[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War is Hell thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 12

>Marine Col. Francis I. Fenton, kneeling, prays at the foot of his sons’s grave. Pfc Mike Fenton was killed in a Japanese counterattack Shuri, May 1945
>>
>>34812975
>Pressure bandaged after they suffered burns when their ship was hit by a Kamikaze attack during the Battle of Iwo Jima; The wounded men are fed aboard the USS Solace in 1945/Lt. Victor Jorgensen.
>>
>>34812981
>Shipwrecked after their ship sank, survivors on a raft wave to a Catalina flying boat. Sadly, the water was too rough for the Catalina to land, and the raft disappeared soon after this photo was taken.
>>
File: Con Thien 1967 COMMENT.jpg (271KB, 687x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Con Thien 1967 COMMENT.jpg
271KB, 687x1024px
>>34812994
>19 May 1967, Con Thien. 19 May 1967, Con Thien, South Vietnam --- Picture shows a US Marine giving a young Vietnamese boy some water and medical attention. His body was burned after the Leathernecks swept through his village.
>>
>>34813007
>A U.S. Marine with bandaged facial wounds gets a helping hand from a buddy, who carries both their rifles, after a battle near Cham Son, in northern South Vietnam on Sept. 19, 1967, in which 20 marines were wounded.
>>
File: Otterloo 1945 COMMENT.jpg (63KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
Otterloo 1945 COMMENT.jpg
63KB, 576x600px
>>34813038
>German prisoner captured near Otterloo" after a German counter-attack towards Otterloo, in an attempt to cut the 5th Canadian Division spearhead. 17 Apr. 1945, Otterloo, The Netherlands.
>>
>>34813056
>Wounded when a mine blew up his Jeep, an ambulance driver sobs by the side of the road after learning that a friend was killed in the blast, Korea 1950
>>
>>34813073
>An x-ray of a 12.7mm bullet in the head of an American GI taken at the 4th US Army hospital. The soldier survived 11 days after receiving his injury, and died from internal bleeding, 18 Oct 1944
>>
>>34813105
>A young Indonesian man with severe wounds is photographed at the Netherlands Indies Civil Affairs (NICA) Hospital in Borneo, the Dutch East Indies. He was the sole survivor of four men on whom Japanese soldiers had used for practicing beheading by sword. Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Borneo, Indonesia. 26 July 1945.
>>
>>34813121
>Marines file past a truck loaded with dead troops during the retreat from the Chosin Reservoir, December 1950.

Taking a break, though no one seems to be monitoring.
>>
File: 22lr master race.png (1MB, 1110x850px) Image search: [Google]
22lr master race.png
1MB, 1110x850px
Back from break.

>Disguised American GI infiltrates Japanese high school, colorized, circa 1945
>>
>>34813141
Damn that one is too real for me
>>
File: Hutu Slaughter COMMENT.jpg (50KB, 750x507px) Image search: [Google]
Hutu Slaughter COMMENT.jpg
50KB, 750x507px
>>34813141
>>34813935
>On April 6, 1994, a group of Hutu began slaughtering the Tutsi in the African country of Rwanda. The bloody foot prints of children attempting to escape the slaughter by climbing the walls was photographed by Annie Leibovitz.
>>
>>34813056

>counter-attack in mid april of 45

The absolute state, took some balls as German soldiers to do that. Now obviously i know their was still quite a few combat ready and lots of shit left etc. Just seems so futile looking on it now.
>>
>>34815815
Back then, the plan the soldiers were getting implied that they wanted to hold out in Germany and make the war so costly that the allies would come negotiate a truce.

Of course that never could've happened. Germany was doomed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.