assimilate while simultaneously expecting everyone else to pander to them because their dad/uncle fled a war he helped start.
>>
>>34824718
Sorry your feelings are so ravaged, cuck.
>>
>>34824718
Took a car from Trieste through Slovenia into Croatia by a Bosnian. He had some stories. Vicious stuff.
>>
>>34824742
do you think america is close to having some sort of ethnic conflict in the near future?
>>
>>34824745
You mean he made up some vicious stuff, he's most likely some neet who pretends to be a muslim, none of what he says makes any sense
>>
>>34813751
Prepping on the cheap:
>Go to nice apartment complexs, gated preferably.
>Find someone with 5gal water delivery service
>Steal 5g bottles for mad max

Seriously I have found at least a dozen not even trying. Seen five outside an apt once, must of been on vacation.
Also:
>Learn to dumpster dive, useful in prepping.
>>
>>34824769
Yes. I'm certain you are spot on, you know, because you've been there and stuff.

Open your wrists now. Make sure you get the tendons too so you can't type anymore.
>>
>>34824790
>immediately believe someone because they have a trip
I don't think this site is for you
>>
>>34814185
your pathetically try hard of a post
0/10
>>
>>34824745
I love Slovenia and Croatia, did you stay there at all?
>>34824762
No not really, if there was one it will be a race war instigated by the media. >>34824790
Kids will be kids.
>>
>>34824809
>>34824803
>>34824769
>>34824686
I miss the good old days when our thread didn't have these posts in it
>>
>>34824774
careful no one sees you and shoots you in the throat after feeling threatened you useless parasite.
>>
>>34824832
>i miss when threads blindly worshipped tripfags
Seriously take his entire contribution to this thread that isn't useless blogging and vauge implications he was involved in some bumfuck civil war and you have nothing
>>
>>34824872
I care nothing for tripfags. But, here we have done unknown number of boring anons saying boring things

We'd be better off without you, just like your family
>>
>>34824924
>here we have done unknown number of boring anons saying boring things
>talking about realistic scenarios, storage, preparation and loadouts are too boring
>I need a tripfags to spice things up with his completely unverifiable stories!
If you want to role-play you can go to multiple boards for role-playing.
>>
>>34824332

>implying Trump wouldn't go nuts with joy over the chance to use literally dozens or even hundreds of nukes on ayys

MOST POWERFUL ARSENALLLLLLLLLL
MOST POWERFUL NATION
MAKE EARTH GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>34824965
Friend, you tell me which one of those posts that I linked contributed
>>
>>34824829
>>34824692
>>34824520
>>34824924
>>34825005
Friend, you tell me which one of those posts that I linked contributed
>>
>>34824833
If it makes you feel any better the complex I stole from is ultra luxury and 90% from qutar and use and drive chromed out Mercedes. I doubt they miss the water.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 232x217px
>>34825070
Go to bed.
>>
>>34825099
>needing to have the last word this bad
Don't worry, I'll go back to contributing, you can keep avatarfaging :)
>>
>>34824829
Porec. Way too short. But loved it enough to plan on going back at some point.
>>
Seems like I've struck a nerve :)
>>
>>34825122
That place is nice but you need to visit plitvice, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
>>
>>34825115
I'm bored. Angry interactions entertain me.

However, you're performing pretty poorly. You're giving short replies that only tangentially relate to what I'm telling you.

You seem sleepy desu

What did you mean by
>>34825070
>>
>>34824583
This really depends and what soil you use and how much compost or fertilizer you have access to, just putting a bunch of dirt from a hole of similar size will not have enough nutrients on it's own unless you harvest an equivent area of topsoil which is valuable. This isn't to say not to try but a decent amount of prep needed for this to work the first time.

If you do plan on growing supplements to your food stocks you need to have had a functioning garden before things fell apart.
>>
>>34825070
Those aren't all of his posts. He kindly answered me twice on how the belligerents in that war identified themselves and the types of meds he would recommend for stockpiling
>>
>>34825625
>how retarded muslims conduct themselves
>what medicine to take from a non doctor
So in other words he gave you less than worthless information because now you think you know something based off of advice from someone who doesn't
>>
>>34825738
>implying you can't google them and see what their uses are
>>
>>34825750
Listen, if you dont know something just fucking say so and tell the person to get training and actual professional advice for it beyond,
>just Google it bro
>>
>>34825738
Seriously dude this might be the first time ever, but the tripfag ain't the problem. You said you were gonna contribute but here you are again.

Go to bed
>>
File: 1497548452349.png (425KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497548452349.png
425KB, 450x450px
>>34816434
>>34816643
Thanks guys, learned something new today.
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.